werewolves and what you know about them (welcome thread?)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

werewolves and what you know about them (welcome thread?)

Postby soleil » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:55 pm

:D i like everything about them like their resistance to most diseases,Or having an entire boneframe made of silver, I think thats why silver affects them in scientific way, It's like od ing for them or silver being holy metal or something. and why in movies do they always use the idea that werewolves look like people with the wolfman disease or giant wolves, even though lycanthrope is considered as a disease and why people may have thought of them being that due to all the hair, and one rumor i think says that giant wolves blessed people with the power to transform to hunt so they took the form of thoose wolves or something . And should their be a comic based on werewolves?

Re: werewolves and what you know about them

Postby Bk-o » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:35 pm

.....what?

I this a video game I haven't heard of? I think I need to go burn every copy I find.
I fight Muppets with tactility inhibitions on a regular basis.

Postby EagleMan » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:19 am

Well, I'm going to have to contact my friend who is currently writing his dissertation on werewolves. He'd be your go-to werewolf expert for anything you need to know about them.

Are there any other questions you had about them?

Postby soleil » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:12 pm

okay cuz thats my favorite thing in supernatural creatures,and the game was call werewolf:the apocalypse it had a cool back story but lame graphics i dont know if they sold them at all in stores,it was based on the ancient werewolf tribe called garou or somthin

Postby soleil » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:38 pm

and on wikipedea about A Garou born in human form is called a homid a Garou born in wolf form is called a lupus, The breed or species of the mother determines the breed of the Garou but A Garou born from two Garou parents is called a Metis and is invariably deformed as a result of this inbreeding. As well as completely sterile but , Metis have Gifts and great advantages exclusive to their breed, including the ability to regenerate in all their many forms like lupus, homid, glabro, crinos, or hispo like on twilight which i think is a little fake also they have
and a deeper understanding of Garou society owing to their pre-change life exclusively amongst the Garou. Once pariahs in Garou society, trying times have led to the partial integration of the Metis breed into the ranks of the Garou. A werewolf's breed determines to some extent their Gnosis, or spiritual awareness Lupus Garou being more in tune with the primal spirit world than Homids, and Metis Garou being in between.

Postby soleil » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:48 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werewolf:_The_Apocalypse
follow this link for more and i remember an ed, edd and eddy comic on werewolves

Postby Sable » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:07 pm

Holy f-

Kid, please learn to make your posts more decent looking so people are more inclined to read them.
RacialslurX2

Postby Wulfespinndel » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:02 pm

I thought he was talking about Skyrim for a second.
"Declare the past, diagnose the present, foretell the future; practice these acts. As to diseases, make a habit of two things — to help, or at least to do no harm."
-Hippocrates

KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
No. of Combat Arms Unbelievables: 3
Live by the Sword die by the Sword

Postby Maru » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:13 pm

....Th'hell? o.o

Wait, so... You're into werewolves...

Welcome thread?
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Mental Clue Bullets

Postby Sable » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:25 pm

Not in fucking Clan Snafu.
RacialslurX2

Re: werewolves and what you know about them (welcome thread?)

Postby BeeAre » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:34 pm

uh. i'm just going to move this to the bleed forum. it's a welcome thread now. i guess.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Duke of MaskS » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:41 am

Can I ask a question too? Well it always have bothered me that why is it that when we talk about the Werewolves, their immediate arch enemy are the Vampires. I mean besides the bloodsucking, sparkling or burning in sunlight minions of the dark, Does the Werewolves have any other natural enemies?
MQuinny1234:You're prancing around with V's mask on, I thought you'd be happy with that.

Delia Surridge: You've come to kill me, haven't you?
V: Yes.
Delia Surridge: Thank God.

Oh and please read my first literature post. Feel free to bash me and whatnot...:D
http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50149

Location: In a floating blue planet at space I'd like to call, "Bob"

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:52 am

Duke of MaskS wrote:Can I ask a question too? Well it always have bothered me that why is it that when we talk about the Werewolves, their immediate arch enemy are the Vampires. I mean besides the bloodsucking, sparkling or burning in sunlight minions of the dark, Does the Werewolves have any other natural enemies?

