My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:01 am

May I make a reminder that just take slendermane thing like some funny cameo a sly person wanted to put in--like the big lebowski reference or alicorn neon lights. Don't take it as something the write would use in the near future. Some people just wants to have fun. Messing with the fandom is one of them.

Apple Jack always wanted to be a Huntress, so she became one.

@Mad-mutt: I don't have that kind influence, to be honest with you :<
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Lady Haru » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:01 am

so someone on DA made some T-shirt designs and i found them gorgeous so i thought i'd share them:

also Kusang, i saw that image on DA from you and it's really awesome!
are you gonna do any of the others as RWBY characters?
i could totally see Rarity as Weiss, Pinkie as Ruby, and maybe Fluttershy as Blake - but thats just me lol
ImageImage
Tumblr 1 // Tumblr 2 // Dreadful Comics
Alopunk - Haru, you are 200% a cutie patootie
Your Queen Your God

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:25 am

I like that Nightmare Moon one.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:29 am

@Miss Haruhi

Oh, those designs are awesome as shit!

As I was looking at them I thought Luna had the best looking on of the bunch, but then I saw Twilight with Super Spike behind her (an idea that some of you may have noticed I have an affinity for: http://mad-mutt.deviantart.com/art/No-F ... -414511984)

Now I'm torn between which of those two I like best. Screw it, I'd buy both of them if they were real and enjoy the bewildered reaction every time someone asked me what those characters are from.
Bark

Postby Lady Haru » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:40 am

Mad-Mutt wrote:Now I'm torn between which of those two I like best. Screw it, I'd buy both of them if they were real and enjoy the bewildered reaction every time someone asked me what those characters are from.

actually they are real
they can be bought here
ImageImage
Your Queen Your God

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:59 am

Cool!
Bark

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:04 am

Must make Apple Yang new phone wallpaper! Your art is always the perfect size for it c:

Miss Haruhi wrote:i could totally see Rarity as Weiss, Pinkie as Ruby, and maybe Fluttershy as Blake - but thats just me lol

Pinkie as Nora :3
Nothing says Pinkie Pie like explosives with hearts!
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:17 am

"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:23 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Pinkie as Nora :3
Nothing says Pinkie Pie like explosives with hearts!

The feeling is mutual. Use the Party Hammer!

@Haruhi: Yeah, I'm making more of these. Probably make something out of it, animation-wise. Maybe.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Grieffon » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:27 pm

I wish we could have a better look into the scariest cave in Equestria.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:36 pm

No, now I'm disappointed, nothing they could have showed me would be as freaky as what was in my mind and I was picturing some Giger like horrors, with creatures that were border line abominations that seemed to have no business in this world or the any other.
Bark

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:11 am

Guys.

Guysssssssss...

GUYS!

Look at this thing. THIS IS REAL! NOT EDITED! IT'S IN THE SHOW! Edit: False alarm.
Last edited by Mr. Sefrol on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:11 am

So it is. Well that will lend some fuel to some shipping fanfics.

I also find it interesting where AJ is blushing. I'd have assumed her cheeks were farther back (you know, where her "freckles" are) I suppose it's simply a result of taking facial features of a still somewhat equine face (where a lot of them are behind the eyes) and trying to mentally map them onto a human one (where they are below). I know that that area is technically part of her cheek too , but it's odd to have to move back, not down to see the rest of it. (A bit like those old Animaniacs episodes when Dot Warner wore earrings on the side of her head, despite the fact her ears were on the top.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Cerulean » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:25 am

Hmm, it didn't look like they kissed in the episode. I went back to take a closer look, and all Pinkie does is smile after their noses touch. Though, I did watch online, so I wouldn't know whether or not the scene was altered slightly from what was shown on TV.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:35 am

Oh wait wait wait. Nevermind. Went back to double check and it is indeed an edit. Darn, that was super cute too.

Everyone was hyping "holy crap this is real?" that I guess I jumped the gun. Still a cute edit though, and I bet a lot of people are fueled up to ship the two a lot more now just from this thing. Saw it going around a lot on tumblr.
An Optimist

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:42 am

Of course its fake, they can barely get away with having a female pony on screen whose "simple" (they can have a many males as the want to though). You think they'd actually have the balls to imply a same sex relationship in this. Our society still seems to be under the false impression that same sex relationships will lead to Anarchy and chaos and everything will be like "Fist of the North Star" only with a lot more rainbows everywhere. If they actually did that there would be a hoard of anal retentive soccer moms and red necks lined up outside of Hasbro HQ with a shit tone of signs that all have homophobic slurs written on them. It would be one of the biggest and disgusting shit storms you could imagine and we'd all loose that much more faith in humanity as a whole.
Sigh...

