My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Grivous » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:17 pm

@Kusang: This is old but still gold.

BTW: Yes! New Episode tomorrow! Yoooo!

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Maru » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:37 pm

This is the first thing I see when I come to this thread.

-slowclap-
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby dj1107 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:32 am

Find it funny that madmax actually uses Cykes current costume.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:27 am

@Blood Lord: Looking forward to the Rarity episode too. Buut this will probably be the reason I'll dislike Manehattan.

Hey I'm building Rainbow Dash now. I'm thinking using the Equestria Girls outfit. Any ideas for a simpler but better outfit for Dashie?
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:15 am

The new episode was great. I think its probably my favorite Rarity focused episode. Although what is starting to bug me is Twilight and her physical appearance. She already has different looking wings than a normal pegasus. But in the last episode with Flutterbat, I've been suspecting she's getting taller so I was looking for some sort of size comparison the entire time in this new episode. I didn't get a good enough one to satisfy me, but her horn looks different than usual. It more like a unicorn stallion's instead of mare's, and this was more noticeable to me when Twilight and Rarity were next to each other at the end.

Am I going crazy here? Or am I just stupid ad didn't notice it before?

Kusang_Manalo wrote:Hey I'm building Rainbow Dash now. I'm thinking using the Equestria Girls outfit. Any ideas for a simpler but better outfit for Dashie?

Cargo pants? Long athletic shorts? I'm trying to think away from the skirt thing.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:34 am

About the only thing I can think of that might make it look more "natural" is to give her basic sneakers or hightops instead of the sneaker boots she has in EQG. While I am aware that those hight boots are more or less the standard for all EQG's the fact remains they look really really weird and more importantly (give what RD's personality is) not really practical for actual sports (well, except maybe wrestling).

Thoughts on todays episode
   1. Why does a show called "Hinny of the Hills" (presumably "The Sound of Music") have a pony in the lead role? Shouldn't it have an actual hinny, or at least a pony dressed up as one? (for those who don't know, a hinny is sort of a reverse of a mule; it's what you get when you mate a male horse to a female donkey. They're usually smaller and less muscular than mules but more docile and tractable.) Donkey's seem to be equal citizens in Equestria, so I have to imagine there are at least SOME mixed bloods wandering around (plus freship and anti-miscegination laws don't really seem to go together, the series isn't My Little Pony: Racial Purity is Magic").
2. Rainbow Dash can spin? Odd, if anyone of the mane six could spin I'd assume it to be Applejack (simply because spinning wheels are old fashioned) Then again, that scene at the end with the spools seems to indicate that they ALL got a turn on the wheel.

3. Odd that, given how infrequently AJ probably goes to Manehattan, she did not look up the Oranges (or Babs Seed's family). She may not like them much but they are still family, and to someone like AJ that would be enough to make a social call. Maybe she did it in a bit we did not see; after Rarity got the prize and things calmed down.   

As for Twilight, well, we already know alicorns tend to get bigger than normal unicorns. Maybe the protion comes with a growth spurt. Cadence has a similar look and we know she is another "made" alicorn. Maybe she grew into it too.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:37 am

Still no youtube link? Danggit.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Grieffon » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:47 am

@Blordy

YT link won't be up for at least 1-2 hours.

And for those who have seen the episode,    those cliffhangers at the end mean something. At least this episode's    does.

That was a solid episode. The part where the mane 6 wanted to go to the show despite Rarity needing their help is off, but understandable given her attitude towards them, even though they offered to help when she had no hope left. I like how they insert the generosity message throughout the episode, and they didn't rush the ending just so that the antagonist received a punishment of some kind, adding a bit more to "generosity".   
Last edited by Grieffon on Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:49 am

Oh, that's awesome. Thanks Grieffon.

Postby Grieffon » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:54 am

What I linked above may be a foreshadowing for the "Rainbow Power". I think Rarity's eyes had a rainbow glow in one part of the episode too.   

Grieffon wrote:https://scontent-a-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1517697_777274545623318_424571899_n.png

I'm not sure what to think about this, and it will probably be in the show, since there's a short animation in a promo

And there's this pony

Postby punzil504 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:55 am

@Kusang

I like the outfit, but I think it's a bit too cutesy for Rainbow Dash and might look better on Fluttershy instead.

While Dash can have her girly girl moments like anypony else, she might be more believable in a t-shirt with a Wonderbolts design, or maybe stars instead of the heart and bows.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Grieffon » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:54 pm

And we have the first artwork of the new character.

Coco Pommel is cute.

Postby J-Dude » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:17 pm

Wow, I think this episode might just be one of the best I've seen all season!

Even if only for the clever humor, the different sort of villain and all the hilarious laugh-out-loud dialogue.

Seriously, Applejack uses herself as an Apple-JACK? That's one of the subtlest jokes I've seen in the show, and perhaps the most brilliant.

Then Rarity's "Isn't friendship MAGIC??!?!?" outburst, and Rainbow calming herself to say "It was a'ight..." in a way that was... rather adorable.

