New Powepuff Girls Doujinshi - "Truth By The Sea" (9/26/14)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Powepuff Girls Doujinshi - "Truth By The Sea" (9/26/14)

Postby ULTRADJ » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:48 am

(was bored and burnt out in class, so I decided to post this to save everyone trouble)

Hooray! We all got the flash back of the girl we promised, it all looks- what? We were expecting it to be Atomic Betty or Sam? Everyone was looking forward to it? This is half pointless since we already know all this information and it just adds fuel to the love triangle?

Okay, I'm kinda joking, but I guess it's nice to see this scene from a different perspective? I'd rather see a flash back of Atomic Betty or Sam to show their stories instead of something we already know. It could be worse, but the page could've been way better.
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Re: New Powepuff Girls Doujinshi - "Truth By The Sea" (9/26/14)

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:40 pm

I feel that the timing/placement for this page was rather awful. I mean seriously, we go from Vexus transforming and declaring war, straight into the confrontation between Olga and Dexter from long ago. There should've at least been some kind of transition panel, to let us know that we're going to something completely different. Maybe the Olga panel was meant to be the transition, but it still makes people think, "What? Did I miss a page?"

And in all honesty, the page itself is kind of bad.
The dialogue just feels extremely out of character from top to bottom. Even if it was changed a bit, to move us back into the time where Olga was confronting Dexter about Mandark's death at the beginning of the page, and then ending it with a sense of closure so soon, just feels unrealistic and awkward. It might've been better to just start off with Blossom's last line, continue from there, and have whatever happens next conclude the page.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:45 pm

I feel like this is filler added in. I mean, it's true that we never actually heard the dialogue between the two (only Mandy and Bubble's recollections of it), but I don't know. It's possible that this is being shown to lead into one of them (Blossom, Dex or Olga) waking up after detonation. Call it a subconscious memory coming up.

Of course, I could just as easily be wrong. In fact, I think I usually am wrong about things.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:22 pm

My first reaction when seeing this page: 'Oh great, even more fanservice, but only this time it's PPGD!' Because BOY, do we love love triangles, amiright?

Also, utter lack of transition from the Vexus transformation scene to this one. I was at first really confused on whether I missed an update or something.

On top of that, this really was one of those scenario's I really didn't want to see, actually. Is there even a need for more Olga-Dexter-Blossom drama?

Postby Biostar » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:01 pm

The site has been blocking me for a while so I thought I actually did miss something. This is an odd choice of a flashback, considering what just happened on Earth. I don't get why this scene wasn't just put in during the beach segment. It would have made the whole DexterxOlga thing last chapter feel less jarring.

Postby Sigment » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:12 pm

BR's stated his mistake in the News thread, and is asking for suggestions, if anyone cares to try.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby dj1107 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:27 pm

Bad transition aside decent page. At least stuff is happening in this title.

Postby Teran » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:29 pm

4 years in the making. Terrible transition, literally out of nowhere. Makes me wonder why the team decided to make us wait for this conversation. It changes very little. Mehhh, decent page, but, again, terrible transition.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby Mercen-X » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:11 pm

Sigment wrote:BR's stated his mistake in the News thread, and is asking for suggestions, if anyone cares to try.

Suggestion: Rearrange every page since the "beach scene" so that this page follows it. It should only take a few hours.

EDIT: Also, "I do believe you... and now I'm going to KILL YOU!"
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Higurashi » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:02 pm

Not a bad page in my opinion. I'd be able to say better if I didn't have the suspicion that Bleed just wanted to draw Blossom in a bikini.
((Made for me on another site by a wonderful artist named Bia!))
Equilibrium Manager

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:12 pm

dj1107 wrote:Bad transition aside decent page. At least stuff is happening in this title.

My thoughts exactly. I felt like there was this gigantic purple elephant in the room involving Olga and Dexter and everyone just ignored it because it was kind of intimidating. At least now we're talking about it.

I personally adore this page, I feel like it actually ties up some of the obvious loose ends that were left from the first saga, even if it IS just 'another' flashback, which I realize it is. I think if we're going to have flashbacks, it should be with the goal to tie up loose ends before we finally land back in the main story.

I would honestly give this page a 9/10. I thoroughly enjoyed it at its core.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby dj1107 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:22 pm

I mean only thing I'd fix on this page would be to just leave a "However many days ago" box in the page corner just so that the transition isn't as jarring.
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Havoc » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:35 pm

Ha, I just got done saying something similar in the other thread. Anyways I really liked this page. Like ULTRA, I was sorta hoping we'd cover Betty or Sam, however I'm okay with this. I'm really curious as to where this is going, so long as it has some significance to it. I'm hoping this will once and for all explain Olga's motives, and gives us somewhat of and idea as to what part she plays in this story.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:31 am

Havoc wrote:Ha, I just got done saying something similar in the other thread. Anyways I really liked this page. Like ULTRA, I was sorta hoping we'd cover Betty or Sam, however I'm okay with this. I'm really curious as to where this is going, so long as it has some significance to it. I'm hoping this will once and for all explain Olga's motives, and gives us somewhat of and idea as to what part she plays in this story.

If her 'part' just means she'll be there for a love triangle between Dexter and Blossom, then I give up on this comic. We already have enough puberescent love stuff in GT.

Postby xbox432 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:16 am

I feel myself wanting to buy a shirt like the one Olga is wearing, can never have to many Hawaiian shirts.

And once again, great shadow effects from the palm trees' leaves. Would've been a chore getting all those little lines to show up.
And the monkey flips the switch.
Luna Is Best Princess

Postby ari-6 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:46 am

Actually he would have downloaded a palm tree brush. Takes a few minutes. There is no way he would waste time with each little line.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby silvercover » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:06 am

eh im probably stating the obvious, but there's the possibility that this one is already the continuation after the bomb explodes, rather than being a flashback.

im guessing either deedee sent blossom back in time or we've got an alternate universe here.

Postby Biostar » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:35 am

Beeare clearly stated that this is a flashback.

Postby silvercover » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:01 am

Biostar wrote:Beeare clearly stated that this is a flashback.

oh oops.

I didnt check the updates section, just went straight here to the bleed section.

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:28 pm

Biostar wrote:Beeare clearly stated that this is a flashback.

I kinda wish the story would just move on for once instead of relying so heavily on flashbacks all the time. It's not only apparent here, but also in GT and Sugarbits.

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:24 pm

Lolwutpear_126 wrote:I kinda wish the story would just move on for once instead of relying so heavily on flashbacks all the time. It's not only apparent here, but also in GT and Sugarbits.
/shrug

While I won't say we're "never" going to be leaving this endless cycle of character information, I must state that we've been in this cycle for almost four freaking years. GT, as I numbered down in its respective thread, has gone on this Mimi/Chi tangent for longer than the previous saga of GT put together, all with the goal of rescuing Mimi from castle Grim.

All of the comics are in perpetual Fuck Around Mode, to loosely quote Blood Lord's eloquent saying, and we are getting nowhere at the speed of light. I too would love us to get to the point, and I personally think that this Flashback is actually a pretty good way of doing that, even though it's still a damn flashback. At least we're back on track to the main story. If we go backwards again, I'm going to scream.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby shadownerd221 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:19 pm

Ok so I wasn't the only one who got confused at the sudden transition to Olga confronting Dexter about Mandark.

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)