New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby BeeAre » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:39 pm

PP-Grim1013 wrote:... Am I thinking too much expecting some sort of... "Bubbles-possession" by Dee Dee? o.O


>_> no, don't worry, Dee Dee is not possessing Bubbles.

and i mean, Bubbles and Dee Dee were alive at the same time for a while, so this is not a Dee Dee Avatar line of reincarnation to master the art of Ditz-bending.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5644
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby shadownerd221 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:43 pm

Ha ha . References are always good.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 520
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:47 pm

*Castella Sky*
Image
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsuki✩[/color]
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:14 pm
Location: Equestria
Gender: Female

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby Bandit » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:08 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:...Those white dots a re probably...a secondary layer, between the dress and the skin, an undergarment of some sort, yes.


*scrutinizing very carfully*... Those are parts of her lumbar and perineal regions. Don't know if there's underwear...





side note: I'm so glad I took anatomy last semester; that class let me say stuff without sounding like a doofus
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:57 pm
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby strider0075 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:21 am

@bandit, trust me she's wearing skivvies. Mostly because Bleedman, if memory serves, did already do a naked puff drawing before a while back, the after effects weren't pretty. He got a buttload of flak from the forums and the snafu site admins. It was enough he had to re-edit and censor that page, which drew flak from the freedom of speech crowd. So since then he's been good about adding undies if he's doing an upskirt shot, probably to avoid that same nightmare from happening again.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: CA in body, i don't know where in mind
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby BeeAre » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:18 am

i wish they'd not posted that particular page without me seeing a preview otherwise i could have told them that it would get dave's negative attention. i had specifically told both seiryuga and bleed to put a dialogue bubble over them so there would be no issue :P!

i think bleedman used the replacement sunburn image as a subtle "oh i can't do THAT huh well i'll do THIS then nyah"
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5644
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:48 am

Bleedman does subtle?
Masterius wrote:Bubbles isn't using Courage to 'beat up robots' like he's some sort of club. She's actually dancing with him, and together they are pummeling the bugs. In fact, at one point Courage actually forward snap-kicks one of them.

Does it look he has much of a choice of dancing? PLus, you can see he was swung into it.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15207
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:46 pm
Location: r=R{(M[2]/3M[1])^1/3}
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby Autotrooper42 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:38 pm

BeeAre wrote:i wish they'd not posted that particular page without me seeing a preview otherwise i could have told them that it would get dave's negative attention. i had specifically told both seiryuga and bleed to put a dialogue bubble over them so there would be no issue :P!

i think bleedman used the replacement sunburn image as a subtle "oh i can't do THAT huh well i'll do THIS then nyah"


What page are you guys talking about?

Can I see it? :P
Image Image

"A man chooses, a slave obeys."
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:33 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby strider0075 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:45 pm

^ http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=194

that's the edited version. You can't find the unedited version anywhere now, if it popped up it went back down quick, haha. So don't bother looking for the other version.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: CA in body, i don't know where in mind
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby Masterius » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:52 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:
Masterius wrote:Bubbles isn't using Courage to 'beat up robots' like he's some sort of club. She's actually dancing with him, and together they are pummeling the bugs. In fact, at one point Courage actually forward snap-kicks one of them.

Does it look he has much of a choice of dancing? PLus, you can see he was swung into it.


In 'Avant' , 'Plie' and 'Grand evart' it sure seems to me as if Courage is mirroring Bubbles' dance positions.

