My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:10 pm

The eyes in that video will haunt me all night.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Grieffon » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:18 pm

What do you all think about each of the mane 6, as they are right now?

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:08 pm

All I know is Twilight will be (temporarily I hope) OP in the season finally, so, I'm scared of Twilight's Equestrian takover XD
AppleJack it getting fleshed out more and more slowly as a character, and I want to see more of her character in the future.
Rarity is, well, okay I guess. She's a fashionista and beyond that episode of Manehatten (I think), not much to say on her.
Pinkie Pie's still Pinkie Pie, meaning incredibly funny and I want to see more of her sisters.
Fluttershy is also getting on some good development, like the breezie episode, so can't wait to see out timid Pegasus in the future.
And finally Rainbow Dash. What's to say about her other that she's still the cool mare we all know and love, especially with her recent episode, and will continue her style like always.
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:23 pm

Interesting question.

Rainbow Dash:
She's my favorite character. And after the latest episode introducing how she scans stuff while flying she's even cooler to me.
I kind of have an affinity for tomboy characters like her and characters that have faith in themselves. Yeah she has moments of doubt, but she always has this nice amount of self respect and self confidence. Out of all the mane 6 she seems like the coolest to me and the one who you could easily hang out with, she seems like the kind of person (pony) who could get along with anyone and make friends easily. She's just a fun character to me.

Twilight:
Despite the fact that she's being forced in a shit tone of directions so Hasbro can pimp more alicorn toys and rainbow power to more kids (which I would be really interested in seeing what happened if sales failed to meet expectations) I like her personality wise.
The writers have been trying to keep her a bit of an odd ball and down to earth. That part where she showed her funny eating habits in Twilight time is still funny to me and Lesson Zero is my favorite episode so Twi gets a pass forever for that one.
Her character and image is in an odd spot right now and I wonder where she'll be by this season's end. Will she even still live in her library? Will she even still live in Ponyville?

Rarity:
I like her when she has her crazy chick moments and when her bitchy side shows. Some people liked to talk shit about her in the beginning for that last part, but I loved it.
My favorite Raribitch moment was when the Cakes were all like, "Hey can you watch our kids, because we really don't want to leave them alone with our employee."
And Rarity is all like, "Nope."
She doesn't even make up a reason, she just says "no" it made me laugh.
Lately though, she's been toned down and they've made her more three dimensional.

Fluttershy:
I've said it before, I like her when she's having panic attacks and is about to lose her mind. I don't know why, but the more stress I see her under the more I like her. Her vivid hallucinations help to.
They do a lot of stuff with Fluttershy, like turning her into a vampire and having her be one of the few ponies who can even keep Discord under some kind of control. They've been giving her a lot of stuff lately. Some say its too much, but there wasn't much there to work with in the beginning. When it comes to shy characters its just the same joke over and over again, they're shy so you need to add stuff and give them more of a personality and I'd argue that's what they've been trying to do with Flutters.
Or it could just be because she's one of the most popular characters in the show.

Pinkie Pie:
I'm almost convinced she got some kind of disorder because sometimes she comes off as way to... I don't want to say dumb because its kind of a harsh word to use for her and naive doesn't quite cut it.
I may not be as into her antics as other people in the fandom, but I still like her. They've been playing up her more odder side a lot lately to the point where she sometimes comes off like how I mentioned before hand.
I wouldn't be surprised if the show pulled and Osaka (the Azumanga character) on us and it turns out that Pinkie is actually super smart, but her head works in weird ways though.

Applejack:
I like her.
She has a career, a bunch of responcabilites, she's happy with where her life is now and she's simple and laid back.
There's a sort of southern comfort to her. She's the straight mare in a group of odd balls and she's a kind of character you sometimes need in things like this to keep things down to earth and AJ is a very down to earth kind of gal.
The only real draw back is that with a character that's as set as AJ is that she doesn't have much places to go because she's already got what she wants and her goal is to keep things as they are and keep things nice for her family.
But I don't think there's much wrong with that, AJ's goal is to put food on the table and pay the bills and that can be interesting, that's life and life is interesting despite what some people may tell you. You just need a good writer to show it on screen.
I get the feeling that the writers have lately noticed that they haven't been doing much with AJ and that's why she's been getting more episodes, because they want to give her character some more room to shine and grow.

