My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:34 pm

Grivous wrote:@Mon-Kitsune: Error 404. Oh noes!

Sorry, I keep forgetting some of your servers have problems with direct Danbooru posts. I've switched the pic to another server.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:15 pm

Grivous wrote:Kusang's Animation on EQD! Congrats, dude!

Grivous.

The fun has been doubled!

Tis a good way to end the year.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Grieffon » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:18 pm

We may not have seen the last of Flutterbat yet.

The above official image was posted long after the episode aired. Combining with the bat fang we saw at the end, it may mean that she can transform again. It would be great if she transform a bit to bat whenever she becomes angry. (that's an edit)

Postby Guardian » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:37 pm

It'd add some more fun to the fanfiction department. So many good ideas out of this episode.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:44 pm

"Because she's the hero that apple orchard deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt her... because she can take it... because she's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a Dark Knight..."

Brainstorm, who did "Brony Community" did an animated collab with Living Tombstone. This is kinda somber since it reflects that creepy desire of contestants in audition shows like American Idol.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Grieffon » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:04 pm

I'm not sure what to think about this, and it will probably be in the show, since there's a short animation in a promo

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:56 pm

I said I was going to draw it so here it is:

Flutterbat by Moonlight
--
--
Flutterbat by Moon light
Fluttershy by daylight
She'll hiss at you and take flight
She's the one named Flutterbat
She's the one named Flutterbat
Bark

Postby BeeAre » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:55 pm

I foresee someone in the fandom undertaking an interesting challenge remaking the Dark Knight Trilogy through Fluttershy at some point.

It does make an interesting bit of thematic sense that Fluttershy's ascribed supernatural abilities, while as a general rule hilarious, are bestial in any expression, mundane or magical.

Personal canon note-taking going on extensively this episode.

Pinkie seems to have Mane-iac powers to some extent, the more I think about it. All of her abilities seem to manifest... off the top of her head. Hm...
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Grivous » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:31 pm

Happy New Year for you all!

(It is already Jenuary 01, 2014 here).

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby ari-6 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:32 pm

I made another fanart. I think I did a better job this time so here it is
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:07 pm

Very well done Ari. AJ looks really cool. And I like the placement of the cutie mark.

Well, you guys have been hearing me talk about it for months now and its finally out.

Two Best Sisters Play Pokemon Snap.
Get Hyped!
Also, you'll get to see that Pimp-Ass Eevee.

Dang dude, Mr. Mine is an asshole.
Bark

Postby Grieffon » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:56 am

Happy New Year!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:39 am

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... Anyone want to see something interesting?

JAPANESE DERPY!!! Like, wow. They even call her Derpy in the dub... Japan: they don't think Derpy is "politically incorrect".

Good on them, because that's just the most adorable thing ever~
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:28 am

Oh dear God, Derpy's Japanese voice sounded so fricken adorable.

Seriously that was like Chiyo-chan levels of cute.
Bark

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:13 am

#1 - YumiI Uchiyama/Derpy redub
#2 - Tabitha
#3 - Grey DeLisle

This is my ranking on best Derpy voice. Yeah, I cheated on Top 1
Not-an-animator

Postby Rukair » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:54 pm

Welcome every one to 2014! Yay. Now then, Japanese Derpy is so adorable that I might die from it. Also FlutterBat is very umm...well lets just say I wouldn't mind her eating all my apples.
Image Image is by Uotapo on Dev.

Edit*: If anyone has Netflix on their PS3 or Xbox and have not yet watched Bronies, I'm here to say that it's now on. I just recently watched it and I just love it. I wish I can say more but I just can't, I'm speechless right now.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:31 pm

Yes, humanoid Flutterbat seems to automatically get a sort of Lilith/Morrigan vibe (I haven't played Darstalkers in a while, so I forgot which is the one with the long hair)

As for Derpy, waht did you expect. This is Japan we are talking about the have much more liberal (I really want to say "reasonable") concepts of what is not too offensive to put on TV. So derpy is a clumsy ditzy screwup . In the world of Japanese animation it's OKAY to be a clumsy ditzy screwup, it's an entire legitamate CHARACTER type at least two thirds of anime shows have one. I agree that Japanese Derpy is great, but it doesn't remind me of how right they got, but of how wrong we got it.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:38 pm

