New Invader Zim: "Hadoupig"

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

New Invader Zim: "Hadoupig"

Postby silvercover » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:27 pm

well I think its safe to say that they dont really have any goal for this comic and bleed just wants to mess around.

as a side note though, I dont understand where the "pig" from the title comes from. obviously it came from hadouken, but the pig part is a reference I dont get.
anyone explain? is it from zim?
Romance Expert

Re: New Invader Zim: "Hadoupig"

Postby Blaycon » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:16 pm

The Hadouken Ryu-Dib makes is pig shapped.
It seems every videogame in Invader Zim has pigs in it and he kept the theme here.

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:16 pm

Yup. We gonna get an incestuous bathing scene. Told ya.

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:54 pm

Well..... Not sure what to say to this other than, I think I'm done now. Also, this would be the first time NEK admits he has very little control over what happens
2014. A shitty fucking year!
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Fan_the_Flames » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:07 pm

So...I will give them credit for the initial idea. The Irkens using video games and Gaz in order to formulate new fighting and battle strategies is pretty intriguing to me. It also feels like something that I could have seen happening in the series. So that initial idea was fun and interesting.

But there's really no excuse for this. At the very least NEK is being upfront and this is essentially Bleed wanting to do some more fanservice panels. And considering the game flat out says it's adults only, you can guarantee we'll get about as close to that as we can before Dib or Gaz figures out a way to pull the plug. Either way, meh all around.

Postby Sigment » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:19 pm

I'm sorry, but this page just felt like a waste of time. The only relevant part was establishing Dibs' whereabouts after Tak captured them.

Bleedman wrote:NEK: ...yeah not my call. but gotta admit It does raise the question of how that would play out lol.

Ahh, but why couldn't it have been his call? If he's really the editor, he could've said "No, it'd be a better idea to just push forward with the plot." Instead, Bleed says he wants to does this, and he just agrees to it.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:37 am

You still thinking in terms of plot and relevance? This isn't just a waste of time. It's poorly written, poorly laid out both in story and page arrangement, bad taste and probably a very obvious sign of what to expect from now on. I love how they decided that showing the fight was a pointless waste of time even though they are somehow evenly matched (Almost like someone never even watched the show), but badly written incest jokes and fanservice is definitely worth the time.

Also, anyone else notice how Tak has started calling him "Dibs"? I would hope for poor spell checking but I think it's intentional

Postby Sigment » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:40 am

Not just in Tak's speech. It also says "DIBS" on the screen behind her where under his "health bar". I think someone thought that was actually his name.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJ » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:56 am

Dibs? His name has three. Fucking. Letters. How is it you can't get that right.
"Onii-chan Simulator". Ho fucking gosh, here we go like usual. We were getting somewhere, even if it was slow, but now Bleed's gonna ruin it as per usual with stupid incest and naked loli's that he loves so much. And NEK being a total pushover and wingman? What else is new?
Pro Snafu Mods Supporter 2k15
Just Rockin

Postby shadownerd221 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:53 am

Well now... time for some incest jokes to float around.

Postby Havoc » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:28 am

This is just....wow. I agree with what everyone else has said. Although I'll admit part of me is still sort interested, I'm still pissed at how shamelessly they just through this pathetic excuse for fansevice in our face.

ari-6 wrote:I like you Pear. You always have a unique perspective hat no one else thought of. Well, besides Mutt in this case I guess. That's some nice Giger reference dropping there.

Havoc wrote:I often wonder if this was in anyway what Happy (the original creator) had planned for this comic. Something tells me 'no'. This comic doesn't feel the same as it did when I read the first few pages made by Happy. Those first few pages had a lot of action, and foreshadowing. It was well written, gripping, and exciting. This on the other hand, is suffering really badly from "NEK syndrome". All-in-all, this only makes me wish I could have read the comic Happy intended to make.

I really think you might be overestimating her. There really is not much to go on for whether she was a decent writor or not. I know it's easy to look at bad writing and think "This would be so much better if only the real writer where here" but for all you know, like Bleed, her talents lay in art over story. Also, back when the switch first happened, bleed did mentioned that he had talked to her about how it would have continued. Um..... Well actually his exact words where something involving cupcakes or secret recipes but I'm pretty sure that what he meant. So for all you know, this is more or less how it would have gone.

