New Sugar Bits page-Enter Prince Charming (sorta) (11/12/14)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Sugar Bits page-Enter Prince Charming (sorta) (11/12/14)

Postby ULTRADJ » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:12 pm

Oh boy, another character returns from the last one, albeit he was totally useless in the previous Sugar Bits but now there's hope more characters return from the last one, right? (I'm being a little sarcastic btw)

Tbh, I lost interest in this a long time ago. I mean, I still read it when it comes to my face, but I'm not engaged or anything, just disinterested and seeing how far the train wreck goes.
Just Rockin

Re: New Sugar Bits page-Enter Prince Charming (sorta) (11/12/14)

Postby Higurashi » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:21 pm

I like the way he used to look better.

Licorice is into him? .... *gets up, flips keyboard, walks out of room, slams door*

But really, that's a bad idea. I was kinda eh about the Sugar Princess and Gingy in the first place, but it was cute, so it was nice.
((Made for me on another site by a wonderful artist named Bia!))
Equilibrium Manager

Postby ULTRADJ » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:55 am

Now that I look at him more, his design does look more bland than the original version. And that whole Lico liking him came completely out of nowhere.
Just Rockin

Postby athdlg » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:19 am

I really liked Gene. His design is also something that I really likes, for no apparent reason. I like horns, so that's probably why...

The way he's drawn out right now seems completely different from what I expected. It's more cartoonish, flat...he looks like a 6 foot 12 year old.
Aaaaand, I agree, Lico liking him is very unexpected. If anything I thought she would want to murder him internally for spoiling her fun she could have.
Forever Noob

Postby Keiken » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:54 am

I don't think is a like "like" situation. More like a "Oh, what a nice pretty boy to tease and then throw aside" situation.

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:27 am

This comic really isn't going anywhere anymore. And I agree with most people, Gene's design looks much more bland. The whole page seems to be more flat and 'streamlined', so to speak. I wonder why Bleed keeps this comic alive when it's clear nothing's happening except for some girl with a Multiple Personality Disorder messing around. And Lico is becoming as annoying as GT's Chi. Do little annoying brats give Bleed a boner or something?

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:32 am

Actually, in a odd way, they might. Remember part of what differentiates a Lolita/Shouta complex from rank and file pedophilia is the desire for a certain amount of reciprocation. The subject doesn't merely want to have a relationship with the object, he/she want the object to want to have a relationship with them; they want it to be more or less consensual/voluntary. I'm not saying this is any better or that, when this doesn't occur a lot of people with such a complex won't go for non-consensual, but to someone with such a complex, to have a little girl/boy who wants it as much as they do is sort of an ideal goal. And annoying brats of the kind that Lico and Chi are sort of the pool from which such characters can come, children mentally (if not emotionally) mature and perceptive beyond their years, who are acutely aware of how to play and manipulate others for best effect. If Bleed truly has fallen in love with some of his characters, than, based on what we sort of know about his preferences, a girl like Lico or Chi is probably EXACTLY what his libido is looking for.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:27 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:Actually, in a odd way, they might. Remember part of what differentiates a Lolita/Shouta complex from rank and file pedophilia is the desire for a certain amount of reciprocation. The subject doesn't merely want to have a relationship with the object, he/she want the object to want to have a relationship with them; they want it to be more or less consensual/voluntary. I'm not saying this is any better or that, when this doesn't occur a lot of people with such a complex won't go for non-consensual, but to someone with such a complex, to have a little girl/boy who wants it as much as they do is sort of an ideal goal. And annoying brats of the kind that Lico and Chi are sort of the pool from which such characters can come, children mentally (if not emotionally) mature and perceptive beyond their years, who are acutely aware of how to play and manipulate others for best effect. If Bleed truly has fallen in love with some of his characters, than, based on what we sort of know about his preferences, a girl like Lico or Chi is probably EXACTLY what his libido is looking for.

...Which is disturbing, to say the least. Because such fantasies are actuallly not what I consider overly mentally healthy. Moreso because of a mentally mature CHILD still physically being a child, despite its wavering desires...

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:47 pm

I never said it was healthy, just that it is. And it's probably a lot commoner than anyone would like to imagine (let's face it, if a lot of people didn't have at least a little loli in them, the "naughty schoolgirl" wouldn't be such a popular roleplaying choice.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby OrangeBee » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:42 pm

Wasn't it implied they knew each other as kids?

We never really got around to their back story together so i guess it's free reign in here
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:33 am

OrangeBee wrote:Wasn't it implied they knew each other as kids?

We never really got around to their back story together so i guess it's free reign in here

Ginger technically still is a kid. Gene used to look older in the previous pages featuring him. In this page he looks surprisingly young. Don't tell me...another love triangle???

Postby Sigment » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:01 pm

What, between Lico, Ginger and Gene? I sincerely hope not. Also, when Bee said "kids", we're talking four or six-year-olds.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:00 am

Sigment wrote:What, between Lico, Ginger and Gene? I sincerely hope not. Also, when Bee said "kids", we're talking four or six-year-olds.

