New: Grim Tales - Older and Wiser (10-09-11)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New: Grim Tales - Older and Wiser (10-09-11)

Postby GridsNaranek » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:23 pm

Here's a hint for a future happening:

Experts alert romantic

Take it how you will...
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby AuraVamp » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:12 pm

I got nothin...
Unless each of these words relate to different idividuals. But even then I can only throw out random ideas of who each person is represented by.

On the other hand, the next page could be about two experts (which fits everyone on the page) being alerted to the big bad, and having a final romantic moment. (which limits who the page could be about immenesly).

After sitting with this reply on the page for a good ten minutes I'm going to put my chips on the table and say that the traitors are Kiva and Jamie having turned evil (Or maybe the evil counterparts to them?) Using Megas to cause unlimited destruction.

On a completely different note, I propose a different reason for the look on Mandy's face: From my understanding good wine should not be the color of whatever wine is being poured into her goblet. Pain is going to occur soon.
Sugarbits, I salute you and prepare the 21 gun, 3-volley salute for the time quick approaching of your death.

Postby SgtWaffles » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:26 pm

I registered just to say this:

This along with the previous page has completely and utterly ruined PPGD for me.

The reason is twofold:
- Ruins the ending of PPGD. Sure it doesn't tell you exactly what happened, but for me doesn't have to. Shows the outcome of the story.
- The ending of PPGD is extremely sad (everything going to sh!t and lots of main heroes dying). I thought that it would at least have a decently happy ending, as it seemed to me to be more of a happy comic than GT and SB, I figured it would be a contrast to them. Knowing that the ending will be unhappy pretty much ruins the point of reading more (for me, at least) because there is no hope that things will go well. Its just a matter of in what way things go to sh!t. This is a really big let down for me.

I wish the ending of PPGD had been left out. Now I've got just two comics (GT, SB) to read. PPGD is just... ruined for me. Unless there's some sort of future page that clashes against the current page and gives hope again for a different ending, PPGD is just... yeah. Ruined.

I may be wrong, I may be looking at it differently, but that's just how I feel right now.

Side note: I'm not sayin' that the two pages are bad at all. They're actually very well done (like most of SB, GT, and PPGD), I just wish they hadn't been done like they were (and most of all, that PPGD didn't have such a sad ending).

EDIT: While we're bettin' on who was the traitor, I'd have to say Mandy is the obvious choice - but not the right one. Just how the page is done makes it point REALLY heavily to her (she was left out of the main picture of heroes, no?). What backs it up is - unlike many of the other potential traitors - she had both the personality AND the capabilities to do something as large scale as ruining Megaville and (assumedly) killing off the heroes. As for motive, there's years of stuff that happened in Megaville that we don't know, so I don't think we can guess in terms of motives for any potential traitor. There's just too much unknown history, any character could develop motive or lose motive depending on what happened between its destruction and where PPGD is at right now. However, that being said, it almost definately won't be her. Why? Too easy. Makes for a predictable story. If you DO have it be Mandy, everyone expects it so it's boring. But if you DON'T have it be Mandy, you both have to explain why it WASN'T her and why it WAS someone else - makes for a doubly interesting story. :D :D
Last edited by SgtWaffles on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GridsNaranek » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:38 pm

The current plot of PPGD may easily end without any bearing on what then happens 20 years down the line.

They're both happy co-existing a generation apart from each other.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby BeeAre » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:42 pm

Grids wrote:The current plot of PPGD may easily end without any bearing on what then happens 20 years down the line.

They're both happy co-existing a generation apart from each other.

also they're in alternate realities where the bad guys win in PpGD.

*smacks the shit out of Griddles*

stop stepping on my fuckin' turf, dilweed.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby GridsNaranek » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:43 pm

The bad guys in PPGD are not the bad guys in GT. Again, there's a generation of difference.

Oh, and remember - Experts alert romantic

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby BeeAre » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:45 pm

Grids wrote:The bad guys in PPGD are not the bad guys in GT. Again, there's a generation of difference.

Oh, and remember - Experts alert romantic

also alternate realities, dilweed.

don't make me lose readers.

Hey Waffles, I'm the PpGD Writer, and I will nix any major crossovers right the fuck now with this little sequence.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
BR

Postby GridsNaranek » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:48 pm

I look forward to the 20 years later in your version then, BeeAre. I'm just saying that for every reason it might not be the same reality, there's a reason it could be. It's up to the viewer to decide.

Meantime, demons and traitors and cosmic abominations and wheelchair girls oh my!

Also - Experts alert romantic - crack the code, people. I know you can do it.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby BeeAre » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:49 pm

no it isn't: i'm saying it isn't, so it isn't. you don't get to decide the fate of two comics. you get your pretty little alternate bad future reality, now leave my good-end reality alone.
BR

Postby SgtWaffles » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:52 pm

OHHHHHHHHH. Alright then. Thanks for clearing that up for me! :D Completely did not realize that they were different realities. Now I can read PPGD in the peace of mind that I have no idea what the ending is and that it may indeed be a happy one. :D :D

As for the traitor question, that heavily affects my view of Mandy in PPGD then. Why? Because Mandy could have turned out the way she did in GT because of the way things went down in Megaville (ie. badly). Basically, one must question if Mandy was initially that evil (so she is indeed as evil in PPGD as in GT) or ended up being that evil because of what happened (and so may not be as evil in PPGD as in GT). Hopefully you understand what I mean, its hard to put into words.

