New Sugar Bits - Arrival (01/29/12)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Sugar Bits - Arrival (01/29/12)

Postby Wicked_Weasle » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:07 pm

Dude Really! Licorice is an original peronality?!
Apparently you havent read many comics or seen many anime. Her personality is just as overused as Hansels crybabyness.

I don't care if she has a good heart or anything, she hasn't done a single thing worth of mentioning, other than trying to swim and out of nowhere remember that she can't, or maybe kiss Hansel, a relationship which is barely explored in the comic. Sure, she has a logical approach towards Licorice, unlike Hansel, knowing that there's something wrong.

And c'mon again. Bo has done way more. Have you been reading the comic at all. Last time i checked she saved every characters butts at least once, Hansels' more than that.
And a barely explored relationship are you kidding me. She has more relationship with hansel then ginger ever did.
Did you not see the pictures of her and hansel when they graduated courage academy or when they were little tikes running around.
Or how about the dream they had together. It was only possible if hansel was thinking of her.
Not to mention Bo doesnt beat him all the time like ginger does. So i guess hansel is a little sick masochist pervert.
As i suspect you are to Teran since you like little sadist emo lolicons.
PERVERT.
And Bo has been risking everything to save hansel and how does he repay her. By getting her stabbed to death cause he doesnt want to hurt licorice just cause she looks like ginger.
Friggin wuss!!!
NOT TO MENTION THE FIGHT SCENE!!
Bo did all the work while hansel sat there aw-struck........(pathetic leading male character ALERT).

Postby Biostar » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:43 pm

I have nothing against Bo, but she had to die. Why? Well, PLOT!

Hansel is obviously going to hesitate when it comes to attacking his creator, best friend since birth. I like to see you act decisively when you have no freaking idea whats going on.

Where would the conflict be if everyone was all perfect? The story would be more hated if that happened.

Postby Teran » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:45 pm

Wicked_Weasle wrote:Dude Really! Licorice is an original peronality?!
Apparently you havent read many comics or seen many anime. Her personality is just as overused as Hansels crybabyness.
When did I say that I liked Licorice for her "original" personality? I said I liked her because of all the characters, she is the only one that shows some passion, she really wants to fuck these guys, hell, she is the first character to say "Fuck" in a Bleedman comic.

No, she is far from original, but I like the fact that she is the only one doing something in this story.

Wicked_Weasle wrote:And c'mon again. Bo has done way more. Have you been reading the comic at all. Last time i checked she saved every characters butts at least once, Hansels' more than that.
And a barely explored relationship are you kidding me. She has more relationship with hansel then ginger ever did.
Did you not see the pictures of her and hansel when they graduated courage academy or when they were little tikes running around.
Or how about the dream they had together. It was only possible if hansel was thinking of her.
Not to mention Bo doesnt beat him all the time like ginger does. So i guess hansel is a little sick masochist pervert.
WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN!

Alright, let's explore Bo, shall we? When she is introduced, she only kisses Hansel, which establishes a love triangle, but this is never explored.

She appears again in Hansel's dream, and "motivates" him, I guess, but then again, you are missing the point, as this dream is overall pointless to the current plot. In fact, almost all the pages from 2007-2008 are pointless, there's been so much focus in the fight, most of us already forgot about them, and if you think about it, they aren't relevant towards the plot.

She is upset for no real reason, at least not a reason I can't understan, and stares at an old picture of Hansel and her at their graduation, I think. She then calls Brave, and they are informed that something happened. She tries to rush, but Brave stops her. Again, she obviously has a crush on Hansel and knows that he is in danger, I'm not blind, but her personality is so fucking boring. At this point I barely know anything about her character other than the fact that she likes Hansel.

She meets the fox girl, again, because she never thinks tries to rush and save Brave when Nemo eats him, but surprise surprise, she doesn't knows how to swim. Isn't she a Braveheart? Why would she do something so stupid?!?

Then she is like naked, discusses boring stuff with Brave, stuff 100% irrelevant to the plot, finally arrives to the fight, knows that there's something wrong with Ginger, and gets (I can only hope) killed. Is that good enough for you?

Wicked_Weasle wrote:As i suspect you are to Teran since you like little sadist emo lolicons.
PERVERT.

