New Grim Tales 10/2/2012 "Breaking, Down and Through"

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales 10/2/2012 "Breaking, Down and Through"

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:32 am

Oh crap. Mandy seems to have...well, that look rather gives the impression that she's lost what little patience she had left.

And, unfortunately, if she decides to take care of Mimi herself, she's going to win, and she knows this. Why? Because if she decides to take care of her, Grim will obviously join in too and while there is debate over whether Mimi could take on Mandy, there isn't a chance in hell she can take on both of them.

Speaking of which, we haven't actually seen Mnady properly pissed off in any of Bleed's comics yet,and when compared to what she was like when bound by Cartoon Network, it's not hard to imagine what she could do with the freedom her character has in Bleed's comic.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Oddberry126 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:37 am

@Wallow Blacklake:

Well, we've already gone through a lot of pages by now...I'd say it's about time we get some clear answers to some questions...But I'm patient, I can wait. As long as things get solved in the end and the whole story gets a good backbone, it's fine with me.

I've been wondering...Mandy might be referring to Bubbles as being the traitor here ('dumb blonde' clearly refers to Bubbles, it would only makes sense from Mandy's point of view), but I just can't imagine why the hell Bubbles would betray her sisters? She might not be the brightest of the three Powerpuff girls, but she still has a good sense of loyalty...It might be that she has been desillusioned many times when growing up and that she has somehow developped a cynical view on the world she lives in...Just my thought.

Postby xbox432 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:05 pm

Ok Jr. time to Nergalize and protect the hot demon girl. I wonder if he tells his Mom and Dad to back off? Can't wait for the next page ^_^
And the monkey flips the switch.
Luna Is Best Princess

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:50 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:. Why? Because if she decides to take care of her, Grim will obviously join in too and while there is debate over whether Mimi could take on Mandy, there isn't a chance in hell she can take on both of them.

Why would Grim join her in attacking a crying little devil girl? He's more noble then that. He'd probably just kick back and watch the fight go on.

Masterius wrote:@Wallow Blacklake: I think it is a high-pitched, high-octave scream of pure anguish.

This.

MQuinny1234 wrote:we haven't actually seen Mnady properly pissed off in any of Bleed's comics yet

Well, Bleed did do a pretty good job when Dark Danny attacked the Pumpkinator.

Oddberry126 wrote:Mandy might be referring to Bubbles as being the traitor here ('dumb blonde' clearly refers to Bubbles, it would only makes sense from Mandy's point of view), but I just can't imagine why the hell Bubbles would betray her sisters?

I can understand where you are comming from. I think she is reffering to Bubbles as the "dumb blonde", but using it as an example. But for the whole situation, she is talking about Blossom.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Possibly, but I can still imagine him deciding to jsut get it over with.

Forgot about the pumkinator, but that wasn't really the deep murderous ocean of rage we've seen in her. That was more irritation and annoyance.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby iLuvWMGs » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:58 am

Blood Lord wrote:Why would Grim join her in attacking a crying little devil girl? He's more noble then that. He'd probably just kick back and watch the fight go on.

A possible reason would be because Grim wants to keep his head. Don't forget that Mandy is one hell of a wife; she is more than capable of kicking his ass if he objects to her... ouch.
Some colors simply cannot be seen without seeing the color of pain first
dA username iLuvWMGs (kinda like my online handle now). Pretty dead but hey, I will get on it soon

Postby Wallow Blacklake » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:06 am

I don't think that Mandy would want Grim's help.
We have seen int he previous pages that she can hold her own against Mimi.
She may need some assistance because Mimi is throwing a tantrum right now
(and who knows what that will do to her powers) but Mandy is too proud to ask for help from anyone.
"What's the point in caring when all it brings is pain?"
Stan Marsh, South Park.

My account. Please check it out: http://wallowblacklake.deviantart.com/

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:12 am

Wallow Blacklake wrote:I don't think that Mandy would want Grim's help.
We have seen int he previous pages that she can hold her own against Mimi.
She may need some assistance because Mimi is throwing a tantrum right now
(and who knows what that will do to her powers) but Mandy is too proud to ask for help from anyone.

Depedning on how vindictive Mandy is, she may actually prohibit Grim for intervening. Remember, Grim is Death, so (especially in his own realm) if someone is going to die, he probably has to actually use his scythe. So if he stays out, it is possible that Mimi cannot die. On the surface this sounds good, but with Mandy pounding on her, we may get into a "denied the sweet release of death" situation.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:33 am

Mon-Kitsune wrote:Depedning on how vindictive Mandy is, she may actually prohibit Grim for intervening. Remember, Grim is Death, so (especially in his own realm) if someone is going to die, he probably has to actually use his scythe. So if he stays out, it is possible that Mimi cannot die. On the surface this sounds good, but with Mandy pounding on her, we may get into a "denied the sweet release of death" situation.
8)

I can't believe I didn't think of that situation. That is some awesome yet horribly dark shit right there.

But bleed is an expert at not doing anything and making it look like something is getting done. So we won't get that. Cool scenario though.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Yokai Moon » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:49 am

I really can't wait to see if mandy kicks Mimi's ass...there are so many possibilities, but knowing Mandy that look can mean a number of things, but doesn't say everything.

