The Legend of Korra (Spoilers, nukka! Beware!)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Last Airbender: The Legend of Korra

Postby Perrito Caliente » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:08 am

Finished pre ordering it like 3 hours ago. Can't wait till Jan 25.
"Echoes of past events, nudge the tiller on my present course. I await its reflection in the future."

"Isn't it funny how my avatar finally kind of represents my name?"

http://sot.ag/Mzk1MTIy
Click the link and help me win a soundtrack.

Postby Techh » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:39 pm

Stufflikehearts wrote:Seriously, though. I loved reading your posts. Not only because I agree 100%, but the fact that you joined in 2011 and you're not a complete moron... like most of the users who joined then.

Aww, thank you! I try really hard not to be a moron. I read the rules, take note of all the stupid posts, I respect my elders. You know, stuff that people should do anyway, but I guess it's just too hard. ha.

Perrito Caliente wrote:And Techh. I hope you'll stay. To discuss on this forum when the series officially goes on-air. I feel like SNAFU has the only people I can really tolerate enough to actually talk to about Avatar n' shit.

You guys are so sweet. I plan on staying, I like SNAFU for the most part.
And, O, I know right? The most I get with everyone else is "Pft, I'm an airbender", "TOO BAD THAT EARTHBENDERS ARE COOLER."
Too bad I like real discussions...
Though, personally, I must say that waterbenders are the coolest :mrgreen:
"Wit beyond measure is a man's greatest treasure."
Because obsessive nerd is as obsessive nerd does.

Postby Perrito Caliente » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:24 pm

I have always related more to firebending personally. Because I am 100% sure, that if the bending arts were real, that would be the element I would have. I'm just that kind of person.

Anyways, now that I've had a chance to cool down from the initial hype, I do have one concern. Perhaps 70 years was a little too soon to separate the two series. Maybe the comics will explain it better, but I think that 90 years would have been the ideal time-skip rate.

Now I have a question. On the (almost) completely asanine idea that they make another series after this one, Will the prefix remain "The Last Airbender"? Because the new comics are still called "Avatar". So what do you think?
"Echoes of past events, nudge the tiller on my present course. I await its reflection in the future."

Postby Rival » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:10 pm

Perrito Caliente wrote:I have always related more to firebending personally. Because I am 100% sure, that if the bending arts were real, that would be the element I would have. I'm just that kind of person.

Discplined and ambitious? Cause Avatar actually did a very good job at avoiding the "fire=hot-headed and emotional" cliche. All the master class Firebenders were extremely disciplined and ambitious.

Take even the most sunny and warm character like Iroh. He had to have extreme control over his emotions to not get bitter over Ozai getting picked for the throne, rather than himself(Iroh was the older brother afterall), and managing to be in the Order of the White Lotus with an agressive warmonger as brother. And Iroh was ambitious, too. He interpreted the dream of himself conquering Ba Sing Se(actually freeing it, but he didn't know that yet) as fate leading him to immortality.

Plus, the pinnacle of Firebending is Lightning-bending which is said to require discipline as any mistake will kill you.

Hell, it's the Earthbenders who seem to be the more inclined to be emotional and passionate. The top Earthbenders are Toph and King Bumi afterall. Though Earthbending seems to be mostly about willpower and patience.

Perrito Caliente wrote:Now I have a question. On the (almost) completely asanine idea that they make another series after this one, Will the prefix remain "The Last Airbender"?

I think it'll be "The Last Airbender". They seem to want to phase it in, as the official moniker of the franchise, to avoid a lawsuit battle with 20th Century Fox.

I know it may seem "stupid", but it's better to be on the safe side. Look how a fantastic franchise like Marvelman got ruined simply due to a name battle.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Perrito Caliente » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:34 pm

Yes, I am... well no I'm not. I guess I would make a better earthbender (I always found it the most practical of all the elements). Now that I think about it, I'm not enitireley sure what kind of bender I would be. :unsure:

Anyways I guess "The Last Airbender" could work. It's something I can live with. After all, most franchises aren't in sync with their names after the second or third installment. (Ben 10, Street Fighter, etc.)

And yes i got that from the wiki.

Now does anyone have any speculation on who Asami or Hitoshi Sato could possibly be?

Postby Princess » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:35 pm

I find myself as Azula. Sad, but true.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Whatbutt: She's got enough tea to throw into a harbor and start another revolution.
Oct 31, 2014 at 4:23 pm EST, sempai finally noticed me.
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Perrito Caliente » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:40 pm

Why do you say that stuff?

Postby Princess » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:47 pm

I relate to her more than I should. The whole striving to be perfect, and acting like things don't bother you (example for Azula: Her Mother liking Zuko more) even though they do, and kind of just blowing it off until it comes to a breaking point and you can't ignore it anymore. And I am quite manipulative irl, sad to say.
Whatbutt: She's got enough tea to throw into a harbor and start another revolution.
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Perrito Caliente » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:51 pm

I think in that sense i relate more to Zuko. I have always (and still do) done everything I can to please my father, yet sometimes its just not enough. It's not like he's abusive to me or anything like that. It's just he's always expected me to be perfect, and hates it when I do anything less than that. I always bottle up all my feelings, just to be polite.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:41 pm

Perrito Caliente wrote:Anyways I guess "The Last Airbender" could work. It's something I can live with. After all, most franchises aren't in sync with their names after the second or third installment. (Ben 10, Street Fighter, etc.)

