New Grim Tales 12/16/11 - The Right Tool

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Grim Tales 12/16/11 - The Right Tool

Postby Numa430 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:38 pm

Funny how its her own birthday during the end of the world..
Under the bed

Re: New Grim Tales 12/16/11 - The Right Tool

Postby BeeAre » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:45 pm

griddles must have used the CN version of Raven exclusively when determining the plot for this with bleedman. :X
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Numa430 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:04 pm

That could be correct, after all. I would betcha that Mimi's mother is gonna pop out of nowhere and kill the golem.
Under the bed

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:08 pm

(this is the earliest I've ever commented on a page :D *is proud*)
- anyways, that eye of HIM's in the 3rd panel seems to be showing his feminine side from the good 'ol days :3
*Castella Sky*
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsuki✩[/color]

Postby Duke of MaskS » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:04 pm

:up:

This.

And I was kinda hoping that the Mom would pop out but as it turns out, I will have to wait for the next page which will probably be coming a lot sooner judging by how fast the other pages of Sugar Bits and PPGD have been uploaded...
MQuinny1234:You're prancing around with V's mask on, I thought you'd be happy with that.

Delia Surridge: You've come to kill me, haven't you?
V: Yes.
Delia Surridge: Thank God.

Oh and please read my first literature post. Feel free to bash me and whatnot...:D
http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50149

Location: In a floating blue planet at space I'd like to call, "Bob"

Postby Imosa » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:33 pm

Duke of MaskS wrote::up:

This.

And I was kinda hoping that the Mom would pop out but as it turns out, I will have to wait for the next page which will probably be coming a lot sooner judging by how fast the other pages of Sugar Bits and PPGD have been uploaded...
I fail to see your logic here. Why does other comic pages coming out indicate that GT pages will come out faster. I thought that since Grids was absent Bleedman took the opportunity to write some pages for his other comics. Since it seems there is a new temporary editor the previous rate of GT pages may return.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:26 pm

Did anyone read that 3rd panel as...slightly creepy. I have the feeling there's some history in that line.

What happened to Raven in the 2nd season, I forget exactly, would he be refering to that?

Anyway, I liked the "go to hell" line.

Shame about Mimi though.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Wallow Blacklake » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:27 pm

PP-Grim1013 wrote:(this is the earliest I've ever commented on a page :D *is proud*)
- anyways, that eye of HIM's in the 3rd panel seems to be showing his feminine side from the good 'ol days :3

Agreed.
I think it would take about two pages for mimi's mother to make an enterence.
One with a silhouette shot of her doing something badass and the other with a dramatic unveiling, kind of like what bleedman did with Raven's hood when she first appeared.
"What's the point in caring when all it brings is pain?"
Stan Marsh, South Park.

My account. Please check it out: http://wallowblacklake.deviantart.com/

Postby Imosa » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:30 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:Did anyone read that 3rd panel as...slightly creepy. I have the feeling there's some history in that line.

What happened to Raven in the 2nd season, I forget exactly, would he be refering to that?

Anyway, I liked the "go to hell" line.

Shame about Mimi though.
Raven's dad was going to use Raven as a portal to get into this dimension.

Postby Biostar » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:29 pm

Ooh, he went there. That was not a favorable memory for Raven. I foresee epic curbstomp of Golem by Mimi's mom next page.

BeeAre wrote:griddles must have used the CN version of Raven exclusively when determining the plot for this with bleedman. :X

That universe is probably the most well known version by the mainstream. Also it keeps in-line with the whole CN cartoon theme he usually goes with.

Postby Silver Mane » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:14 pm

I'm just think out of the box for a moment, if he just wanted Mimi as a tool, wouldn't you think he'd have more children other than just having Mimi? Just a random thought. Any ideas?
Hi there I'm a writer and an artist in the making! Have a look at my DA at: http://edith-silver-annalyn.deviantart.com/

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:51 pm

Well, it's entirely possible that he can either only have so many children at certain times, successfully breed with certain people or breed under certain circumstances or his kids can only be born or transport into the real world sometimes or he just doesn't want kids as they could have advantages over him that other beings wouldn't or overthrow him somehow. Otherwise he'd just mate with a whole bunch of random people and have an army of super-powered demonic children in a matter of years.

Also, that's interesting Imosa as it makes me wonder what purpose he had Mimi in order for. It can't just be to be generically useful. Could be as I suggested, he only had one chance but I don't think so.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Imosa » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:45 am

Silver Mane wrote:I'm just think out of the box for a moment, if he just wanted Mimi as a tool, wouldn't you think he'd have more children other than just having Mimi? Just a random thought. Any ideas?
Why do you think he needs more then one. Mimi probably serves a special role, otherwise he wouldn't bother getting her. Maybe he only needs one of her. Incidentally, her being related to her could be completely separate to her being useful to him. He may have just been having sex and a few years later thought, "hmm, ya know who I could pick up to take care of this"?

I think the following is still a good theory. He took his own child and hardened her with torture to steal horror's hand so he could claim power. With Mimi having been shown such horrible things she would be more imune to the horrors of horror's hand. Something like that.

Postby Silver Mane » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:08 am

Imosa wrote:
Silver Mane wrote:I'm just think out of the box for a moment, if he just wanted Mimi as a tool, wouldn't you think he'd have more children other than just having Mimi? Just a random thought. Any ideas?
Why do you think he needs more then one. Mimi probably serves a special role, otherwise he wouldn't bother getting her. Maybe he only needs one of her. Incidentally, her being related to her could be completely separate to her being useful to him. He may have just been having sex and a few years later thought, "hmm, ya know who I could pick up to take care of this"?

I think the following is still a good theory. He took his own child and hardened her with torture to steal horror's hand so he could claim power. With Mimi having been shown such horrible things she would be more imune to the horrors of horror's hand. Something like that.