Whoa whoa whoa... I'm not a sadist emo.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby Wicked_Weasle » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:00 am

The story would be more hated?
what is the story hated to some degree already.
I LOVE THE STORY. I love all of bleedmans comics
People post about bleedman being an: otaku, incestual, pedo who draws his comics as panty shot wank fests, BUT REALLY those losers need to, like bleedman said himself, "get a life."
I dont see anything wrong with bleedmans comics, accept for the light incestual undertone in Grim Tales, and that mandy was behind 9/11. Which it has been more then ten years now its ok to crack jokes.
In all honesty Bleedman is one of the greatest webcomic writers I've ever seen on the web and his stories are complicated to some degree, just enough to get you wanting more.
His dialogue is top notch and fleshes out the story enough without overbearing itself with nonsensical jargon unlike one webcomic artist i wish i hadnt known. *cough* ANDIE HUSSIE *cough*

Seriously Homestuck has so much potential to be a gripping heart wrenching tail of friendship, betrayal, loss, revenge etc etc.............. but as one commenter said one time to me as i asked him, "when is the intro gonna be over and i start getting to all the good parts I've heard so much about." He replied, "oh it starts to get good after the first 5000 pages." WTF JUST STARTS TO GET GOOD AFTER THE NUMBER OF PAGES ACCUMULATIVE IN ALL THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS FORGET THAT CRAP

But anyway I got so off topic. Bleedman has great stories and great character, (if all a little bit cliche) but where he puts everything together is the world and art that accompany his storytelling.
Sure all the character types we know and love are in there from past animes but his world that he creates and the stories they unleash make old ideas fresh and inviting.
The only thing i wish is that it didnt take 5 years to create three anime episodes worth of content.
I seriously have finished all his comics in 3-5 hours tops (for each comic). I think he needs some help to join in on his endeavors and he needs to focus on one story then move to the next instead of going page by page on four or five different comics.

Postby Wicked_Weasle » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:04 am

I didnt say you were, I said you like sadist emo lolis

Postby Teran » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:05 am

Was going to ignore your post because it wasn't directed to me... but there are so many things wrong with it, I just can't ignore it.
Wicked_Weasle wrote:and that mandy was behind 9/11. Which it has been more then ten years now its ok to crack jokes.
Why would anyone crack jokes of such a horrible tragedy? So what if it's been 10 years already? I wouldn't appreciate a joke based on this event, that's just horrible.

Wicked_Weasle wrote:In all honesty Bleedman is one of the greatest webcomic writers I've ever seen on the web and his stories are complicated to some degree, just enough to get you wanting more.
His dialogue is top notch and fleshes out the story enough without overbearing itself with nonsensical jargon unlike one webcomic artist i wish i hadnt known. *cough* ANDIE HUSSIE *cough*
Mehhh...

Wicked_Weasle wrote:

I didnt say you were, I said you like sadist emo lolis

Ohhh... yeah, I do :P
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby Wicked_Weasle » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:12 am

In all honesty Bleedman is one of the greatest webcomic writers I've ever seen on the web and his stories are complicated to some degree, just enough to get you wanting more.
Mehhh...

Come on now, dont tell me you like Andie Hussie.
His stories are amazing, if he didnt hide it under a bunch of useless jargon and dialogue. Making something overbearing and complicated doesnt make it better. He needs to learn to simply and not try to squeeze in the entire setup for a story in the intro. MAKES IT REALLY BORING and by the time you get to the good parts you look back on the past 24 hours it took you to get there and ask yourself if the past three minutes of epic dialogue was worth it. WHICH ITS NOT, at least for someone whos sane and not a completely buttf***ed fanboy.

Postby Wicked_Weasle » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:14 am

Everyone look at me im an anon with a user account. :mrgreen:

Postby Teran » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:18 am

I used to be a big fan of his stories, I guess they were Ok back in 2007, these new second sagas are not really my thing, the plot got more complicated, the battles are almost infinite, little to no character development, tons of cameos, too many flaws for me to enjoy the story, but yeah, I guess the man has some talent, I still enjoy his drawings, I guess, but his stories... not so much anymore.

Also, welcome to the forums, please read the rules, and avoid double posting, you can always edit your comment and add the stuff you missed. I usually do that.

Postby Wicked_Weasle » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:19 am

@Teran

I guess you win
Im tired of trying to convince you of how great Bo is as a charecter but you seem to be just another evil loli (aka Higurashi fan) lover so lets just say

You like licorice
I like Bo (and really hope she doesnt die or ill be sad)
and move on as bigons.

AGREED?

Oh sorry i wont double post.

