My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:12 am

Wow, that brings back memories~
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:53 pm

Woot! I got my story updated again! Second chappter clocked 7,800 words!

For those that can;t remember or want to check it out, here's the link: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/145133/ ... h-birthday
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Grivous » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:41 pm

I am with Digibrony about "Daring Don't" on this time.

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Rukair » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:19 pm

Hello everybody! Man I need to come back here more often. The premiere really did got me I would have never thought the elements of harmony had to be given up. I also like how discord is kinda the same even though he is reformed. Now then on to the third episode, at the end of CastleMania for some reason I thought it was Luna who was playing the Oregon and as for episode four "eehh" is all I can say for it, but I'm still pretty excited for the rest of season 4. Now then I came across something interesting on http://asksurprise.tumblr.com/ this:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/de598f2d6c6adc4527f26d841d333d6e/tumblr_mxg2yrhoxG1rpsdt6o1_1280.jpg is this close to canon?

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:55 am

Sports.

Yeah.
An Optimist

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:08 am

I drew a baby Changeling.
What? I think its cute.
Bark

Postby BeeAre » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:46 pm

My major criticism is you are showing too much of the curvature of the head for the upper right section, conveying the curve of the head before the slide to the other side of the head that we can't see. You are showing too much of it.

Weirdly, I make so much note of this because the dark color did not make the mistake obvious, and it is very good otherwise. I call attention to it because if you squint and reduce some of the curve of the head that is behind the horn in your mind's eye, it looks more natural--and the dark color did this for me automatically.

Aside from that specific technical note: very good work.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:07 pm

@BeeAre:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts BeeAre. And I do appreciate the criticisms. I'm glad you still found it nice though. Thanks a lot man.

Anyways here's some more art. This one I found while poking around the internet:

My initial reaction to seeing this was, "Yes!"
   She'd be a better pilot than Shinji   
Bark

Postby ari-6 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Ow man, mlp Evangelion parody! That makes me want to draw one. Are there any more with the other characters?

She could be piloting with hooves and still be better at it than Shinji
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:47 pm

I want to be able to draw like that so badly.

EDIT: Screw it. I know I don't have the tools or skills, but makes me want to draw the mane 6 with their own cars/ships/pods from the Wipeout Racing games.

And I'm going to do it.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Grieffon » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:53 am

Once in a while I see a great picture that is more than just looking pretty.

You can imagine the dragon clawing the ground out of desperation and helplessness, and holding out the last surviving egg in her hand to an alicorn passing by.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:14 am

Yeah, Grif. There's also ones that move :D Like this one:

"Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's TWILY~"
An Optimist

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:43 am

ari-6 wrote:Ow man, mlp Evangelion parody! That makes me want to draw one. Are there any more with the other characters?

Dash is the only one I've seen.

St. Blood wrote:I want to be able to draw like that so badly.

You and me both BL.

St. Blood wrote:EDIT: Screw it. I know I don't have the tools or skills, but makes me want to draw the mane 6 with their own cars/ships/pods from the Wipeout Racing games. And I'm going to do it.

I look forward to seeing that.

Grieffon wrote:Once in a while I see a great picture that is more than just looking pretty.
You can imagine the dragon clawing the ground out of desperation and helplessness, and holding out the last surviving egg in her hand to an alicorn passing by.

That is a really great work of art right there. I can almost see her tears.
Its this kind of stuff I would love to see the actual show dive into, well maybe not to this level, but dang would I love to see a season that really touches on the character's issues like this and just go for broke. Give me the feels MLP, please give me the feels.
I'm probably never gonna get it, but I can dream... and make comics and fanfics.
Bark

Postby Grieffon » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:52 pm

“Reflections” part 1. The start of this epic four-part story will see the ponies travel to a new world in desperate need of aid… that is, if they can discover the secret spells of Starswirl the Bearded! Secret traps and magical danger are only the first steps on the ponies greatest adventure yet!

