Casting Call For Crossover Fate Of The Multiverse

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Casting Call For Crossover Fate Of The Multiverse

Postby DisturbedLeader » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:45 pm

I'm seeking auditions for my series Crossover: Fate Of The Multiverse http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoFgPMbf ... AAAAAAACAA

It’s a fan animated series I’ve created using Imovie to animate it, until I can purchase Adobe Flash. It’s a series reminiscent of my child and teen-hood fan fics and comics such as this one:

http://www.drunkduck.com/Anime_Adventur ... l/4996539/

The plot is as follows:“The evil Nightmare manipulating sorcerer Stardon has once again been foiled by Max and the Dream Knights. After fleeing Stardon then figures that he must get some assistance from some outside sources, as he traverses to many dimensions bargaining with villains to aid him that they may conquer their home realms in return. Upon returning to the Dream Kingdom the Dream Knights are overwhelmed by this new alliance, before help arrives in the forms of the various heroes from the dimensions the villains hailed from. Now lead by Max these league of heroes must restore order to the multiverse.

And Auditions are being held here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqe7zrt7 ... AAAAAAABAA

As the cast of characters are as thus:

Max:
age 15:
Status: Dream Knight
Voice: (Listed in the casting call video)
Brief Bio:“He came across The Dream Kingdom in his dreams one night and was knighted after saving their princess.

Stardon:
Age: Unknown
Voice: (Listed in the casting call video)
Brief Bio:“Exiled for bringing forth nightmares to the Dream Kingdom he seeks to become the ruler of the realm of dreams and plunge reality and the realm into a never ending nightmare.

Iron Man:
Age: 35 I guess. :p
Voice:Looking for something similar to that of the vocal portrayal in the cartoon Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.
Brief Bio: A billionaire in a suit of high tech armor fighting to make world a better place.

Rocket Raccoon:
Age: unknown
Voice:Some who can pull off or has an australian accent.
Brief Bio:“A member of the Guardians Of The Galaxy Rocket Raccoon has a history of traveling through space and battling various villains.

Riku:
Age: 15
Voice:“A young stoic yet naturally born leader with a mild competitive streak.”
Brief Bio:After growing up on Destiny Island, Riku has sought to travel other worlds with Sora and Kairi only to wind lost with King Mickey.

Donald Duck:
Age: unknown
Voice:“Akin to the Disney voiceover.”
Brief Bio:“A court Wizard in Disney Castle, Donald Duck set out with Goofy to find King Mickey when they saw his note.”

Goofy:
Age:Unknown
Voice:Goofy voice, redundant I know.
Brief Bio:“A court Knight of Disney Castle, Goofy set out with Donald Duck upon learning about Mickey’s disappearance.

Mickey Mouse:
Age Unknown
Voice: Mickey’s voice
Brief Bio:King of Disney Castle, Mickey set out to find the mysterious “Key” Ansem had told him about.

Marlin:
Age: 15
Voice:“A light chipper voice.
Brief Bio:“A Day-walking Pure-blood vampire who was adopted by humans.

Gina
Age: 16
Voice:“Light and friendly.”
Bio:“Marlin’s adoptee human sister, who later learned magic.

Tyson
Age 16
Voice: Despite being African American, Tyson is a well spoken guy.
Brief Bio:“Tyson belongs to a clan of werewolves who defend humans in secret from things that go bump in the night.

Angelica:
Age: 15
Voice: A romanian accent
Brief Bio:“Angelica is a day-walking pure-blood vampire who moved from Romania to America after learning of Marlin’s whereabouts after learning of his parents’ disappearance. Angelica is not just Marlin’s girlfriend, but also his teacher in mastering his vampiric abilities.

Rasunscar
Age:Unknown
Voice: A Calm persuasive voice
Brief Bio:“Rasunscar is pale-skinned night-walking vampire, who spawned the vampire civil war between night and day walkers.

Sonic The Hedgehog
Age: 15
Voice: Upbeat and positive.
Brief Bio:“The Speed Demon, Blue Blur, and Champion of Mobius. Sonic has battled Robotnik to protect his woodland home.