Oh and Teran
were you reffering to Andie hussie the writer of homestuck
or Bleedman? Cause Andie hussie doenst really do cameos as much as he just uses alot of memes.
If anything Bleedman cameos it up all the time but i think thats the purpose. Cause like all is comics are pretty much based on cameos.
Last edited by Wicked_Weasle on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Biostar » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:20 am

Wicked_Weasle wrote:I LOVE THE STORY. I love all of bleedmans comics
People post about bleedman being an: otaku, incestual, pedo who draws his comics as panty shot wank fests, BUT REALLY those losers need to, like bleedman said himself, "get a life."
I dont see anything wrong with bleedmans comics, accept for the light incestual undertone in Grim Tales, and that mandy was behind 9/11. Which it has been more then ten years now its ok to crack jokes.

But anyway I got so off topic. Bleedman has great stories and great character, (if all a little bit cliche) but where he puts everything together is the world and art that accompany his storytelling.
Sure all the character types we know and love are in there from past animes but his world that he creates and the stories they unleash make old ideas fresh and inviting.

Then what are you complaining about?

Postby Numa430 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:23 am

Can we just discuss about the comic instead?

I for once want to see her die because of the story, the emotion of how she was speaking in her dying breath while her skin turns pale shows a actual development.
Now that she is diseased we can finally see the point of bringing out Bleedheart to begin with.

Any other questions before this thread become stupid again?
Under the bed

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:33 am

Try not to be so negative about the thread Numa, it'll be good for you
I'm still steadfastly in the "Bo will live" camp, even though it seems I'm once again in the vast minority on that one. I remember a few pages back when everyone decided to change sides and believe Bo would probably make it, but now things seem back to normal.
The prevailing theory on wanting to bring Bleedheart out is that the twins are going to try to somehow coerce him into bringing their mother back from the Sorrow Sanctum or wherever it is he is keeping her.

Postby Zero973 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:30 pm

I'm actually very disappointed and sad that Bleedheart's coming. Sure, he's a total badass, but I liked Bo, and it's sad she's possibly dead. I know Hansel won't give her up without a fight, but against Bleedheart? Dude's a fucking mammoth! Well, anything can happen, we'll have to wait for the next page. But, for right now, Zero is sad. :c

Postby Wicked_Weasle » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:17 pm

Finally some 'Bo' fandom. Im glad there are others like me that still hoping she doesnt die.
I would also like to point out that maybe the person only dies if BleedHeart takes them back to the Sorrow Sanctum. So Hansel still has a chance to save Bo if he can stop BleedHeart from taking her away, but thats just a theory.

Postby Teran » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:41 pm

I hope Ginger and Licorice are still relevant to the plot.

Postby Unlimited » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:46 pm

Wicked_Weasle wrote:I would also like to point out that maybe the person only dies if BleedHeart takes them back to the Sorrow Sanctum. So Hansel still has a chance to save Bo if he can stop BleedHeart from taking her away, but thats just a theory.

Hmm, where have I seen this kind of idea before?
I just cannot quite point my finger on it...
Hmm...

EDIT: I remember now! Bad fanfics! Those didn't make any sense.

On the other hand, I want Bo to die just because I love her.
Wait... that didn't sound right.
Teran wrote:I hope Ginger and Licorice are still relevant to the plot.

I hope things get real-real.
And the plot moves on.
Like, why didn't they try advancing the plot during those fight scenes?
Animes, manga, comics (E.g: D.C., Marvel, etc.) and movies do that.
Memento mori

Postby Wicked_Weasle » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:43 pm

Hmm, where have I seen this kind of idea before?
I just cannot quite point my finger on it...
Hmm...

EDIT: I remember now! Bad fanfics! Those didn't make any sense.

Well even so, it may be a bad fanfic but I'm still hoping it happens, only just cause i love her so much.

Postby Teran » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:22 pm

Unlimited wrote:
Teran wrote:I hope Ginger and Licorice are still relevant to the plot.

I hope things get real-real.
And the plot moves on.
Like, why didn't they try advancing the plot during those fight scenes?
Animes, manga, comics (E.g: D.C., Marvel, etc.) and movies do that.

I can only think of one thing, "bad writing".

But again, even with this endless fight, I liked Licorice because she is the only character I didn't find boring. I can't hate her, she is so fucking evil and loves to kill and all that stuff, she is the only character with some sort of passion while the rest of them are cardboard characters. I don't know, I just like her... in my bed... I MEAN...

Postby Zero973 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:33 pm

Don't hide it, Teran. Besides, I don't blame you. She's my kinda girl; insane, completely dangerous, and insanely attractive. Too bad I'm too old (my fifteen-year-old ass can't fuck a thirteen-year old!).

Postby Teran » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:37 pm

New Sugar Bits page.

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)