New Invader Zim MD:"hand of vengeance" 7/22/2014

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Invader Zim MD:"hand of vengeance" 7/22/2014

Postby Havoc » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:06 am

All-in-all not a bad page. I'm just gonna go ahead and post it here.

Also it took Gir four years to land. That's some impressive hang-time.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Re: New Invader Zim MD:"hand of vengeance" 7/22/2014

Postby athdlg » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:19 am

Well gosh, darn, golly. Another page with actual content in the story. Color me surprised and Happy ( HAHA, GET IT? It's not that funny... )

I'm assuming that NEK is going to be the new editor with Bleedman as the current writer for this comic now. I don't mind if I see what I like, it's been a while so I don't think I can complain so far. I feel like there are one or two weird things, at least in my opinion, to this page. I don't think that Gaz would mention about her and Dib's father having no time for them, just that he would fix it and not seeing the console in the page "Gaz" made me think she got rid of it.

But now I'm just being picky. I really like the page though despite my dumb, small, rant. I peaks my interest!
Forever Noob

Postby Sigment » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:26 am

Okay, I'm officially interested in this revival (not a reboot, thank God (so it seems, anyway)). Okay, well, nothing for me to do but patiently await the next page.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:31 am

Looks like first impressions are good. But I still remain skeptic about this comic's quality in the long-run. I do wonder if this comic will go back on hiatus once BR gets to feeling better and PPGD continues. I mean, Bleeds doing like five comics right now.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby athdlg » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:38 am

Yeah, five comics are a lot. Unless the chapter soon ends in Skull-Boy and the original artist continues his work again. I really would like this to continue, at least to see where the story will take people.
Forever Noob

Postby Havoc » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:43 am

I have to wonder if Bleed's still going off of Happy's original story ideas (Happy is the one that originally made this comic), or if he has something of his own.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby athdlg » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:48 am

Do you think that Happy gave Bleed her original story ideas in the first place? It seems more difficult to try and go off of someone else's ideas and try to 'live up to it' (even though there wasn't really much to live up to so far) rather than make a story of yours.
Forever Noob

Postby Havoc » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:55 am

I assume she would have told him it when she handed the comic over to him four years ago. It's hard to say, though. Does anyone know what the original plot was? Like did Happy post it anywhere?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:58 am

Havoc wrote:But I still remain skeptic about this comic's quality in the long-run. I do wonder if this comic will go back on hiatus once BR gets to feeling better and PPGD continues. I mean, Bleeds doing like five comics right now.

Yea...mixed feelings about this starting up again. I looked over at his DA and saw this announcement, so it would seem that it's here to stay, for now at least. Also can't help but wonder why this page wasn't put up instead of the line-art one....
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJ » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:02 am

I'm sorry, I can't get excited or intrigued that a new page is here, I'm really fucking pissed off right now. Why? Well, where should I start. You have NEK, the King of all fuck ups, editing Grim Tales AND Sugar Bits AND now Invader Zim: Manifest Doom, and considering his track record, I trust him as much as a dog turd that's been left out for a decade. No, I will not give him the benefit of the doubt, the bastard had his chance, he blew it, this comic will most likely suck, especially with Bleed and NEK taking the helm.

I mean, Bleed ruined SB, is ruining GT, and the only reason PPGD is still somewhat interesting is because BeeAre is doing his best to keep it afloat. I'm amazed he's able to do that considering Bleed's fuck up record. That's another thing, why does one of Bleed's comics, PPGD, have one editor, BeeAre, but now three of his comics, SB, GT, and IZ:MD, have only one editor, NEK? Can he not find more people? Can he not get BeeAre to take a comic? I'm not saying it's BeeAre's fault, but if he can't find another editor, he can't ask BeeAre to help him a bit? Knowing BeeAre, I know he'd be glad to do it (at least I think I would, I'm sorry if I'm assuming here BR, you're a good guy) but still, he can't find more editors either? It's bull shit, plain and simple.

When I think about it though, it's not surprising that it'd be hard to find some one to work with Bleed in the first place considering he's a huge giant douche to begin with. I congratulate BR for putting up with him, I honestly don't know how he does it, and we've seen NEK pretty much kiss Bleed's ass through all his shitty decisions.

Finally, where is Happy, the creator of this story? From what I've heard, she started this, pharmacy? school got in the way, she handed it to Bleed to take over so she can concentrate on school, but it's been years now, so is she still in school or does she have a full time job where she just can't focus on the comic and has moved on? So many questions, my blood's boiling more than it should, I'm stopping it here, good night everyone.

Edit: Paragraphs for easier reading of my displeasure
Last edited by ULTRADJ on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby Havoc » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:11 am

Cerulean wrote:
Havoc wrote:But I still remain skeptic about this comic's quality in the long-run. I do wonder if this comic will go back on hiatus once BR gets to feeling better and PPGD continues. I mean, Bleeds doing like five comics right now.