That would be Morrigan you're speaking of. She's the one who was the original being while Lilith was only a part of her. Also... yeah, that pretty much sums it up there. Over here it just... *sighs* Why, America? Why can't we have nice things?
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Hiroko » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:32 pm

Oh my God, Japanese Derpy sounds so precious! >u< I literally squealed the moment I heard her voice.
The Sentimental One

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:37 pm

If I were to hazard a guess I'd say it's because we are trained to have as thin a skin as possible, and be unable to distinguish between innocent (if ignorant) fun and actual malice. Though admtittedy there are things that even I, who am pretty jaded by now find a little shocking, like the discovery that, prior to about 1985, no basic children's classic book series in Japanese was complete without a version of Little Black Sambo (it's actually a little creepy how popular the story is over there, even now, there is a huge movement in Japan by parents who want the publishing companies to go back to printing versions so they can give them to thier kids.) or the bilingual Chinese/English book I had that was at about three year old reading level and had one of the stories use the word "s**t" (I think that that one may have been an innocent mistake however, based on the way the story read, it seemed the translator may have actually thought that was the normal English word for what a fly leaves on a mirror. Similar to why the fake money and checks that people in Asia burn for thier ancestors is often marked as being drawn on the Bank of Hell.)
anhow back to ponies

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:11 pm

I guess I'll throw in some stuff about this because I know at least a little bit about what the standards are for Japanese children's programing.

In a Japanese cartoon for kids you can have scenes of violent bloody murder and full frontal nudity and no one will bat an eye.

Case in point (for the bloody murder part I'm not linking to the nudity):

That is from Detective Conan, a Japanese kids show about a super smart kid that solves murders and there are much more graphic and bloody deaths than this. There are scenes of heads being chopped off. A dying man leaving a message written in his own blood. A woman having her head cut off on a roller coaster (that's the first episode by the way), and there's a scene where Conan and his little kid friends find a bloody dead guy with a horrified expression frozen on his face who has been shoved into a bathtub while the entire room is splattered and painted with blood. There's suicide, brief and partial nudity, kidnapping, and a whole lot of blood.
And this is a kids show in Japan.

Also, the most popular kids show in Japan is a show called Crayon Shin-Chan, which features full frontal nudity of both male and female characters, but its played up for laughs.

When Shin-Chan was brought over to the west they dubbed with very adult humor because there was no way any parent was going to let their kids watch this.

Compared to everything else that is allowed in Japanese kid's shows a naughty word or two being said or a pony who seems a bit... slow seems like the most trivial thing.

My point being Japan TV has waaay different standards than we do.

Anyways here's some ponies:

Bark

Postby BeeAre » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:35 pm

Towairaito Suparaku: I mustn't run away, I mustn't run away, I mustn't run away!
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:13 pm

@Mad-Mutt,
Yeah, I remember both of those show, especially Shin Chan, since it was one of the few times Cartoon Network had to ocassionally break it's normal rule and had to somtimes actually show the nudity unfogged/blurred (they blurred a lot of it, but if you look carefully there are a handful of episodes they showed where some of it snuck through.
I wanted to show a few examples from my book collection to show that the rules are just as loose with kids books in Japan as they are with the TV carttons but the two rather tame examples below is the best I can do with what is to hand. My apologies (my apologies also for how crappy the images are as well,and how big, my main computer is acting up again, and until it's up and running again, I can't use my scanner, just my camera.) Trust me, some of them have far more extreme examples, from several with full frontal nudity (though mostly only the occasional naked little boy) to much more bloody/ disturbing pictures of violence (several of the versions of Snow White I have make a real point of making sure to include an illustration of the end of the story where the queen dances herself to death in red hot iron shoes.)
From The Wild Swans, the princess weaving her shirts of nettles, blood included
And an example of a completly drunk little girl, from the same series coverage of Anne of Green Gables. Not techically all that bad,and it is in the story, but most American illustrated copies would not show it (Actually, I'm not sure any Western publisher would MAKE a picture book of Anne of Green Gables, at least not one designed for such a young audience, it would be consdered too "old" a book for such reader. Japanese classic series have a lot of books like that, I've seen kids picture versions of King Lear, Carmilla (Sheridan leFaneu) and such.
and another DBZ Pony pic

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:21 am

Hey Vegeta, remember that... pony planet?
Not-an-animator

Postby Guardian » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:12 am

Tomorrow's episode is Rarity specific. :3

“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)