I'm just saying, I got a better vibe from this comic, back when I read the first few pages. Sadly, we'll never truly know the extent of Happy's skills as a writer, nor will we know what this comic could have been like under her control.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:18 am

Okay, holy shit. This thing just took a U turn so hard that I can't believe it.
Its almost funny.
I'm guessing its no coincidence that the cover of "Girl Wants to Fuck Her Brother Simulator 2015" has a girl who just happens to bare more than a passing resemblance to Gaz. I would give this the benefit of the doubt and assue its going to be a shot at these crappy incest plots in anime that were written by people who have no idea how the human mind actually works, but you all know the people behind this comic better than me, so I'm inclined to believe you since I'm still new here compared to most of you and I don't read Bleed's work often.

You know something guys.
I was this close to being one of the people who went up to bat for this comic. I actually thought it might end up being good.
Granted it comes from my wild ass imagination and the basic idea of a plot like the episode that Tak appeared in was another, "Enemy of my enemy is my friend" story.

I was sitting in around and I all of a sudden had this brain storm at where the comic might be going.

I was beginning to expect that since the comic laid out Tak's plot all out in a nice little bow that it would find other ways to entertain us.

I was expecting this big over the top series of temporary truces and double crosses where alliences where gone as soon as they came.
Alliances would form and fall in a story where none of the characters could be fully trusted with the exception of course being Dib and Gaz and they would ultimately become closer from this and by closer I don't mean in the way the comic seems to be going. Not anything too mushy, just them learning to trust each other more.
The rivalry between Zim and Tak would be explored more and at some point the two Irkans would form a team up against the humans with Tak promising him power and appealing to both his arrogance and his frustration. I would end with them trying to double cross each other of course, but it would be a chance to maybe go into the idea of just how hard someone like Tak can hold onto a grudge and how much of a vindictive dip-shit Zim is.

I expected that Zim, Dib and Gaz would team up against Tak to fight back of course just like in the episode Tak appeared in and at some point Tak would be on the ropes.
In my head I pictured it being something like Zim removing Tak's backpack, because as said in the DVD commentary by Jhonen himself, the backpacks actually have the Irkan brain inside of them and if the backpack was detached from them, they would start to become husks overtime if they didn't get it back on.
Another concept I would like to see explored more because it was something that sadly the show never got the chance to do. It was just interesting to me that the Irkan body wasn't really where they were, their minds were in their backpacks.

Anyways, with Tak on the ropes, Zim turns on the human siblings to do away with his enemies all at once and from there it become one double cross and union after another and alliances are formed and broken in seconds.

Give how sporadic the show was it could have been a high energy, face paced thriller with a lot of humor thrown in that still found some places to slow down to give the audience a breather and turn the whole, "Enemy of my enemy is my friend" trope on its head in a silly and hopefully interesting way.

A tale where loyalties were shaky between everyone with the exception of the Membrain siblings because they're in this together as humans, family and the only ones who don't want to rip the other one's head off.
It also could have explored the idea that there was more to Dib and Gaz's relationship other than, ANGST! ANGST! ANGST! And at the end of the day despite their issues with each other they're still family.

Not to mention think of the possibilities that the complicated relationships of these characters who aren't really all that stable to being with would give you if you had the chance to write about them. By which I mean all four of these characters.
A chance to write something based off of Jhonen's somewhat disturbed characters would be a dream and granted some of the ideas I had for where the comic might have been going weren't the best, it still made me interested at the possibilities it had due all in part to how nuts these characters are and how fun it would actually be to write something about them and really get into those fucked up heads of theirs.

Probably my fault for letting myself get too excited over something.

Ya'll might not hear from me much in the coming pages, not that its any different.
Bark

Postby Tuor » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:02 am

You think about things a lot, eh?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:06 am

Seems like it, huh?
Like I said, my imagination and my thoughts in general has a really big habit of running wild. Also, I'm able to multitask with a lot of things so I could be doing something like, drawing something or just working on something or whatever and my mind will start to wonder. It happens on its own at this point.
Bark

Postby Lorna » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:20 am

I really wish that you were the writer instead. You put so much thought in to it.