Yea...mixed feelings about this starting up again. I looked over at his DA and saw this announcement, so it would seem that it's here to stay, for now at least. Also can't help but wonder why this page wasn't put up instead of the line-art one....

So he colored the page? I don't see any the announcement you were talking about. There's no guarantee that Bleed will follow through on this. I'm trying to be optimistic here, but GT and SB lackluster content still weighs heavily on my mind.

@ULTRADJ: I recommend that if you're going to make a large post like that, at least break it up into several paragraphs, so its easier to read.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cerulean » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:19 am

The picture is called "Return of Doom", so I took that as his announcing the continuation of the comic. That and the comment under the page

NEK: So...watched the whole first season of Invader Zim for this, on the second season now. I'm gonna love this ;)

Admittedly it's not a guarantee that this will be long term, but it's something I guess.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby OrangeBee » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:28 am

Have to say, it's not a bad page really.

Kinda wonderin' what might happen next.
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby athdlg » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:42 am

Havoc wrote:I assume she would have told him it when she handed the comic over to him four years ago. It's hard to say, though. Does anyone know what the original plot was? Like did Happy post it anywhere?

I searched as much as I could for you to find the answers you seek. I searched what Happy could have said about her plot and Happy in general. Googled seven pages of Happy's username for the DA they used for their Invader ZIM fanart and concept art.

Happy never made a post on here besides with the Invader ZIM pages. Only thing that I really came up with is that Happy is about 28 years old by now, they were planning on adding a lot of Irken Invaders from DA to her story as a part of the Irken army, and that they had two more DA accounts used for other fanart they did besides Invader ZIM.

That's about all I could find or see--useless information but yeah.
Forever Noob

Postby Exodis » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:58 am

Well look at that, the comic that got me to Snafu is back!
The Kid

Postby ari-6 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:11 am

Well...... I have absolutely no optimism for this what so ever. Once the story is driven into the dirt it will never update again.

Also, I not the only one who thought Gaz sounded out of character am I?
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby OrangeBee » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:31 am

ari-6 wrote:Well...... I have absolutely no optimism for this what so ever. Once the story is driven into the dirt it will never update again.

Also, I not the only one who thought Gaz sounded out of character am I?

I've never really watched the show but from the few episodes I did watch this Gaz sounds a bit darker
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby athdlg » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:50 am

ari-6 wrote:Also, I not the only one who thought Gaz sounded out of character am I?

Yeah, you're not the only one. I thought she would be...more threatening, talk less about each other and possibly continue to ramble about her game and how brutal she would make Dib's death rather than talk of their dad, how she didn't care much for him, and how hard she worked on her game. Something along those lines.

I imagine her eye would be popping out in a struggle, as well as her tone as her arm would shake in attempt to restrain herself from pulling the trigger long enough to think of a much more suitable punishment for her brother.
Forever Noob

Postby ari-6 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:20 am

Exactly! She was never calm when she was angry! She isn't the typical emotionless girl which seem to be the default for angry in all of these comics. And in the entire series she never once complained about her Dad or how he didn't love her enough. That just makes her sound emo. I watched an episode just yesterday where she said "All I want is to eat pizza and hang out with Dad" Already the writer is showing that his character interpretation is way off which is hilarious considering he "watched all of season 1" I am honestly inclined to believe he had never watched the show before then. I am seriously worried to see what kind of mess he will make of Tak considering he has only had one episode to base her off and probably doesn't think about it much.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby athdlg » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:31 am

I can't stop remembering all those eye popping moments, literally. I kind of want Gaz to be drawn with her eyes looking like they're closed, because when she opened them, that's when she showed most of her emotions. As her eyes sparkle when she wants something such as pizza or her game, one eye opening in irritation, one eyes popping open as if it's going to fall out in rage. As if she doesn't already seem like she's going to kill every last human being on that planet Earth already.
Forever Noob

Postby ari-6 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:34 am

Also "So loudly"? I can understand if english was not their first language but one of an editors jobs is to make sure the grammar is correct.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:17 am

I'm still a little gunshy from when the comic was suddenly dropped before, so I'm not sure if I see this as a good thing. It just seems like "another" thing Bleedman is going to do, which results in a slowdown for all already in progress comics.

If I had as much on my plate as Bleedman, I would think I would want less, not more. I guess the rabid fanbase of Zim is eager to absorb anything right now, I would imagine they're starving out there in the cold.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby ari-6 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:06 am

Bleed is obviously very happy with the direction GT and SB have taken that he want's NEK to "Work his magic" with IZ as well.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:10 am

Maybe it will be a good comic because there's nothing to fuck up yet.

We'll see what happens. Not holding my breath for anything though.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby ari-6 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:17 am

I feel like having optimism is pointless for this. I am slightly pleases that MD is being revived. But when people say "Wait and see what happens" I can only say that we have already seen what happens twice.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)