My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Saint Soul » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:48 pm

i like the applejack one.

we are ignoring the factor of Micheal Bay.

oh i will tenshi. but it most likely wont be posted here on snafu. unless say hiroko or someone who knows my dA sees it and uploads it.
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:54 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:The more I look at her, the more I want that giant muffin...and hug her...
c:

That brings up a weird question that occurred to me over this last Christmas season.
Anyone else think that, over Hearth's warming eve (since that seems to be equestrian Christmas) and assuming that any baked good we have the ponies have as well (well, anyone that doesn't have meat in it) Derpy might love Pannetone on the grounds it sort of LOOKS like a giant muffin?
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:27 am

Just don't let her know that it's not really a muffin unless you want to have another rage episode. Ha ha

There's a growing number of fan animated content being made these recent months. I guess animated content is more highly regarded now than PMVs nowadays. It's fascinating to see that.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:45 am

Unfortunaely, she'd know the moment she bit in. While it is sometimes called a cake, Pannetone of the family of yeast cakes that, here would be pretty defintively classified as "bread". That's why it's called Pannetone, not Tortatone, "Tony's bread" not "Tony's cake" (there's a cute little legend behind it about a poor baker who daugter falls in love with a rich merchant, but feels that he's not qualfied to move to the big city to let her marry him because they can make all these wonderful pastries and all he knows how to make is bread. So he makes some bread dought containg all kinds of sweet things tosses it in his oven, gives the result to the prospective finacee, he falls in love with it, and the marriage goes ahead. The shape is supposedly because he ran out of baking pans and used a flower pot. Tommie de Paola did a nice book version). Take away the rasins, the candied citrus peel, the vanilla and a few other extracts, and what you have left is basically challah. That isn't to say Derpy might not like bread too, but she'd know without question.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:57 am

That's a interestingly funny story on the origins of Pannetones. If she can easily find out the difference, I think she's bread connoisseur without knowing it!

Yakitate Muffins!

Effin' genius.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:33 am

She'd probably be even more wowed with Baba al Rhum, which can have a similar base (though a ring shaped baba/babka is more common) but more impressive presentation (you take the cake soak it in booze until it's saturated, light it, and present it in a wholly darkened room. Plus it has royal connections (it was invented by (possibly for) an exiled Polish king with an Arabian Nights fetish. But there you get into the question of whether Equestria HAS alcohol, fan beleifs about Berry Punch not withstanding. I THINK it does, since Rarity did cristen that ship with a champagne bottle (it wasn't full of actual champagne, but the fact they have the bottles sort of indicates they make the stuff (unless it's another artefact). And of course Applejack is called Applejack, and has been for many series (though to kids, that word probably reminds them of breakfast cereal, not booze.) I want it to be, for my fanwork I need it to be (so Calvados can stay Calvados and so we can hopefully have a really funny scene in a few year when Rainbow Dash gets old enough to get acess to Sweet Apple Acres private "grownup" cider supply.) But as yet, there is no real canon proof, and given that it is a kids show, there will probably never be.

Postby Grieffon » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:43 am

YES! YEEESSSSS!

Last edited by Grieffon on Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:49 am

Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:34 pm

Already? Wow. Okay, that's pretty neat.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:56 pm

I got a good reaction the last time I did this. My story, Empress Rarity's 250th Birthday, has been updated tonight.
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/145133/ ... h-birthday
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:59 pm

I finished another fanart. I would really like to know what you guys think. I am looking forward to putting these on the wall of the local comic book shop.Image
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:23 am

This one is my favorite so far :3
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:40 am

Oh. Well. Okay then.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 am

Okay, that Pony-Titan thing to me is either really disgusting or kind of cool.

How it might be cool: If the whole thing is just messing around with Raven's voice actor who's Tara Strong who as we all know is Twilight. Its sort of a funny little jib of, "Hey get it? Because Raven's voice actor has done a pony role, do you get it?"
And we're all like, "Yes Teen Titans Go, we get it."

How it might be disgusting: This may be a really blatant attempt to get the MLP fandom to watch the show more. I gave them the bennefit of the doubt the first time something like this went down. Mainly because the idea of Raven being into MLP is funny to me (I know its called something different in the show, but I don't care) and it was just a little joke of her watching it on TV and playing with the action figures.

Teen Titans Go gets a lot of shit, but its kind of a guilty pleasure for me. Either way, this is laughable to me, although it may not be for the reasons they intended.

@Ari:
Also nice job on Pinkie Pie there Ari.
Bark

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:45 am

@Sefrol: They're really cashing in the pony the jokes. It'd be more insteresting if they do more combat scenes than sitcom-y, slap stick humor once in a while. That's what I like about Teen Titans before, especially the brotherhood of evil arc.

@Ari-6: You're on a roll. It's awesome you can showcase your stuff in a bookstore.
Not-an-animator

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:30 pm

@Madd-mutt: Beyond that there's another "in joke to it" one I think is in its own way quite postive. Remember the last line of the orginal time the point was made. Robin suggested they watch the show, and (within the context of the episode) there is no reason to assume he already knows Raven loves it. So that mean that 1. Robin likes the show and 2. He isn't afraid to let anyone else know it. The undercurrent I got is that the show is saying "Robin, who is probably the manliest of the current TT team (or at least, the one most concerned about his mascultinity) is a Brony. He isn't ashamed, and no one shames him for it. Being a Brony is okay.