Okay, now with that depressing thought out of the way here's a picture of Firefly (my favorite G4 pony that never was) looking awesome.
Check it, her enemies are all like, "Stop being such a bad ass, you fucking bad ass!"
And Firefly is all like, "No."
Bark

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:00 am

Waoh, did this pony went to Darksiders 2 and back?

Mr. Sefrol wrote:Image

This show is dangerously easy to edit.
Not-an-animator

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:06 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:Oh wait wait wait. Nevermind. Went back to double check and it is indeed an edit. Darn, that was super cute too.

Everyone was hyping "holy crap this is real?" that I guess I jumped the gun. Still a cute edit though, and I bet a lot of people are fueled up to ship the two a lot more now just from this thing. Saw it going around a lot on tumblr.

Well the fact is that, in the minds of a lot of the shippers, after RD, AJ is probably the de facto #2 choice on the list "mane 6 characters who are probably into the same gender" I personally think it's the eyes, AJ has the same eye, or rather eylash pattern, as RD (three short ones on top, none on the bottom) which makes her look less "girly" than some of the rest of the cast. Add on the no-nonsense quality and the fact she is sort of simple (not in the Mad-Mutt defintion above, simple in the sense of "basic, honest, lacking in pretense) and she seems a good match.

BTW I just realized this episode also confirmed another fact I sort of assumed, but it was nice to see made canon; that members of the Apple Clan DO marry out. It seems sort of on the surface obvios, but the fact that the clan is so big (lots of potential partners) and they ALL have apple related marks by now (I think the last clan members we saw with non-apple marks were the ones that came with Granny to found the town, at which point, the Apple clan did not even techically EXIST) put some doubt into me. When a major part of the important cast are country folks, cetain words should never even be allowed to be THOUGHT of in connection with them, and one of those is "inbred". That's also why I was so mad back in Apple Family Renuinion with the "photo editing job" (the clan members who line up for the picture include two young unicorns, but when you see them in the actual photo in the book, thier horns have been erased.) It suggests another word you don't want, "racist".

Postby Grieffon » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:09 pm

Kusang_Manalo wrote:This show is dangerously easy to edit.

Eeyup

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:14 pm

Guess this guy is on a spree of Pinkie edits XD

Don't know which episode this is supposed to be though.
An Optimist

Postby Grieffon » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:43 pm

Princess Twilight Sparkle part 1, right before the mane 5 take the train back to Ponyville while Twilight stay in Canterlot.

Postby Lady Haru » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:30 pm

had to share this because i love everything about it. the colors, the style, the atmosphere.
also, Luna is probably my favourite pony because everything about her i love.
night, peace, darkness, solitude, and even her color scheme.
ImageImage
Your Queen Your God

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:59 pm

Dat light job on her crown and stuff. Very nice, reminds me of Tron.

I'd agree with that too for Luna, but its a tie with Rarity in my book.

Postby Lady Haru » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:39 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Dat light job on her crown and stuff. Very nice, reminds me of Tron.

I'd agree with that too for Luna, but its a tie with Rarity in my book.

funny that you say that, the artist even mentioned tron in his description

Space Kid wrote:I took the liberty to give Luna a special "Space-Kid" set of accessories, and made them look like black crystals with cyan highlights. It's very Tron-esque, but it's not meant to be electronic. Anyway, it's a little personal touch.

and ah, honestly i never really liked Rarity. i mean i don't dislike her but i don't like her either...
there's nothing particularly appealing about her to me -
she's just some pretty girl who makes pretty things that happens to be nice and generous instead of a b*tch
but of course, to each there own! every pony has fans, of course
ImageImage
Your Queen Your God

Postby BeeAre » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:16 pm

Notable on those Pinkie edits: fans tend to make blushes more subtle and natural, whereas the show tends to make starkly single-color pink ovals.

Supplement: I knew it was an edit when I saw it even as Pabst posted dat shit as real. Pabst, what's up with you. Quiet and knowledgeable member one moment, a chain of fuck-ups the next. DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS PARAGRAPH IT WILL JUST MAKE THINGS WORSE.

Anyway, second note: "Apples To The Core" is easily top song this season, given the strange cadence and thematic concepts for quite a lot of the songs. This one just knocks it out of the park: tight and catchy, thematically poignant, and full of fun and adorbs moments animated into just the song let alone the episode.

Mad-Mutt wrote:Image

Biased observation: Hello, Havocwing! You're looking hot today, ho ho ho.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)