Tails:
Age:11
Voice:“Hey if you can sound like an 11 year old Tech Wiz-kid with an admiration for Sonic, you’ve got the part.
Brief Bio:” Miles “Tails” Prower is a tech savvy 11 year old fox who looks up to Sonic has his hero, as he does everything he can to help Sonic fight Robotnik.

Knuckles:
Ages: 16
Voice: Something similar to either Dan Green or Travis Willingham’s voicing for Knuckles, no impressions if possible.
Brief Bio:“Knuckles belongs to a tribes of Echidnas who are charged with guarding the Master and Chaos Emeralds. He’ has on several occasions aided Sonic in defending Mobius from Eggman and other threats.

Mephiles The Dark:
Age: unknown
Voice:“Explained in the casting call video I posted a link to.”
Brief Bio:“Mephiles is a demonic entity who seeks to release Iblis and bring about the flames of disaster.

Spider Man:
Age: 24
Voice:“Something akin to Toby McGuire, Christopher Daniel Barnes,(from the 90s cartoon) Mike Vaughn,(Web Of Shadows) or his voice in MvC3. (No impressions if possible.)
Green Lantern: Hal Jordan:
Age 35
Voice: Something akin to Adam Baldwin’s cameo voicing of Hal Jordan in Justice League Unlimited, Loren Lester(Batman The Brave And The Bold) or Josh Keaton(Green Lantern Animated series) Again no impressions if possible)
Brief Bio: Hal Jordan was a U.S. Military pilot who was appointed by Abin Sur to be Green Lantern. He’s been parallax infected, a red lantern, a brief blue lantern, and specter, so yeah he’s seen some stuff.

Green Lantern Guy Gardner,
Age 36
Voice:“Rash and pig-headed tough guy, somewhat similar to James Arnold Taylor’s portrayal of Guy Gardner.(Again no impressions if possible.)
Brief Bio: Guy Gardener was appointed Green Lantern by Abin Sur and later Hal Jordan’s back up after a time paradox involving Booster Gold which left him injured.

Green Lantern John Stewart
Age 34
Voice:“Yes something similar to Phil Lamar’s portrayal.”
Brief Bio:“John Stewart was appointed as Hal Jordan’s back up after Guy Gardner was injured. John has since been a lantern battling several galactic and Earthly threats.
Last edited by DisturbedLeader on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm depraved, and really don't care.... Something's wrong...So hard to put my boney finger on
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:22 pm
Location: United States
Gender: None specified

Re: Casting Call For Crossover Fate Of The Multiverse

Postby Imosa » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Well, this is something new for the forum. Unfortunately, there is something seriously wrong with your hyperlinks, all three of them. Fix that and I'll be happy to tell you if your wasting your time.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 2:03 pm
Location: EST
Gender: None specified

Re: Casting Call For Crossover Fate Of The Multiverse

Postby DisturbedLeader » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:31 pm

Imosa wrote:Well, this is something new for the forum. Unfortunately, there is something seriously wrong with your hyperlinks, all three of them. Fix that and I'll be happy to tell you if your wasting your time.


Okay the hyperlinks are fixed... Now please drop the other shoe...
I'm depraved, and really don't care.... Something's wrong...So hard to put my boney finger on
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:22 pm
Location: United States
Gender: None specified

Re: Casting Call For Crossover Fate Of The Multiverse

Postby Mir@k » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:41 pm

I don't think imosa was being harrsh, but seriously, if you need assistance or want to recruit folk for any kind of multimedia project, head over to the projects forum on deviantart. Seriously lots of people are willing to jump right in at any kind of movie making project, so long as the premise is fun.
Image
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter

"Bang and Abscond"
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Casting Call For Crossover Fate Of The Multiverse

Postby BeeAre » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:43 am

yeah i don't know why you're recruiting here, but welcome to the forum if you decide to stay around past this casting call.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5646
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: Casting Call For Crossover Fate Of The Multiverse

Postby Mir@k » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:49 am

He joined in 2007 so i guess he lurks here some.
Image
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter

"Bang and Abscond"
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Casting Call For Crossover Fate Of The Multiverse

Postby DisturbedLeader » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:54 am

Lyra wrote:I don't think imosa was being harrsh, but seriously, if you need assistance or want to recruit folk for any kind of multimedia project, head over to the projects forum on deviantart. Seriously lots of people are willing to jump right in at any kind of movie making project, so long as the premise is fun.


