PPGD newgrounds game

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

PPGD newgrounds game

Postby ULTRADJ » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:11 pm

Okay, this is my first time making a thread here, and I'm not confident that this topic goes on this forum spot, so If I need to delete this and move it to the correct place it need to be on the forums, tell me immediately and I will do so. This thread is about the experiences, story, and everything about the PPGD game that came out on newgrounds. Why talk about it now? Because a recent page sparked a discussion on it, and I thought I would make a thread to talk all about it. Who knows, maybe one day a sequel or GT version of the game will be released. Spill your thoughts!
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Re: PPGD newgrounds game

Postby Mir@k » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:19 pm

No sequels are going to be released because the original makers no longer even visit the site. Like, for years.
And from the people we got here that make games, no one is very interested in making one, specially because it could only be a fighting game and those are a pain in the ass to make.

And that game takes me baaaack. It's so old hahaha.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:21 pm

Well you can't technically move/delete this thread but a mod can. But no one's perfect so it's okay if you messed up your first thread. But it seems appropriate so let's give it a go!

The game actually didn't get me into Snafu but rather the Invader Zim: Manifest Doom comic. I was looking up Invader Zim stuff and out of nowhere a doujinshi of the show. It looked awesome and I wanted to find the source of it, hence the discovery of Snafu.
Ahh... good times.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby ari-6 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:38 pm

Hey, that was how I found this place to. A friend in highschool gave me a link to where I could watch all the IZ episodes again so I got back into it.

If a game was made, would it require are to be cut from the comics or is it all pixel art?
My Gallery http://ari-6.deviantart.com/gallery/ Check it out when you get the chance.
gott ist tot

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:19 pm

I think it should have more detailed art. When I do get inamite knolege of programming I could probably work on something like this. Maybe a mod for another game.
F U Im evil

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:43 am

Good music.

Good fighting engine.

Nice variation of stories.

A secret final boss to rival Shira Bell.

Spinoff Characters like Grim Junior or Griddles' Barasia. Maybe even Boobear. :)

That is what a good remake/sequel should have.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Sigment » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:50 am

I'm gonna go ahead and put up the link for the game here, in case anyone out there can't find it, or is to lazy to look for it.

PpGD: Battle in Megaville

Fair warning: you may need to zoom in on the page to see it properly. I know I do, though there used to be an option to increase the size of the viewer that is either gone, or I can't find it.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Mir@k » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:57 pm

Pixel art usually works best because it takes less memory to run a game that has small assets of art to run a big detailed projection.
There was a fighting engine that seemed to have promise but i don't know if it's still being worked on, the name was Rumblah i think.
It's made in flash, but it hasn't incorporated menu screens or anything that lets you customize things other than battles.

EDIT: Sigh, it's last post was on 2009. I guess it stopped development.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:49 pm

Why does everything good die? :?

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby ULTRADJ » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:03 pm

Birdofterror wrote:Why does everything good die? :?

Because life sucks. It is sad though, it could've been a master project that was so amazing everyone could enjoy. But of course, people would have to put a lot of time for that, and have the skills for it two, two factors most people don't have, and people that do have the skills, don't have the time because they are working on other things, mostly career related.
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby Havoc » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:16 am

Just thought I'd move this here since it seemed a bit more appropriate.
Cerulean wrote:I'm almost positive that CuteBunnyGirl was the one who brought it up, but this is the only mention of the game that I can find in her posts. And even then, she said she was scrapping it for the art contest we had a while back, so I sort of doubt that she's still working on it (added to the fact that she hasn't visited since last July).

I don't think I finished Battle in Megaville either. But, I've got to admit, that I do think it'd be amusing to have a sequel revolving around this bomb.

I seriously doubt she was even working on it in the first place. I remember Drago2552 said he was making a GT, and yet nothing has come of it. Anyone can say they're making a game based on GT, PpGD, or SB. Hell I could say that I was in the middle of making a GT game and it's currently being published by Square-Enix, and it will be on shelves this fall. My point is: without any proof, I'm just not convinced.

But yes, PpGD game, based on the current saga would be great. Like I said: I would like to see a side-scrolling hack-n-slash, or a turn-based RPG GT game. Idk about a GT fighting game.

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:38 am

Havoc wrote:But yes, PpGD game, based on the current saga would be great. Like I said: I would like to see a side-scrolling hack-n-slash, or a turn-based RPG GT game. Idk about a GT fighting game.
Well the PPGD fighting game, if anyone here hasn't played it yet due to simply how OLD it is, was infectiously simple. Two main attacks: Hit and Special.

Combos were either Hit Hit Hit, Hit Hit Special, or Hit Special. Attacking in the air provided a unique attack, using special in the air- regardless of the character you are using provided an Eye Laser, or in Dexter's case he whipped out a Phaser.

That's IT. 95% of the game was finding out which enemies did what. Bubbles had a devastating Basic 3 hit combo which knocked you into the air and did above average damage, Buttercup has a great mid-air attack which stunlocked people in a corner, Blossom's normal special attack; her ice breath locked people down so you could do ANYTHING to them, Bell was a master at Anti-Air with her basic special combo Hit-Special causing a massive ray of light to burn anyone vertically.

Dexter was a monster on the ground with slow low ranged powerful attacks consisting of a 3 hit combo that slams people down, or his basic special which- at a perfect range, could do more damage than anything in the game with his boomerang lightsaber. And the most unique character is by far Team Rowdyruff. Most of the attacks are done by Brick alone, who is a good enough fighter, but Special on the ground summons an untargetable unmovable Boomer rocket that spans the entire screen, while air special summons Butch who makes a gigantic green laser that annihilates anyone unlucky enough to be caught in the air.

But that's really the entire game. Just learn how everyone plays, then beat the computer players in a very simple reflex based fighter. The only time the game ever through a curveball was if you were playing on the harder difficulties and you have to fight the secret boss "Shira Bell" who was basically Bell, but on several different steroids and drugs at the same time. Basically everything Bell does, Shira Bell does literally three times in a row. Getting caught off guard would kill you in like five seconds. The only way to beat her is to outsmart her AI... which is really easy to do with Team Rowdyruff, because Boomer is OP.

Just remake that game and make it better. Ta-Da! Instant classic, again. PPGD: Battle in Megaville turned heads on Newgrounds as being not only a good game, but probably the only good thing to come out of the (at the time) incredibly small PPG fandom. It brought a huge influx of people to Snafu, and firmly cemented Bleedman in people's minds, people who at the time didn't even know PPGD existed.

Bird oft Error

Postby Havoc » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:36 pm

CTCFirebird wrote:I haven't played that game in so long lol. I use to download the file to play it every so often so that way I didn't have to go on Newgrounds.

Wait. You can download games off of Newgrounds?

Postby Mir@k » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:29 pm

You could do that easily by right clicking and going to the page's properties, then downloading the swf from the media tab, but i don't know what methods people use nowadays.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:06 am

ah I remember only finding out about PPGD, which also lead to reading the rest of Bleed's works and some comics here, thanks to that flash game.
ended up curious at the story and circumstances from the game, then saw the link that lead to the comic.

maybe in the future, if Bleedman's stories get more known, perhaps we'll see not just a PPGD game but a game centering on all the 3 stories he made. you know like those capcom/marvel games fighting games. if we do, I wanna use mimi and mandy's character, feels like they would be pretty crazy awesome(and dexter is already a given, from the original game).

Postby CTCFirebird » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:08 pm

@ Mir@k - Correct!

@ Havoc - Its usually by .SWF files. If you have Macromedia Flash or now known as Adobe Flash, you can play it there too (once downloaded from site)
I am the Winner

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)