Also, out of curiousity, who are the writers for GT, SB and PPGD?
Last edited by SgtWaffles on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby BeeAre » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:53 pm

SgtWaffles wrote:OHHHHHHHHH. Alright then. Thanks for clearing that up for me! :D Completely did not realize that they were different realities. Now I can read PPGD in the peace of mind that I have no idea what the ending is and that it may indeed be a happy one. :D :D

Waaaaaiiittt.... That heavily affects my view of Mandy in PPGD then. Why? Because Mandy could have turned out the way she did in GT because of the way things went down in Megaville (ie. badly). Basically, one must question if Mandy was initially that evil (so she is indeed as evil in PPGD as in GT) or ended up being that evil because of what happened (and so may not be as evil in PPGD as in GT). Hopefully you understand what I mean, its hard to put into words.

Also, out of curiousity, who are the writers for GT, SB and PPGD?

I'm PpGD. Griddles is GT.

SB is Dmajorboss. http://dmajorboss.deviantart.com he just got a cancer so SB's updates have been slow, and since Bleed really wants to work on them, both PpGD and GT have been slow, but since it's been so long since he's worked on GT, he's excited to do it too.

He did tell me though that we should be updating this week.

With regards to Mandy: She's up in the air right now, sitting on the edge of the abyss of absolute moral implosion with the power to distort reality around her in ways so evil that she seduces Death, etc, etc, etc, and also just being a dark little girl.
BR

Postby GridsNaranek » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:54 pm

I'm sure PPGD will resolve everything in the near future.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby BeeAre » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:55 pm

That is correct, Griddles! Jim Carrey's eloquence is boundless.

And I am sure that once Mimi's entire comic is done, Afterbirth will be on a similar schedule with the resolutions of PpGD. Heck, even sooner!
BR

Postby SgtWaffles » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:59 pm

@BeeAre: Huh, interesting. Originally thought it was one writer for all the comics, though now that I think about it the differing styles are slightly evident.

Postby BeeAre » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:02 am

SgtWaffles wrote:@BeeAre: Huh, interesting. Originally thought it was one writer for all the comics, though now that I think about it the differing styles are slightly evident.

Thank God for that! More personality per comic is definitely a good thing.
BR

Postby SgtWaffles » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:05 am

How much of what happened so far in PPGD happened in GT's edition of PPGD?

Postby BeeAre » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:07 am

SgtWaffles wrote:How much of what happened so far in PPGD happened in GT's edition of PPGD?

Honestly? Not much. XJ-10 almost became a cameo just now in PpGD, but Bleedman decided that she shouldn't show up yet, which I agree with. It was too hard to justify XJ-10 showing up without immediately attempting to save XJ-9, as her "little-big" sister.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is why she is on this GT page, structurally speaking. Story-wise, justifiable however you like, but more applicable to the tastes of the artist.
BR

Postby superjp164 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:09 am

"Experts alert romantic" hmm...nope can come up with anything, can somebody help me out here on cracking this code :?: :?

Postby BeeAre » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:10 am

superjp164 wrote:"Experts alert romantic" hmm...nope can come up with anything, can somebody help me out here on cracking this code :?: :?

Something to do with the love triangle in PpGD or a previously unexplored angle of a potential love triangle. That's all I can give you; not for a lack of trying. :P
BR

Postby superjp164 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:13 am

Ooh now i get it :idea:

Postby SgtWaffles » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:16 am

Oh, before I forget. You guys (BeeAre, Griddles) may want to consider chucking a disclaimer somewhere that PPGD and GT are two seperate realities, because some readers might get the wrong idea like I did. I mean, if I didn't post here I never would have known and probably would have not enjoyed PPGD anymore (I detest knowing the ending of anything. Mysterious hints are fine, but knowing the full out ending just ruins the experience.) As for where, I would suggest somewhere on the comic page - alot of readers probably don't venture into the forums so they might not see it if it was in the forums.

Oh and as for the mysteriooussss code.... No idea.

Postby BeeAre » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:22 am

YEEAHHH what do you say Griddles? want to put a DISCLAIMER into GT? that's where it would make the MOST SENSE, after all
BR

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:57 am

Grids wrote:We hope to have the next page for you in under a week, but as of right now, SB's due to update next.

/Spit take/

Hmm, my night just got better.

Also, I think Griddles are cool, so I'll try to crack this quick before I log for the night.

Experts alert romantic... First, let's try anagrams.
pretext a slant erro mic
Expect lots in a Mr. Terra
In a more excerpt start L
...Well that got nowhere fast.

Checking a thesaurus for similar words... Nah. Although I do like the redefining "professional ready loving" for Blossom.

The only other thing I can think of is that the initials are E.A.R. So I'm going to say that this isn't a word puzzle, so it's out of my league.
Last edited by Innocence Abandoned on Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby iLuvWMGs » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:52 am

Lemme try.
Hmm. a final kiss between Hansel and Bo?
Some colors simply cannot be seen without seeing the color of pain first
dA username iLuvWMGs (kinda like my online handle now). Pretty dead but hey, I will get on it soon

Postby MeteoraAngel » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:48 am

Wow the little back and forth between griddle and BeeAre just had me thinking cat fight =o very nice use of "Alrighty then!" =) I would try to figure out the above hint but im so not awake it isnt even funny. Only up now cuz of a nightmare n figured id hop on here to kill some time.
As for the comics i didnt really think they had to be the same universe when i started reading years ago. I figured they were two seperate stored n so two seperate universes. So the possibility of them being the same just different parts of the timeline seemed cool =o But if grids is saying decide for yourself and Bee is say hell no there different imma just stick with thinking there different =o i dun wanna get bitch slapped by Bee
All shall be crushed by my undead Emu army!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)