My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Lady Haru » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:58 am

am i the only who hasn't liked a single song this season?
they all just seem so lacking and "mehh" to me
i swear that in the previous seasons, they were much more catchy and better composed
but maybe thats just me?
Art thread // Lit Thread // Tumblr 1 // Tumblr 2 // Dreadful Comics
Alopunk - Haru, you are 200% a cutie patootie
Love lost until found

Postby J-Dude » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:07 pm

Miss Haruhi wrote:am i the only who hasn't liked a single song this season?
they all just seem so lacking and "mehh" to me
i swear that in the previous seasons, they were much more catchy and better composed
but maybe thats just me?

I dunno, I always seem to find the songs don't impact me till I've gone back and listened to them. Hell, the first time I heard the "Smile!" song, before the actual episode it featured in, I wasn't exactly floored. Put into context though? After listening to it a zillion times? It's easily in my top three now.

Same goes for the Equestria Girls music. "Helping Twilight Win the Crown" felt like some weird, Britney Spears-ish 90's anthem on the first viewing in the theater. Grew to love it though... it's just so fucking CATCHY...

This season, I haven't been blown away or anything, but I haven't heard any I HATED, cept' maybe "Hearts as Strong as Horses," which felt dull (I've also softened a touch on that episode, given some people's ravings about the character development between Rainbow and Scootaloo I couldn't help being persuaded by).

I expected to hate "Apples to the Core," just because it sounded really silly and on the nose in animatic form back at Comic-Con. It's episode incarnation though? I was bouncing to the music. It's probably just that Applejack doesn't endear herself to me as much as the other five. I admit a sort of prejudice for southern-sounding people and their... "culture". Which is why "Raise this Barn" is REALLY low on my list.

And yet, I feel like I tend to give Applejack more lines than damn near anyone else in my fanfic, probably for her head-on supportive simple-wisdom dispensure. She just seems like the one most likely to speak up or object first when somebody says something outrageous. If not for Twilight, I'd also call her the most naturally leaderly of the group.

Speaking of which, I'm a touch late on this, but Chapter 14 of Black Equinox has been up:

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/23282/1 ... chapter-14
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:34 am

GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

THE TIME HAS COME FOR SOMETHING WE'VE BEEN ALL WAITING FOR!!! It was going to happen, and now it will be here soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7YaQ6ZxQ6Y

Don't click it if you want to be absolutely surprised. But it's magnificent and amazing and wonderful and totally not something I'm overreacting to again. Totally legit reaction to what this is and nothing less than a smile that splits the heavens is acceptable.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:07 am

That's going to be a trippy episode.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:31 am

It's going to be a MAGICAL episode~
An Optimist

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:42 am

Well, that is a thing now. I guess I can add    Weird Al as a pony being actual canon    to the list of strange stuff I'd never thought I'd see. Maybe we'll get Sigourney Weaver next and her and the Mane 6 can set off to defeat a race of nasty Aliens next.
Man, that episode would be a mind job.
Bark

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:28 pm

I like Al as a pony. If nothing else, this mean that, in my bizarre fanatasy world where fans fanfics can actually be adopted as canon episodes if they are good enough, instead of Calvados simply sounding like Antonio Banderas, he could actually BE Antonio Banderas. But Weird Al does make a perfect pony
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby punzil504 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:54 pm

I said something similar on the Fimfiction boards, but...

*Gasp!* Cheese Sandwich is R63 Pinkie Pie, only he's Brown instead of Pink!

Also, I could be reading into it too much, but that outfit looked like a nod to "Amish Paradise"   
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:49 pm

I'm fairly sure it's actually a nod to Clint Eastwood's costume in A Fistful of Dollars (http://ilikedthatfilm.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/a-fistful-of-dollars-1.jpg) That movie has sort of made a flat topped had and a serape the de facto costume for the "drifter". If it was an Amish Paradise Nod, he'd be in black and would DEFINITELY have a beard   
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby BeeAre » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:32 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

THE TIME HAS COME FOR SOMETHING WE'VE BEEN ALL WAITING FOR!!! It was going to happen, and now it will be here soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7YaQ6ZxQ6Y

Don't click it if you want to be absolutely surprised. But it's magnificent and amazing and wonderful and totally not something I'm overreacting to again. Totally legit reaction to what this is and nothing less than a smile that splits the heavens is acceptable.