Eh, was a random thought. MQ does have a very good theory but I would have thought he'd more than one, (or try to have more than one) should one fails to retrieve the hand, he sends another, so on. Tools. MQ does make sense that he could only breed with certain people, or breed under certain circumstance and/or have certain amount of children. otherwise I do think there'll be more than just Mimi, but there you go. :unsure:
Hi there I'm a writer and an artist in the making! Have a look at my DA at: http://edith-silver-annalyn.deviantart.com/

Postby Biostar » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:59 am

How do we know Him had Mimi only to retrieve the Hand? I pretty much figured it was to have a powerful tool he could dispense on missions anytime he wanted. His recent interest in the Hand seemed to have come after losing his claw.

Postby Kihmiitehra » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:26 am

Maybe Hoss will scoop Raven out of the way and Mimi's mom will destroy the golem. And Him said that he was just looking for a replacement for his claw, and he apparently wanted a powerful, useful replacement.

Oh! Who will catch Mimi if Raven gets smushed or distracted?
"Kumi" for short! ^__^

If you can't tell by my avi, I'm actually female. :3

Please be gentle, I am thin-skinned >_<

Postby Imosa » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:56 am

Biostar123 wrote:How do we know Him had Mimi only to retrieve the Hand? I pretty much figured it was to have a powerful tool he could dispense on missions anytime he wanted. His recent interest in the Hand seemed to have come after losing his claw.
Right, something like that. Hell maybe Him is just one of those monogamous demons. After all being evil is one thing but when you fuck with love, you've gone too far.

Postby Silver Mane » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:37 pm

@Imosa

I had to look up monogamous demons, never heard of it before hand....got weird results in the end....
o.O

BUT from what I got was; I really don't think HIM could be committed that way to a person. :eek:
Don't think that would be his style if you know what I mean. If he is a monogamous demon (from what I found out; that both demon and human or whatever would have made a commitment to one another only and that would last a life time and beyond.) I just found this out, so please correct me if anything....

Anyhow I really wanna see his interaction with Mimi's mama when she shows up. I still think it's one of the PPGs (I think Bubbles, as I stated before.) but I'm not sure.... :unsure:
Last edited by BeeAre on Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby imaninjer » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:14 pm

But that begs the question, doesn't it?

What IS her mother? Human, demon, other, spawn of buttercup?!
When life hands me lemons, I wait for the apples and ribeyes to have a good old fashioned hoe-down!
"Writing is an accepted form of schitzofrenia"- E.L. Doctorow
"An eye for an eye leaves the world blind" -ghandi, the biggest badass of them all

Postby BeeAre » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:42 pm

imaninjer wrote:But that begs the question, doesn't it?

What IS her mother? Human, demon, other, spawn of buttercup?!

i think that literally it was mentioned in the comic that you would see soon--rather than merely speculate on the conditions, try applying those conditions to the circumstances already confirmed and see whether or not they apply to mimi.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
BR

Postby BlazingBarrager » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:26 am

Unfortunately, too many people are more concerned with the "now" instead of the "later." LOL

Location: That little place in your head you don't know about.

Postby Lunatic Cyco » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:38 am

Numa Katzroy wrote:http://grim.snafu-comics.com/comics/111216_grim.jpg

Funny how its her own birthday during the end of the world..

Aw man, my birthday was in December 17... Missed it by one day... Oh well :\

(Joking Manner)
I will consider the page to be an early birthday gift :D

Too bad it passed already... (-_- )
Last edited by BeeAre on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no need to quote the image again, not really commenting on its content, just its existence in relation to your birthday.
http://aldo0117.deviantart.com/
I'm looking for people willing to help me with my Art and stories. If you are interested then visit my DeviantArt and message me :) I don't visit this profile much but if you message me through here ill check on occasion.

Project Evolution
Aldo 0117 Xbox live

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:48 pm

Lunatic Cyco wrote:
Numa Katzroy wrote:Funny how its her own birthday during the end of the world..

(Joking Manner)

It is possible to quote just the words from a past post... If everybody quotes that pic, the thread would be very cluttered (I only say this because a mod has told me the same thing in the past)
*Castella Sky*
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsuki✩[/color]

Postby BeeAre » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:49 pm

PP-Grim1013 wrote:
Lunatic Cyco wrote:
Numa Katzroy wrote:Funny how its her own birthday during the end of the world..

(Joking Manner)

It is possible to quote just the words from a past post... If everybody quotes that pic, the thread would be very cluttered (I only say this because a mod has told me the same thing in the past)

hi! less backseat modding! thanks! don't need to respond to this post either!

Happy Birthday "Lunatic Cyco".
BR

Postby Lunatic Cyco » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:52 pm

PP-Grim1013 wrote:It is possible to quote just the words from a past post... If everybody quotes that pic, the thread would be very cluttered (I only say this because a mod has told me the same thing in the past)

True... I know how to do it... just didn't thought about it... But I have to learn how to use "Quote" confuses me from all the others.

... Actually, while typing down this post, I learned how to use it. But thanks for the Info, i'll try not to do the same mistake again.

BeeAre wrote:hi! less backseat modding! thanks! don't need to respond to this post either!

Happy Birthday "Lunatic Cyco".

I don't have to... But I do have to pay my respects... And besides I like to reply to posts.

But Thank you BeeAre, much appreciated.

What I am actually thinking of is if Hoss is already dead (Which I'm pretty sure of) or he will wake up and... well who knows... shoot the monster, distract it or something?
http://aldo0117.deviantart.com/
I'm looking for people willing to help me with my Art and stories. If you are interested then visit my DeviantArt and message me :) I don't visit this profile much but if you message me through here ill check on occasion.

Project Evolution
Aldo 0117 Xbox live

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)