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:17 pm

A new world you say? Interesting.
Semper Vigilans

Postby ari-6 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:34 pm

Grieffon wrote:Image

Anyone else notice the scowling RainbowDash in the mirror? Or what about the shackles on the wall clearly intended for restraining someone, positioned right in front of the mirror? I wonder if this is going to be one of those "Mirror acts as a doorway between alternate dimensions" things. Luna is in it, that's cool. I really like the art in this picture, the style really makes the comic look dated.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Cerulean » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:54 pm

Yea, and I'm wondering what Pinkie's reflection was. From what little we can see, the reflection looks...off.
Last edited by Cerulean on Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:04 pm

It isn't smiling and it's hair looks straight. Looking forward to seeing evil Luna. Her hoof guards look kind of off to me, but I could be wrong
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Hiroko » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Cerulean wrote:Yea, and I'm wondering what Pinkie's reflection was. From what little we can see, the reflection looks...off.

From what I can see, there's a good chance that it was "Pinkamena" in the mirror (or essentially, what the fandom likes to imagine is Pinkie Pie's depressive and/or insane personality, based on this scene from the episode "Party of One").
The Sentimental One

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:23 pm

Is Episode 5 out yet. I'm dying to watch it!
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Cerulean » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:32 pm

@ari & Hiroko Ohhhhh, now I see. I wasn't recognizing the hair, as hair xD
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby J-Dude » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:12 am

Well, that's a wrap.

Ugh...

This episode was so... meh...

I think the stink of "Games Ponies Play" has rubbed off onto this episode.

I mean, there was nothing BAD about it, but... it was dull. It was boring. It was just so unmemorable... I'm struggling to remember what happened as I sit here summing it up.

Is it just me? Does anyone else see any memes springing-forth from this episode? Any expressions worth being exploited?

And what's this "controversy" that was advertised over Twitter? The fact that Scootaloo DOESN'T fly by the end like was suggested, and we're just left with the umpteenth "it'll happen when it happens" moral for the Crusaders?

Also, first song of the season, and... blagh! Am I the only one who thought it was as dull and uninspired as the rest of it? Give the episode one bit of credit... it's consistent.

Seriously, this has to be the first MLP song that I felt like opening another tab on my browser during. Did Mr. Ingram get put under a zombification ray for this one, or could he just find no way whatsoever of injecting life into this with his talent? It really did feel like THIS much of the episode was just on autopilot.

But hey, I guess this is what happens when you make the Crusaders carry an entire episode with only ONE of the Mane Six ever interacting with them or being seen...

So, onward to Power Ponies, so hopefully we can freaking wake up. Most anticipated episode we know about, let's hope IT doesn't disappoint...   
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby Biostar » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:49 am

It was an okay episode. I was expecting some kind of game changer but it didn't come. That pan to Scootaloo's flank had me on the edge of my seat. Then nothing happens. I feel trolled. Oh well. Rainbow and Ms. Harshwhinny were entertaining at least.

Scootaloo lives in a normal house so half of that headcanon is crushed. Now all we need is to see her parents to crush the other.   

J-Dude wrote:   Any expressions worth being exploited?   

Ms. Harshwhinny's mouth animation in the beginning was odd.   

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:50 am

I enjoyed this one, to be honest.

From what I took from it    it wasn't the same repetitive jargon we hear from CMC episodes, but it was more of a "We all have disablities or issues - but we learn how to work with them because that's what makes us who we are." Like when Dash, Applebloom and Sweetie Bell went back to get Scootaloo. Dash was able to do those things, like fly with the flag, because that's who she is, but Scootalo isn't RD. she has her own talents and skills that make her awesome.   
Semper Vigilans

Postby Grieffon » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:55 am

Biostar wrote:   Scootaloo lives in a normal house so half of that headcanon is crushed. Now all we need is to see her parents to crush the other.   

Like that ever stopped the fandom from making gay ship between Shining Armor and Braeburn. Plus it could still be    an orphanage   .

St. Blood wrote:From what I took from it    it wasn't the same repetitive jargon we hear from CMC episodes, but it was more of a "We all have disablities or issues - but we learn how to work with them because that's what makes us who we are." Like when Dash, Applebloom and Sweetie Bell went back to get Scootaloo. Dash was able to do those things, like fly with the flag, because that's who she is, but Scootalo isn't RD. she has her own talents and skills that make her awesome.   

I agree, though it feels like that part that matters in the episode is too short.

Speaking of which, next week will make one of the headcanon of the fandom comes true

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)