Alright, alright. Okay, Pabst. That's worth some enthusiasm.

It really is.

Just because he's the only person in the world who would see a bunch of people saying "be a pony!!! and also did we forget to mention? you must still be wacky" and then, with little professional hesitation, goes "yeah okay!! i can do that :0)"

Though a tiny part of me cringes at the chosen name, but seeing as this guy was sorta the inspiration for a great deal of the related humor fallout, I can forgive it.

Once again, ponies manage to keep things feeling unironic. Cultural vibe dropped that to this day I respect.

I think he's playing his own accordion. ¦:3   
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:10 am

I still haven't seen what the name is for him, and I'll try to avoid it. Want at least one part of it to be a surprise.

An Optimist

Postby Grieffon » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:17 pm

Molestia is finally over.

Anf unfortunately, it was not a planned ending, just an unfortunate incident. I know the reason for its sudden end, but I think it's best not to speak in details about it here. Just know this:    tumblr SJW   .

She will still go down in the history of ponies as the most lovable pervert ever.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:37 pm

I know why, but it's still disappointing. I've heard it's happened before with this blog, but maybe that was when it was young or something. Hope he restarts it, like other blogs that have had this happen to them.
An Optimist

Postby Grieffon » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:44 pm

It won't be revived. It's just that his tumblr happens to be taken down when that Luna pressing button thing was posted, and he seized it as an opportunity to end it once and for all. Even Calpain bid farewell to Molly, so it's done.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:48 pm

Awwww... That's a shame. Even if a bit funny with how coincidental it happened. And if people want to see the art from it, there's plenty of people that have archived it and posted it elsewhere.

Wonder though if there was anything unresolved though, or if he'll do anything still with his gamer Luna and Derpy.
An Optimist

Postby Grieffon » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:02 pm

Yes, the only real shame was that the Luna-Derpy and this one hasn't been resolved. Well, here's some details about the shut down for anyone who cares.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:53 pm

That was what first came to mind, the realio with her mother still being an unresolved issue. Gosh, that would have made for a really meaty ending having that be resolved instead of.... this... If those two things had been resolved, then I wouldn't be so sour.

Also... someone's said there's going to be legal action taken against him? I don't even know.
An Optimist

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:55 pm

GOD DAMMIT.

I liked that Tumbler, it was funny and I really liked JJ's style for ponies.

I don't know why or how there could be any legal action against him. So, I'd write that notion off.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:06 pm

Supposedly there was someone saying there was a C&D, and then now there'd be legal action against him for not listening to that. But that's just from one person I spoke with who REALLY didn't like the blog...
An Optimist

Postby Grieffon » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:24 pm

The link I posted was the only legitimate source so far, because Calpain retweeted it. The rest are just rumors.

Hasbro would NEVER touch anything that is NSFW. It's not good for PR.

Postby Lady Haru » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:44 pm

thats unfortunate news, i was a fan of Molly quite a bit

pony art time because sad stuff is sad to talk about

Art thread // Lit Thread // Tumblr 1 // Tumblr 2 // Dreadful Comics
Alopunk - Haru, you are 200% a cutie patootie
Love lost until found

Postby punzil504 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:42 pm

Miss Haruhi wrote:thats unfortunate news, i was a fan of Molly quite a bit

pony art time because sad stuff is sad to talk about

Well, the good news is that there's a new episode tomorrow, and there's a lot of buzz about    Snowflake getting the canon name Bulk Biceps (the MLP Facebook page has a sneak peek) and a potential Derpy sighting. You know, if you're still into that whole Derpy character.   

From the sound of it, JJ's still a brony and will still be doing art, which is good.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:38 pm

Speaking of that...

Postby myneopetsarestarving » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:49 am

Molestia was taken down by Hasbro, not sjws. And Molestia is still gross as fuck

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:51 am

There are far more disturbing things in the fandom then Molestia, and unless you can prove it was Hasbro, your words don't mean anything against what has already been presented.

One of the things I simply cannot tolerate is unreasonable hate towards something and the constant slamming of it just because a person doesn't like it. If Molestia offends you, fine. That isn't a problem until you start beating it and those who got a laugh out of it.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)