My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:36 pm

I saw this a while ago. I was put off by the bad voice acting so I didn't watch all the way through
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Guardian » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:42 pm

Really? It sounded like all the other Vinyl and Octavia shorts.

EDIT: Wait, something did sound a little off with it, I think.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby ari-6 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:48 pm

In this, Octavia is voiced by Ellie Monty and Vinyl is voiced by Jesse Nowhack

If Octi or Vinyl where ever to get a speaking role in the show, What are the chances that they would ask either of these two to do the voice work? Or even try to make their voices sound like this?
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby BeeAre » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:44 pm

I hope not, personally. No offense to the voice actors, but the personalities of the characters are awful.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby ari-6 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:52 pm

You think so? They are my favourite background characters. Maybe it is just that they have nothing in the way of development due to only appearing in short animations and pixiv blogs
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Grivous » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:57 am

This video looks old to you guys, but actually it is new.

It's the "Fall of the Empire" trailer dubbed in Portuguese(with CC in English/Portuguese) in my YouTube channel(link in my signature), where Teyuki(brazilian VA) did Celestia and I did King Sombra himself. It's our most recent video.
There are also "Two Best Sisters Play", "The Pony - An Unexpected Journeigh", "Brony 101", "The Adjusment Burro - MAD", videos from Saberspark, GalaxyArt, MrPoniator, and many others fanimations and fanimators(unfortunately, most don't have CC).
And there are more upcoming, though.

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby ari-6 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:04 pm

Holy crap! Your Sombra is scarier than the original! So you dubbed the whole thing? That's pretty cool. I am still waiting for the full video. I have only seen the preview so far.

Hey Grievous, I know I didn't mention it but remember when I asked why you sign off as you do and you told me that originally it was in case your account got hacked. I was wondering, if other people started signing off with "Grievous" would you have some kind of identity crises?

I was just thinking, could it be possible for Sombra to be an alicorn and his wings be concealed by his cape? Also why are there no male alicorns? Is it really just a state of godhood that you can only ascend into? Were not Luna and Celestia born alicorns? I think Blor-... Guardian said he read that Cadance was a pegasus before an alicorn. Does that mean that she couldn't always use her love spell? She became an alicorn and then learned that later, then what did she do to become an alicorn? What are the requirements for becoming one anyway?

Grievous
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:41 pm

These are the questions aren't they Ari?

I don't think the show is very clear on this kind of stuff, if there's an easily digestible source of lore out there and anyone knows about it then I'd kind of liked to see it. But at the moment it seems stuff like that is all left up to fan speculation.
Bark

Postby ari-6 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:03 pm

I doubt the primary audience is as bugged by story inconsistencies or lack of background information as I am. So they may never be answered. But I want an alicorn episode darn it!
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:50 pm

I suppose it's possible Sombra has wings under his cape; though if he did you'd think he'd use them. But I tend to doubt it. I think if he did, they'd cause the cape to bulge in ways it doesn't or poke out the back. Then again, Sombra isn't a classic unicorn to begin with As I pointed out, he most closely resembles a Middle Eastern unicorn variant called a Karkadan (maybe he was orignally from Saddle Arabia). So who knows what kind of wings he might have.
As for the male thing, I think it's simply a function of the nature of Equestrian populations. I would be kind of interesting if there actually WAS a rule only females could be Alicorns; sort of a backwards version of that tenet in some forms of Buddhism that says you have to be male to achieve enlightenment (in the case of female Buddhas, it is said that they are transformed in to males an instant before they die so as to make the transition.) But I think the real reason is simply females ounumber males in equestria by a very large margin. With an alicorn population of only four, the results are probably rather skewed.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Grivous » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:03 pm

ari-6 wrote:Holy crap! Your Sombra is scarier than the original! So you dubbed the whole thing? That's pretty cool. I am still waiting for the full video. I have only seen the preview so far.

Really? Thanks. That's nice to hear.
About the full video, Silly Filly Studios has already posted in one of their Q.A.'s that they are trying to get everything done until an event that will happen in April or something.

EDIT:

"This project was not canceled nor was ever at risk of being canceled.

Total duration is going to be roughly 8 minutes, most likely, so it's not a full movie or anything, which seems to be a common misconception. It's going to be the highest quality animation we've made to date.

Anything missing or errors that were noticed in the trailer, we can guarantee we've found them. Much of this scene is being re-animated anyway.

We are trying to make this work with canon as an interpretation of what's not known (and likely won't be revealed).

Yes they are going to use weapons, by extension that they do have a little bit of spear use in the guard.

We plan to premier the animation early at Midwest Media Expo in Detroit, April 25-27 if you're going to be there! http://www.midwestmediaexpo.com/"

ari-6 wrote:Hey Grievous, I know I didn't mention it but remember when I asked why you sign off as you do and you told me that originally it was in case your account got hacked. I was wondering, if other people started signing off with "Grievous" would you have some kind of identity crises?

