My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:53 pm

Cool thank you very much, I really appreciate it. I did not like Pinkie very much to begin with but she has grown on me recently.
Don't hug me I'm scared

Postby punzil504 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:01 pm

Mad-Mutt wrote:   Did Granny go the wrong way?    Oh yeah.

I'm not going to disagree that she went the wrong way, but I think she either over-hyped how dangerous that cave they went into really was or something else. I mean, there were three different options at that fork, and a cave filled with monsters so terrifying that nopony has ever made it out of alive? Well, now five ponies have made it out of it alive, so how bad could it really be?   
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:39 pm

Mad-Mutt wrote:Mon-Kitsune, you seemed like you took a bit of an issue with the way this turned out so what do you think of that? Does that make you view it differently or are you still a little disappointed?
And Mon-K, in regards to you wondering about    Golden Delicious's name:   
Like the Apples, I also come from a very extended family, and do you have any idea how many people in my family are named Alfred?

My issue wasn't so much with the conclusion that they couldn't tell, it's that once Goldie said so, they simply gave up, they didn't bother to explore any other options. And that, finding out that she may be in the Apple clan (who as partically the founders of Ponyville are a clan many of the humbler families would probably love to be able to claim kinship to, no mention of informing anyone in her own family came up.
As I said, "There are only a finite number of apple names available". I didn't think it was wrong, but a bit odd in the show context, where they like to give every character an easily discerable name and appearance (lest they decide to merchandize it later). And I get the mutiple name thing. I come from a (formerly, if you go back a generation or two) conservative Jewish family, which means we sort of follow the Jewish rules about naming (that you name a child after the most recent relative to die) so there is a lot of dupication there too (and there'd be a lot more if most of the family hadn't given up on having big families two generations ago)   

Mad-Mutt wrote:As for the rest of the episode I could pretty much call what was gonna happen in it scene by scene. There was barely a single joke I didn't see coming. Well except for    The crazy cat lady slash hoarder. Also, did she have a fucking jaguar in there!?   

It looked more like a leopard or cheetah to me, but yes, there was a large cat. I suppose it could be a jaguar too, I'm just biased because I know that more people keep leopards and cheetahs as pets than they do jaguars. Not that keeping any as pets is a smart idea (I've always sort of wanted a pet caracal, and as far as I am concerned, that is about as big and wild a cat as anyone can and should keep safely as a pet.)

Actually I expected the cart to break a lot sooner probably in the middle of the dance number since it looked like by that point, Big Mac was no longer paying attention, and probably no longer actually hooked up to the cart (he couldn't have danced that way if it was. I half expected him to get so involved with the dance he hit the cart and sent it careening off the road to shatter.
Oh and sorry Granny Smith, you can't stick a raft together with sugar pine sap. It would be like trying to glue one together with maple syrup. It's sticky, but it'd melt as soon as it hit the water. Sugar pine sap is for eating, not gluing (if it's anything like stone pine syrup, it tastes sort of like blueberries)   
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:07 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:Not that keeping any as pets is a smart idea (I've always sort of wanted a pet caracal, and as far as I am concerned, that is about as big and wild a cat as anyone can and should keep safely as a pet.)

Really? I've always kind of wanted an Ocelot.
I'm a MGS fan.
Bark

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:38 pm

That makes sense. That or you are a huge Salvador Dali fan (he had a pet ocelot name Babou)

I suppose if you were an Azumagna Diaoh fan, you'd want an Iriomote cat. I know someone in College who came from Scotland who said his dad had a pet Highland Wildcat when he was a kid (back when they weren't near extinction, and owning one was actually legal) Well, he said his dad had one for about a week, before it became more than his dad could handle (despite looking like a chunky tabby, Highland wildcats actually have really nasty tempers, even the kittens will mess you up if you aren't careful)

Techically an ocelot isn't all that much bigger than a caracal (they're both about the size of a medium dog) though admittedly probably wilder, at least on a per animal basis (when I said I wanted a caracal, I ment a domestic one, the kind that have been bred in captivity for centuries, as pets and hunting animals (I sort of like the idea of taking walks with a pet that can catch birds out of midair). And of course, that only applies to cats I would want out of those already discovered If you include the ones still in the nebluous world of crytozoology, I could also go for a Ruffled Cat (large dog sized, big furry ruff, supposedly found in the Nyarit mountain range of Mexico) or a Yamapikaryā (not the iriomote cat mentioned above, the REAL one that some people think is a dog sized tiger or clouded leopard) I say I'd love to have these, but I'm not dumb enough to think I could handle any of them (assuming they are real)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:29 am

