My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby dj1107 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:04 am

You know after spending a good large chunk of this year reading JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I find myself flaberghasted over the similarities between the latter half of Phantom Blood & Magic Duel unintentional as they may be.

Anyway so far I'm very mixed on S4 right now. The beginning was a good game changer & it was nice to see alot of the canon finally filled in. CastleMania was very "eh" to me & I'm just putting Daring Don't as a very hollow episode.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:19 am

CastleMania to me was no Lesson Zero, but it did give me quite a few giggles and used the characters' personal traits very well to twist the situation into an uncanny mess of hysteria. Also, it gave me this headcanon that all those secret passages are things the two princesses used to get around the castle as fillies for fun. If the show group comes back to the castle and gives a backstory about all the things Twilight was reading in the princesses' journal I'd totally flip. Make for a very interesting callback, if only as a flashback moment, or only a simple mention. But seeing more about Celestia and Luna's past and what they looked like similar to the white potion flashback spell is what this season is calling to me as something that will surely happen.
An Optimist

Postby BeeAre » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:34 am

So. Daring Do is to Dash what Dash is to Scootaloo.

Yeah, totally lesbian vibe at the end.

I liked the fact that the mobster ponies had cutie marks that seemed to indicate they were good at ambush and profanity. :0)

More analysis, however, given how a lot of people are interpreting the circumstances as poor planning. I see opportunity, not mistake.

We don't know much about what actually goes on in the books, so the massive amount of narrative lost to the audience could
involve Equestrian government procedure in which we do not get involved.

Ms. Do seems to be at least considered extremely capable by her big fans, so it is possible that she is so busy doing what she does that despite the magical shit that the main characters get up to in their proceedings, she could know nothing about them but the most cursory of information. Her reading some newspaper: "Bearers of the Elements of Harmony exist... Huh. Welp! Back to fighting the Pony Mafia."

I bet when she actually finished writing the book, she had to do some research on who the fuck Dash was; this may have made her double-take.

I think Daring Do is using her fiction as misdirection, publishing things after they have become unimportant, in a way that lets her top-secret work get to Princess Celestia safely. Exploiting popular culture by letting the information's sheer plurality through word of mouth - rather than its importance - move the plot of her books up through Canterlot to the Royals. I would wager the Princesses go over her presumed pulp fiction with interest in their eyes.

I am beginning to think of Daring Do as a kind of... A-Team, but Deathstroke-sized, sort of functionary. It wasn't the world in trouble, it was just that valley getting eight hundred years of heat. That's hardly something the Princesses would dispatch the Element Bearers on given their specialty with nation/world crises that delve into emotional interaction.

Twilight is overpowered but scatterbrained. Applejack is the only one in the team with the consistent focus that Daring Do - as we now know her books are autobiographical - has demonstrated over and over again. She also cannot fly. Daring Do has to be like. Some kind of ex-military.

"In Pony-'X6, a crack commando became an author in order to cover for exploits she did commit. This mare promptly escaped from the toils of everyday life into the literary underground. Today, still wanted by the government, she survives as an archaeologist of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find her... maybe you can hire... Daring Do."   
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby dj1107 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:47 am

The whole "   Daring Doo    didn't know who the Mane 6 were" didn't really bug me given that Equestria just seems to have this knack of forgetting who the Mane 6 are after every big catastrophic event when the seasons starts & ends.

Postby BeeAre » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:50 am

Only two cities in the entirety of the country apparently have any idea what the group looks like. This is true.

The Crystal Empire seems to be. Somewhere else that is not considered Equestria, I guess?
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
BR

Postby ari-6 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:09 am

I hope no one minds but I felt like sharing this. I thought it was pretty funny. I hope it has not already been placed on this thread by someone or I would feel very silly. Image
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:00 am

I swear, that face...