As for him being 'swung into it' I'll go out on a limb here :P and say you're not all all familiar with either the foxtrot or the tango.
Sundered Sisters: a PPG fanfic
Last Update: 03/31/2012

comments and critiques welcomed

Image Image Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:56 pm
Location: Inside the box along with Schrödinger's cat
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby Princess » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:25 am

I really dislike the blurriness of this page.
Image
Don't lose your way.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Whatbutt: She's got enough tea to throw into a harbor and start another revolution.
Oct 31, 2014 at 4:23 pm EST, sempai finally noticed me.
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 8741
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:33 am
Location: My throne.
Gender: Female

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby Teran » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:17 am

Wow BR, three pages in a row that happen to focus in the plot, and I don't dislike? I would like them if they were central to the current problem, but we all know that Blossom is the important one. The scientists escaping just ends up being unimportant because if Bell succeeds, well, I guess it will make all the efforts of Dexter, Buttercup and Bubbles in vain. Still, good that there is more focus in the characters.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 12689
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:39 am
Location: Mexico
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby BeeAre » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:49 am

the more important a character's feelings are, the better the actions they do in the story feel... for the audience! i think that's a pretty important idea.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5644
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby Teran » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:19 am

Actually, the more a person can relate to a character, the better.

If we can relate to a character, we are constantly rooting for them to succeed. Can you see the difference when we focus on Dexter? He is obviously ashamed when Olga reveals to the community that he is thinking in Blossom, or when he is looking for help (the muscle) when it's obvious that he can't anything to change the situation. Now compare this to Courage trying to tell the scientists about the Emergency Exit? You guys are obviously sacrificing a page just to tell a (lame) joke when you can easily advance the story. The same happened with Monkey, another waste of page just for a character to appear when he has little to no effect in this battle.

I guess relationships and feelings are important in a way, especially when there is some chemistry between the characters, but if I have to be honest, there have been many opportunities and in the end those opportunities are completely wasted. Like that trip to the beach. What the fuck was the purpose of that trip to begin with?

I miss talking to Seir... he actually argued with me and stuff. Guess my argument was too fucking brilliant for him to counter it or find any flaw, and decided just to ignore it. That's the only conclusion I've reached to date.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 12689
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:39 am
Location: Mexico
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby BeeAre » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:52 am

okay to me? relating to a character comes from detailing a map of their emotions, because there are only a few basic emotional ideas that REALLY exist, so once you understand the basic map through the characters' general emotional themes, you have the method by which they will be able to be relatable. :|
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5644
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:25 pm

Never saw the big deal to relating to characters.

I know what I'm like, I don't particularily care about seeing them in media. I prefer characters to be...well, to interest or amuse me. Otherwise they're just characters to me.
Masterius wrote:As for him being 'swung into it' I'll go out on a limb here :P and say you're not all all familiar with either the foxtrot or the tango.

Not even a little.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15207
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:46 pm
Location: r=R{(M[2]/3M[1])^1/3}
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby Teran » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:26 pm

BeeAre wrote:okay to me? relating to a character comes from detailing a map of their emotions, because there are only a few basic emotional ideas that REALLY exist, so once you understand the basic map through the characters' general emotional themes, you have the method by which they will be able to be relatable. :|

Care to elaborate a little more? Kinda got lost in your argument because of all the times you mentioned the word "emotions". Now that you mention it, I can only remember a few scenes in this story with those emotional tones or whatever, I may be wrong, so correct me in that case:

1. Blossom in that ballet audition. We clearly see that Dexter is sad because he remembers Dee Dee and that horrible accident that killed her. It's kinda of sad to see one of the main characters in this situation, and the act should end here, but rather than that, some random shit happens in the room, Dexter immediately forgets all the sadness, and insists he can repair the lights or whatever the hell happened. All the emotions become irrelevant, and more like a joke. I could say that this scene could be used for Olga and Dexter to know each other better, or I think they already know each other, I don't fucking know at this point. I think it was used for Blossom to relate Mandark and Olga, I think, but again, when something explodes or crashes or whatever, all the tension becomes irrelevant, we no longer care about it. It even makes me wonder why was that written, it leads to nowhere, even if Dexter and Blossom know that Olga is Mandark's sister, it's ends more like a trivial fact and doesn't adds to the plot. AT LEAST NOT IN THE LAST TWO YEARS.