And our villainess herself? I gotta admit, that laugh of hers was simultaneously worthy of a chuckle in the beginning, and made you want to strangle her by the end. She was like a really bitchy Kristen Whig. Though I was surprised SHE was our antag and not the pronounced jawline of the Heidi Klum lookalike.

When Rarity's eyes went prismatic off that rail though, I thought she was having the first epiphany that would grant her the generosity-key to the lockbox. Guess not though, so that effect confused me...   

Still, this was even better than I'd hoped for!
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:32 pm

You go Coco.

That's all I have to say about the new episode.

Well other than this. I really liked the way the city looked in this episode and it really puts into mind just how out in the country Ponyville is.
Bark

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:22 pm

Ugh, Manehattan. It has this charge I'm way too familiar with. You know what? This makes me appreciate Ponyville even more. Ever notice Manehattan look so grey?

And Coco... I love this girl. She's a very smart mare--smart enough to leave the cuntiness and go somewhere with a more optimistic view in the world. Now Rarity has a new recruit for her team. She's starting to build her empire!

@Blood Lord: You don't like the skirt. Yeah, since majority of the cast wore skirts. I'll work something out :]

@Punzil: This is not Dashie's outfit. This pinkie's. I'm just using her as a guide.
Not-an-animator

Postby Biostar » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:24 am

I think this is the first time the whole "no one knows the mane 6" has bothered me. That pony acted totally aloof that he was badmouthing a princess. Maybe if it was acknowledged I could accept it as a running joke but it's like the writers forget the girls are supposed to be famous. At least I assume they would be.

I hear people are trying to name the registration pony Janine Manewitz after that secretary from Ghostbusters.   

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:53 am

Dude, you should understand... The internet doesn't exist in MLP. No pony expected a princess can be this small. I hope they make a joke about this in future seasons. :P

Everyone's making Flutterbats. I'm joining the bandawagon :D

Not-an-animator

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:35 am

Kusang_Manalo wrote:@Blood Lord: You don't like the skirt. Yeah, since majority of the cast wore skirts. I'll work something out :]

Yeah. I just thought it would be something different and fun.

Biostar wrote: I think this is the first time the whole "no one knows the mane 6" has bothered me. Maybe if it was acknowledged I could accept it as a running joke but it's like the writers forget the girls are supposed to be famous. At least I assume they would be.

Are the Mane 6 well known outside of Ponyville? I know they've saved Equestria a few times, so they should get some recognition from people. I would venture to further say that perhaps no one recognizes Twilight because she doesn't dress up like a princess. But she's a bloody alicorn. Everypony should be able to grasp what that means.

Hmm, this is perplexing me.

Postby Lady Haru » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:44 am

not from this epsiode but still, heh

only a few things to say about this episode:
- the songs were very meh to me, as have been all the songs so far this season... how disappointing
- the villian of this episode, oh my, you could tell she was going to be a bitch as soon as she let out that first chuckle. ugh she got on my nerves, i wanted to smack her the whole ep. i'm glad they left it loose at the end, though, so that we don't know if she will ever learn her lesson... i hope she did.
- i like this character Coco, she has the most innocent face - i'd go so far as to say she looks more adorable than Fluttershy! her color pallete is just so easy on the eyes and she is really such a sweetie. i hope we see here again, though, i highly doubt it.
- the spool... hmmm i wonder about that spool!   
ImageImage
Tumblr 1 // Tumblr 2 // Facebook // Dreadful Comics
Alopunk - Haru, you are 200% a cutie patootie
Your Queen Your God

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:34 pm

Funny comic, though I admit that, until the got to the last panel I was half expecting it to turn into a version of Abbot and Costello's "can't eat all the tomatoes" routine. ("You eat what you can, and what you can't eat, you can.")
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Grivous » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:15 pm

What if....

The keys to open that mysterious box... aren't really keys?
What if they could be... something else?

*Discuss*

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:40 pm

Grivous wrote:What if....

The keys to open that mysterious box... aren't really keys?
What if they could be... something else?

*Discuss*

Grivous.

Well... I suppose-

Postby Princess » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:17 pm

Anyone have a streaming link to the Rarity episode? I need it. For science.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Grivous » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:36 pm

@Stuff: Griffon posted a youtube link, if you want.

Now, a friend of mine made an theory about that    spool of rainbow theared:

First, Meghan McCarthy tossed on Twiiter:   

Twiiter Image

This is the scene where Rarity realeases that her friends are more important than the show itself and have an Generosity epiphany.   

GIF Image

Then, when Rarity goes back to Ponyville, she got a spool of rainbow theared. She put it within her own collection, which thier colours are awkwardly exactly as the Mane6.   

JPG Image

The spool of rainbow theared sparkles after a close-up showing all the spools.
Obs: If you take a close look in the flash... you can also see all the Mane6 colours together!   

GIF Image

Can it be linked with...?

JPG Image

Oh my........

Grivous.
Last edited by Grivous on Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grivous

Postby Princess » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:10 pm

Doesn't come up on my tablet, found it on YouTube.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)