New Grim Tales - Politely Fridgid (22/02/12)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Grim Tales - Politely Fridgid (22/02/12)

Postby ShadowGT » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:27 pm

What now?

Re: New Grim Tales - Politely Fridgid (22/02/12)

Postby Autotrooper42 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:36 pm

lolidunno

Also, first.
Image Image

"A man chooses, a slave obeys."

Postby Teran » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:51 pm

Oh God... no more, please!

Why couldn't they... I don't know, like, instead of this page, another page with the fight already over, the whole room is a mess, and Her is finally defeated. I'm already tired of so many fights, cameos and horrible dialogue.

If anyone needs a cheap writer, I'm available.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

The one and only

Postby Shadow3750 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:58 pm

oh man, hidden laser emplacements! or maybe beacons? for summoning some-kind of flame, a cleansing flame perhaps? but then it's the underworld, everything is tainted somehow physically and mentally.

Postby ShadowGT » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:26 pm

Teran wrote:Oh God... no more, please!

Why couldn't they... I don't know, like, instead of this page, another page with the fight already over, the whole room is a mess, and Her is finally defeated. I'm already tired of so many fights, cameos and horrible dialogue.

If you dont like the comic then dont read it!!!!

Postby Zero973 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:29 pm

Didn't expect Pain to get involved at all. And I'm wondering what those pentagram-beacons are for. Maybe a teleporter, or a trap?

Wait. DI-DID PAIN JUST SLASH THAT THING STRAIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE, FOOD AND.ALL?! :U

Postby Teran » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:35 pm

ShadowGT wrote:

If you dont like the comic then dont read it!!!!

I'm pointing OBVIOUS flaws in the comic. You know, those who want an actual story.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

The one and only

Postby BeeAre » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:55 pm

hey could you be more specific as to which parts of each comic are the worst offenders? i would like some actually useful criticism.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Teran » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:53 am

So fucking tired, I'll post the strengths and weaknesses of each Bleedman comic tomorrow or during the weekend, we'll see. Do you want me to include PPGD?

I'm asking this because I already explained what I thought were the main weaknesses in this second saga, but still posted that the last 5 pages were pretty good.. Also, should I post it in here, or via PM?

The one and only

Postby iLuvWMGs » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:54 am

This is just my opinion, but I think the key reason why the comics are suffering is poor pacing.

Complete, the pages are interesting to read and are almost perfect with no waiting for each new page. However, it does feel draggy simply because of the slow releases. Let's say it's like releasing a page of George Orwell's classic 1984
once a week. The whole novel is excellent, but you will gradually get tired of waiting for each new page of a thousand-page novel.

I don't think there's anything we can do about releases however if Bleedman is not under professional obligation to do this. This is the likely scenario why the comics are so slow to release; it's more like something he does as a hobby I guess.
Some colors simply cannot be seen without seeing the color of pain first
dA username iLuvWMGs (kinda like my online handle now). Pretty dead but hey, I will get on it soon

Postby strider0075 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:43 am

Okay, i got to ask, what is with all the whining over the story pacing? Yes i agree the UPDATE schedule is a bit tedious, but it's not like your life will end if you have to wait a week or two for the next page in the saga. But, the PACING of the story itself is fine. Now i'd be pissed if the story just halted and went for twenty pages talking about stuff that has nothing to do with the main arc, but the comic so far has been steadily steaming ahead and telling the story that it set out to tell in this saga.

You have to understand where the focus is, in this arc it's on Mimi. The other characters are there for framing and adding subtle parts of the story, but the arc isn't about them. Thus far the team on this comic has performed excellently in keeping the story moving and telling Mimi's story. We're getting a backstory for Mimi (the focus of this arc), we got more info on the state of the world in this universe and even a set up for future arcs.

There definitely is no problem with the pacing. If that were the case, then right in the middle of the Mimi flashback portion of this arc we would've had a flashback for Mandy to explain what happened in the past leading up to that point of the story. Now that would've been an unnecessary and contrived plot point. So i really don't understand why there even is a complaint about the story pacing.

Postby BlazingBarrager » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:34 am

Bleed...why you copy and paste skeleton figures? *derp*

Location: That little place in your head you don't know about.

Postby iLuvWMGs » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:02 am

Don't mind me, I'm just trying to address Teran's problem over there. I myself have no problems with the pacing although I think it's a good reason why people like him are starting to get irritated. What's your take?
Some colors simply cannot be seen without seeing the color of pain first
dA username iLuvWMGs (kinda like my online handle now). Pretty dead but hey, I will get on it soon

Postby Sir Dangerous » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:23 am

About Pain's attack...

You could say he wanted the fridge for half off.

Postby Duke of MaskS » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:38 am

Just want to put this here. If they are gonna do a fight scene which they know would take a couple of pages, they should post it in a back-to-back post so that the fight would go faster then if the next pages are for dialogues, then 1 page per week will do.

It's like this: Fight Scene(takes a couple of pages) 2 pages per week. Dialogue Scene, 1 page per week.

Does anyone agree with me?
MQuinny1234:You're prancing around with V's mask on, I thought you'd be happy with that.

Delia Surridge: You've come to kill me, haven't you?
V: Yes.
Delia Surridge: Thank God.

