My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Biostar » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:01 pm

Grieffon wrote:Like that ever stopped the fandom from making gay ship between Shining Armor and Braeburn. Plus it could still be    an orphanage   .

I meant that she isn't homeless. Her being an orphan would be crushed if we saw her biological parents.   

Postby J-Dude » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:29 pm

Okay, I was actually so catatonic I didn't realize we were seeing Scootaloo's house for the first time.   
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:36 pm

For starters on the Power Ponies trailer:
DID FLUTTERSHY JUST TURN INTO THE FUCKING HULK!?

Now my random thoughts on the episode:
In the past I've said I liked Diamond Tiara, but she just crossed the line.   How dare she make fun of Scoot's possible disability like that! I will dropkick that bitch! I'm kidding of course,    but still its getting a lot harder for me to like Tiara lately. As for Silver Spoon, meh, she barely has her own personality outside of Diamond Tiara's personal satellite. I have this theory that Spoon actually WASN'T born with her own personality or even the ability to think or speak on her own. Then she met Tiara and she just mentally sponged up everything Tiara did and said until she became what she is now. That why her cutie mark is a spoon, because she's feeding off of Tiara in order to process some form thought, even if she's just mimicking her leader. In times where Spoon spends more than a few hours away from Tiara, her brain begins to shut down until Tiara in near her again. She like a little silver haired leech.

What was I talking about again... Oh yeah the episode.
It was okay, I'm actually glad    that it didn't end with Scoot learning how to fly. I do wish that they flat out went in the direction of, Scoot's wings don't work right and she's flight disabled and that got some more focus. But hey, the show only rarely goes in the direction I want it to. Maybe because I'm a bit sick upstairs. It was never my head canon that Scootaloo was homeless or lived in an orphanage (I already think she's got crippled wings so she needs a bit of a break) Although we don't know what type of house that is so some of our more stubborn fellow fans could argue it might be an orphanage. I still say one or both of her parents are dead and she's raised by someone else. We only got to see one room of where ever it is she lives.

I also want to point out how cool Dash was in this. Just saying. And I didn't think the song was that bad. Rule of thumb is if J-Dude hates it then its probably not that bad because he has bad tastes. Just kidding with you, bro.

Just a few other random thoughts, Damn Scoot is fast on that scooter and did Snips and Snails really need all that stuff on the ride over? Also we got some, TOTALLY RANDOM SLOW MOTION HI-FIVE ACTION FROM GRANNY 'I'VE LIVED FOR TWO-HUNDRED YEARS AND PROBABLY GOT ANOTHER TWO-HUNDRED IN ME' SMITH!!!!! YOUR BRAIN CAN NOT CONTAIN THE HYPE MO-FO!!!!   

So yeah, it was a cute little episode, it didn't do what I was hoping for, but I've come to terms with the fact that the show might not ever go into "this is getting a little too real" territory I want it to. Its just that the show makes it so easy for it to happen.
Bark

Postby Grieffon » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:06 pm

Animation and facial expressions of this season is superb

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:30 pm

I really like how they've been doing the light and the shadowing in this season.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:58 pm

Overall, even though it didn't blow anything out of the water, I did like this episode. Nowhere near as much as the opening for the season, but more than the previous episode at first glance. But I do agree with J-Dude on a couple things, one that the song wasn't all too spectacular and two that despite kinda touching on a sensitive subject the episode felt kind of "safe". It really could have been something if they focused on some possible backstory for why Scoot's can't fly or any sort of heartfelt scene by herself. But to the episode's merit, that simple act of getting under someone's skin about something someone is self-conscious about... Wow. I felt it hit close to home. And then it effecting the whole routine because it's the only thing Scoot's was focusing on? The power of words, yo. Even though this sort of thing has happened before, I think it worked best here to relate to the viewer since the CMC are so young. It would either have someone young as well learn to not let insecurities get them down and see the good they can do and support those who are feeling deeply insecure or have someone who's older look back on how these sort of things effected them in the past and elicit strong emotion. It did for me. Hard. And for the song, the hardest part to listen to was the bridge. Yet them focusing on the "horse" part made me think back to the Saddle Arabia horses... Maybe it means something more the them the word horse? Since everyone's a pony aside from Luna and Celestia, maybe horses are a different breed in their world. But I think the strongest part that most people will talk about was the interaction between RD and Ms. Horsewhiney. Like, wow, what did that remind me of... I can't quite put my finger on it and it's bothering me. But yeah, I loved how well they interacted. Yes. Good.   
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby dj1107 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:51 pm

http://derpibooru.org/121475?scope=scpe ... 32dee2da81

-sigh- remember when Nostalgia Critic was funny? Yeah those were good times....
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:58 pm

Mad-Mutt wrote: In the past I've said I liked Diamond Tiara, but she just crossed the line.   How dare she make fun of Scoot's possible disability like that! I will dropkick that bitch! I'm kidding of course,    but still its getting a lot harder for me to like Tiara lately. As for Silver Spoon, meh, she barely has her own personality outside of Diamond Tiara's personal satellite. I have this theory that Spoon actually WASN'T born with her own personality or even the ability to think or speak on her own. Then she met Tiara and she just mentally sponged up everything Tiara did and said until she became what she is now. That why her cutie mark is a spoon, because she's feeding off of Tiara in order to process some form thought, even if she's just mimicking her leader. In times where Spoon spends more than a few hours away from Tiara, her brain begins to shut down until Tiara in near her again. She like a little silver haired leech.