Postby Biostar » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:12 pm

Another new writer hits it out the park. They need to get new blood more often. The joKes were good this episode

This song is my favorite of the season so far, it was so catchy.

SEASON 5 CONFIRMED

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:07 pm

My thoughts    Structually I like the episode, and not just because I'm an AJ booster. the fact that the Apples are FAR from a perfect family, that they bicker amongst themselves makes them seem more real, more human. It adds depth.

If I had any quibbles it's that a lot of the problem was sort of swept under the rug and that the resolution that there WAS no resolution (that it was impossible to determine if Pinkie was or was not an apple) was taken a bit too quickly. I know that, confined by the 22 minute limit, they really can't go into depth on something like that, but it seemed a little rushed.
The concept of the episode certainly makes sense. The Apples are a huge clan by now, they probably have had thier hooves in many Pies (pardon my pun)
Most notably I notice that it never occurred to Pinkie (or anyone else) to try and contact anyone in her own family and ask them. Surely there's someone keeping geneology records for the Pies as well. We know Pinkie is not like the rest of her family we've seen, but I find it hard to believe she has no way to contact with her family at all. And today's episode sort of refuted the other possibility, that either Pinkie has broken from her family or her family has broken from her. Se said she was proud to be a Pie, and I take her at her word.
Also wasn't there ALREADY an Apple clan member who was named Goldie Delicios; a much younger pony in the first episode? (Or was that Golden Delecious). Oh well, I guess there are probably a lot of similarly named members of the clan, after all the number of apple references you can make is finite.   

Postby J-Dude » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:23 pm

This episode felt kinda blah.

The song sounds a ton better than it did at comic con, there were some good gags... but I called the no-prize ending from a mile away. That they didn't know for sure, but they didn't need to be related to be family... yada yada yawn...

Pinkie was enjoyable enough, but then, her antics always are.

Nothing objectionable, but not much added either...   
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:38 pm

Biostar wrote:Another new writer hits it out the park. They need to get new blood more often. The joKes were good this episode

I felt more like this.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Witch Haru » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:39 pm

don't have cable so uh....

anyone got a link to a video?
feeling anxious to watch it
Art // Literature // Tumblr // Dreadful Comics
Alopunk - Haru, you are 200% a cutie patootie
Tuor - Black lipstick must be messy
Yog - Stay strong, Haru
That chick from that place

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:47 pm

Is Daily Motion okay with you?
Full episode lick:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19jnp ... 1-thebib62
Bark

Postby Witch Haru » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:58 pm

Mad-Mutt wrote:Is Daily Motion okay with you?
Full episode lick:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19jnp ... 1-thebib62

yea already found this link myself, but my computer is taking forever to load it because i have a crap internet connection
seems nobody has uploaded it on youtube yet - surprised honestly, peopletend to do so almost immediately heh
Art // Literature // Tumblr // Dreadful Comics
Alopunk - Haru, you are 200% a cutie patootie
Tuor - Black lipstick must be messy
Yog - Stay strong, Haru
That chick from that place

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:29 pm

I see. I noticed that to when I checked Youtube, weird.

Anyways here are my thoughts on the episode:

Even though they left it up in the air I have a reason for thinking that Pinkie might really be a    member of the Apple familty by blood.    My reasons for this are simple and you'd might miss it in the episode if you blinked (also I have no idea if anyone's pointed this out yet).
   If you remember in the beginning when Pinkie took the scroll without toppling the tower of rolled up paper, the old lady was able to do the same thing with the book.    I doubt its a coincidence and my final conclusion is...
Everyone in the Apple family would kick your ASS at Jenga!

Anyways that's my theory.
Mon-Kitsune, you seemed like you took a bit of an issue with the way this turned out so what do you think of that? Does that make you view it differently or are you still a little disappointed?
And Mon-K, in regards to you wondering about    Golden Delicious's name:   
Like the Apples, I also come from a very extended family, and do you have any idea how many people in my family are named Alfred?

As for the rest of the episode I could pretty much call what was gonna happen in it scene by scene. There was barely a single joke I didn't see coming. Well except for    The crazy cat lady slash hoarder. Also, did she have a fucking jaguar in there!?   
Other than that and a few other things, it was very predictable.
   Will the cart break?    Yep.
   Will the raft break?    Yep.
   Did Granny go the wrong way?    Oh yeah.
   Is Apple Bloom gonna drop the map?    You bet your ass she will. I'd almost be disappointed if she didn't
Its not really a bad thing, and I've taken writing classes and studied many a story be it comic book or tv show, so maybe its not really as predictable to others as I think it is. I still enjoyed it though, even though I saw most of the jokes coming they were still funny to me. The stuff with the eagle made me laugh both times it happened and I liked to play a game when they went through the    "Scariest tunnel in Equestria"    where I would list off all the other movies and time I've heard those    stock monster sounds.   
Did any of you hear something you recognized?

I also really liked the song in this one, if anything it gave Pinkie another chance to sing and (at the risk of starting something) I think Pinkie is the best singer out of the Mane 6. What? That smile song is a bucking masterpiece.
Also, I like country. I like most forms of music, but country is in my top three.

One other thing I'd to add:
Those AJ/Pinkie shipping fanfics just got really creepy all of a sudden.
Bark

Postby Saint Soul » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:42 pm

ari-6 wrote:I finished another fanart. I would really like to know what you guys think. I am looking forward to putting these on the wall of the local comic book shop.Image

ari this is a wonderful piece. i actually like it. and not just in the "oh thats nice" way.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)