My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:54 am

So Vinyl appears on the cover of that book next to the mane six and now in a short. Since the movie would seem to be about music I suppose it wouldn't be out of place to introduce her as a character. I wouldn't want her to have a different voice actor though. And their movements still creep me out.
I am too young to have freaking carpal tunnel!
Im Making This Up As I Go
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:17 am

I was overall blown away by that short and how much fun I had with every second that went by. It's like something someone listening to music would do when watching their surroundings. At least that's what I do when there's a beat in my head and it just feels like the world around me is matching it. It was fun and if there's more like that coming along, I feel pretty good about the movie.

P.S.

Saw this and just had to see if anyone else had posted about where it came from. Glad that someone did.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby punzil504 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:45 am

Blood Lord wrote:The only way it could be better was if Celestia put on those head phones.

It was enjoyable.

Or if she gave them to Luna to confiscate, and instead Luna put them on.

There's rumors that they're changing Vinyl's name to Adagio Dazzle because both Vinyl Scratch and DJ-P0N3 were fan given names which they can't use for the same reasons that they're not allowed to read fanfiction. Can anyone debunk this?
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Grieffon » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:57 am

Hasbro owns the characters, so they can use whatever names they wish, even fan names. They even switched "Heartstrings" to "Lyra Heartstrings" on their official products. The no-fanfic rule is just for writers, to avoid unintentional plagiarism.

Postby Rukair » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:32 am

Hey you guys, I see that someone already posted that awesome Vinyl video. So you guys excited to see 7 MORE EQG shorts?

Postby Grivous » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:47 am

Rukair wrote:So you guys excited to see 7 MORE EQG shorts?

Not really, not even excited for the full movie itself(I am more excited for the Saint Seiya - Legend of the Sancturary though).
But we'll have to watch both of it anyway, avoiding to be out of the subject and have some opinion.

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:49 pm

TheLivingCouch wrote:

This was actually pretty fun, interesting and creative. If only the rest of the EQG stuff had this kind of charm and creativity to them and wasn't the same old water down bullshit I would probably be more interested in it. This short had more going on for it in only three minutes than the entire EQG movie had.
Also, Vinyl is one of the few ponies who get retrofitted into being a human a better than the others (it helps that they gave her more rounded features instead of the plasticy looking ones the mane six are stuck with, her design isn't that much better than the others, but its a start) I also like her arm warmers.
It almost makes me wish this next movie was just about Vinyl.
At least then it would be something kind of new and they could do something that felt like a celebration of music and how it can move people without the message feeling too tacked on or forced and see the world threw the eyes of someone who musics has become more of a language to her than English. Don't know how you'd stretch that to 90 minutes and keep it interesting, but a good writer can make anything work.
Bark

Postby Dibullba » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:51 pm

Now for the totally unedited version >.>.... yep completely unedited!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:13 pm

I will give no money to whoever can guess what this is a reference to.
Hint:    Police Girl   

Bark

Postby Dibullba » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:26 pm

Calling it now >.> Nazis

Postby Saint Soul » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:43 pm

that was crazy sexy awesome.
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Hiroko » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:02 pm

punzil504 wrote:There's rumors that they're changing Vinyl's name to Adagio Dazzle because both Vinyl Scratch and DJ-P0N3 were fan given names which they can't use for the same reasons that they're not allowed to read fanfiction. Can anyone debunk this?

I don't know about the status of the name "Vinyl Scratch," but "DJ Pon-3" is her official, canon name (or at least canon stage name). It's the name they use for her toys (both the pony toy from the Brony pack and the Equestria Girls doll of her that's coming out). It's even used right there in the video description of that animated short:

DJ Pon-3 struts to her own beat on her way to Canterlot High!

Subscribe to HasbroStudiosShorts: http://j.mp/LkHWOx
My Little Pony: Equestria Girls: http://j.mp/1hhpNiC

Also, like Grieffon pointed out with his post, Adagio Dazzle is the name of the orange-haired Equestria Girls doll, who is one of the new characters (along with the other two dolls beside her) who is set to appear in the Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks movie.
The Sentimental One

Postby tonightscake » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:52 pm

Dibullba wrote:Calling it now >.> Nazis

I heard the Motley Crue.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby ari-6 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:17 pm

Well I heard George Lucas

Mutt you find the best stuff
I am too young to have freaking carpal tunnel!
Im Making This Up As I Go
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:20 am

@ Mutt: I'd seen that ages about... but... um. Dang, what was it again?

Hellsing?
An Optimist

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:48 am

So, guise, what do you all think of Season 4 of MLP so far?

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:03 am

It's been pretty good. It started off strong with the opening two episodes, faltered for about 3-5 episodes depending on your opinion of Castle-mania and Flight to the Finish, and then got back on the saddle and has been doing well for itself since. At least that's my opinion. But with this season it's easier to see the lessons of most episodes being a bit more... shaky, even in good episodes. I'd still rank this my second favorite season though after season 2.
An Optimist

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:24 am

I love how most of the replies to the little gif I posted were references to the Abridge series.
Bark

Postby Grieffon » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:11 am

Postby Saint Soul » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:56 pm

that was a beautiful episode.
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:26 pm

That was indeed a super fun episode. Best AJ episode that I can recall.
An Optimist

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:34 pm

And the special word for today's episode boys and girls is, "The Placebo Effect."

I also liked the ending where    Flim and Flam just got the fuck out of town. It made me laugh.   

And it looks like AJ got her    item of power now. I think that just leave Twi.   

I would still wander what it all means, but I think the way this season final is going to go has already been spoiled for us with Hasbro's new "Rainbow Power/Rainbow Kingdom Gimmick."
For me, this could go either way, it may be either interesting or boring.