Well, if you want to get a little flip, since traditionally, in addition to silver, werewolves are deathy allegic to red roses, you could imagine that any decent florist or gardener could pose a threat (especially a gardener, werewolves are supposed to also have a problem with Aconitum a.k.a. wolfsbane) Some stories also have added a few creative opponents, such as were-wolfhounds (humans who can turn into wolf hunting dogs). Certain saints would also pose a problem, especially St. Hubert, the patron saint of amongst other things, monster hunters (weaponry blessed at his shrine was usually considered more effacacios to killing werewolves than silver. In Terry Prachett's Discworld, it is also mentioned that regular wolves hate werewolves as much as people do, for more or less the same reason, and they tend to get a bit more physical in thier dissaproval.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Duke of MaskS » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:16 am

Woah, thanks now I got a lot of input about werewolves. Thanks again... :)
MQuinny1234:You're prancing around with V's mask on, I thought you'd be happy with that.

Oh and please read my first literature post. Feel free to bash me and whatnot...:D

Postby Saint Soul » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:11 pm

i liked werewolves and vampires. then Twilight happened.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Wulfespinndel » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:51 pm

Soulchild wrote:i liked werewolves and vampires. then Twilight happened.
"Declare the past, diagnose the present, foretell the future; practice these acts. As to diseases, make a habit of two things — to help, or at least to do no harm."
-Hippocrates

Postby Maru » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:24 am

My friend and I used to pretend we were vamps and wolves. He used to always get mad when I called him a messy eater, too.
My DA
Mental Clue Bullets

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:34 am

That is so funny. It's even funnier If he's the wolf, which I have no doubt he was.
-Hippocrates

Postby Maru » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:44 am

Congratulations!
My DA
Mental Clue Bullets

Postby Duke of MaskS » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:02 pm

Why? What's wrong with twilight? I mean it's not that bad and all and I think for a story it's pretty plain. But I've been hearing and reading a lot about people hating it and saying the exact same thing over and over.

So, what's the deal anyway? I've watched it and it's not bad...

Postby Maru » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:36 pm

Maybe it's because so many people love it so much that they want to shove it upon others. For instance, another friend of mine hates Fruits Basket because a girl he rode the bus with would NOT shut up about it.
My DA
Mental Clue Bullets

Postby Imosa » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:20 pm

Duke of MaskS wrote:

Why? What's wrong with twilight? I mean it's not that bad and all and I think for a story it's pretty plain. But I've been hearing and reading a lot about people hating it and saying the exact same thing over and over.

So, what's the deal anyway? I've watched it and it's not bad...
Well I actually watched the first 3 movies over the past 3 days and my big issue is that Bella Swan is so hard to identify with. I've met fragile people but Bella is just a caricature of teenage angst. If anyone watches this movie and thinks to themselves "Yes, I identify with Bella. I see the issues in her life and believe they reflect my own" then you have bigger issues. I mean Bella has a great father, friends who are interested in her, those wolf tribe guys who are all total bros (I'm not saying hook up with Jacob, but those are nice people to be with), and she seems to reject all of it for for her highschool boyfriend. Everyone has problems in the teenage years but you come out of it a stronger person. Highschool will not be the end of your life. That's the thing though, high school isn't the end of your life... unless your Bella who intends to end her life (figuratively) soon after high school. What the hell. Yes being an immortal 18-year-old, is probably awesome, but your only reason for doing so is so you can be with your high school sweetheart for the rest of eternity. Highschool relationships are so insignificant in the grand scheme of things. There is so much more to life that your turning your back on in favor of this stagnant existence as an adolescent.
That's just my rant on her character, and I didn't even go so much into how this reflects on the viewer. Bella's actor is also horrible because she only has one facial expression. There are a number of criticisms on the actual movie that I don't know.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:37 pm

maru-shadow wrote:Maybe it's because so many people love it so much that they want to shove it upon others. For instance, another friend of mine hates Fruits Basket because a girl he rode the bus with would NOT shut up about it.

Oh yeah, those anime freaks. I had to deal with one that was talking about To Aru Majutsu no Index for like an hour or so, and another one for Soul Eater and possibly D. Gray Man.
-Hippocrates

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)