New Grim Tales - "Mouthful of Information" (9/21/14)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Grim Tales - "Mouthful of Information" (9/21/14)

Postby ULTRADJ » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:19 pm

I swear to God. 30 dollars, 30 god damn dollars I will bet Bleed wants to nail Chi (and maybe Mimi) because he's drawing her so much. Other than a simple conversation between the two, Chi's face at the last panel (the Chi on the right), what the hell? I had to look closer to see what exactly it was, and I didn't want to since it's so creepy, and I still can't half tell what it's supposed to be.
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Re: New Grim Tales - "Mouthful of Information" (9/21/14)

Postby Higurashi » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:07 pm

I can't tell what her face is either. My best guess would be... a creepy leer?

Other thoughts about this page:
1. The only thing that this page did plotwise was confirm that the 'original' Chi is going to be the one going to Castle Grim.
2. Demo would make a good portable hot plate, help keep those burgers warm.
3. Seifuku... that's basically a sailor/school uniform right? (Reminds me a little bit of Senketsu from Kill la Kill .)
4. Bleed has obviously sold out to/been taking endorsements from Coke and McDonalds with all that product placement.
5. I've not a doubt that Bleed has a repertoire of hentai images for all his female characters. (All the underaged ones anyways, possibly but not likely for Mandy.)
6. Do the posters around the room change what images they show? I'm pretty sure a previous shot from a similar angle showed something different.
((Made for me on another site by a wonderful artist named Bia!))
Equilibrium Manager

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:24 pm

Actually Chi Prime's reaction doesn't make that much sense. She's presumably had the fuku hanging up in her shrine for ages. She could have put it on any time she wanted. So why does the thought of putting it on now thrill her so much? Has the thought never occurred to her? And if the reason she's so excited is the thought of her clone stripping, again why? It's not like she's going to see anything she hasn't seen in the mirror a hundred times before. Unless she's planning to gendershift like daddy so they can "do the deed". We may be heading into Harlan Ellison/Erotophobia situation (BTW if she does bone her clone, does that count as intercourse or masturbation? Just curious).

Oh and based on this page, I think one of the ones coming up soon may offer a clue as to whether the Skulker incident actually ever happened.

Oh and Higurashi #3, Yes that's the Japanese word for them. I think it's an abbreviation/Japanaization of the words for "Sailor Suit". Don't know the word for the male equivalent (those tunic like things with the short round collars)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Megadon » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:28 pm

Okay, so I'm not the only one confused about Chi's face in the last panel. Cause I couldn't tell if that was her eye or a weird double smile. Like the Mimi Bikini fan pic on the wall. That's a lot of burgers. It's an okay page but it's not really one his best works, and he's still just filling the story. I just seriously hope we get serious stuff later.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby dj1107 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:23 pm

More Chi

Postby Havoc » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:44 pm

FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK! Can we please just get on with the story already!?

*sigh*.....Y'know, call me crazy, but I do believe this comic use to be about the children of Mandy and Grim from Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. Their names were Minnie Mandy and Grim Jr. And if I recall, they didn't spend 20 to 30 pages fucking about like there's no tomorrow.

I seawr to god, Chi's a fucking cancer on this comic. But it doesn't even matter now. I've had enough. I don't even read these Chi infested shit pages anymore. I just skim them, and roll my eyes afterwords. Until this starts showing sighs of progress, I'm just gonna let it run its coarse.

ULTRADJ wrote:I swear to God. 30 dollars, 30 god damn dollars I will bet Bleed wants to nail Chi (and maybe Mimi) because he's drawing her so much

I think you're totally right. This comic has become nothing more than Bleedman personifying his unhealthy sexual fixation for his own characters. Next to that, the story doesn't mean shit.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:11 am

Mon-Kitsune wrote:Actually Chi Prime's reaction doesn't make that much sense. She's presumably had the fuku hanging up in her shrine for ages. She could have put it on any time she wanted. So why does the thought of putting it on now thrill her so much? Has the thought never occurred to her? And if the reason she's so excited is the thought of her clone stripping, again why?
I would guess that, given Demongo's surprise and praise of her recent action, that she has never perfected the art of splitting herself in half. Then again Demongo was also surprised to see that she perfected the art of hacking herself through a phone line. She does what she wants apparently.