Technically, the title isn't accurate even with this one. If (as has been stated) Aang had kids, and some of them are Airbenders (and we know that at least one is, the one who is going to teach Korra airbending) then, by defintion Aang wasn't the last airbender. Unless the implication is that Aang was the last Avatar who was an air bender (i.e. the Avatar line is going to die out in one or two generations, before another Airbender is due to ascend) and even that seems dubios.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Perrito Caliente » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:53 pm

I know. There are 4 airbenders now (6 including Korra and Pema's yet to be born child) Tenzin and his 3 kids. I was just saying, it's kind of normal for a series not to be directly in sync with its title.

Postby Perrito Caliente » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:04 pm

On itunes they are selling ALL THREE SEASONS OF AVATAR FOR ONLY $15.

Wow. Considering the complete box sets are like 30 bucks each on amazon, that's a pretty good deal.

Postby Princess » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:28 pm

Meh, I have them on Netflix. Plus, I can buy the seasons used for cheap.
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Perrito Caliente » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:40 pm

I love this image

Postby Techh » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:41 pm

I've always thought of Waterbendering as being the most emotional based art. Like, Hama learned Bloodbending from anger, spite and revenge, while Katara learned it due to fear and desperation. Also, using bloodbending requires a sort of primitive rage; Hama to earn her freedom, Katara to avenge her mother’s death. It’s the complete opposite of Lightningbending, where one has to free themselves of all emotion to perform the art.

Perrito Caliente wrote:I was just saying, it's kind of normal for a series not to be directly in sync with its title.

The title being "The Last Airbender", is more for a reference kind of thing. People see the title, and think "O! This (new series) is related to that (old series)." That's why the creators add a bunch of stuff after the main title (i.e. The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra) to relate it to the new arc or saga or whatever. It’s to make it easier on the audience, and, even more important in this case, to avoid a lawsuit.

Postby Perrito Caliente » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:02 pm

I think the Luitenent is that one cop chasing Korra throughout the trailer.

I also have a theory that the Order Of the White Lotus will make a re-appearance and various youngsters from the original series might be members.

I really like the name Hiroshi Sato. Very japanese.

Postby Perrito Caliente » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:55 pm

The track team has desided that the music for The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra will be "If Jazz was invented in the 20s by the Chinese...". This is a very interesting idea. How do you think it will be realized? The Track Team has also stated on thier twitter page that the first episode will feature string quartets and it will be "very emotional". Do any of you have any links to chinese jazz songs that you think Korra's music will be similar too? Are there any instruments you think they will use? Are there any original tracks you want to return?

Postby Techh » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:31 pm

That is a really odd combination. Jazz music is a mix between Western African and European music. So, will the Avatar Jazz be a mixture of African, European and Chinese, or just African/Chinese or European/Chinese? This makes me wish I knew music theories, so I could imagine what it would sound like.

They'll use the piano, drums and bass, definitely. Personally, I hope they incorporate the trumpet, saxophone, violin/viola/cello, gu zheng and a multitude of Asian instruments I happen to have no clue about. I really do hope, though, that the music includes vocals. Not with every song of course, but I believe that vocals are an important part of jazz. They can just be so soulful. I wouldn't mind any language they're sung in either, but I want it to be a combination. Like, one song in English, the other in Mandarin, then Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese; just a bunch of languages, since the cartoon is basically a mix of all Asian cultures and some American.

Also, super epic Jazz song in Cantonese:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN-efauSp3c
I have no idea what it's saying, but the music is spectacular, and the woman singing is fantastic. I don't know about you, but to me this song just screams Korra.

Postby Perrito Caliente » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:37 pm

Wow what a coincidence. I favorited that song just the other day. I do admit it sounds amazing.

I was reminded of the Scarf Dance song from the original show. I do hope they incorporate some vocals in their jazz music as well. Since the creators are Cowboy Bebop fans, I wonder if they will do anything like that show did.

Considering anything the Track Team made is pretty much guaranteed to sound breathtakingly beautiful, and since jazz is my favorite genre of music, whatever Korra produces is sure to satisfy me.

Postby Perrito Caliente » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:34 am

Water, earth, fire, air.

Long ago, the three books lived in harmony,

Then, everything changed when M. Night Shyamalan attacked.

Only Michael Dante DiMartino, Master of all three books, could stop him,

But when the world needed him most, he vanished.

Four years passed, and the internet and I discovered the new Avatar, a waterbender named Korra.

Although her waterbending skills are great, she has a lot to learn before she's ready to save anyone, but I believe, Korra can save the show.

Just found this on youtube.

Postby Princess » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:38 pm

Hahahahaha, I enjoyed that.
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Perrito Caliente » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:05 pm

Glad you did.

Postby Saint Soul » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:59 pm

Love It.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Perrito Caliente » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:12 pm

Have any of you heard that they might reschedule the release to 2013? Dark Horse's press release has what many consider to be a typo in it. Read here for more info.

Postby Rival » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:46 am

I think it's a typo, I doubt Dark Horse would be the first to announce something like that, even if it were true. And animationinsider(what kind of source is that anyway?), is just echoing the Dark Horse entry.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)