Spike:
I still want to see something where he's all Godzilla size and fighting another monster (as some of my mlp fanart may have shown). The show already established early on that Twilight can turn him into a big ass dragon with her magic and she did that as a little kid and by accident.
That aside, I like Spike. He's the little kid sidekick done right. He's not annoying, he's got his mischievous moments, but you still understand that its just a kid acting like a kid does sometimes. He's got the right amount of angst, he's talented in his own right, he's got some funny moments and he's been getting involved more with the adventures.
My only thing is that I would love to see some stuff involving him and Twilight bonding like siblings, or a mother and son if you look at them in that light. The little guy is pretty much adopted and I'd like to see something that brings that up and bring him and Twilight closer together as a family and make a sad but cute moment.
We got some of that in episodes like Dragon's Quest, but I want to see something more of that. Adoption can be a tricky subject, but if done right and with some respect it could make for something nice.
Bark

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:55 am

Quick, fandom! Fluttershy has a booboo. Do something.

"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:24 pm

.....Want a sandwich Fluttershy?
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby punzil504 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:41 pm

Fluttershy kind of looks like a teenaged version of Bubbles in that pic... maybe pre-teen.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:57 pm

Yeah only Bubbles super invulnerable and doesn't mind pain (comes with the job).
That aside, I don't see it personally.

Anyways, CHECK OUT THESE SICK MOVES!
--
Bark

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:12 pm

That's badass and adorable at the same time. I think it's animated frame by frame. I like how consistent the drawings are. Very nice~!
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:14 pm

I know right?

The animation is so smooth.
Bark

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:15 am

These shorts are gonna be the death of me XD
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Saint Soul » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:55 am

i will bury you with the tux.

these shorts are better than the original EQG.
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:25 am

Fluttershy pulled the Pied Piper on those gerbils. For something odd reason, an image Esmeralda popped on my head when I watched this.
Not-an-animator

Postby Hiroko » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:05 pm

So here's a silly image I saw on Tumblr just now that got a huge laugh out of me.

The Sentimental One

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:52 pm

Cute, but this is exactly what we DON'T need the anti-MLP:FIM groups to see. Ponies+Pentacle, you KNOW what they are going to say. I hear an ominous voice in my head saying "My Little Ponies, Satan's Tool" (link for those too young to get the reference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVsTtSrOMsI)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Hiroko » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:03 pm

I honestly doubt the kind of people you're talking about would care about this sort of thing, unless you're referring to overly paranoid parents who dislike the show for the same reasons they think things like Pokemon are, well, "Satan's Tools." In which case...are there actual people like that with regards to MLP?

Most anti-MLP:FiM people I've seen are teens and people in their 20's who mostly just hate on the Brony fandom, not necessarily the show itself. I've never seen parents like that, and the closest to it was when that whole Derpy debacle happened.
The Sentimental One

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:42 pm

In my experiance, there are people like that for pretty much EVERYTHING. Not neccecarily many, but there are some.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:47 pm

Just to be certain, did a new episode came out today or not?
Bark

Postby Hiroko » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:49 pm

There was no new episode today. Seems like the next episode is scheduled to air next week, not this week.
The Sentimental One

Postby Witch Haru » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:58 pm

hmm i've been wondering that too
that's unfortunate, was there a reason?
Art // Literature // Tumblr // Dreadful Comics
Alopunk - Haru, you are 200% a cutie patootie
Tuor - Black lipstick must be messy
Yog - Stay strong, Haru
That chick from that place

Postby Hiroko » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:05 pm

I imagine Spring break might be a reason-ish thing?
The Sentimental One

Postby Witch Haru » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:10 pm

spring break varies though
most college spring breaks were weeks ago, 'cept for some
elementary school was several weeks ago if i remember correctly
high school and middle school are now i suppose
though it also varies with where you are living, it's different from district to district sometimes

i was thinking is maybe next week a big one or something?
i don't read up on future episodes
i like the surprise
Art // Literature // Tumblr // Dreadful Comics
Alopunk - Haru, you are 200% a cutie patootie
Tuor - Black lipstick must be messy
Yog - Stay strong, Haru
That chick from that place

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:46 pm

More likely, since they were doing a marathon of Littlest Pet Shop to lead up to the 2 part season finale, they didn't want to break it up for 0.5 to 1.0 hours just before the final pair.

Postby ari-6 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:58 am

I suspect that the reason there was no new episode was because next weak will be a two parter, but I could be wrong Hope I am not.

Also this. Shouldn't that be a six point star?
Hiroko wrote:
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:43 am

Depends. A pentacle has five points (that's sort of why it is called a pentacle, if it had six points it would be a hexacle). It's not like the ponies in the pic are even the mane 6 (the bottom two look like they are probably Scotaloo and Vinyl). You could also argue that, now the Twilight is a princess, (as well as the fount of magic) she would go in the CENTER of the pentacle (if that is a concentration pentacle, not a summoning one).

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)