I thought I'd be able to find recruits here for the series I'm making since there are fans of PPGD and Grim Tales here, but still if you say that I should post this on deviantart project forums then so be it. Thanks for the advice.
I'm depraved, and really don't care.... Something's wrong...So hard to put my boney finger on
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:22 pm
Location: United States
Gender: None specified

Re: Casting Call For Crossover Fate Of The Multiverse

Postby Mir@k » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:00 am

Yeah, there ARE fans of ppgd here, that much is obvious, but fans are just fans, what you need are artists, and we don't have many here, those that we have are either begginers or generally not consistent.
Image
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter

"Bang and Abscond"
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Casting Call For Crossover Fate Of The Multiverse

Postby DisturbedLeader » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:30 am

Lyra wrote:Yeah, there ARE fans of ppgd here, that much is obvious, but fans are just fans, what you need are artists, and we don't have many here, those that we have are either begginers or generally not consistent.


I'm guessing it wasn't made clear, but what I'm seeking are amateur voice actors, but if you were referring to that then that's cool. I'm about to check on deviant art in a bit.
I'm depraved, and really don't care.... Something's wrong...So hard to put my boney finger on
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:22 pm
Location: United States
Gender: None specified

Re: Casting Call For Crossover Fate Of The Multiverse

Postby Mir@k » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:32 am

Artists can specialize in more fields than just visual media you know. :/
Image
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter

"Bang and Abscond"
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Casting Call For Crossover Fate Of The Multiverse

Postby Imosa » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:46 am

You could look at Newgrounds, probably the biggest hub of flash related things on the internet. Although, I'm not sure if I would consider the voice actors there amateurs. I'm almost positive the bigger names like Egoraptor are going to charge. I dunno I'm sure there are amateurs there too.

As for your opening... kinda choppy. The art stands for improvement but that will come. Do you have experience with flash? I'm no regular artist but I do know of people who think that the right program will make up for their missing talent and this is (probably) never the case (I mean if it were then there would be no point in telling the story). Certainly you won't be doing frame by frame animations with flash but there are a lot of aspect to the program and it's not exactly simple.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 2:03 pm
Location: EST
Gender: None specified

Re: Casting Call For Crossover Fate Of The Multiverse

Postby DisturbedLeader » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:14 am

Lyra wrote:Artists can specialize in more fields than just visual media you know. :/


Yeah I know... I just got confused for a sec...

Imosa wrote:You could look at Newgrounds, probably the biggest hub of flash related things on the internet. Although, I'm not sure if I would consider the voice actors there amateurs. I'm almost positive the bigger names like Egoraptor are going to charge. I dunno I'm sure there are amateurs there too.

As for your opening... kinda choppy. The art stands for improvement but that will come. Do you have experience with flash? I'm no regular artist but I do know of people who think that the right program will make up for their missing talent and this is (probably) never the case (I mean if it were then there would be no point in telling the story). Certainly you won't be doing frame by frame animations with flash but there are a lot of aspect to the program and it's not exactly simple.


I animated it with I movie, I don't have Adobe flash, but I am looking to purchase it when I can afford to do so. But thanks for recommending Newgrounds I'll give it a whirl.
I'm depraved, and really don't care.... Something's wrong...So hard to put my boney finger on
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:22 pm
Location: United States
Gender: None specified

Re: Casting Call For Crossover Fate Of The Multiverse

Postby Mir@k » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:03 am

Imosa wrote:I'm almost positive the bigger names like Egoraptor are going to charge.
When you're not sure about something like this, it's better to either do a proper research or shut up, and i don't mean it in an insulting way. "Big" voice actors like egoraptor, lazymuffin, kirbopher and sexual lobster don't charge a thing for their voice acting unless it's for a commercial product, sexual lobster and rina chan, for instance, are pretty chill people.

The only way to have a "big" voice in your project is to show that it's worth the time of the voice actors, and this actually applies to anybody and not just people that are considered big. After all, you need to consider WHY these people are big in the first place. Your project needs to A) Have a finished storyboard, script or at least a solid idea of where this is going. B) You must have at least a decent level of skill in both artistic prowess, musical composition and/or animating (in other words, you must be able to do everything on your own, someone that's independent of others it's a promising person), it doesn't matter how cool you think your idea is, if your art is crap, it's not worth it (and this is quite fair, if you were serious on a project you'd have the will to prove it).

