New Sugar Bits - "Crashin` Down" (04/01/12)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Sugar Bits - "Crashin` Down" (04/01/12)

Postby Teran » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:11 am

Biostar123 wrote:@T-800: I meant in general, but a more regular update schedule would have sped this battle along and gotten to the important plot points before the comic could've decayed to this state.
It's still no justification, and let's assume we receive an update every day, have you counted how many pages there are in this battle? 75, which would be two and a half (men?) months. Sure, the battle would be over long ago (assuming that it's 75 pages long, which I doubt, it's the current length right now, but I can assure you this will continue) but it's still fucking tedious to watch this battle. We forget about Hansel and the fact that he is a Braveheart. He is now a gingerbread man who happens to shoot fire out of his hands for no apparent reason, as expanding the fight makes us forget all his backstory (at least what we knew, because his character wasn't fully developed). The same can be applied to Bo, from a Braveheart, to a sexual fetish for perverts. That Fox girl, Brave, that demon dude who I already forgot his name. Seriously, why not make it short like in the first (and only good) saga of PPGD, for example, Bell vs Blossom, only 11 pages. That's an acceptable length, from 5 - 15 pages, you don't lose interest in the comic.

The most annoying thing is how easy it is to repair all this fucking problem, focus in a single character! This character just happens to be the important figure in the fight, we can see in the background the other characters having a hard time, but we don't focus on them. That way, the battle is over at a faster pace, then, through the important figure in the fight, we can see all the damage done by the bad guys, they explain us their motivation (if we are supposed to know), the casualties, etc.

Wait, the current writers didn't knew this?!?
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 12665
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:39 am
Location: Mexico
Gender: Male

Re: New Sugar Bits - "Crashin` Down" (04/01/12)

Postby shadowforce41 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:31 pm

T-800 wrote:
Biostar123 wrote:@T-800: I meant in general, but a more regular update schedule would have sped this battle along and gotten to the important plot points before the comic could've decayed to this state.
It's still no justification, and let's assume we receive an update every day, have you counted how many pages there are in this battle? 75, which would be two and a half (men?) months. Sure, the battle would be over long ago (assuming that it's 75 pages long, which I doubt, it's the current length right now, but I can assure you this will continue) but it's still fucking tedious to watch this battle. We forget about Hansel and the fact that he is a Braveheart. He is now a gingerbread man who happens to shoot fire out of his hands for no apparent reason, as expanding the fight makes us forget all his backstory (at least what we knew, because his character wasn't fully developed). The same can be applied to Bo, from a Braveheart, to a sexual fetish for perverts. That Fox girl, Brave, that demon dude who I already forgot his name. Seriously, why not make it short like in the first (and only good) saga of PPGD, for example, Bell vs Blossom, only 11 pages. That's an acceptable length, from 5 - 15 pages, you don't lose interest in the comic.

The most annoying thing is how easy it is to repair all this fucking problem, focus in a single character! This character just happens to be the important figure in the fight, we can see in the background the other characters having a hard time, but we don't focus on them. That way, the battle is over at a faster pace, then, through the important figure in the fight, we can see all the damage done by the bad guys, they explain us their motivation (if we are supposed to know), the casualties, etc.

Wait, the current writers didn't knew this?!?

Wow, That was probably the most well put and complex comment that I heard anyone besides grids and mirak make on this site. T-800 makes a good point. That kinda reminds me of a show I used to watch back in my youth.
Dude, just stop. You're not even good.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:59 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Sugar Bits - "Crashin` Down" (04/01/12)

Postby ShadowGT » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:26 pm

GT is good too, and in my opinion the best of all the three comics.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:50 pm
Gender: Male

Re: New Sugar Bits - "Crashin` Down" (04/01/12)

Postby DJxRLFxRYN » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:05 pm

The cameo character in the last panel looks like an older version of Otto (from Time Squad).
Looks like he's become quite the otaku with the anime posters/figurines In the background.

On top of that, the page ends with long-haired blonde twins wearing skimpy outfits falling onto a round-shaped bed.

I SMELL SOME FANSERVICE COMING UP IN THE NEXT PAGE.

AAAWWWWWYEEEEEEEAAAA :mrgreen:
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:21 pm
Location: Pleasant Hill
Gender: None specified

Re: New Sugar Bits - "Crashin` Down" (04/01/12)

Postby gamefan » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:23 pm

ShadowGT wrote:GT is good too, and in my opinion the best of all the three comics.


Offtopic, but I do prefer PPGD. More lovely girls. :grin:
Flowerpuff Girls Forever <3
Image Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1564
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:10 pm
Location: Crowville
Gender: Male

Re: New Sugar Bits - "Crashin` Down" (04/01/12)

Postby Flamestrife » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:49 am

I have to admit, when I first saw Sugar Bits, I thought oh my gawd, it's so girly... and left it alone. Only today I spent like three hours reading the whole thing and when I was finished I was thinking 'OMG That was so freakin awesome!' and I fell for Gene. I can't wait for the next part because I want to know what happens and I'm truly sad that this doesn't always get new pages very fast... I fell in love with the PPGD and wanted to see more of that, but I'm full sail for Sugar Bits now. I like the ginger bread man, Hanzel.

I have to ask a question that came up in my mind while I was reading it... While Gene was knocked out from the explosion that destroyed his limo, in his dream, was he helping Ginger make Hanzel? It would explain with Gene knows Hanzel's name...
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:44 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New Sugar Bits - "Crashin` Down" (04/01/12)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:50 am

There's some crazy backstory in this that Bleed never got round to.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15205
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:46 pm
Location: r=R{(M[2]/3M[1])^1/3}
Gender: Male

Re: New Sugar Bits - "Crashin` Down" (04/01/12)

Postby Flamestrife » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:38 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:There's some crazy backstory in this that Bleed never got round to.

Noticeably.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:44 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New Sugar Bits - "Crashin` Down" (04/01/12)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:42 pm

Parrallel world shit makes things confusing too, different versions of the same events, etc.

I guess...it's possible that Mammom to licorice are the cope of Hansel to Ginger? Something like that maybe.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15205
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:46 pm
Location: r=R{(M[2]/3M[1])^1/3}
Gender: Male

Re: New Sugar Bits - "Crashin` Down" (04/01/12)

Postby Autotrooper42 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:57 pm

CinCire wrote:Bleedman chose a weird moment to make a cameo.


lol But seriously, this fucking battle has lasted forever.
Image Image

"A man chooses, a slave obeys."
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:33 pm
Gender: None specified

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests