Grim Tales - "Mother Cometh" (29/12/2011)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Grim Tales - "Mother Cometh" (29/12/2011)

Postby snafu addict » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:09 pm

@imosa-I agree with the fact that all of these things can just be part of the plot or just irrelevant to wants occurring. What I'm just saying is simply that we can't ignore these little things because they can have value in mimi's nightmare without us realizing and the pink laser is probably the primary example of this, but yes then a again the pink laser can either be a troll or a distraction to a bigger event about to unfold (like the true identity of the mother). Well, whatever I know I contradicted myself but that's how I roll. :)

Postby gamefan » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:10 pm

DeadStage wrote:Been looking through some of grids stuff, only one I can find that even barely (I seriously mean barely) resembles the mother would be Blood, but I very much doubt that.

0% that can be true. :P

Him changing appareance and fool Blossom sound like a better and more simple explanation. Yes, we can just wait for the next page, but lets admit it: talk about it its fun. :mrgreen:
Flowerpuff Girls Forever <3
Image Image

Postby CinCire » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:34 pm

Blood is doubtful, since she is an original character.

Blossom is undoubtedly stronger than Him, giving another reason for her to be the mother.
"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people."
John Lennon

Postby ShadowGT » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:51 pm

Well i think is time to say.... new page please!!!! XD

Postby Markulin » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:53 pm

A total mindfuck would be if it turns out to be Jesse from Pokemon...
what is he doing with that scy...

Postby Pulse » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:38 pm

I think that's not possible XD.
Tv Repair Guy nuff said.

Postby Imosa » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:09 pm

snafu addict wrote:@imosa-I agree with the fact that all of these things can just be part of the plot or just irrelevant to wants occurring. What I'm just saying is simply that we can't ignore these little things because they can have value in mimi's nightmare without us realizing and the pink laser is probably the primary example of this, but yes then a again the pink laser can either be a troll or a distraction to a bigger event about to unfold (like the true identity of the mother). Well, whatever I know I contradicted myself but that's how I roll. :)
You lack organization and so you can't properly interpret what you are seeing. Your right, you can't ignore the details but you need to see them for what they are and use a constant level of doubt to decide what is relevant and what is irrelevant.

Postby CashCowBob » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:13 pm

You know, I'm actually fine with it being Blossom now, because even if it is I don't think it'll affect the story of PPGD in anyway. Cause I don't think that BeeAre would let what happens in GT dictate what he has to write for PPGD.

Postby iLuvWMGs » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:11 pm

@ snafu addict
Don't double post, there's an edit function for a reason. Although I agree with Bob here, so I am consoled. Whatever happens in GT stays in GT and vice versa for PPGD. For now, the only rational thing to do is wait...
Some colors simply cannot be seen without seeing the color of pain first
dA username iLuvWMGs (kinda like my online handle now). Pretty dead but hey, I will get on it soon

Postby Pulse » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:24 pm

And we're watching and we're waiting...(Phineas and Ferb song)

I think i'm about crack under curiousity.
Tv Repair Guy nuff said.

Postby snafu addict » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:24 pm

@iLuvWMGs- sorry for that I'm no stranger to bleedman and comics like GT and PPGD, I'm just a novice to the forum world. And I agree that whatever happens in either of the comics is up to it's creators and we are no one to really judge what we enjoy watching. So indeed let's leave it to the next one.

Postby Hinalover » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:35 pm

I registerd to post my suggestion. I was going through Bleed's Deviantart page and came across two images he posted

http://bleedman.deviantart.com/gallery/3418436#/d4tcra

and

http://bleedman.deviantart.com/gallery/ ... 4#/d1faxb0

The first one I posted is of Kids Next Door. What my suggestion is it could be Number 3 due to the hair style the two have. I know the color scheme don't match though but it's still a thought.

The second is of Lili from Tekken. I know this is mostly from CN's cartoons but the hair style and general clothing style could match.

Finally the whole red eye deal I don't think comes from her mother side, but from her father side...aka HIM.

Postby ShadowGT » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:50 pm

Number 3 can be an option (i considered it a lot before this discution take place, even before GT: WHAM? came out), first because the black hair and because Mimi use common things to fight (a paintball gun, an iron, etc.) like KND and in some chapters number 3 shows a mad temper just like Mimi and finally because she appears in Billy and Mandys movie (Big Boogey Adventure), but she cant fly, she dont wears white, she wears green and dont have powers.

Postby CinCire » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:36 pm

It cannot be Numbah 3 because her hair is too dark and would look like Mimi's in the third panel - the mother has lighter hair.

It has already been confirmed the red eyes are from Him.

3 can be considered, but there's not much evidence that actually works in her favor. Lili from Tekken....meh.
Last edited by CinCire on Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people."
John Lennon

Postby SgtWaffles » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:37 pm

1.) Y'know, Blossom could be present and have shot the laser beam but not be the mother. The mother and Blossom could have just arrived at the same time or chose to appear at the same time, etc. Blossom could just be not shown yet. Also, for some reason when I look at mimi it reminds me of lalavava - which makes the traitor thing make sense - but I'm pretty sure it isn't lalavava. But, at this point, the mother could be any of the available options as well as an original character - with good writing anything is justifiable.

2.) I thought we already established a while ago that PPGD and GT are alternate versions of the same universe? I mean, I was one of the people who flipped sh!t when I saw that PPGD and GT could be the same universe, and then it was explained by the authors that they were separate.

3.) On a side note, this screwing around with the reader makes me want to do what i used to do - wait three to four months before checking on GT so I can just read them all one after the other with zero wait time.

4.) On a second side note, I wish that there were hardcover colour print editions of PPGD, SB, and GT. I would have bought some print editions for myself for christmas in an instant, assuming a reasonable price. I guess there might be a copyright issue but I seriously doubt that the big companies are going to waste their time on suing a small-time artist about shows that stopped airing years ago. It would be an international legal case involving lawyers who would cost the company in a day more than they could ever hope to get from Bleedman. Not only that but consider the big music industry (the most rabid and insatiable company in terms of suing people) with their irregard for the artist GIrl Talk - a major and blatant violation of copyright law who is making money and success hand over fist compared to Bleedman. In short, Bleed could probably get away with it, especially if he sold the editions to people at cost with only a request for donations - court cases where there is zero profit made on content that isn't an exact copy of other content are nightmares for copyright holders.

Or, for that matter, I just wish bleedman would put out a high res edition of the comic - if he doesn't want to make print editions - so fans could make their own.

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)