New GT: "Christmas Special page 2" (12/24/14)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

New GT: "Christmas Special page 2" (12/24/14)

Postby Hiroko » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:12 am

The Sentimental One

Re: New GT: "Christmas Special page 2" (12/24/14)

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:05 am

We pretty much already discussed this page in the other topic. Don't know what else should be said about it, really. This topic was also created quite late afterall.

Postby Sigment » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:32 am

It's just customary to make a new thread when a comic gets updated, Pear.

Still, I will agree that, at this point, there's not much to say. It's a decent page, and a good holiday update. I will say, though, that one member guessed this outcome fairly well. I guess it was pretty damn predictable, yeah?

Xi-1 wrote:Yeah, I think this is very easy to predict, but then it would be within the spirit of the season, wouldn't it? But here we go:
1. With Chi following behind to see what's going on, Mimi will walk around with the cart, giving the presents away to souls in need. Maybe even the cart itself.
2. Frustrated, and with her allowance depleted, Chi will become depressed.
3. Seeing her in need, Mimi will give Chi some small, claw-crafted gift. This will cause Chi to realize the value of a gift from the heart.
4. Chi will give Mimi the hand-crafted scarf. Cartoon hearts will ensue.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonCreed » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:46 pm

Pretty much what i also guessed after seeing the first one, btw i hope everyone had a happy Christmas and i hope that everyone will have a happy new year.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Keiken » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:05 pm

Merry Christmas you you too, Crimson :)

Well we need to admit that at least it was more heartwarming than last year's..

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:31 am

CrimsonCreed wrote:Pretty much what i also guessed after seeing the first one, btw i hope everyone had a happy Christmas and i hope that everyone will have a happy new year.

Thanks, but I for one won't have any happy years coming anytime soon. Being a student, still living at home with parents bullshitting around and thinking they still can plan out my life for me and shit. You know the drill.

Hope everyone else will have more luck than me, though.

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:19 pm

A passing though I've had since the second page of this was hosted to the site, but not updated in the forum section:

While, yes, it is a waste of time in its most literal sense, I feel as thought it did its job well enough. That job being what Bleedman wants us to see, how Mimi and Chi act in their natural state, or at least actED. Chi tries to woo and wow Mimi with gifts, but it seems as though she's not the materiel kind of person, the only gift she keeps for herself is the embroidered scarf with her name on it, something that she seemed to value more than the others. In the end, Chi being satisfied enough at fulfilling her role of provider is happy at the end and sets out to make more personal items for Mimi, and if the hat is any indication, for Demongo as well.

I thought it was pretty cute, and did a pretty good job to let us know exactly how they react to one another's company.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Keiken » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:25 am

You sir, you get it TuT

Postby Bandit » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:44 pm

We can use this page to understand how different Mimi and Chi are, despite their friendship.

Chi is a rich and pompous brat who is spoiled from the moment she is created. She thinks all that glitters is gold, and that buying excessively is a road to happiness. You can see that in the mountain of presents for Mimi. In a way, she is also 'buying' Mimi's love. Chi doesn't value Mimi as a friend, but as an object of affection to enjoy carnally.

Meanwhile, Mimi is the exact opposite. She grew up impoverished and orphaned, with only a handful of loved ones. Mimi understands what poverty feels like, and she knows that other people are suffering just like she is. Thus, she gives the presents away to the needy, and keeps the modest scarf. She's attached to Chi because of their friendship; Chi is the first person of Mimi's age that spoke with any kindness.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:23 pm

It also tells us something very interesting, that, even while in her "Her" form and under the symbiote's influence/control, Chi still has an actual kind heart, that, despite Him supposedly having exposed her to all of the evil in the world, she hasn't been consumed by it, that she is not WHOLLY corrupted.

Up 'til now, most of the "good" things we've seen her do post transformation could be interpreted as some sort of selfish gratification of her lusts, or attempts to use the appearance of kindness to manipulate others (i.e. she's nice to Jeff to keep Jeff around to do things for her, and accepted the locket because she just like the locket, not because it meant anything much to her anymore.) This is the first (or at least one of the best) examples of altruism on her part.
That could be important down the road (if the question of putting her and the symbiote back together is necessary (on the lines of she's had it so long she can't survive long term without it) It shows that the symbiote's baser impulses can be controlled, that it is still Mimi herself who is master sometimes.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby lionqueen145 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:31 am

well in my opinion I dont think Chi is thet selfish, I mean, it is true that she may be a little spoiled but at the begining she wanted to give Mimi only that scarf but she didnt have confidence in her skills and thought Mimi would like something else so she bought all those presents. She made a mistake thinking Mimi would prefer those than the scarf she made specially for her but she learnt of her mistake and I think that is good too. mimi has teach her that sometimes something made with love worth more.

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)