Though I rather not think too much on what goes on in Mandy's twisted mind so I'll stay outta it and can someone please give Mimi a hug?! That girl needs one ASAP

Postby ShadowGT » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:59 pm

Well we know one thing, Mimi dont gonna die because she appears in GTAB all grown up.

Postby Silver Mane » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:12 pm

In all honesty. I think Mimi could kick Mandy's ass.

She's the daughter of HIM after all, and daughter of a powerpuff =Mega power. (Should she be able to control it.)

Mandy, wife of death and has some strength and stamina but has no "powers" as such.

Allegedly HIM tortured Mimi and trained her into a lean,mean killing machine. Granted She still a child, a child who bottled her emotions; and right now I think she's about to release all that anger, hatred, frustration out.
Hi there I'm a writer and an artist in the making! Have a look at my DA at: http://edith-silver-annalyn.deviantart.com/

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:06 pm

That could be true...If Mandy was one of those queens who didn't do anything except sleep around with others and make politics her bitch...oh, no she does that too. Anyway, my point is she wouldn't want to be someone that has to rely on other's strength unless she absolutely has too.

Other point, how well so you think an emotionally damaged and enraged child, admittedly empowered, is going to do against a woman in her prime who is not only an assassin, but has probably been an assassin for a very long time and when angry, does not lose control like most garden-variety villians but instead simply controls it, hones it and then directs it with as much precision as a surgeon.

A woman who has probably been improving constantly in martial skill, probably been training against demons and monsters ever since she became Queen, some of that training in deathmatches knowing her. A woman that probably can't even really die thanks to Grim striking her from the records.

So while Mimi has undoubtedly gone through the most horrific and training Him can provide, Mandy has been training for a good bit longer against whatever training she can provide, and she is still in full control of herself. You may see characters in anime losing their rag and going into berserker mode and then actually winning against whoever was just cutting them into tiny pieces, but that is what we call, in it's technical term, "bullshit." Especially when they're going against an opponent who was winning because of sheer skill, not power.

Keeping all this in mind, Bleed has artistic licence so who knows.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Silver Mane » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:57 pm

Artistic licence-you can do just about what ever you please with it.

I do understand and (mostly) agree with what you are saying. Don't get me wrong. Mimi is an empowered child, who isn't, fully cooked (if you will). While Mandy is, who has trained for ALOT longer than Mimi. But Mandy never went through what Mimi had to go through, never went through trials, training, pain, suffering; just so HIM could get her to abandon her humanity, lock it away. Bottle what ever she's feeling. Just so she could become a spitting likeness of HIM. A tool, a weapon to cause suffering and misery like HIM does.

Mimi and HIM can grow stronger apparently by sin and absorbing negative emotions. (Imagine how much is in grim's castle, which is in the underworld) SO Mimi could actually take in her own negative emotions, (And I am betting it's ALOT) not only her's but Minnie's, JR's, Grim, Mandy's and every one else's in the castle, and maybe in a short radius every little drop of angst, frustration, so on to draw them in and become Uber Mimi, (Like UBER HIM from speed demon.) And I really don't think Mandy could handle that by her self. :eek:

This is what I actually meant in my previous comment. Maybe it's my over active imagination, due to not sleeping, maybe its too cliche. I don't know. But o well, it's a forum and forums are for conversations and debates! 8)
Hi there I'm a writer and an artist in the making! Have a look at my DA at: http://edith-silver-annalyn.deviantart.com/

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:00 pm

The absorbing negative emotion thing...not too sure about that.

I'll still leaning towards Mandy.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:01 pm

I've been wondering...
The fact that the hand is giving everyone the middle finger... is that on purpose, or just an inking error? :unsure:
*Castella Sky*
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsuki✩[/color]

Postby Teran » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:06 pm

PP-Grim1013 wrote:The fact that the hand is giving everyone the middle finger... is that on purpose, or just an inking error? :unsure:

Are you serious?
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. There, I just saved myself two months of psychological torment.

Postby Biostar » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:57 pm

PP-Grim1013 wrote:I've been wondering...
The fact that the hand is giving everyone the middle finger... is that on purpose, or just an inking error? :unsure:

Either way you look at it, its freaking hilarious. But yeah its on purpose, specifically for Mimi.

Postby GridsNaranek » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:24 pm

Oh, god, Bleed, wut?

Is not quite back yet, please be patient
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Teran » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:20 pm

You never called, no flowers, no chocolates, not even an apology?
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. There, I just saved myself two months of psychological torment.

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Welcome not-quite-back, Grids

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:05 pm

Teran wrote:
PP-Grim1013 wrote:The fact that the hand is giving everyone the middle finger... is that on purpose, or just an inking error? :unsure:

Are you serious?

I was serious, you meanie :'( you never know; some of the smallest errors make big mistakes... And then we all laugh about it later
- thank you to Biostar123 for your answer :')

EDIT: and Grids... you have no idea how much I missed that avatar :'D
*Castella Sky*
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsuki✩[/color]

Postby Wallow Blacklake » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:39 am

Exellent to see you againe Griddles.
I've missed your informative input.
How goes it?
"What's the point in caring when all it brings is pain?"
Stan Marsh, South Park.

My account. Please check it out: http://wallowblacklake.deviantart.com/

Postby Silver Mane » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:16 pm

Grids! Welcome back ----(ISH)
Good ta see ya!

Postby shadownerd221 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:05 pm

Grids! How you doing? Welcome back! Well mostly. Still how are you?

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)