The Toonami Thread

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Toonami Thread

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:08 pm

So its like a "fusion fall" comic or comics of the cartoons?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Wulfespinndel » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:54 pm

Comics of the Cartoons. They didn't mention FusionFall or anything related.
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Saint Soul » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:18 pm

since IDW did good with the transformers comics. I SHALL GIVE IT A TRY.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:55 pm

Meh. I'll just pirate it.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Wulfespinndel » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:15 pm

Blood Archon wrote:Meh. I'll just pirate it.

Hahaha awesome.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:37 pm

Hello guys.

Last night was the premiere of the Evangelion 1.11 movie. I haven't watched it before and I enjoyed staying up until 3:30 AM in the morning. It was one of the best nights of Toonami in a few years, especially since Evangelion was back on the block for the first time in a few years as well before moving to the Adult Swim block, which it was also back on as well besides Toonami. The block also had a green color scheme and re-ran a few bumpers. Soul Eater, Thunder Cats, and Symbionic Titan weren't showing last night as well so viewers will see it again next Saturday.

The feeling was so nostalgic. I remember seeing Evangelion on Comcast on the Adult Swim block and watching it late at night. It makes me wish Toonami acquired the rights to broadcast it on television again, and honestly, I really do.

Oh and for those who did not know, this April will be the unveiling of a new TOM 5 and a whole new Absolution.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMXO9F3SlUY

Some stuff on Toonami is also posted on their tumblr so you can check it out too.
http://toonami.tumblr.com/
Last edited by Wulfespinndel on Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Maru » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:38 pm

That was LAST night?! Fuck!
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:40 pm

I'm sorry you missed it. Also, two Flying Lotus music videos were showing between the movie's intermissions. Some people's reactions included that it felt like the Daft Punk Gorillaz Midnight Runs from a decade back. I wish I had cable television to stay up and watch those stuff really.

Okay, here are the Flying Lotus music videos:
Putty Boy Strut
Kill Your Co-Workers

Happy St. Patricks Day and a special Birthday, Toonami!
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Rushira » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:23 pm

They did a nice looking Oblivion promo! At first I thought they were doing a storyline thing, but it was just for the movie I guess. It was still nice, though!

I didn't stay up long enough to seem TOM "decode" all of it, does anyone have a video?
"I'm glad we had this talk, now shut the hell up."

Postby CrimsonCreed » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:02 pm

videos on youtube and i also heard a rumor that Toonami is bring One Piece into the mix i think after Eureka Seven is finished
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:49 pm

That's actually true Crimson.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Rushira » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:17 pm

They're starting One Piece at episode 207. Great for the people who left off there, sort of confusing for the new guys who don't know what OP is...meh.
Also, new TOM next week! They're calling him TOM 5.0 , looking forward to it :)

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:50 pm

...which also means they're moving Soul Eater to the 1:30 slot, oh my god.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:04 pm

I'm fine with it. Already watched all of Soul Eater a long time ago.

Also, really happy One Piece is back. Still watching the subs for it, but I've always been curious what the English voices of some characters would sound like.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby CrimsonCreed » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:46 pm

it's been a really really really long time since i saw one piece so im not sure where i was when one piece left the scene (im thinking somewhere between episodes 100 to 150) but hopefully i can get my bearings straightened

Postby Rushira » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:31 pm

firstly, let me start out by saying: SARA IS BACK! SARA IS BACK! SARA IS BACK!
-sans british accent, but back all the same. Dana seems like a cool person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgK__FB8 ... r_embedded

TOM 5 is cute. I like him. They also re-designed all the bumpers and everything. It looks very impressive in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IYSirnpGzU

Since I drop dead asleep by the time Soul Eater ends, I never got to see any of the two "surprises" that were promised, any one care to tell me?

4 weeks till One Piece!

Postby CrimsonCreed » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:00 pm

YES!!! IGPX IS BACK!!! I'm sorry if Im over excited but IGPX was one of my favorite Toonami originals. Everything from the environment to the character was defiantly a work of beauty and art. The way the characters moved and interacted with one another was completely different compared to most animations I've seen.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun May 26, 2013 1:03 pm

Hey guys! I got news for you today! Sword Art Online is now coming to Toonami in August! What do you think? I haven't watch Sword Art myself but the concept of the show is interesting.

Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 26, 2013 11:29 pm

It looks decent, but I haven't looked deep into it.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon May 27, 2013 2:45 am

SAO is a pretty good series. Think .hack//, but everyone is forced to play and people actually die.
An Optimist

Postby Dibullba » Mon May 27, 2013 4:23 am

Also not as boring as .hack//, though I must say it is impressive how quickly that anime is being presented into Toonami. Most of the animes being shown are not recent ones that have either been on Adult Swim or Toonami in the past. So it will be interesting to see a new one being placed into the run. Another good thing knowing that SAO is being ported to Toonami also brings the possibility of other recent high rated animes coming in the future. So calling it now, Shingeki no Kyojin will be ported to Toonami in the future once it is finished and has dubs available.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon May 27, 2013 4:25 am

I loved the .Hack// series :I
An Optimist

Postby Dibullba » Mon May 27, 2013 5:35 am

My apologies to you Sefrol. .Hack// is just notoriously known for being either you love it or hate it type of anime. For me, it did start off with an interesting premise, but it moved too slow in the plot with characters that were almost monotone. So quickly got boring for me. Another show on Toonami in the past that used a similar plot was Code Lyoko which I did enjoy a lot. So it is not that .Hack// has a bad plot or such, it was just the pacing that really killed it for me.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon May 27, 2013 6:50 am

It grew on me from the very beginning. It was different right from the get go, and it took it's time to tell a story and build a world and an air of mystery. It didn't rush things like other animes I was accustomed to, and when action scenes happened you got into it. To admit though, Legend of the Twilight was a little iffy to me even back then with the incest suggesting scenes and the couple whiny voices, and the fact that the .Hack series likes to recycle Kite's costume a lot bothers me. But that's about it. The mysteries that surround the stories, finding out about characters and the people playing as them seeing if they're this or that person from previous titles or even the same series, etc. I'm just hooked on the series. One thing I'd love to see one day is an actual ".Hack//The World" game where you can actually play the MMO everything takes place in.
An Optimist

Postby Rushira » Mon May 27, 2013 3:13 pm

While I havent seen .hack I've always wanted to, and this new show looks just as promising. However, since I can barely bring myself to stay up long enough after Soul Eater I'm afraid I'm gonna miss out (I actually had to DVR Sould Eater these last 2 weeks cuz of the time change)
I'm glad you brought up Code Lyoko, Dibulba! Considering they're adding a new season (the series ended a while ago), maybe CN will consider it again? Toonami might not, since Code Lyoko isn't exactly late night material...but then again, Thundarcats and One Piece aren't to graphic either so...

I'm just a hopeful fan.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)