Without meaning to offend disturbed, he won't get big voices, and Newgrounds is definitely not the place to look for novice/low profile voice actors, i say this from experience.
Image
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter

"Bang and Abscond"
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Casting Call For Crossover Fate Of The Multiverse

Postby Imosa » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:16 pm

Lyra wrote:When you're not sure about something like this, it's better to either do a proper research or shut up, and i don't mean it in an insulting way.
...
Without meaning to offend disturbed, he won't get big voices, and Newgrounds is definitely not the place to look for novice/low profile voice actors, i say this from experience.
Alright. I doubt he would get a big voice actor but I figured there be other people on newgrounds besides big voice actors.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 2:03 pm
Location: EST
Gender: None specified

Re: Casting Call For Crossover Fate Of The Multiverse

Postby Maru » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:36 pm

Hey, Mir changed his avi to Frankenfurter again!

Anyway, I can already tell it'll be shit without a better animator, and it'll get a lot of flack if the animation stays this way.

So get an animator or I refuse to play Tails.
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: Kiyoteru Hiyama
Gender: Male

Re: Casting Call For Crossover Fate Of The Multiverse

Postby DisturbedLeader » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:22 pm

Lyra wrote:
Imosa wrote:I'm almost positive the bigger names like Egoraptor are going to charge.
When you're not sure about something like this, it's better to either do a proper research or shut up, and i don't mean it in an insulting way. "Big" voice actors like egoraptor, lazymuffin, kirbopher and sexual lobster don't charge a thing for their voice acting unless it's for a commercial product, sexual lobster and rina chan, for instance, are pretty chill people.

The only way to have a "big" voice in your project is to show that it's worth the time of the voice actors, and this actually applies to anybody and not just people that are considered big. After all, you need to consider WHY these people are big in the first place. Your project needs to A) Have a finished storyboard, script or at least a solid idea of where this is going. B) You must have at least a decent level of skill in both artistic prowess, musical composition and/or animating (in other words, you must be able to do everything on your own, someone that's independent of others it's a promising person), it doesn't matter how cool you think your idea is, if your art is crap, it's not worth it (and this is quite fair, if you were serious on a project you'd have the will to prove it).

Without meaning to offend disturbed, he won't get big voices, and Newgrounds is definitely not the place to look for novice/low profile voice actors, i say this from experience.


That explains why I haven't got any responses on Newgrounds... I don't have the luxury of Adobe Flash, nor can I currently not afford it. The art's not a problem, I can fix that issue. As for the script? Currently being written...

As for it being worth it? Well seeing as I'm the only nerd alive who carries the range of interests from Western Comic-books to Manga; cartoons to anime; Sci-fi television shows such as Doctor Who, Star Wars, and Star Trek, it's no wonder I'm not getting auditions because it seems that everyone I come across is solely apart of one fandom or another.


maru-shadow wrote:Hey, Mir changed his avi to Frankenfurter again!

Anyway, I can already tell it'll be shit without a better animator, and it'll get a lot of flack if the animation stays this way.

So get an animator or I refuse to play Tails.


I'll be looking to get Flash when I can afford it, until then I'm sticking with Imovie I'll play around with the animation some to improve it though, because even I thought it needed work.
I'm depraved, and really don't care.... Something's wrong...So hard to put my boney finger on
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:22 pm
Location: United States
Gender: None specified

Re: Casting Call For Crossover Fate Of The Multiverse

Postby BeeAre » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:08 pm

see, that's the thing. you are not a unique snowflake (thanks tyler durden). you are not the only nerd alive with far-reaching interests. i love everything you've mentioned in one form or another. plenty of people do.

you aren't special. none of your ideas are new or interesting. this idea? this recruiting idea? it's not very good. It's not well-thought out. I'm telling you this because if you really want to pursue it, you've got to begin right now learning everything about the nature of storytelling before you pursue the practical elements of creating the story.

