New Member and Remark about the latest Grim Tales comic

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Member and Remark about the latest Grim Tales comic

Postby Oddberry126 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:28 am

Hey there everyone. My (user)name is Oddberry126, I'm new here as you can see.

I've been lurking for about a year on this site, following the three comics drawn by Bleedman, namely Grim Tales From Down Below, Power Puff Girls and Sugar Bits.

I used to love these comics and check regularly for the latest pages, but I'm not as excited as usual anymore.

As for Sugar Bits, maybe that's because of the long fight, which severely slowed down the story and the fact that many questions still remain, for example, who Licorice actually is. But I hope and am sure we'll get answers to these questions somehow when the story is nearing its end.

When it comes to the Powerpuff Girls, I'm happy that we finally see a direct confrontation between the Power Puff Girls and that evil organization (of which I don't remember the name right now, sorry). I hope that also there we'll get some answers and plot clarifications soon.

Grim Tales has always been my favourite comic on here. I found the main story of Grim Junior and Mini Mandy fascinating and enjoyed every bit of it. As for the current story about Mimi, I'm not as excited, to be honest. I'm not sure the plot twist with the whole different dimensions thing was a good idea, but then I'm not the one creating this comic so I'll go with it. Also the fact that Blossom is actually Mimi's mother and HIM Mimi's father is, to me, quite disturbing indeed. I felt it was inconsistent, what with Blossom's crush for Dexter and all, we still haven't seen much development of that relationship, in fact. And now Blossom suddenly has a child with one of the main villains in the Power Puff universe? I just hope we get a better explanation on this soon.

Anyway, that was about what I wanted to say. And no need to point out I need to read the rules, I'll make sure I do that. Lurking on here for about a year has made me rather familiar with the way things work on here.

Have a good day,

Oddberry126

Re: New Member and Remark about the latest Grim Tales comic

Postby Duke of MaskS » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:16 am

Well, that's intriguing. Anyways, welcome to the thread. Read the rules, respect them, love them, use them to bash someone who is being stupid about something but eh, it's your call. But follow the first 3 that I mentioned.

Hope you enjoy your stay and be on with you and go on a posting spree which I failed to do so for the past years! But do not spam anywhere except for the spam section, your free to do anything there...

Have a nice day...
MQuinny1234:You're prancing around with V's mask on, I thought you'd be happy with that.

Delia Surridge: You've come to kill me, haven't you?
V: Yes.
Delia Surridge: Thank God.

Oh and please read my first literature post. Feel free to bash me and whatnot...:D
http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50149

Location: In a floating blue planet at space I'd like to call, "Bob"

Postby Imosa » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:22 am

Wow, a new member who knows Him is Mimi's father. That's refreshing. What do you mean by "And now Blossom suddenly has a child with one of the main villains in the Power Puff universe". It's been years, decades even, since PPGD, you have no idea what's been going on. I kinda hope that Bleedman keeps the reason to himself so that it remains a constant secret throughout his works, only hinted at every now and again but never fully answered. It would be like the legend of zelda timeline or something.
Besides I don't want to follow this part of Mimi's story for much longer, I came to see her get transformed into a demon Damnit. If Blossom and Him have a revealing conversation for the next few pages this entire flashback will be bullshit. Why would horror's hand bother showing that?

Postby Oddberry126 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:26 am

@Duke of MaskS: thanks for the nice welcome, that's certainly appreciated.

@Imosa: Don't take me for one or the other brainless n00b who just registers on this site just to go spamming, thank you. I indeed HAVE followed the story of all the three comics up until now. Maybe I'm just a bit confused by Grim Tales' story right now. And honestly, is my reaction THAT surprising? We never knew Blossom was Mimi's mother up until now, just that HIM certainly appears to be her father, or at least, her 'caretaker'. So the fact that Blossom turns out to be Mimi's mother certainly made me wonder for a while, yes. What happened to her and Dexter? Why did she decide to get together with HIM? Maybe she was forced to? Or perhaps she's a traitor afterall? I find this last option to be the least realistic, as we know that Blossom clearly is the smartest of all the Powerpuff Girls and certainly has a good sense of loyalty. So yeah. Why? The next few pages will bring more explanation, I hope.

Postby shadownerd221 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:29 am

Well first off welcome and hope they do come with an explination to the situation.

Postby Oddberry126 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:31 am

@shadownerd221: thank you for the welcome!

