New Grim Tales Comic: Close Cut Call

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Grim Tales Comic: Close Cut Call

Postby Sigment » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:46 pm

Not much to say here, other than that Mandy's face looks a bit better than the last page.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Re: New Grim Tales Comic: Close Cut Call

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:58 pm

In panel 2 it still looks way off to me.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Havoc » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:26 pm

I said the same thing in the other thread. Her nose looks weird. She kind of reminds me of Proboscis monkey.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:13 pm

The page tried to be dramatic and failed. It also tried to end on a high note to distract people from noticing how pointless all the information on the page was, which was evidently successful to an extent. I don't think there's anything on the page, we all didn't already know.

Also, Mandy's dialogue seems off. I don't get the Mandy feel from it. I'm trying to figure out what it is. :p
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJ » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:26 pm

What I wrote on the other thread seems to have disappeared. I basically said at first glance I immediately hated the page, which is a new record for me on a GT. As for the content within, well, let's look at it. We still see the crappy corrupted bull shit sword that should not be at all, then we look at a glance at the downfall of Megaville. Granted, it's just a incredibly small glance and we still know next to shit about what happened, but now we can speculate? Probably not since, again, we know nothing. Next, it seems our couple of death will be leaving for a week to meet with the other warlords, and apparently, there's suddenly and Elder Council! Now, what does this mean, will we get to see all the warlords in one place and the Elder Council sometime this year? Maybe not, but we do have a hilarious scene of Him getting drunk with Aku *chuckles*

......It's not funny, nothing in this page is. This piqued my curiosity just a tad, but it didn't give us anything satisfying. What do I get the feeling, and knowing Bleed's "amazing" story telling, that Him is going to pull some bull shit move to maybe kill this Elder Council and some how start the war using that god knows what else. It's not going to be a satisfying conclusion, and it's obvious this once the focus is taken off these two, we get right back to the "plot" of Chi and her well thought out rescue plan shit. It feels like needless padding, and by now, it almost doesn't surprise me.

Also, Mandy said "shit"! Shouldn't that be censored? :o
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby Havoc » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:09 am

The most interesting thing for me on this page, was the brief dialog in the second panel surrounding Jack's sword. However I just thought of something: If Him is shitfaced, maybe that means he'll get all chatty and revile somethings about Megaville, Chi's creation, or if he has any plans about anything with this war biz. Then again, that would actually be progress in the plot, and god knows we can't have that.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:09 am

Did nobody notice that Grim's accent just...disappeared? He sounds way too 'formal' in his speech.

Postby Sigment » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:59 am

I find it funny that they put both "the" and "de" in Grim's text. Not in the same bubble, but they're both there. Apparently, they aren't all that eager to try to replicate Grim's speech patterns compared to a while back in the comic.

But really, overall, the dialogue on this page looks terrible in terms of grammar. Pretty sure Grim's "You... didn't." was supposed to be a question, yet there it is with a period, making it look like a statement. Last time I checked proofreading was NEK's job (or at least one of them) for GT, so I can't really say I'm surprised.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:23 pm

It could be worse. It could be over-done. Like when I was writing when I was nine. No French or southern character was intelligible.

But still. I prefer 'de' to 'the' cuz It's Grim and it's his only foothold in the Bitch Palace.

I think Mandy's face is meant to reflect back on what she actually looks like. It's that she was unrealistically 'pretty' in the beginni- I mean- Every single page before this arc.

If the last panel was supposed to break us out of the grim and dim feel of the castle, Him's laughter should be exploding off the page to grab our attention.

Wait, is Him still at Aku's house?

Wonder who the Elder council is. My cameo sense is tingling! I demand Helga and eyeless ponies!

And- it actually would have been awesome, in a melancholy way, if Mandy killed Grim. Eek. XD
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Nell-X » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:47 pm

Nek writes like a five year old. *drops the mic*
Do not read.

