New Grim Tales "Drama Princess" 9/9/14

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Grim Tales "Drama Princess" 9/9/14

Postby Kihmiitehra » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:53 pm

Finally I get a chance to post a page. ^_^
"Kumi" for short! ^__^

If you can't tell by my avi, I'm actually female. :3

Please be gentle, I am thin-skinned >_<

Re: New Grim Tales "Drama Princess" 9/9/14

Postby dj1107 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:15 pm

F***me there's two of them now....
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Exodis » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:35 pm

Another Chi? I smell a harem :0)
The Universal Swordsman

Postby ULTRADJ » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:16 pm

It'd be more pleasant to hang my privates with barb wire while scaling a cliff covered in razors and lemon juice than to put up with two Chi's.
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby Higurashi » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:28 pm

Maybe the second one will develop a split personality, where she refuses to re-merge with the original. That'd be worth watching, but is unlikely.
((Made for me on another site by a wonderful artist named Bia!))
Equilibrium Manager

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:34 pm

No. I don't want to watch a second Chi go through character establishment.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Bad Dragon » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:39 pm

Just when the fans couldn't get enough of ONE CHI!!! :'D
Imperfection is Beauty, Madness is Genius, and it's Better to be Absolutely Ridiculous than Absolutely Boring.

My Twitch Account + My Anime/Gaming FB Page
Check out my Art Thread! Mostly Mass Effect for now but I'll be throwing in some more variation soon.
Lung Cancer YOLO

Postby OrangeBee » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:54 pm

We bouts to see some progressionnnn?
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby DarkKing » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:03 am

OrangeBee wrote:We bouts to see some progressionnnn?

Maybe in the next couple of months. I seriously think these last two pages could have been one. The only valuable piece of information we got from this page is that Chi has some of her dad's invulnerability.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:10 am

I think a solid 40% of updates were either unnecessary or could've been a apart of another page.

Also, I hardly find that information valuable at all. It was rather known/obvious.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby DarkKing » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:00 am

Yeah I had already assumed she did, I just like having characters in the story confirm stuff like that themselves.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Rosy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:56 am

Okay, this was unexpected . Really seems werid having two chi . I'm pretty sure that second chi is going to the castle while the original stay's behind. That's all I got from seeing TWO chi.
" your hopes have become my burden.
I will find my own liberation..."
-Black
When we became friends awesomeness walked in.

Postby Higurashi » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:18 pm

Wonder why he just doesn't go and post the lesbian Chi-on-Chi sex scene that it'd seem likely he'd have gone and drawn.
Equilibrium Manager

Postby ULTRADJ » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:17 pm

I think Bleed has some sort of obsessive thing with his own OC, Chi, himself. I think he thinks that if he draws her more and more, she'll come to life and love him forever. Either that, or he's an incredibly shitty storyteller.
Just Rockin

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:32 pm

Rosy wrote:Okay, this was unexpected . Really seems weird having two chi . I'm pretty sure that second chi is going to the castle while the original stay's behind. That's all I got from seeing TWO chi.

Actually, it may be the other way around. If I was in Chi's place, I might let the clone stay behind and go myself. Create a visual doppelgänger with just enough intelligence/character to fool the servants/daddy, then slip off to the castle herself. NO WAY she would let anyone ELSE rescue her beloved. Plus if she lets the clone go, there'd be a risk of IT getting any "reward" Mimi might bestow on her rescuer.

Also, A clone of herself, wearing Mimi's fuku. Chi's libido probably IS getting pretty stoked up.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:35 pm

I prefer Mon's idea. Her clone may be getting sent to school or w/e, and the real Chi goes Rambo.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:18 pm

I like that idea better also but I get the feeling that if that were the plan, explaining it might actually take a couple of pages longer.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Higurashi » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:07 am

I also have recently begun to wonder, does Bleed actually have a pre-written/thought-up plot/storyline that he's following at this point, or is he just going at it one at a time? (Making it up as he goes basically.) Unfortunately I'm inclined to say that it is the latter, as it is a plausible explanation for him not getting to the friggin point. If he had an endpoint that he was trying to actively move towards, this would already be over with.

Additional thought (edited in): Is it really 'fanservice' if the fans (if we could be called such a term by this point) aren't getting anything out of it?
Equilibrium Manager

Postby Guardian » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:29 am

Exodis wrote:Another Chi? I smell a harem :0)

Krest seems lonely. Want to join him?
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:31 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:I prefer Mon's idea. Her clone may be getting sent to school or w/e, and the real Chi goes Rambo.