Oh and please read my first literature post. Feel free to bash me and whatnot...:D
http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50149

Location: In a floating blue planet at space I'd like to call, "Bob"

Postby strider0075 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:44 am

^ Good idea, if we were talking a ratio of dedicated artist to dedicated writing staff. Correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't Bleedman do all the artwork for PPGD, Grim Tales, and Sugar Bits, but each of those comics have a different writing staff. So he's split between drawing for three different writing staffs and stories. Not to mention each team probably has a different creative process, so for every comic update, i'd assume there are at least three to five rejected versions. All these factors effect speed, you also have to factor in real life factors to the equation.
Look at what happened to Fred Gallagher and Megatokyo. For the past couple of years that comic has barely moved through the new chapter due to real world events. He has his job, he became a parent and other issues, all these issues can effect update speed. Anyhow, if you really want fast update speed, at the very least you need to get individual art teams for each comic so you can reduce lag between writer schedule and artist schedule. In other words, they first need to clean up and streamline the process due to the difference in the ratio.

now the disclaimer, this is all just my personal opinion based on my knowledge of these comics staffing so take it for what it's worth, there is a high probability of inaccuracy.

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:01 am

strider0075 wrote:you also have to factor in real life factors to the equation.

Especially this. If you've been keeping up with each of the writers' current situations you should know that any delayed updates are (quite understandably) more justified through them than they are through Bleedman. If you haven't been keeping up with their current situations just take my word for it.
As it is, though, the updates seem to be turning out at a fair enough pace that I don't mind.

Postby Wallow Blacklake » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:07 am

Mimi uses Fridge toss. It doesn't effect the foe's Lord Pain.

Old joke is old, I know.
Anyway, the petagram could be a type of electrified energy field.

@Duke of MaskS
I don't particularly I agree that the pacing should speed up during fights though we must consider the time it takes to make a comic page of this quality.
I personally don't know how the team goes about making this comic, whether they make all pages and then post or post after each page completion. Regardless, I don't think they would want to post more pages then they can make.

@strider0075
You are a very logical individual. Kudos.
"What's the point in caring when all it brings is pain?"
Stan Marsh, South Park.

My account. Please check it out: http://wallowblacklake.deviantart.com/

Postby Duke of MaskS » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:17 am

Fair enough. Just saying what I think can be beneficial to all.

So about the comic, I would love to have Pain's sword and that is certainly an electrical field...

And to put another thing. Yes it would be great if comics have different artists too but it will not happen for a reason that Bleedman is the only person who draws the three and as far as I know now one has the same drawing style so if they do(which will not) split it to different writers, well the comics will have different drawing styles.
MQuinny1234:You're prancing around with V's mask on, I thought you'd be happy with that.

Delia Surridge: You've come to kill me, haven't you?
V: Yes.
Delia Surridge: Thank God.

Oh and please read my first literature post. Feel free to bash me and whatnot...:D
http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50149

Location: In a floating blue planet at space I'd like to call, "Bob"

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:33 am

Zero973 wrote:Didn't expect Pain to get involved at all. And I'm wondering what those pentagram-beacons are for. Maybe a teleporter, or a trap?

Wallow Blacklake wrote:Anyway, the petagram could be a type of electrified energy field.

Even if it isn't Mimi's stuck. Mimi is for all intentents and purposes, a demon (half demon by birth, probably nearly full demon in practice). Notice that that that is a circled pentagram. That means it's not just a pentagram it's a pentacle. And what is a pentacle used for? To summon demons yes, but more importantyl to bind them. From a classical magical perspective, as long as that symbol is unbroken, mimi literally can't leave it, or for that matter, use any powers she might have. She's basically been neutralized. It may be a little odd that Mandy happens to have beacons up to make one already in place. On the other hand given she lives in the underworld, it's a pretty safe bet that she would have something like this, since pretty much any entitey that could break into her vault would have to have supernatural powers. In fact, every attack she and Lord pain have made so far may have been simply to drive Mimi onto the exact spot she is standing on, so they could spring the trap.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Wallow Blacklake » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Quiet a plausible theory indeed.

Adding to your idea, the "pentacle field" may well use a type of magic-science.
I say this because Mandy is using those beacons to cast the field.
Assuming the field has magical properties of course.
"What's the point in caring when all it brings is pain?"
Stan Marsh, South Park.

My account. Please check it out: http://wallowblacklake.deviantart.com/

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:40 pm

I'm a little worried about the purge button as it can mean two things.

One, point blank oblivion, in which case it clearly won't work.
Two, purging of any magic or the like, or anything Mimi could use to defend herself with or something, which could happen.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby xbox432 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:56 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:Even if it isn't Mimi's stuck. Mimi is for all intentents and purposes, a demon (half demon by birth, probably nearly full demon in practice). Notice that that that is a circled pentagram. That means it's not just a pentagram it's a pentacle. And what is a pentacle used for? To summon demons yes, but more importantyl to bind them. From a classical magical perspective, as long as that symbol is unbroken, mimi literally can't leave it, or for that matter, use any powers she might have. She's basically been neutralized. It may be a little odd that Mandy happens to have beacons up to make one already in place. On the other hand given she lives in the underworld, it's a pretty safe bet that she would have something like this, since pretty much any entitey that could break into her vault would have to have supernatural powers. In fact, every attack she and Lord pain have made so far may have been simply to drive Mimi onto the exact spot she is standing on, so they could spring the trap.

Very well put, you neatly summed up what I was going to say. So I'll just geek out instead, ........LOVING THE MAGITECH PENTAGRAM! :D
And the monkey flips the switch.
Luna Is Best Princess

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Wallow Blacklake wrote:Quiet a plausible theory indeed.

Adding to your idea, the "pentacle field" may well use a type of magic-science.
I say this because Mandy is using those beacons to cast the field.
Assuming the field has magical properties of course.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" Arthur C. Clarke
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:51 pm

Well, that's mainly because if you've got absolutely no idea how something works, an answer as vague as magic or science works pretty well. Especially magic because science implies there is a train of thought behind it which is incredibly long and intelligent, whilst magic is just magic and not quite as intimidating.

Maybe.

I'm rambling here.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)