2. Bell and Gir in the moon. A similar scenario, Bell is sad because Gir is like a robot, or something, and she needs a real friend. Everything becomes irrelevant because of Naga, I'm not even kidding about this, I just checked the pages. So Naga wants to touch (rape!) Gir, and Bell immediately attacks him. He survives (sadly), and all the sadness becomes irrelevant to the plot and now Naga is the center of attention. Again, I don't understand his purpose in the story, and I've been waiting two fucking years.

3. The trip to the beach. Things are getting interesting, I guess, and just when Blossom offers Olga food the act closes. Why the hell would the act close at this point? So Mandy and Bubbles explain the audience what the hell happened, because we didn't need to see it by ourselves. So like... Olga and Dexter cried... I think? Was this even relevant to the plot?!? It's never mentioned again, the only thing I saw was Dexter catching that frisbee and landing on Olga, but again, it was trivial because of the way the act closes. And shit, these two haven't developed their relationship, if there's even supposed to exist one.

4. Bubbles and XJ9. I'm not even gonna bother with this one, it was awkward as fuck. Well, Ok, I have some time. So XJ9 appears out of nowhere, Bubbles immediately has a crush on her, I think she used to be famous, or is a celebrity, or something. Facebook jokes (HILARIOUS, SO HILARIOUS I FORGOT TO LAUGH!), a younger version of XJ9, and then we finally get to this convention. Irrelevant to the plot, as this friendship leads to nowhere, and XJ9 is only a plot device used by the villains, making her whole introduction completely useless.

It is actually a big deal for the audience to relate to the characters, MQuinny, because in the end, it's what truly attracts us both in movies and comics. Why do you think Michael Bay and Roland Emmerich are constantly criticized? I can assure you it's not thanks to their "complex" characters.

And why so much sadness in the comic? What happened to the cheerful characters we once knew? Like 8 years ago? You constantly talk about adding more to the plot and stuff. Wait, so this comic will continue AFTER this fight? Is it going to take two years for us to get into another fight that will last for a year? Oh God... I'm so tired of this.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 12689
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:39 am
Location: Mexico
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby BeeAre » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:54 pm

it's true that a great deal of the story is diminished at the beginning, and so most of my effort has been trying to sort out that inconsistency, hence why you feel it's slow.

i really can't get your ire for letting the comic make jokes if it's going to be held down to the pace i've set for it in order to correct what i see as mistakes in the first three years of the comic's inception (before i joined the team).

i'm not going to proceed any faster, because faster is what led to the mistakes in the first place--Blossom just going "OH DEXTER'S EYES ARE SO BEAUTIFUL" is pretty shitty writing, dude.

And you keep seeming incredulous even though I explain this every time you bring it up, with not much but a "YEA? I STILL DON'T LIKE IT" each time as your criticism.

I'm beginning to think you're not really wanting to discuss and instead just want to vent. Venting is not for which this forum has been made, my dear.

But, hey, I'd love to be completely wrong about this.

You can start to prove me wrong by engaging me with the answer to this question:

How do you relate to a character?
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5644
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby Teran » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:16 am

Took ya a while to reply, eh? I like to think that it took you this long because you were constantly walking, thinking of great ideas for PPGD, but then I remembered how much you love to post in Spam or receive credit for writing this, and all my hopes were shattered. Anyways, let's proceed.

BeeAre wrote:it's true that a great deal of the story is diminished at the beginning, and so most of my effort has been trying to sort out that inconsistency, hence why you feel it's slow.
All this stuff can't be undone, it will never go away, it will haunt my dreams forever. It took you guys 70 pages to finally get into this battle, and this battle has lasted for 39 pages. So we have 109 in total. I beg to ask, did you write those 70 pages where nothing happened? Oh wait, my bad, a lot of stuff happened in those 70 pages, but was it relevant to the plot? It just seems like random fanart and lame jokes (don't worry, I'll get into that in a moment). So in those 70 pages we get to meet Olga for no apparent reason. I'm not even kidding when I say that you could replace Olga with ANY CHARACTER, and it wouldn't matter because at this point her character is unimportant. It was fun when we all thought that she was evil and wanted to kill Dexter for what happened to Mandark, but it seems that she is completely unrelated to the bad guys, so why have her in the story? For there to be a love triangle you say? When did that happen?!? Will it happen in the future? Maybe, but who cares, this battle will never end as it's already ruined thanks to the fact that we are focusing in every single super hero in the convention.