Failed...
It is never Lupus

Postby OrangeBee » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:52 pm

yay! We're gonna have to go through more bs just to see this war which will much much be unsatisfying
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:00 pm

The grammar is fucked up on this page.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:31 pm

Nell-X wrote:Nek writes like a five year old. *drops the mic*

I feel like you've said this before.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:50 pm

His jokes seem to be as overused as his act.
The Kid

Postby OrangeBee » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:36 am

Exodis wrote:His jokes seem to be as overused as his act.

THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:57 am

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:
And- it actually would have been awesome, in a melancholy way, if Mandy killed Grim. Eek. XD

Err, Grim can't be killed. Grim is Death itself. You can't get more dead than that. ;)

As for this page, I'm really bummed seeing Grim's speech being f*cked up like that. It would be like having Minnie losing her old-fashioned way of speech.

I'd better shut up before I'm giving anyone ideas. :eek:

Postby OrangeBee » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:48 am

Lolwutpear_126 wrote:
GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:

Err, Grim can't be killed. Grim is Death itself. You can't get more dead than that. ;)

As for this page, I'm really bummed seeing Grim's speech being f*cked up like that. It would be like having Minnie losing her old-fashioned way of speech.

I'd better shut up before I'm giving anyone ideas. :eek:

Death can only die by his own scythe
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

ShitPoster

Postby Nell-X » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:28 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I feel like you've said this before.

Indeed I have. Solely because it's becoming more evident.
Do not read.

Failed...
It is never Lupus

Postby ULTRADJ » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:48 pm

Um, this kind of relates to this new page being released, but on the front page of Snafu, when I try to go to the post beneath the new page, the post where NEK says his one liner, I try to go there but it says the requested topic doesn't exist. Anybody else getting that?
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby Nell-X » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:29 pm

ULTRADJ wrote:Um, this kind of relates to this new page being released, but on the front page of Snafu, when I try to go to the post beneath the new page, the post where NEK says his one liner, I try to go there but it says the requested topic doesn't exist. Anybody else getting that?

Same here. Confirmed.
Do not read.

Failed...
It is never Lupus

Postby F.U.N.K V.O.L.U.M.E » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:53 pm

Unlike everyone else, the first thing I thought when I read the page was "finally, the story is actually taking a step forward." I'm kinda optimistic about the future of the series, hoping all of this is actually going somewhere. I don't know if that's just naivette or what
You're evil, insane, have no life, and nothing to do cause they haven't invented re-runs of The Golden Girls yet-Nico Minoru
Freedom without individuality is not strength-Vergil
I'm doing this to show you I'm not afraid to die. Never cross a man not afraid to die-Malcolm X
You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders-Jor-El
Your mother and I believed Krypton lost something precious, the element of choice, of chance. What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?-Jor-El
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent-Qui-Gon Jinn

Postby Nell-X » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:16 pm

F.U.N.K V.O.L.U.M.E wrote:Unlike everyone else, the first thing I thought when I read the page was "finally, the story is actually taking a step forward." I'm kinda optimistic about the future of the series, hoping all of this is actually going somewhere. I don't know if that's just naivette or what

Do not read.

Failed...
It is never Lupus

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:06 pm

ULTRADJ wrote:Um, this kind of relates to this new page being released, but on the front page of Snafu, when I try to go to the post beneath the new page, the post where NEK says his one liner, I try to go there but it says the requested topic doesn't exist. Anybody else getting that?

Some times I mess with the threads and merge them together, since we have three threads of the same one. Whichever thread gets merged is lost and normally results in the error you get. but I haven't played with this one yet.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Mercen-X » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:08 am

That's weird...

Anyway, "Charles in Charge"
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree

Postby Bandit » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:41 am

Havoc wrote:The most interesting thing for me on this page, was the brief dialog in the second panel surrounding Jack's sword. However I just thought of something: If Him is shitfaced, maybe that means he'll get all chatty and revile somethings about Megaville, Chi's creation, or if he has any plans about anything with this war biz. Then again, that would actually be progress in the plot, and god knows we can't have that.

No we can't. Few can handle 'nother frame in this frame narrative. No Thank You

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)