I doubt Chi will be attending any kind of school. I think Bleed just wanted an excuse to put Chi in a Japanese schoolgirl uniform. I see a lot of pantie shots in our future.

Higurashi wrote:I also have recently begun to wonder, does Bleed actually have a pre-written/thought-up plot/storyline that he's following at this point, or is he just going at it one at a time? (Making it up as he goes basically.) Unfortunately I'm inclined to say that it is the latter, as it is a plausible explanation for him not getting to the friggin point. If he had an endpoint that he was trying to actively move towards, this would already be over with.

I've had this same thought plenty of times before. I think you're right. In the other thread me and Tenshi were talking about how this whole thing with Megaville and the fall of heroes, has felt completely half-assed from the start. I think there are a lot plot points in this story that Bleed has just never thought all the way through.

Higurashi wrote:Additional thought (edited in): Is it really 'fanservice' if the fans (if we could be called such a term by this point) aren't getting anything out of it?

Another good point. I guess it's only "servicing" the fans that are into the same shit as he is. Like Tenshi said: the fanservice in this comic sometimes feels awkward and uncomfortable (like Aku and Him a few pages back), which defeats the purpose.
Last edited by Havoc on Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:48 am

Havoc wrote:
Higurashi wrote:I also have recently begun to wonder, does Bleed actually have a pre-written/thought-up plot/storyline that he's following at this point, or is he just going at it one at a time? (Making it up as he goes basically.) Unfortunately I'm inclined to say that it is the latter, as it is a plausible explanation for him not getting to the friggin point. If he had an endpoint that he was trying to actively move towards, this would already be over with.

I've had this same thought plenty of times before. I think you're right. In the other thread me and Tenshi were talking about how this whole thing with Megaville and the fall of heroes, has felt completely half-assed from the start. I think there are a lot plot points in this story that Bleed has just never thought all the way through.
I am pretty sure all of his comics are written one page at a time. Beyond that I'm not sure how well planned they are but I would assume there is at least an idea of where they are heading.
Blood Lord wrote:Krest seems lonely. Want to join him?
Is he really lonely? I assumed he would just move on but he must have really liked this place if he still wanted to be here after all this time. Maybe it would be okay to let him rejoin? He must have learned to be more humble by now.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Havoc » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:28 am

ari-6 wrote:I am pretty sure all of his comics are written one page at a time. Beyond that I'm not sure how well planned they are but I would assume there is at least an idea of where they are heading.

I hope you're right, and that Bleed is at least somewhat competent. I still really wish he'd get someone new to write the story for this and SB; someone who's actually good at it. But what I'm saying is that things like Megaville and Grim Jr's real dad, Bleed never thought all the way through.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:16 am

Havoc wrote:
Tenshi Nova wrote:I prefer Mon's idea. Her clone may be getting sent to school or w/e, and the real Chi goes Rambo.

I doubt Chi will be attending any kind of school. I think Bleed just wanted an excuse to put Chi in a Japanese schoolgirl uniform. I see a lot of pantie shots in our future.

Actually, isn't this the second time we've seen Chi in a fuku? Her clothes from the concert in the "flashback" dream a few dozen pages ago certainly seem to qualify. Unless that "flashback" really was all in Mimi's head I (i.e. I was just a dream, Skulker never kidnapped Chiat all) and what we saw (including the separate art) was simply Mimi's own fuku fetish fantasy (actually I never thought about it, but if it is, that could explain the thick, cartoony gloves with Chi's concert costume. After having lost hers, maybe Mimi has hand envy.)

Update. Forget the glove thing, I just noticed she only has them in ONE drawing (the "fan photo" one)
Last edited by Mon-Kitsune on Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby ULTRADJ » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:33 am

I think the flash back was another sorta plot point Bleed had yet to think through. I can see him planning up to her getting electrocuted and then "Welp, I'll figure out what happens next later, so I'll make it a flash back. Now, time to draw Chi for the next 30 pages."

Higurashi wrote:Additional thought (edited in): Is it really 'fanservice' if the fans (if we could be called such a term by this point) aren't getting anything out of it?

Havoc wrote:Another good point. I guess it's only "servicing" the fans that are into the same shit as he is. Like Tenshi said: the fanservice in this comic sometimes feels awkward and uncomfortable (like Aku and Him a few pages back), which defeats the purpose.

You know, I find it really bad and sad that even Bleed can mess up the simplicity of fan service. I don't like fan service, but how can you mess that up!? He did with his disturbing fantasy of Aku and "Kare"(Him).
Just Rockin

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:05 pm

Still hoping that the flashback was foreshadowing Skulker's introduction and involvement.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)