reading what you've got here does not impress nor inspire me. you are a child with a grand vision that will never get off the ground. i know this because me and most of the people here have had visions like you, and have thought to themselves, HOW WONDERFUL ALL I NEED NOW ARE PEOPLE WITH TALENT! and you never really thought the consequences of that requirement through.

i'm not trying to be mean here, i really am not. i'm trying to help you understand that you should basically scrap most of your idea and boil it down to the raw moments you like and try to forge something original from that basic idea.

basic ideas are the things that stick with you, and the ones you can build up into something that seems similar to your original love that you had as a child like you are now.

you're not going to accomplish this goal. not in its current form. don't tell me i'm being a naysayer and that you'll follow your heart and it will be okay. you're not unique in liking a wide range of things. you just aren't. people follow individual fandoms so they can have focused hobbies that pertain to the topics they like in bursts. plenty of people follow LOTS of fandoms.

i'm seriously trying to reach you from the depths of your enthusiasm. recognize the limits to yourself, and start with the very beginnings of each step in every part of this massive goal. Begin with those small baby steps and learn them intimately so you can engage and begin at every turn.

if you keep applying yourself to those very basic ideas, you will eventually gather the knowledge and experience in dealing with them to load those well-developed basic concepts with more and more layers of knowledge and talent, and after years and years of applying yourself, you will finally be able to use what you've learned to begin the final preparation for arranging yourself into completing the very beginning of a project this big.

i'm not trying to be mean, please understand. but you need a reality check.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5646
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: Casting Call For Crossover Fate Of The Multiverse

Postby DisturbedLeader » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 am

BeeAre wrote:see, that's the thing. you are not a unique snowflake (thanks tyler durden). you are not the only nerd alive with far-reaching interests. i love everything you've mentioned in one form or another. plenty of people do.

you aren't special. none of your ideas are new or interesting. this idea? this recruiting idea? it's not very good. It's not well-thought out. I'm telling you this because if you really want to pursue it, you've got to begin right now learning everything about the nature of storytelling before you pursue the practical elements of creating the story.

reading what you've got here does not impress nor inspire me. you are a child with a grand vision that will never get off the ground. i know this because me and most of the people here have had visions like you, and have thought to themselves, HOW WONDERFUL ALL I NEED NOW ARE PEOPLE WITH TALENT! and you never really thought the consequences of that requirement through.

i'm not trying to be mean here, i really am not. i'm trying to help you understand that you should basically scrap most of your idea and boil it down to the raw moments you like and try to forge something original from that basic idea.

basic ideas are the things that stick with you, and the ones you can build up into something that seems similar to your original love that you had as a child like you are now.

you're not going to accomplish this goal. not in its current form. don't tell me i'm being a naysayer and that you'll follow your heart and it will be okay. you're not unique in liking a wide range of things. you just aren't. people follow individual fandoms so they can have focused hobbies that pertain to the topics they like in bursts. plenty of people follow LOTS of fandoms.

i'm seriously trying to reach you from the depths of your enthusiasm. recognize the limits to yourself, and start with the very beginnings of each step in every part of this massive goal. Begin with those small baby steps and learn them intimately so you can engage and begin at every turn.

if you keep applying yourself to those very basic ideas, you will eventually gather the knowledge and experience in dealing with them to load those well-developed basic concepts with more and more layers of knowledge and talent, and after years and years of applying yourself, you will finally be able to use what you've learned to begin the final preparation for arranging yourself into completing the very beginning of a project this big.

i'm not trying to be mean, please understand. but you need a reality check.


You misunderstand me completely my good sir, I'm not some incompetent novice who's in needs a reality check. I've been writing for over six years, and have gotten knocked on my @$$ numerous times, and have written several of my works. What I displayed was impatience because I'd just like a few people to audition, simple as that...

Yes the animation needs work, yes the premise is cliche, I revel in cliches I've made it my writing territory. I'm also irritated with the fact that no one's willing to understand my limited resources in animation. I didn't come here to bicker about what little you understand about me as a writer... As far as critiques and advice go, I have what I came for.