Postby Mimeme » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:14 am

The comic started out interesting just like any other artists'/writers' take on the series, but lately it has been bouncing erratically between intriguing and face-palming, and (how do I say it without sounding like a hardcore fan?) very inconsistent with what we're familiar with about the show (especially the OOC-ness of the characters). I'm also surprised that Tak and Mimi opt to keep their holograms on within the confines of her base.

Agreeing with previous posts, here's hoping that we'll get to the main plot rather than indulge in odd subjects that might not lend a significant role or push the story forward (although I've a feeling that it will be pushed as a main subplot). Even if it does, I'm also going to hope that there will be a strong explanation as to why it should be there and how the characters evolve(d) to the writer's/artist's intention of the story.

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:30 am

Remember when everyone was asking when the Invader Zim comic would continue?

Sheesh. Those were the days, afternoons spent in youthful optimism.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:18 pm

Lorna wrote:I really wish that you were the writer instead. You put so much thought in to it.

Thanks Lorna I appreciate the thought, but even if my little wall of text got any amount of notice there's no way it would happen.
Bark

Postby ari-6 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:18 pm

Birdofterror wrote:Remember when everyone was asking when the Invader Zim comic would continue?
That's how you spent your afternoons? You must be really disappointed.

Havoc wrote:I'm just saying, I got a better vibe from this comic, back when I read the first few pages. Sadly, we'll never truly know the extent of Happy's skills as a writer, nor will we know what this comic could have been like under her control.
No no, before my point stood by now....? You can at least bet that if she had written this, there wouldn't anything like this happening.

Mad-Mutt wrote:I was expecting this big over the top series of temporary truces and double crosses where alliences where gone as soon as they came.
Alliances would form and fall in a story where none of the characters could be fully trusted with the exception of course being Dib and Gaz and they would ultimately become closer from this and by closer I don't mean in the way the comic seems to be going. Not anything too mushy, just them learning to trust each other more.
The rivalry between Zim and Tak would be explored more and at some point the two Irkans would form a team up against the humans with Tak promising him power and appealing to both his arrogance and his frustration. I would end with them trying to double cross each other of course, but it would be a chance to maybe go into the idea of just how hard someone like Tak can hold onto a grudge and how much of a vindictive dip-shit Zim is.
I was hoping for giant robot battles. Seeming much less likely to happen. Sigh.
Last edited by ari-6 on Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:21 pm

I'd like to have seen that and at least one dog fight out in outer space between Tak and Gaz both piloting alien ships.

I probably won't get that either.
Bark

Postby ari-6 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:30 pm

I was hoping that Tak had some big elaborate plan to trick Gaz into piloting a giant mech and tricking the resisty into teaming up with her by telling them she was turning on the empire only in the end to reveal it was all a trap to deliver the resisty into a trap and get the Tallest to notice her, only for the tallest to once again show that they don't care about anyone but themselves. Then after a speech from Dib she realises this an turns on them for real. Then giant space robot battles ensue.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:39 pm

In the words of Zim himself, "Destruction is nice!"

I also had this funny little image in my head of Tak flying off into space and Gaz hopping into Tak's old ship and Dib asking what she's doing to which Gaz turns to her brother and just plainly says, "I'm gonna go kill the bitch. Might stop at Bloaties Pizza Hog after I'm done, want anything?"
And then Dib meekly replies, "I'd like Pig shake with porky tacos."
Bark

Postby Sigment » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:54 pm

ari-6 wrote:
Birdofterror wrote:Remember when everyone was asking when the Invader Zim comic would continue?
That's how you spent your afternoons? You must be really disappointed.

It's "careful what you wish for" in a nutshell.

The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Lerianis » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:27 am

Personally, I feel that the comic is fine. Sure, the whole "Imouto smex game!" thing came out of right field, but considering that Tak set up Gaz with her 'dream game system' to pump her for information, battle and otherwise, with the Irkens probably having no sense as an asexual race of age-appropriate games.... not a surprise this came up and I would have been surprised if it had NOT come up.

Postby Tuor » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:46 am

What does asexuality have to do with perceptions of age appropriateness?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)