Getting around to the episode now, seeing that it still hasn't been posted on youtube strangely enough. I loved it.    Like Mad said, a lot of the problems you could see coming a mile away. But what came of it was different from most other AJ episodes where her stubbornness is the main cause of all the episode's issues, and instead it was her constant attempts at looking good for her new possible kin. Tt was refreshing of an (mostly) AJ episode. Also interesting is that this is the only episode I can think of that only involved Pinkie and one other Mane 6 member interacting to this level and it only being those two Mane 6 throughout the episode. Of course Pinkie is going to be Pinkie and take everything with stride, but she showed she has a lot of family pride and that opens up a lot of possibilities for Pinkie's and AJ's interaction in later episodes. Of course I was majorly disappointed there wasn't any Pie family members brought up at all like I was hoping when the song was first previewed, but I'll keep my hopes up for the next Pinkie episode coming in three weeks. "Pinkie Pride" sounds good enough as any to feature her pride as a Pie and show her family, and maybe even follow up on this episode. And Mon, there is indeed a "Golden Delicious" in the very first episode, but that was a male pony, so most likely they did sorta reuse the name but "grannified" it.

Finally... did anyone else notice the "Applelicious" parody Apple Bloom almost finished before she dropped the map? Because I did. Remember, her VA has taken part in the fandom and her dropping that isn't all too surprising. What's surprising is that I'm not seeing a lot of people get all giddy about it.   
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:24 am

Of course I was majorly disappointed there wasn't any Pie family members brought up.

Wish granted.

Oh and, has anyone seen slender pony yet?
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:51 am

Um... do you mean this guy Kusang?:

Bark

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:47 am

No, in the Apple Pinkie Pie episode.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Hiroko » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:52 am

...There was a slender pony? o-o
The Sentimental One

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:38 pm

Wait, what? Where?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Grieffon » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:40 pm

Mad Mutt already posted a dailymotion link to the episode last page, but I'll put a youtube link here in case anyone prefer it.

@Sefrol:
The Applelicious was intentional, but everyone already knew about it before that.

Kusang_Manalo wrote:
Of course I was majorly disappointed there wasn't any Pie family members brought up.

Wish granted.

Is that a future episode spoiler I just read?

Postby Rukair » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:10 pm

I think it is at the end where they show the scrapbook. Look closely at the top left corner.   

Postby Hiroko » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:29 pm

Oh, actually, Blood Lord, Tenshi, and I managed to find him.

Spoiler images ahead:
He's in this scene right here.
And here's a version where I've outlined him in pink, to make it clearer where he is.
The Sentimental One

Postby Grieffon » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:55 pm

Kusang, you don't happen to have a hand in Slendy's appearance, do you?

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:40 pm

Was totally unaware of this...
Grieffon wrote:
Kusang_Manalo wrote:

Wish granted.

Is that a future episode spoiler I just read?

I would also like to know!
An Optimist

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:04 pm

Hiroko wrote:Oh, actually, Blood Lord, Tenshi, and I managed to find him.

Spoiler images ahead:
He's in this scene right here.
And here's a version where I've outlined him in pink, to make it clearer where he is.

Well done! Did you figure it out before or after the EqD post? It's amazing how this rattled the fandom. I shouldn't be surprised though.

Griffeon wrote:Kusang, you don't happen to have a hand in Slendy's appearance, do you?

I don't have to. Someone's been wanting pull a fast one like that for quite a while. Do you think it's a bit excessive?
Not-an-animator

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:07 pm

I kinda had this feeling they've been wanting to. It was this something that resonated in me saying "Yes... we want to put him in there sometime..."

AND KUSANG, YOU DID NOT ANSWER OUR QUESTION!
An Optimist

Postby Hiroko » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:21 pm

Kusang_Manalo wrote:Well done! Did you figure it out before or after the EqD post? It's amazing how this rattled the fandom. I shouldn't be surprised though.

I guess before, since none of us thought to look at Equestria Daily for it.
The Sentimental One

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:28 pm

About the whole Slendermane thing:

I'm sorry guys I don't see it. Its just a brief little white outline because of an animation error or someone missed a spot when they were coloring the background to me. It might even just be from how they where blurring the area around AJ and Pinkie after Pinkie pounced and they started rolling to make it look like they were going faster and that little splotch showed up. Also there's this:

Don't get me wrong, I would think it be funny and awesome to have something like this wondering around Equestria (I'd prefer something more along the line of an eldritch horror though myself or an episode where Trixie tries to summon and Old One) but I just can't see it the way you guys do.