Oh God, I just realised...If you consider Lico a separate being, we actually got a love SQUARE on our hands here: Ginger, Lico, Hansel and Gene...

Postby Sigment » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:06 am

'Kay, I'm seriously lost here. How are you considering Hansel part of a love triangle with Ginger and Gene? Neither of the men have a romantic relationship with Ginger. Hansel is Ginger's guardian (sort of), and Gene is merely a friend that has shown no romantic interest in her. How do they qualify for a love triangle?

The Resident Smartass

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:31 am

Not to mention that, as it was Ginger who originally baked Hansel, he probably sort of considers her his mother. We've got enough problems with Loli without throwing an Oedipal complex into the comic as well!

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:18 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:Not to mention that, as it was Ginger who originally baked Hansel, he probably sort of considers her his mother. We've got enough problems with Loli without throwing an Oedipal complex into the comic as well!

We're talking about Bleedman here. Anything can happen.

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:36 pm

Lolita/Shouta complex

Ew, seeing that in this context always weirds me. I use the Shota term when seeing adorable little boys whose cheeks I want to pinch and tiny bodies I want to squeeze into squealing about my cooties.

Nonetheless. I haven't had the time to read the original Sugar Bits. who the fuck is Gene? What did he do and was it as irrelevant as I'm imagining?

* And oui, anything can happen, but Bleed has history with screwing with things into making sense. Like, metaphor-y shizz, or ancient clichés.

Minnie is in love with her brother? nothing different then seriously every greek/roman god story. I know the references are there but it's hard to imagine he does all of this JUST for his own fanservice. Maybe it's the ridiculous complicated storylines/melodrama he likes?
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Sigment » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:42 pm

Gene is a resident of Dystopius that (based on a small flashback following the destruction of a limo he and Hansel were riding) had met Ginger before when they were both children. During the two-year battle, he did what he could; directing local law enforcement to a degree. However, other than having influence in the city, he seems to lack any abilities or powers.

The Resident Smartass

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:12 pm

I might remember seeing bits of the battle. Sounds like a good idea for a character that never ended up doing anything?

I read in a comic-making tips article once, that if a character loses their relevance to your story, it's time for them to die! *Evil chuckles*

Let the slaying of half the cast commence! *shot*
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Keiken » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:20 pm

Hmmm wonder how many characters deserve to die in SB, GT, and PPGD all together following that logic... :roll:

Also, love how people are trying to get in bleed's head to deduce his fetishes lol

Postby ULTRADJ » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:10 pm

There would be no characters left for any story. There would be no comics either, meaning Bleed would have to be a better storyteller. (like that's going to happen this millennia)

About his fetishes, it's because Bleed makes it so obvious of what the sick shit he's into. It's been shoved in our face constantly in Grim Tales (loli and lesbian loli), and it's show a little here in Sugar Bits as well (borderline pedophile territory).
Just Rockin

Postby Keiken » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:27 pm

Then, why are you guys (myself included) always visiting the page now and then to check if a page is up? why is it so "addictive", if that's the word? Would it maybe be the art style?

Postby Higurashi » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:05 pm

Keiken wrote:Then, why are you guys (myself included) always visiting the page now and then to check if a page is up? why is it so "addictive", if that's the word? Would it maybe be the art style?

It's because we all (foolishly) hope that one day things will improve again. The plot will move forward at a decent/understandable pace. Bleed will be able to keep it in his pants while he draws. Maybe Gingy and Bo will show up again. I'll stop being so cynical. The sun will come out. Rainbows will cover the sky. Bunnies will hop into people's laps unworried with such things as hawks, and maybe... MAYBE someone other than Bleed or that one other guy will post a decent comic. (The last being the least likely of all.)
((Made for me on another site by a wonderful artist named Bia!))
Equilibrium Manager

Postby Keiken » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:00 am

I think I suddenly got something in my eye... :'(

Soooo... while we wait for better days.. Coul someone remind me what happened to the old gang? I'm not really feeling like reading the comic all over again now..

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:35 pm

Are we really just assuming Bleed's Loli and Lesbian fanservice are his fetishes? Cuz I draw little girls in mini skirts all the time, and it's not my fetish.

I drew a little boy in a mini skirt last night, (calm down there were leggings) I ain't got no fetishes. I was making fun of Magical Girl animes and wanted the little boy villain to think he was a girl and fall in awkward puppy luvz. 8D

@Keiken

Old posters? or the Sugar Bits gang? Currently we're in what appears to be a ghetto modern anime revision of the old Sugar Bits. We don't know how long that'll last or if that's even what it is. It's been posting for about two years now and we're still not even sure of what's going on.

Old Sugar Bits ended. You only really have to read the last ten pages to get how it went along, I believe.

Old posters have probably fed up and left. Y'know? gotten married and other shit those guys in the Green Day musical just couldn't do right. But I'm sure that's not what you meant. To which point I would delete this paragraph if I didn't like my Green Day joke so much. /brick'd
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)