Switch to full style
The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.
Topic locked

A friendly reminder from a friendly moderator.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:34 am

And when i say "a friendly moderator", it means I am the friendly moderator.
No, really.

I'm here to remind you all of the signature size limit, something you IDIOTS keep forgetting about.

12. SIGNATURES.- Signatures can have pictures, text and links, but no matter what you choose to have there, everything must not occupy more than the following space:

We can tolerate up to 600px in width, but no more.

Max file size is 400kb.

For the following days i will be scouting the forums, and modifying minor infractions, deleting medium infractions, or completely changing signatures to something offensive for major infractions and people who PERSISTENTLY keep breaking the rule after i've told you once about it. And just to be sure, i'll add the usernames of the assholes in a little text file and i'll be constantly checking if you guys break the rule again, to which you'll earn a tasty suspension or a ban depending on how much you fucked up.

I honestly don't understand why something so simple can be broken, then again not everyone is smart. Here's a small compendium of idiotic questions and answers i've received in the last week:

I was wearing an anime animated image and it got removed, but it was small. Why did my signature get removed if the image was so small?
A.- Do not confuse "image size" to "file size". The image size are the dimensions of the image, how wide and tall an image is, the file size is how HEAVY the file is. Newsflash: GIF ANIMATIONS ARE HEAVY. CHECK THE FILESIZE BEFORE UPLOADING.

But Mir! I R TEH STOOPID! HOW DO I CHECK SIZE?

WINDOWS LUSERS: Save image to pc -> Hover the mouse cursor over the image -> Right click -> Properties | On the General Tab you can see the file size, on Details you can see the image size.

LOLMACS: Save image to desktop -> Highlight the image -> Press Command (that key that looks like a fucked up vector of an apple in some keyboards, otherwise it should look like an x made of circles) + I

Wtf my sig was deleted but the image was the right size! What gives?
A - Are you sure you didn't have TEXT above the image? Remember, your signature size refers to the SPACE you take both in IMAGES and TEXT, so if you had a 75 pixel tall image and 75 pixel tall worth of text your signature would be 150 pixels tall.

Waaah waaaah but other people have bigger signatures than me then why? :'(
A- I'm a human being, even if thanks to you fucks i'm now 40% more grumpy, and since i'm not an omnipotent god i cannot be everywhere and that means some idiots will sneak past my radar, but if you get punished for breaking the rules and others aren't, they'll get what's coming to them eventually. Seeing another guy break the rules doesn't make it alright for you to break them.

Some member told me that i was breaking the rules but i ain't taking that shit from some fucking noob i'm FIERCE right?
A- Nope, you're just stupid. If someone is telling you that you're breaking the rules and you ignore them (or worse, mock or insult them), i'll eventually take note of that and it won't end well.

I'm not even asking for much, you guys should be following the rules by your own, so don't whine nor complain if you get edited or deleted, read the rules before bitching at me. Also, feel free to use the report button on anyone you see breaking this rule.

Any questions?

Re: A friendly reminder from a friendly moderator.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:42 am

The Mirak wrote:Some member told me that i was breaking the rules but i ain't taking that shit from some fucking noob i'm FIERCE right?
A- Nope, you're just stupid. If someone is telling you that you're breaking the rules and you ignore them (or worse, mock or insult them), i'll eventually take note of that and it won't end well

You make me proud, son.

Edit: Because I'm a pretty cool guy and I doesnt afraid of anything, I'll be a bro and shrink my sig down a tad.
Last edited by Ganon on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:48 am

List of people which signatures i've modified/deleted/ruined.

Zelosse - Fucked.
Grivous - Fucked.
Lily - Modified.
Hiryu - Modified.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:52 am

Asmodai - Deleted.
Dark Dragon - Modified.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:55 am

sam4books - Modified.
Q.U. - Modified.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:24 am

It might be useful to point out how text height works on this site. When you type
Code:
[size=150][/size]
, the number 150 is a percentile of the normal text size, so huge at 150 will be 1.5 times as tall. On a quick estimate Normal text measured about 16 pixels tall. So when messing with text and text sizes in the sig just do that math.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:05 am

Mastermind001 - Deleted.
Elend-X- Deleted.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:18 pm

What's a signature? Herpaderpa

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:13 pm

Why are some deleted and some modified? What are the qualifications for each?

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:44 pm

The qualifications are "fuck you" and "deleted". If your sig makes him say both, then it is.
If it only makes him say "fuck you" then it gets modified. If it only makes him say "deleted" then you have the word "deleted" somewhere in your sig and he is reading aloud.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:52 pm

One of these days I'll get around to making a sig. Then I'll make it a little too big just for Mir. :)

Wouldn't want the poor fella to get bored.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:36 am

Oh don't worry. As a mod, once you click on Clan Snafu, or RP, or Literature, you'll never get bored. There's literal barrels of fun in there.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:28 am

Ewww, Literature? Ewww...

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:14 am

The Mirak wrote:Oh don't worry. As a mod, once you click on Clan Snafu, or RP, or Literature, you'll never get bored. There's literal barrels of fun in there.

NO

THERE ARE METAPHORICAL BARRELS OF FUN.

IF YOU SAID THERE WERE LITERALLY THE EPITOME OF THE METAPHOR OF BARRELS OF FUN

YOU WOULD BE RIGHT

THERE ARE NO BARRELS IN THE WORLD THAT ARE FULL OF FUN AS A RESULT OF SNAFU COMICS.

that's it for today kids, on BR teaches critical evaluation like a a literary faghatchet

Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:32 pm

BeeAre wrote:ABLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:46 pm

YEAH FUCK YOU SQUIRREL

Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:26 am

i actually played trombone as a child this picture is an accurate depiction of me as a child with a trombone yelling at a squirrel (who is you in this metaphor) also your mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:29 am

Hehe. BR was a Tromboner. Heheheh.

Classic band humor.

I played the clarinet myself.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:39 am

lolz Mir's "niceness" gave me the giggles.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:23 am

I did think he looks pretty close to BR.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:48 pm

Uh oh my sig is too big I have too much invisible space D:

Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:52 pm

Pffft. Clarinet. What a fag.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:06 pm

Just because I put my mouth on a long black stick and blow does not make me a fag.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:48 pm

:?

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:20 am

You guys are sick lol
Topic locked