Oh, but I'm not done with those 70 pages of nothing. We also had Buttercup looking for a talent after she beat the living shit out of everyone in Jack's class. So again, we have a bunch of painful pages with Buttercup dressed as a scientist, then as a chef, she discovers this new talent she has for cooking, but in the end it's just something trivial and truly a waste of time. Will her cooking abilities save the world? Perhaps one of the pages I hated the most is when she is trying to focus in order to fight, and suddenly says "fuck it", and kicks that robot thing. I hate that page, and at the same time like it, because it reveals that all her training, cooking and stuff has been a waste of time, there was no development in her character at all.

Bell appears to be sad because she has no friends, then fucking Naga appears because we obviously need a Mary Sue in the story, she tries to kill him with little to no effect, activates a giant clock that, until now, we have no idea of it's effect. Then we had that trip to the beach for no apparent reason. That collection of flashbacks from Mandy and Bubbles that added nothing to the plot, XJ9 lame introduction, and we finally arrived to this convention.

To this day I still have no idea who Professor X is, what are the villains doing in that convention, what do they want, their motivation overall, the purpose of Naga and Olga in the story, etc. It doesn't helps that the cheerful characters we had in the first saga are now fucking boring and annoying because they don't do a thing.

BeeAre wrote:i really can't get your ire for letting the comic make jokes if it's going to be held down to the pace i've set for it in order to correct what i see as mistakes in the first three years of the comic's inception (before i joined the team).
I have nothing against the jokes. For example, that Omelette du Fromage joke you made in the last page was pretty clever, you stole a smile out of my face because, as a Dexter fan, remembered that episode. But it also worked because the joke wasn't the main focus of the page, it came out as something trivial. The purpose of the page was for Dexter to explain what the hell is going on, and to look for the "muscle" in order to proceed, that joke came as something trivial. But what happens when the joke is the main focus of the page? When the only purpose of making the page is for a lame joke to be made? Like those fucking glasses for both Buttercup and Blossom, or when that mini-gun caught Bell's attention? Oh, who could forget Courage trying to get the attention from the audience? Did you actually thought that would be funny? Jokes and cameos should be treated like something trivial, because in the end, the plot doesn't centers around them. Oh yeah, I mentioned "cameos" before time. That's another fucking problem I have with this comic now, sometimes the cameos are the main focus of the page, and it's a big problem because we can't advance. Hell, I found more charm in Billy and Ed making that mountain of food than in Mandy talking bullshit because SHE WAS BORING! Can you see the essential flaw in here?

And please do elaborate what you thought were the flaws in the first saga. I'm actually very curious about it! DO SHARE!

BeeAre wrote:i'm not going to proceed any faster, because faster is what led to the mistakes in the first place--Blossom just going "OH DEXTER'S EYES ARE SO BEAUTIFUL" is pretty shitty writing, dude.
Hmmm, oh yeah, I remember that page. Ok, so Bleedman obviously needs someone who writes better dialogues between the characters. Is that the only flaw you found in the first saga?

And I do agree that rushing a comic is not the right direction, I mean, the second saga of Grim Tales was completely ruined because it all went so fast, in the end we had a pretty unsatisfactory ending. But damn, PPGD is no better thanks to the fact that most of the story so far has been irrelevant and boring as fuck. Sure, drooling idiots who only watch the comic for the cameos will be satisfied, I guess, but there's also a plot.