I mean, what is it suppose to be, his neck tie? Because if it is that seems like we're all really reaching for it this time.

I mean no matter how much I look at the gif, I just can't see it and I'm usually one of the guys who'd jump at this:

Maybe, I could buy it if the color of the background didn't change around the spot (from purple to green) also to make it seem like its even more of an animation error. And not even the cool kind of ones, like Derpy, just someone messing up the colors or forgetting to add Rarity in a shot she's suppose to be in and have her magically appear in the next.
We barely bat an eye at Derpy appearing as a child for one episode, but a few little white lines and everyone freak their shit. Man, I love how goofy and random our fandom can be.

Eh, whatever, have your fun guys. I kind of like Marble Hornets anyways.
I can't see it, but apparently everyone else can, so whatever maybe the messed up sleeping schedule I have is starting to negatively effect my brain.
It not like we already got a shit tone of Slender Pony fanfics and fanart already, what's a few more, but if anyone goes around honestly believing its canon based off of that, it'll be funny to me. Not as funny if Slender actually appeared, but still pretty funny.

Also, I once heard the Slender game and Marble Hornets was a really messed up metaphor for doing your taxes. I doubt that was the devs intent, but hell you can interpret art however you want, even if its an error.

But seriously when am I going to get that episode where Trixie summons an Old One? Hey Kusang, start slyly implementing ideas in the heads of those around you until we get an episode like that. You can do that right?
Last edited by Mad-Mutt on Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bark

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:32 pm

ImageImage
I can see a resemblance.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiroko » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:58 pm

Mad-Mutt wrote:
I mean, what is it suppose to be, his neck tie? Because if it is that seems like we're all really reaching for it this time.

I mean no matter how much I look at the gif, I just can't see it and I'm usually one of the guys who'd jump at this:

Maybe, I could buy it if the color of the background didn't change around the spot (from purple to green) also to make it seem like its even more of an animation error.

That "purple color" is supposed to be his head. It moves along with the suit and tie below it, so I doubt that would be accidental. If you look carefully at the head, you can vaguely see an indent where his eyebrows would be, too (look at Tenshi's still image of it, and look at my outlined picture, too).
The Sentimental One

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:07 pm

I'm sorry Hiroko, but I still don't see it and I can't see how that's meant to be the head even in your outline which I've seen already. Why would it dissolve away as Pinkie and AJ rolled by like that if it was, if they intended Slender to be there, he'd stay like. Sorry, but it just seem like that thing that popped up probably because of the motion blur of the two ponies rolling.
It just doesn't seem like a real Easter Egg to me or something that was intended. Its just a small, insignificant splotch to me, the same I've seen appear in many an episode and other cartoons as well over and over and over again.
Don't let me spoil your fun though, if you see Slendermane there, more power to you, I just don't.
If I were the animators though, I'd totally go with this even if it was a mistake, I'd be like, "OH, yeah, I totally put Slender in there under everyone's noses. Ani-rebel without a cause yo!"
I'm kidding around at this point.
Bark

Postby Hiroko » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:13 pm

The body (the suit and tie) is hiding behind the bush and the top part of the head is covered behind the leaves of the tree. Also, keep in mind that Slenderman is usually a faceless creature. That may be why you aren't quite seeing why it's a head and body. Both parts move together to the left as Pinkie Pie and Applejack roll past it to the right, meaning that the two are, indeed, at least connected parts, mistake or otherwise. And it's because of this that I doubt it's accidental--it seems way too purposeful for it to coincidentally end up like that, in a shape resembling the frontal view of the pony body.

Also, it seems to me that the fact that the writers didn't know about it is exactly why it was so short, since that seems to say that it was something an animator snuck in for kicks, which isn't exactly anything new.
The Sentimental One

Postby Lady Haru » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:33 pm

strange enough, Mad Mutt, i didn't see slender pony in the episode or in Hiroko's pictures. AT ALL.
but now that you've posted that gif, i finally see him. it really does look just like slenderman.... to me anyway
i just find it funny that it was your post that got me to see it haha

---

"the sun is tired"

the moon is sad

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World // Tumblr // Facebook // Steam // Dreadful Comics
Well if I had quotes from others, I would put them here, but I am just another bug in the garden of Snafu.
Is Not Currently Available

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)