Anyway, I'll stop the discussion about Mimi here because there already is another topic about this. I'll move over there. :)

Postby superjp164 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Welcome to the forums Oddberry126 :!: :grin:

Postby Dibullba » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:39 pm

Definitely seems to be a lot of conflicting feelings about the fact that Blossom and Him are the parents of Mimi. The primary thing I keep seeing is people referring to Dexter and Blossom which is where the original fan base got attached to, but even by telling people that Grim Tales has nothing to do with PPGD I keep on seeing people saying that. I could handle the fact that for w/e odd reason they did get together within that set separate universe, but now I am also starting to think that maybe this was not the best decision to go with as within the comics for those who do not read the forums regularly it does not really clarify that they are separate universes which creates the negative conflict behind it.

Guess I could say it is those peoples fault for not researching behind it and such, but it is also one of those odd cases where multiple works from the same group are being made at the same time and ends up concerning a different time period. Psychologically the issue is continuity based on referencing.

Postby Imosa » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:57 pm

Oddberry126 wrote:@Imosa: Don't take me for one or the other brainless n00b who just registers on this site just to go spamming, thank you. I indeed HAVE followed the story of all the three comics up until now. Maybe I'm just a bit confused by Grim Tales' story right now. And honestly, is my reaction THAT surprising? We never knew Blossom was Mimi's mother up until now, just that HIM certainly appears to be her father, or at least, her 'caretaker'. So the fact that Blossom turns out to be Mimi's mother certainly made me wonder for a while, yes. What happened to her and Dexter? Why did she decide to get together with HIM? Maybe she was forced to? Or perhaps she's a traitor afterall? I find this last option to be the least realistic, as we know that Blossom clearly is the smartest of all the Powerpuff Girls and certainly has a good sense of loyalty. So yeah. Why? The next few pages will bring more explanation, I hope.
Well your right we didn't know that Blossom was the mother but we already considered the possibilities and implications if Blossom was the mother so when I saw the page I didn't really think much of it. I find this page kind of boring because we already talked so much about this possibility that there is little else for me to say.

Postby Clawdeen » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:35 am

hi welcome to te forums i clawdeen also new lol
Mad Tea Party

Postby stefani88 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:33 am

Oddberry126 wrote:Hey there everyone. My (user)name is Oddberry126, I'm new here as you can see.

I've been lurking for about a year on this site, following the three comics drawn by Bleedman, namely Grim Tales From Down Below, Power Puff Girls and Sugar Bits.

I used to love these comics and check regularly for the latest pages, but I'm not as excited as usual anymore.

As for Sugar Bits, maybe that's because of the long fight, which severely slowed down the story and the fact that many questions still remain, for example, who Licorice actually is. But I hope and am sure we'll get answers to these questions somehow when the story is nearing its end.

When it comes to the Powerpuff Girls, I'm happy that we finally see a direct confrontation between the Power Puff Girls and that evil organization (of which I don't remember the name right now, sorry). I hope that also there we'll get some answers and plot clarifications soon.

Grim Tales has always been my favourite comic on here. I found the main story of Grim Junior and Mini Mandy fascinating and enjoyed every bit of it. As for the current story about Mimi, I'm not as excited, to be honest. I'm not sure the plot twist with the whole different dimensions thing was a good idea, but then I'm not the one creating this comic so I'll go with it. Also the fact that Blossom is actually Mimi's mother and HIM Mimi's father is, to me, quite disturbing indeed. I felt it was inconsistent, what with Blossom's crush for Dexter and all, we still haven't seen much development of that relationship, in fact. And now Blossom suddenly has a child with one of the main villains in the Power Puff universe? I just hope we get a better explanation on this soon.

Anyway, that was about what I wanted to say. And no need to point out I need to read the rules, I'll make sure I do that. Lurking on here for about a year has made me rather familiar with the way things work on here.

Have a good day,

Oddberry126

Thanks you for the post.
Last edited by BeeAre on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: bot lol

Postby BeeAre » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:07 pm

this bot seems almost snarky i like it

pay no attention to me newbies i'm just BeeAre the local tyrant king moderator

i'm like a janitor but a janitor who has long since lost all empathy with humans and sees them as garbage to be swept up SO STAY OUT OF MY DARK WAY

actually i love everyone but i do have to remember you are a person and not a bot sent here to taunt me.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)