BeeAre wrote:And you keep seeming incredulous even though I explain this every time you bring it up, with not much but a "YEA? I STILL DON'T LIKE IT" each time as your criticism.
Well I'll be damned, when have I written "YEA? I STILL DON'T LIKE IT"? Wait, that's how you've summarized all my posts? I'm so disappointed BR, very, very disappointed in you. I actually feel tempted to delete all the stuff I have written and reply at you the exact same way you wrote it, because that's all you take from my posts. It would be fair for you to call me a moron if my post only included that, but I'm fucking taking my time in order to carefully explain to you why PPGD is NOT WORKING.

And I've said in the past that these last three pages of PPGD are actually good. I like them because I can't see the flaws I've mentioned in the past. If I constantly looked for something to hate, that would make me a hypocrite. By the way, how is Seir?

BeeAre wrote:I'm beginning to think you're not really wanting to discuss and instead just want to vent.
Read above. If anything, you are always pulling an "out of jail" card out of your ass to avoid discussing with me.

"Ha, you said poor writing, ha, what a loser". Were you high that day?

my dear.
Sorry, you're not my type.

BeeAre wrote:But, hey, I'd love to be completely wrong about this.

You can start to prove me wrong by engaging me with the answer to this question:

How do you relate to a character?
Here, you might learn a thing or two
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 12689
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:39 am
Location: Mexico
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby Masterius » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:19 pm

T-800 wrote:Took ya a while to reply, eh? I like to think that it took you this long because you were constantly walking, thinking of great ideas for PPGD, but then I remembered how much you love to post in Spam or receive credit for writing this, and all my hopes were shattered. Anyways, let's proceed.


T-800 wrote:All this stuff can't be undone, it will never go away, it will haunt my dreams forever. It took you guys 70 pages to finally get into this battle, and this battle has lasted for 39 pages. So we have 109 in total. I beg to ask, did you write those 70 pages where nothing happened? Oh wait, my bad, a lot of stuff happened in those 70 pages, but was it relevant to the plot?


I could go on and on but I won't.

First, kudos to Bleedman and BeeAre. I appreciate their efforts and talents.

Secondly, if this comic is seriously going to "haunt [name]'s dreams forever, I'd suggest that person get therapy. If a metaphor, well, then good literacy.

Why does every waking moment have to be directly centered on 'plot development'? Life isn't like that, and the occasional "off-topic" moment can be funny. Not sure about your sense of humour, as most of your 'joke' references brought smiles to me.

In closing I'd like to add the following tidbits:

Abraham Lincoln wrote:You can please most of the people some of the time. Some of the people most of the time. but none of the people all of the time.


Don't complain and/or criticize a craftsman unless you can do a better job.
Sundered Sisters: a PPG fanfic
Last Update: 03/31/2012

comments and critiques welcomed

Image Image Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:56 pm
Location: Inside the box along with Schrödinger's cat
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby Teran » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:45 pm

Masterius wrote:I could go on and on but I won't.
'Cause you obviously can't, son. If I have to be honest, by the number of your posts, I'm sure this is the only time you will reply at me, and then disappear for some months. I could easily ignore you and wait for a proper response by BR, but it's a flaw of mine to constantly reply at everyone. Feel free to surprise me and actually reply at me again if you want.

Masterius wrote:Secondly, if this comic is seriously going to "haunt [name]'s dreams forever, I'd suggest that person get therapy. If a metaphor, well, then good literacy.
I won't even bother with this.

Masterius wrote:Why does every waking moment have to be directly centered on 'plot development'? Life isn't like that, and the occasional "off-topic" moment can be funny. Not sure about your sense of humour, as most of your 'joke' references brought smiles to me.
Because if there's no plot, this comic ends up being a display of shiny characters, it ends being just random fanart. And please elaborate with the jokes that made you laugh, I'll be happy to carefully explain why it's horribly unfunny.

Masterius wrote:In closing I'd like to add the following tidbits:

Abraham Lincoln wrote:You can please most of the people some of the time. Some of the people most of the time. but none of the people all of the time.