Not at all. Only Grivous can be Grivous.
Nobody can steal my "Grivousness". (I hope could make the pun right)

ari-6 wrote:I was just thinking, could it be possible for Sombra to be an alicorn and his wings be concealed by his cape? Also why are there no male alicorns? Is it really just a state of godhood that you can only ascend into? Were not Luna and Celestia born alicorns? I think Blor-... Guardian said he read that Cadance was a pegasus before an alicorn. Does that mean that she couldn't always use her love spell? She became an alicorn and then learned that later, then what did she do to become an alicorn? What are the requirements for becoming one anyway?

Grievous

To much questions! Lets get start:

1- I don't know. Probably? Since none have seen him naked… although that everypony lives naked. Well…
2- Girl Power! There are too much male heroes in too many stories! Besides, I like more stories with girls. They are more sensitive and got more emotional situations(that's not include Teenagers stories; they are boring as hell).
3- Can't answer that.
4- As far as we know… they are both born as alicorns.
5- About that: Lauren had answered a question from a fan about Cadance being the third alicorn in the series. She said that she was involved with her development and was even surprised to see her as alicorn, in fact that she made her actually being an unicorn.
About her using the Love spell, how she did become a princess and an alicorn, it has some explanations in one of Twilight Sparkle's book series, "The Spell of the Crystal Heart" or something like that. Also, in the book, was saying that, before Cadance was transformed as Allicorn, she was a Pegasus. That's why some are arguing about her being a pegasus before coronation; but, as I said before, the books/comics/games series about the show are Spin-Offs; they aren't actually canon since they can't interfere with the actual storyline in the show.
I didn't read it so I can't tell all the story.

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby dj1107 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:08 pm

Postby tonightscake » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:27 pm

The land of entomolia
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Grivous » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:48 am

EN: "Rarity can fly very high and always let a white and purple trail in the sky."

Wat?

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby ari-6 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:41 am

That sounds about right to me. I approve of this cannon

ari-6 wrote:I had a feeling this Breezies would be a toy vehicle. How long until I see them in stores.

Dear Celestia WHY!!!!!!

Even in comics Discord is best draconquus!
(Sorry, Should these last three posts have all been one long post? I wasn't sure because there was some time between them and they were about different things. Just let me know if that's wrong and i'll fix it)
Last edited by ari-6 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Saint Soul » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:10 pm

I just had a nerd-gasm. im also having a fangasm.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Grivous » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:43 pm

News from Michael!

He's now awake from the coma and making great progress on the treatment.

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Hiroko » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:04 pm

That's great news to hear. c: Hopefully he makes more progress towards recovery.

A bit off-topic, but it's now March 7th. Once again as a reminder for those who want to participate in SafeSearch Wrap-Up, on the 7th and 20th of every month, go search for anything a child or parent would look up on Google (or any other search engine) with SafeSearch (or it's equivalent) on and report any NSFW and any otherwise inappropriate images that we'd rather not let kids see that happen to sneak on through.

Let's help do our part to keep SafeSearch actually safe for the children in the fandom.
The Sentimental One

Postby ari-6 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:17 pm

Um, what do you think might be somethings a child or parent might search? Is there something that would be more useful to search for than the most obvious things? I tried this last time but the only things I could think of searching were character names and I didn't find anything
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Hiroko » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:45 pm

Well, now that you mention it, I would like it very much if people went through the "Pinkie Pie" or "MLP Pinkie Pie" searches and scrolled through to report the NSFW stuff. Pinkie Pie in particular has a nasty habit of still keeping certain NSFW images up, no matter how many times surely tons of people have reported the exact same images (they're extremely obvious, and a couple of months into this, they're still there. I've no idea why these particular images keep sticking around).

But in general, yeah. Character names, "MLP," "My Little Pony," "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic," "MLP:FiM," any possible thing you can think of.
The Sentimental One

Postby ari-6 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:52 pm

I see. So I should just search images? That doe's sound like a better idea.

Okay, yes I see what you mean. How do I report?
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Hiroko » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:03 pm

Yeah, it's images we're searching through.

Also...let me go get a video that explains how to do it on Google, since it'll be easier to see a visual of it...

Here's one for Bing, too:

The Sentimental One

Postby ari-6 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:28 pm

I'm sorry but I find myself questioning the effectiveness of this exercise. I found the same image that the woman flagged in that video so it has not been removed yet. Is this really helping.
I am the MISSINGNO

Postby Hiroko » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:40 pm

It actually has been very effective. There's been considerably less NSFW art appearing in the results of most MLP searches since this started, and it has actually leaked into other fandoms, that have begun doing the same to clean up the SafeSearch of their fandom's images, too. But like I said, Pinkie Pie in particular has this weird thing where some images just won't leave no matter how many times those same images have been reported by people.
The Sentimental One

Postby ari-6 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:51 pm

I found maybe 20 for her I think. Would just one flag be enough or would it take many people flagging the same image to get it removed?
I am the MISSINGNO

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)