I would assume that seeing the dress on herself (if she has ever done that up till now) didn't excite her as much as seeing it on another person, and having on a clone of herself leads her to the conclusion that this person in front of her has the same sexual kinks she does, which would lead to them both liking this event. But seeing as how "main" Chi is making a bigger deal out of it would lead me to my original conclusion of it simply never crossing her mind, because she hadn't seen it on another person before.
Havoc wrote:*sigh*.....Y'know, call me crazy, but I do believe this comic use to be about the children of Mandy and Grim from Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. Their names were Minnie Mandy and Grim Jr. And if I recall, they didn't spend 20 to 30 pages fucking about like there's no tomorrow.
From page 91 to page 117.

That was Junior landing in a new world, finding the Angel, finding Mimi, finding Jeff, finding Him, finding his sister, engaging his sister and Him, being saved, escaping, and finding refuge. 26 pages.

Now, how long has Mimi been in this castle? WHAM started with page 138. WE ARE NOW ON PAGE 295. The comic has eclipsed itself in duration in the time it took to do ONE thing. WHICH ISN'T OVER BY THE WAY. Junior locked in the other world took 26 pages, we've gone on well over 150 pages and continuing.

What the fuck happened?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:37 am

I think this is just a bleedman thing, which both of his editors are FAILING to control. All of his comics are in "fucking around" mode.

Postby Tuor » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:44 am

They might be but I feel like all they can do is attempt to steer him the right way, except it's like trying to steer a runaway 18 wheeler with broken axles
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:47 am

I gotta say this page has the worst art in it I've seen in this comic so far. What's up with Chi's face in the first panel? It seems horribly simplified and quickly drawn. Then Chi's eye (the panel where she is blushing) seems also weird from that angle, her iris's posiion, I mean. As for the failed attempt at chibi Chis... Umm... Yeah, Rapeface Chi looks weird to me as well. It's almost as if Bleed didn't draw this page himself, but let someone else do it for him.

I still like Chi as a character (I adore her design), but I agree with all of you, the story must move on. It's been dragging on for too long now. :unsure:

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:28 am

Birdofterror wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:Actually Chi Prime's reaction doesn't make that much sense. She's presumably had the fuku hanging up in her shrine for ages. She could have put it on any time she wanted. So why does the thought of putting it on now thrill her so much? Has the thought never occurred to her? And if the reason she's so excited is the thought of her clone stripping, again why?
I would guess that, given Demongo's surprise and praise of her recent action, that she has never perfected the art of splitting herself in half. Then again Demongo was also surprised to see that she perfected the art of hacking herself through a phone line. She does what she wants apparently.

I would assume that seeing the dress on herself (if she has ever done that up till now) didn't excite her as much as seeing it on another person, and having on a clone of herself leads her to the conclusion that this person in front of her has the same sexual kinks she does, which would lead to them both liking this event. But seeing as how "main" Chi is making a bigger deal out of it would lead me to my original conclusion of it simply never crossing her mind, because she hadn't seen it on another person before.

Except Mimi of course. Assuming that the fuku is Mimi's ACTUAL, personal one as opposed to simply another copy (which is could easily be, I mean one of the important things about school uniforms is that all of the copies look more or less the same) I tend to think that Chi-prime probably never put it on for fear of damage, not only to the uniform itself (with the abrupt temper tantrums Chi has been shown to have, and her body shifting ability I would imagine that her tearing her clothes is not exactly an uncommon occurrence, even if we haven't seen her do it yet.) but to any residual sweat, skin cells etc. of Mimi that may still be on it (given the kind of worship Chi has for Mimi, you KNOW that, if she got her hands on clothing Mimi had actually worn, there is NO WAY she'd have ever washed it) . Putting it on may be sort of "forbidden fruit" and therefore exiting. If my guess about why she hasn't worn it before is correct, she already has broken one taboo (if you had a set of clothing you valued , would YOU let someone eat a gushy, sloppy burger in it?)

Don't think we'll be seeing the actual clothes exchange though (at least not on the public comic, in Bleed's "private material" who knows) I just realized Chi-beta probably isn't wearing any underwear.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby xbox432 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:43 pm

Eh, the only problem I really noticed (Besides the rape face at the bottom) was Chi's left foot in panel one looks like all the toes except her big one have been chopped off... or it looks like a clenched fist?

On a positive note, I'm liking the fact that the shadows are so detailed in the second. A lot of the artists fo a lot of the comics I"m reading either completely ignore that aspect or just put in blotches. Also, that is one delicious looking burger... God I wish I could eat something that didn't come from the mess hall. Oh, and blushing Chi is adorable Chi.
And the monkey flips the switch.
Luna Is Best Princess

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)