Speaking of which something has crossed my mind. The higher ups of Hasbro obviously care more about toy sales than they do tv ratings so I wonder what would happen if this whole rainbow gimmick thing doesn't take off the way they want it to.
Would they keep throwing ideas at the show over and over again until they found something that worked or would they call it a day and just let the show be. Or just cancel the show because they couldn't pimp enough rainbow power out to the kids. I doubt it will be the last one. They'll probably just keep throwing more and more at it and when they can't throw anything else, they'll find something else to throw at it.

If it does fail, I would honestly like to see Hasbro try something ballsy like, I don't know, market a girl toy line the same way they would toys for boys.
Then we could see "Twilight with Spike fire breathing action!"
Sound weird? Well I don't think it should. Girls like stuff like this to. That was the point of the series in the beginning that Faust was trying to make, girls aren't just into sunshine and sprinkle sparkle bullshit. They like fire breathing dragons, hydras, giant monsters and big fantasy battles. This show could have been a lot better if they had given her more creative freedom, but Hasbro higher ups are so afraid to tiptoe outside of their safe zone that they were probably hyperventilating throughout the whole "Lesson Zero" episode when Twi flipped the fuck out.
Hell, when I was watching my little cousin, she talked me into playing with her MLP toys, before I knew it Rainbow Dash and Pinkie were trying to save Fluttershy form Cthulhu with the help of Spike the adult Dragon.
She basically asked me to come up with a monster for the ponies to fight and that was the first thing that popped into my head. We took a dinosaur and plopped an octopus on its head for Cthulhu.

Why bother mentioning it anyways though at the end of the day the only way people want to make money is by playing it safe and playing to stereotypes. Even if it doesn't seem to work the first time just keep doing it over and over again just try harder to be more predictable this time.

Kind of got a bit cynical there for a second...
Mooduness is over, but to fun:

"Earthbound" mother bucker!!
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/03/e ... .html#more
It looks fucking great.

Also...

I hope they aren't reading the thing that made Seath lose his shit...
Although I would like to see another "Lesson Zero" where Twi freaks out.
Bark

Postby J-Dude » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:15 pm

Wow, you heard it from Applejack, folks!

Religion making people feel good doesn't excuse the fact that it's bullshit :-)   

Oh, tell me that ISN'T a line of logic this episode follows.

I mean, this episode basically centered around faith-healing, with the moral that while belief is powerful, believing false things and letting other people believe false things is eventually going to get people hurt.

I NEVER expected an FIM episode to GO there, but they pretty much did.

Still, if I can criticize the episode on a few things thing... it's that it starts out as an idiot plot.

You figured out from minute one that the grey glasses pony was just and actor, but it took walking into his damn dressing room before Applejack put it together... after seeing him waltz out of the tent again on queue. I guess kids might not be so keen to this, but I think we can give them a little more credit than spelling it out for them.

That, and... honestly, this seems a bit much for Flim and Flam.

Okay, we established they were more than willing to ruin someone's life for their own gain, but in their first episode their product was entirely legitimate. Their cider machine WORKED, it produced a quality product that was only topped by the best effort of world-class cider makers and their friends in damn near academic symposia.

I don't know, having them turn to faith-healing Pirelli's piss-and-ink lie-fuckery seems kinda low for people that WERE essentially legitimate business ponies with their eyes to the future. I know, their names are FlimFlam, but you see what I'm saying?   

EDIT: Jesus, the episode is even CALLED "LEAP OF FAITH..."

Now I'm curious about who the writer was.
Last edited by Blood Lord on Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double Posting. User warned.
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:00 pm

JDude, you've been here for what, 8 years? You should know where the edit button is on posts, and the fact that double posting is against the rules.

Everyone, please remember that your posts are equipped with a super-duper, hand-dandy, edit buttons in the upper right hand section of your post. This is if you forget something in your post and no one has posted again since your post, you can go back and edit it in instead of making a secondary post.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:14 pm

@ J-Dude. Well, it's sort of does fit with thier personalities. Their stereotypical con men, hucksters, snake oil salesmen. The cider machine working was probably a fluke (That part has always remined me a bit of either the end of the story of John Henry, or the end of the Disney version of Paul Bunyan.).
I wonder what is going to happen the day AJ meets a doctor and hears about the concept of "the placebo effect". Someting tells me that with this new attitude of hers, she is NOT going to be popular in hospitals doing clinical trials.
Actually this episode adds a few other dimensions onto AJ's honesty. It shows that she is capable of having a moral dillemma about it (after the last couple of episodes where AJ has often been rather....abrasive in some of her comments, one might assume that her inbred attitude is always "the Truth is the truth, no matter how much it hurts others" Seeing that she can at least see it the other way (even if, ultimately, she doesn't agree with it) at least makes her more human (okay more horse).
We also she the other side effect of that honesty, that pretty much everyone takes her word on blind faith. Her word is considered the gospel truth, so no one questions it. To her, that kind of power may be deeply disturbing.
Other little fluff notes.
1. The Apple clan swims in thier clothes? I don't mean Granny, that was a bathing suit. I mean the fact that AJ apparantly swims in her hat and ribbons, Big Mac in his collar and Apple Blossom in her bow. Isn't that going to ruin them. I know AJ loves her hat (and as shown in a previos episode has a lot so it's not like they aren't replacable. But it seems a little odd.
2. Big mac using his collar as a life perserver. Funny, but probably wouldn't work (wood floats, but probably not enough to bouy a fully adult pony up. Especially not when it's probably sometihng like oak or ash (hard durable woods, but also HEAVY woods) with iron bits added on. I assume someone fished it back out for him (granny pulled him away before he could retrieve it, so it would have to be someone else.) Or he also has backups (horsecollars are probably a lot more expensive than hats or bows, but he still probably has a few.)   
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)