Don't complain and/or criticize a craftsman unless you can do a better job.
Are you fucking with me? Are you seriously telling me that if I can't draw, I shouldn't be criticizing? Hey, no one asked me to write a story for PPGD, and I don't want to sound like a douchebag and say that I could easily write a better story, because I'm not even sure if I could. But I'm highly unsatisfied with the current story because so far, everything is boring, most of the stuff that happened before this fight is irrelevant to the plot, it's just random crap all over the place. And if you are allowed to praise BR and Bleedman for their "efforts", why can't they be criticized? Found a flaw in your argument kiddo.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 12689
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:39 am
Location: Mexico
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby Masterius » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:23 pm

T-800 wrote:'Cause you obviously can't, son. If I have to be honest, by the number of your posts, I'm sure this is the only time you will reply at me, and then disappear for some months. I could easily ignore you and wait for a proper response by BR, but it's a flaw of mine to constantly reply at everyone. Feel free to surprise me and actually reply at me again if you want.


Well, quality will trump quantity every time, 'son'.

T-800 wrote:Are you fucking with me? Are you seriously telling me that if I can't draw, I shouldn't be criticizing? Hey, no one asked me to write a story for PPGD, and I don't want to sound like a douchebag and say that I could easily write a better story, because I'm not even sure if I could. But I'm highly unsatisfied with the current story because so far, everything is boring, most of the stuff that happened before this fight is irrelevant to the plot, it's just random crap all over the place. And if you are allowed to praise BR and Bleedman for their "efforts", why can't they be criticized? Found a flaw in your argument kiddo.


You're right; they can be criticized as well as praised. But it appears that your current diatribe runs more along the lines of an execrated condemnation rather than a heartfelt critique.

You're entitled to your opinion; I and others are entitled to ours.
Sundered Sisters: a PPG fanfic
Last Update: 03/31/2012

comments and critiques welcomed

Image Image Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:56 pm
Location: Inside the box along with Schrödinger's cat
Gender: None specified

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:36 pm

... what happened to this topic? :!: the posts have become so HUGE (don't anybody reply with "that's what she said")
*Castella Sky*
Image
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsuki✩[/color]
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:14 pm
Location: Equestria
Gender: Female

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby Teran » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:46 pm

Well, this is quite surprising, you actually replied.

Masterius wrote:
T-800 wrote:'Cause you obviously can't, son. If I have to be honest, by the number of your posts, I'm sure this is the only time you will reply at me, and then disappear for some months. I could easily ignore you and wait for a proper response by BR, but it's a flaw of mine to constantly reply at everyone. Feel free to surprise me and actually reply at me again if you want.


Well, quality will trump quantity every time, 'son'.
Don't hate me for that, I was wrong, you actually replied at me. Many users only make a single post, and it takes months for them to return, if they ever return. Who knows, you might actually be someone interesting to talk with. Yes, the number of posts is something extremely trivial, you might actually have a better argument than BR himself.

Masterius wrote:But it appears that your current diatribe runs more along the lines of an execrated condemnation rather than a heartfelt critique.
Image

Masterius wrote:You're entitled to your opinion; I and others are entitled to ours.
Please do share your opinion. Rather than counter my argument, tell me why this comic works! Tell me why this is the best story ever made.

I hate the story because it's boring as fuck, and nothing is important, do share why I'm wrong, why I'm the worst critic in the world, I'd love to know!
Last edited by Teran on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 12689
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:39 am
Location: Mexico
Gender: Male

Re: New Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi: "Encore!" (1/22/12)

Postby Princess » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:47 pm

Honestly, why do you think I'm rarely here anymore?
Image
Don't lose your way.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Whatbutt: She's got enough tea to throw into a harbor and start another revolution.
Oct 31, 2014 at 4:23 pm EST, sempai finally noticed me.
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 8741
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:33 am
Location: My throne.
Gender: Female

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Lolwutpear_126 and 2 guests