BR support thread! :)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

BR support thread! :)

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:44 pm

Hey everyone,

I recently had a PM conversation with one of the moderators on this forum and through him/her (my apologies!) I got to know that BR is currently in real bad health.

It seems he is in constant pain, and even though I don't know what exactly he is suffering from (nor do I need to know if it's too personal of a subject), I can imagine it must be horrible.

I've always appreciated BR's work, especially since he seems to be one of the few people who is able to steer Bleed's work in the right direction, such as can be noticed in the PPGD comic.

However, it's not just because of his efforts, I kinda just feel for him. Whatever illness it might be he is suffering from, I just wanted to make this thread to show him some support and wish he gets better soon.

So, to all of you out there, if you wish, you can show your own support here too. I know this might seem a bit of a pointless thread, as it doesn't really have to do with any of the comics (as such, the thread can be moved if it's too off-topic), but I just felt like making a thread for him.

If you post here, please avoid petty arguments or any of the kind. I'm sure not just me but also the other moderators would appreciate it!

Lolwutpear_126

Re: BR support thread! :)

Postby Teran » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:06 pm

I got worried for him after hearing that he had a recent complication.

Cheering for you, BR, hope things get better.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

The one and only

Postby Gundam » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:15 pm

Yeah hope he gets better.

Lolwutpear_126 wrote:I've always appreciated BR's work, especially since he seems to be one of the few people who is able to steer Bleed's work in the right direction, such as can be noticed in the PPGD comic.

Probably could have worded that better. It comes off as a little bit insulting.
One weird Snafu

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:08 pm

Wow, I had a quick little PM conversation with him just about two weeks ago.

I was worried about him, so I asked him if he was having trouble with his health and he replied to me saying that he was recovering.

I haven't talked to him since because I wanted to let him get his rest, but if what Pear posted is true, it looks like the worst isn't over for him yet. I hope he is able to make a full recovery.

Lolwutpear_126 wrote:So, to all of you out there, if you wish, you can show your own support here too. I know this might seem a bit of a pointless thread, as it doesn't really have to do with any of the comics (as such, the thread can be moved if it's too off-topic), but I just felt like making a thread for him.

Don't worry Pear, I don't think this is pointless at all, Beeare works on a comic here and he's a friend to a lot of people.
Beeare was even one of the first people on this forum who I could openly talk to be it in the threads or PM and I was happy to call him a friend.
He's a nice and creative guy and he deserves to be in our thoughts.
Bark

Postby ULTRADJ » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:11 pm

I heard he was gettinf surgery, unless that already happened and is recovering, or maybe getting something else? Either way, I pray for his health and hope he comes back stronger!
Pro Snafu Mods Supporter 2k15
Just Rockin

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:33 pm

Gundam wrote:
Lolwutpear_126 wrote:I've always appreciated BR's work, especially since he seems to be one of the few people who is able to steer Bleed's work in the right direction, such as can be noticed in the PPGD comic.
I think she means that the story improved with BR on board, and when left to his own Devices, Bleedman is incapable (Or at least not "as" capable as others) of creating a lasting or high quality story. During Saga 1, Bleedman didnt rely on only a single helping hand and in fact had an entire handful of people under him helping the story out, like Kainsword for Monster designs and backstories, and someone else as the main writer of which I do not currently remember. Bleedman's comics are known for their storytelling, but Bleedman himself is known for the art, not the story. The story as it stands now is pretty slow and weak, but compared to GT's current standings, is still rather healthy. But this is neither here nor there.

BeeAre has been something of a personal friend to me on the forum and helped me along when things got rocky a few times, and I owe him nothing but my respect. I hope he gets better, it would be sad to see someone else on this forum go.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:01 pm

Lolwutpear_126 wrote:It seems he is in constant pain, and even though I don't know what exactly he is suffering from (nor do I need to know if it's too personal of a subject), I can imagine it must be horrible.

I believe it's fairly common knowledge that he has Crohn's disease. He's mentioned it a few times in the past on here.
<THIS ACCOUNT IS OFFLINE>

Postby Sigment » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:02 pm

Certainly hoping nothing happens to the guy. We've already lost too many good people on this forum if you ask me.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Wulfespinndel » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:52 pm

Sigment wrote:Certainly hoping nothing happens to the guy. We've already lost too many good people on this forum if you ask me.

Tell me about it...sigh...

