New Grim Tales - Politely Fridgid (22/02/12)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales - Politely Fridgid (22/02/12)

Postby Zero973 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:21 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:
Zero973 wrote:Didn't expect Pain to get involved at all. And I'm wondering what those pentagram-beacons are for. Maybe a teleporter, or a trap?

Wallow Blacklake wrote:Anyway, the petagram could be a type of electrified energy field.

Even if it isn't Mimi's stuck. Mimi is for all intentents and purposes, a demon (half demon by birth, probably nearly full demon in practice). Notice that that that is a circled pentagram. That means it's not just a pentagram it's a pentacle. And what is a pentacle used for? To summon demons yes, but more importantyl to bind them. From a classical magical perspective, as long as that symbol is unbroken, mimi literally can't leave it, or for that matter, use any powers she might have. She's basically been neutralized. It may be a little odd that Mandy happens to have beacons up to make one already in place. On the other hand given she lives in the underworld, it's a pretty safe bet that she would have something like this, since pretty much any entitey that could break into her vault would have to have supernatural powers. In fact, every attack she and Lord pain have made so far may have been simply to drive Mimi onto the exact spot she is standing on, so they could spring the trap.

Ohhh shit, I forgot about "pentacles." They all look the same to me. xD

Yeeeeah, this is definitely a problem for Mimi. I knew she was bound to get captured somehow or some way, but not like this. Good find, Kitsune, old chap.

Now, my main question is, how is Mimi going to get out? I mean, come on, she's most likely not going to stay there the whole comic. Just throwin' it out there.

Postby 123Applefuzz » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:17 pm

Oh boy, Mimi's in for it now those beacons that Mandy just brought out, she really means business. ;)

Postby Jason Connor » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:46 am

The Seal of Orichalcos :eek: I couldn't resist saying that anyway I've read Grim Tales for awhile now and finally decided to make an account.

Postby Wallow Blacklake » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:51 am

Jason Connor wrote:The Seal of Orichalcos :eek: I couldn't resist saying that anyway I've read Grim Tales for awhile now and finally decided to make an account.

Sir, you appear to be mistaken.
The seal of Orichalcos is a Unicursal hexagram (six points) while the symbol below Mimi's feet is a Pentagram(five poinst).

Welcome to the forum, read the rules and enjoy.

"What's the point in caring when all it brings is pain?"
Stan Marsh, South Park.

My account. Please check it out: http://wallowblacklake.deviantart.com/

Postby Teran » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:07 pm

Holy shit, remember that review BR asked me to write? You know, for useful criticism and stuff? Well, I'm exhausted after writing 8 fucking pages, but it'll be done today. Sorry, I gotta recharge after working on it for four fucking hours.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. There, I just saved myself two months of psychological torment.

Postby iLuvWMGs » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:46 pm

Teran wrote:Holy shit, remember that review BR asked me to write? You know, for useful criticism and stuff? Well, I'm exhausted after writing 8 fucking pages, but it'll be done today. Sorry, I gotta recharge after working on it for four fucking hours.

May I ask what profession you are in to have the capability to write such a good expository?
Some colors simply cannot be seen without seeing the color of pain first
dA username iLuvWMGs (kinda like my online handle now). Pretty dead but hey, I will get on it soon

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:55 am

He said it was long, not good, and he didn't say it was an expository.
I don't think there could possibly be that much useful criticism for the comics on this site.

Postby Teran » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:13 am

Innocence Abandoned wrote:I don't think there could possibly be that much useful criticism for the comics on this site.

And yet, there's a whole team working in Bleedman's comics.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. There, I just saved myself two months of psychological torment.

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:49 am

I honestly can't make a logical connection between the size of the writing staff and the length of any critique paper written on their works.

Postby Teran » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:55 am

Innocence Abandoned wrote:I honestly can't make a logical connection between the size of the writing staff and the length of any critique paper written on their works.

I was pretty inspired.

I want to be a critic, main reason I put a lot of thought into it.

Postby Biostar » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:05 am

Teran wrote:I want to be a critic

Well that explains a lot. Hopefully something good comes out of it.

Postby strider0075 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:03 am

Teran wrote:I want to be a critic, main reason I put a lot of thought into it.

Ah, that explains alot actually, just have a small question though. Which do you prefer a subjective or objective view in reviewing? Cause after reading some of your past comments it seems to me you have a tendency to be subjective in your reviews and criticisms.

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)