I sort of in concurrment in that with characters like Silver Spoon I keep hoping for the "bite back", the point where the character who you think is the perfect lackey finally turns on the bad guy and lets them have it right between the eyes; when they finally grow a spine, grow a pair, and turn thier back, when they show that there is a line they plain and simply won't cross. I was a bit miffed that we lost out on it in Avatar:LOK this season (seriosly I can't be the only one who wasn't hoping that Ju Lee by the end would turn and slap Vaarik silly, or drive her oh-so-sensible pump nine inches up his ass). But I hope we will see it eventually there, and I hope we will see the same here.
Going back to the actual episode one thing I noticed wasn't    just that Scootaloo may not be able to fly but her reason may be off. When she gives her reason, she specifically blames her wings for being too small. But that doesn't seem to be a reason born out of evidence. Scoot's wings are a bit undersized for her age, but they don't seem excessively so. And in any case there is the matter of Snowflake (BTW did anyone else get a giggle out of his cameo in this episode, Mr. Uber Tough being frightened by a butterfly). His wings are half the size of Scoot's (and his body twenty times the size and mass) and he has no problem (I don't care how many steriods he takes, if it was all wing size, no amount of flapping could get him off the ground). As much as I hate to say it (especially since the fact that scoot will never learn to fly is all but canon) but her problem may be less in her wings and more in her head. I'm wondering (assuming she really is an orphan, if whatever happened to her parents has left her with some sort of anti flying pyschological block (maybe she saw her parents get killed flying and has buried the memory. Oh and this episode also re-enforces my belief from way back (that Pound Cake's ability to basically fly from birth is probably exceptional for a pony)   
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby BeeAre » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:17 am

Harshwhinny rules. Every moment she is on screen is awesome.

Song is bizarre. Not bad, just. Thematically dizzy. Not very focused. A sort of fight song.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:19 am

Agreed. Harshwhinny was top notch. Want to see more of her interacting with other ponies now.
An Optimist

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:20 am

BeeAre wrote:Harshwhinny rules. Every moment she is on screen is awesome.

Song is bizarre. Not bad, just. Thematically dizzy. Not very focused. A sort of fight song.

I'm getting a "I"m gonna make a man out of you" vibe on the song with some hint of "Rocky" visuals.

Like Mon-kitsune, the message in this episode hit home as well. I thought I'll never be good at drawing until I can draw as well as cheeks-74 or guezav back then. I tried to be as good as them. Still not good.But then I just keep on drawing. Overtime, I realize how silly my ideals aew and just keep on drawing what I like.

This Stephen Silver video I think has the similar idea.

"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Grivous » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:33 am

Kusang_Manalo wrote:
BeeAre wrote:Harshwhinny rules. Every moment she is on screen is awesome.

I'm getting a "I"m gonna make a man out of you" vibe on the song with some hint of "Rocky" visuals.

I felt the exactly same vibe in this song.
Even the rhythm is very similar.

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby ari-6 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:25 pm

So the other day I decided to make some mlp fanart. I Never done that before. And I thought it might be okay if I posted it here. I figured here would be the best place to get feedback on it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:29 pm

Dat cutie mark.
Looks stunning.
Ain't that a word I haven't used in a while.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Lady Haru » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:49 am

looks great! and i checked out your gallery on DA, love it

is it just me or does she look quite tired?
ImageImage
Tumblr 1 // Tumblr 2 // Facebook // Dreadful Comics
Alopunk - Haru, you are 200% a cutie patootie
Your Queen Your God

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:42 am

@Ari-6:

I already saw and commented on that in your DA account, but I'll say something here to. It looks great, the sky and the hair looks really well done as well as the moon, and I like how the cutie mark is a shoulder tattoo.

Also, on a slightly relevant note. I recently found this and it has become one of my favorite Luna images of all time, if just for the shirt she's wearing.
Ha, suck it Celestia. Luna 2014!
Bark

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:13 am

I'm head over heals over that picture, Ari~ By the gods, I can't get over that face... The hand... The sky... That fabric... Just all so WOW! I didn't even know you did art and I feel so ashamed about not knowing!
An Optimist

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:15 am

He has an art thread :3
That I can't find for some reason.

Blood Lord: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55062
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:29 am

I'm trying to find the MLP micro 10 comic. Anyone seen it or is it not out yet?

Postby Grieffon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:14 pm

@ari:
It looks great. There's just one thing, since your light source is behind Luna, most of her front would be in shadow, with highlight only around the edge, like this:

@Blordy:
It's not out yet. I think this month's issues are delayed.

Postby dj1107 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:22 pm

You will not BELIEVE the tears of joy when I saw this
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Cerulean » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:10 pm

@ari That looks amazing c:
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Grivous » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:52 am

Micro Comic #10 and Comic #14 is already out on YayPonies.

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby ari-6 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:26 am

Micro comic number 10? I think I may have just purchased that from my local comic store. I liked it because it had a picture of Luna on the front on a caffeine binge and I thought it looked pretty funny. Kind of reminded me of myself at five in the morning.

And I just started reading it. Luna and Celestia switch roles for a day, This is very amusing.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:02 pm

Found it. It was most amusing.

EDIT: One more thing, does anyone know why there is a current popularity rise with the "Twilight eats a peach" kind of stories? Two slots are taken up by such stories on the cover page of FiMfiction.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)