I hope we get to hear from BeeAre soon.
"As she raised a glass of water, everyone exptected they'd be asked the "half empty or half full" question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired, "How heavy is this glass of water?" The answers called out ranged from 8oz. to 20 oz. She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes." She continued, "The stress and worries in life are like that glass of water. think about them for awhile and nothing happens. Think about them for a big longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed - incapable of doing anything. Always remember to put the glass down."
~ Anonymous

Previous Quote
This too shall pass.

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:03 pm

Well, from what this mod told me, he seems to be in a lot of pain most of the time, and the only time he isn't suffering is when he is taking Vicodin, which I guess are painkillers?

Yeah, I guess I could have, my apologies. But I think we are all aware of the state the comics on which Bleed is working are in. Out of all the comics which haven't fallen prey to fanservice and slow pacing, PPGD still seems to be the least afflicted, so to speak. Also, Birdofterror pretty much worded my thoughts better than I did.

However, as to not derail the topic, let's drop that subject here, shall we?

Postby ULTRADJ » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:25 pm

I gotta praise the guy for working with someone as difficult as Bleed. He made PPGD good and hasn't gone too far into the hole like all the other comics have. I sure hope he does get better.
Just Rockin

Postby Teran » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:26 am

I agree, working with Bleed sounds everything but enjoyable.

Can you imagine his face when Bleed said "hey, remember that Invader Zim comic? Yeah, I'm also doing that"?

If I recall correctly, Arthur (Seir) told me that they wanted to finish PPGD in 2011 - 2012. Then Bleedman happened.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

The one and only

Postby ULTRADJ » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:31 am

Finish it? I wondered how that would've worked? Like, just stop it mid story or have an actual ending?
Just Rockin

Postby Sigment » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:39 am

Actual ending. As in, thanks to Bleed, PpGD slowed to an absolute crawl compared to the intended rate of updates and plot progression. Though, to be fair, BR's state of health has contributed to PpGD's lack of updates for some time now. So yeah, I'm at least grateful Bleed didn't take that chance to go in his own direction with the comic instead of waiting for BR to get better.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Teran » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:40 am

Have an actual ending, had Bleedman focused all his attention on PPGD, I believe they could achieve it. Then he fired Seir, which slowed the whole process, decided to continue Grim Tales, it was a clusterfuck.

The one and only

Postby Havoc » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:16 am

Something tells me that if BR was out of the picture, Bleedman wouldn't hesitate for a second to take PPGD in any fucking direction he feels like taking it. Just like SB.

Anyways, I've been worried about BR for sometime now. Although it's good to get a bit of an update on the situation, I hate to hear that things aren't going well for him. BR has done so much for all of us here on the forum. I pray for his recovery.

Also I'd like to take this time to say Happy Birthday, BeeAre. Sorry you have to spend it like this.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:24 am

It's funny how this thread was made at around the same time his birthday came along.

Happy birthday bleed forum thread of br! The party's going to be in the spam forum!
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJ » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:32 am

Sigment wrote:Actual ending. As in, thanks to Bleed, PpGD slowed to an absolute crawl compared to the intended rate of updates and plot progression. Though, to be fair, BR's state of health has contributed to PpGD's lack of updates for some time now. So yeah, I'm at least grateful Bleed didn't take that chance to go in his own direction with the comic instead of waiting for BR to get better.

Huh, that makes me wonder if the story will end at the end of the whole Dr. X saga or will they continue the story after the bomb and Dr. X.

Anyway, Happy Birthday BeeAre! Sorry it's not a better one, but I hope for your recovery still.
Just Rockin

Postby BeeAre » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:35 pm

come to spam, i am alive and celebrating my birthday there. :0)

thank you all for your wishes

had a surgical procedure on my heart at the beginning of february, recovery has been slow, but they did correct the problem:

I had an overactive nerve in the upper left ventricle of my heart causing elevated heart rate and blood pressure

basically tachycardia for no reason, and so I was on a lot of medicine that made it hard to do anything

but my energy returns and specifically today, come into spam and post threads and posts

I want everyone to have fun. :0)
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:38 pm

BeeAre returns! Hoorah, the thread worked.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Tuor » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:46 pm

THE BEST POSTER HAS RETURNED
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby ULTRADJ » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:02 pm

LEGENDS NEVAH DIE! HE'S BACK!
Just Rockin

Postby Sigment » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:24 pm

Good to have you back, man.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Welcome back BeeAre! I wish you a speedy return to your full strength. As someone who actually spent most of the week before last in the hospital myself, I know it is no fun to be that sick, and how good it feels to start recovering.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Gundam » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:05 pm

Yo Br what's up?

Glad to hear your better.
One weird Snafu

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)