So please don't waste my time and yours with sh-- I already know, and as far as being a universal nerd, I appreciate the assurity, but really at this point it matters little to me. Again all I sought were auditions. If you're not going to give me that because of a cliche premise then again don't waste my time... Just ask the mods to close this thread.
I'm depraved, and really don't care.... Something's wrong...So hard to put my boney finger on
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:22 pm
Location: United States
Gender: None specified

Re: Casting Call For Crossover Fate Of The Multiverse

Postby Mir@k » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:29 am

You're telling a mod to go ask mods to lock the thread.
Nigga you stupid?
Image
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter

"Bang and Abscond"
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Casting Call For Crossover Fate Of The Multiverse

Postby Maru » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:32 am

Man, if it looks like a Boomer and it sounds like a Poster and it talks like a Mod...

It's a duck.
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: Kiyoteru Hiyama
Gender: Male

Re: Casting Call For Crossover Fate Of The Multiverse

Postby Unlimited » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:42 am

Hey guys, what's happenin-WHOA!!
This thread has one powerful aura!
An aura of self-pride!
An aura of limited creativity!
Even the whole idea is dangerous! Wait, what's this?
*Slice*
OWW!!! The surface on this thing isn't even smooth at all!
This can only end...

...in ashes.
Memento mori
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2879
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:50 pm
Location: The 25th Hour
Gender: None specified

Re: Casting Call For Crossover Fate Of The Multiverse

Postby BeeAre » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:42 pm

DisturbedLeader wrote:
You misunderstand me completely my good sir, I'm not some incompetent novice who's in needs a reality check. I've been writing for over six years, and have gotten knocked on my @$$ numerous times, and have written several of my works. What I displayed was impatience because I'd just like a few people to audition, simple as that...

Yes the animation needs work, yes the premise is cliche, I revel in cliches I've made it my writing territory. I'm also irritated with the fact that no one's willing to understand my limited resources in animation. I didn't come here to bicker about what little you understand about me as a writer... As far as critiques and advice go, I have what I came for.

So please don't waste my time and yours with sh-- I already know, and as far as being a universal nerd, I appreciate the assurity, but really at this point it matters little to me. Again all I sought were auditions. If you're not going to give me that because of a cliche premise then again don't waste my time... Just ask the mods to close this thread.


no, dude, that's the thing. i don't misunderstand you at all. i don't give a shit that you have been writing for six years. I've been writing for twelve. I've literally double the experience you do. You ARE a novice, and you are trying to prove yourself incompetent by not actually dealing with my criticisms, and instead brushing them off. Your impatience is not something simple, as you claim. It is systemic. You are over-enthusiastic and you experience time as a barrier. It is the root of your issues. By telling you to focus on it, I'm making you aware of the fact that your impatience is literally your biggest obstacle, not something to be shrugged off. You ignoring this does not bode well for you in the short term--eventually, of course, you'll figure out i'm right, but you'll suffer in the interim.

I don't mind that you revel in cliché, but you're not understanding that your limited resource is patience, not animation. if you had resources, you could do great things. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS TRUE OF LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE FAN THAT HAS EVER HAD AN IDEA?

And yeah, when you posted here, in the way that you did, you opened yourself up for "bickering", which is actually people smarter than you trying to give you a hint to the inaccuracy of your actions not out of cruelty, but of kindness.

I'm giving you what you NEED, not what you came for, buddy.

So I'm going to "waste your time", because you have a lot of time to waste before you understand what you actually need to do to get any of your projects off the ground. Don't start saying the word shit and then not finish it. Be honest with me: you hate my fucking guts for telling you that you're not amazing or interesting and that your idea isn't just clichée, it's BAD cliché. The faster you can deal with this kind of thorough criticism, the better.

If it matters little to you that your ideas are bad, you are not learning what you need to actually help you advance your goals. You seeking auditions only is symptomatic of the fact that you aren't listening to what Mirak and I are saying, because if you understood really what you need for your project, you wouldn't be asking people yet.

Again: I'm going to waste your time because time passing is a lesson you sorely need to be taught.

And Mirak is right. I am a mod. The fact that I am writing this to you should be a hint that I am not doing this because I think you're a failure, but because I want you to REALLY succeed.

If you don't want to listen to me, instead of making a post arguing with me about this, you can simply ask me in one sentence to close the thread. That will be enough for me and everyone else here who might have PMed you about auditions to understand what you want.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5646
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male


Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Grieffon and 3 guests