And looking over BR's thoughts on the episode, he makes a good point.    For example, even though the episode where Discord returned wasn't entirely the best portrayal of reform that everyone could agree on, it still opened up the chance for his wonderful contribution in this season's opener with signs still of his old self and that the Mane 6 still don't trust him. And if they build him up even further, him gaining their trust through this season then finally turning on them, it makes that one episode all the more important to the story. So having another something for RD to take great interest in, going on adventures with Daring Doo, can flush out some more character development for her since it looks like her dream of becoming a Wonderbolt doesn't look all to far away since getting into the academy. Heck, there could even be a conflict having her to choose between adventuring with one of her idols, who she's gotten to work together with side by side in the thick of it, or flying with the Wonderbolts with her other idols, who she's dreamed of joining since she was young. It's kind of nice how continuity can make a seemingly unimportant or unimpressive part of a series key to creating something amazing down the line.   
An Optimist

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:18 pm

BeeAre wrote:The Crystal Empire seems to be. Somewhere else that is not considered Equestria, I guess?

In my opinion, since they have their own Princess to look after them, which was still an appointment made by Celestia, the Crystal Empire is its own nation. but since we know it to have only one city, its like a city-state.

I'm trying to think of a good example of either really close nations like that or a nation within a nation, like the UK. But the UK doesn't quite work out the way I'm thinking... I think.

BeeAre wrote:   "In Pony-'X6, a crack commando became an author in order to cover for exploits she did commit. This mare promptly escaped from the toils of everyday life into the literary underground. Today, still wanted by the government, she survives as an archaeologist of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find her... maybe you can hire... Daring Do."   

I don't know why this has spoiler tags, BUT THIS NEEDS TO BE TURNED INTO A STORY OR A VIDEO.   
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby ari-6 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:55 pm

...If only BeeAre knew someone who was an artist....

I had sometimes wondered, with all of Bleed's popular mlp, that he never considered making an mlp webcomic. I just thought, considering it already has a large pre-existing audience, it would be sure to be popular.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:08 pm

Technically, since Cadence is presumably subordinate to Celestia, but ONLY to Celestia and, It may be more on the line of a Free Imperial city, like they had back in the Holy Roman Empire. But City Sate is pretty close too.
That does raise an interesting point though, if the Crystal Empire only consists of the one city, why is it called the Crystal Empire. In order to be an empire, don't you have to actually have mutiple nations or kingdoms under your control? And if it actually is an empire, and Cadence is the ultimate ruler, doesn't that make her EMPRESS Cadence and therfore actually outranking Princess Celestia? Maybe it was bigger when Sombra (who I will note is himself only referred to as king, not emperor) and when he fell the outlying areas became free, leaving just the capital. Sort of like when the Papal states were cut loose from the church during the formation of Italy, ultimately just leaving Vatican city {that is a real oversimplification but will do for the moment]
Actually it just ocurred to me that we have an almost Oz like situation here, where the Tin Woodman's ruling title is Emperor of the Winkies (despite Baum never mentioning the Winkie kindom having any colonies or vassal states either.) but is a subserviant ruler to Princess Ozma.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby dj1107 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:17 am

Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:22 am

And thus, the CMC were never seen again.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby dj1107 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:30 am

Yeah sorry for sounding like a slowpoke given that I haven't visited this thread in for-fraking-ever but how's everyone with the comics & did anyone spot the Sailor Moon cameos?

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:51 am

Sailor moon... cameos? I've seen plenty of cameos, One Piece's Luffy being in the latest comic, which started the pirate adventure arc, but haven't seen a Sailor Moon one.

Getting back to that Luffy cameo though... Like, yes. I approve 1000%. Your move, Eiichiro Oda~
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Grieffon » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:18 am

From various issues

Anyone else noticed that Dash has a really nice house? Either her family is rich or weather control pays really well.

ari-6 wrote:I had sometimes wondered, with all of Bleed's popular mlp, that he never considered making an mlp webcomic. I just thought, considering it already has a large pre-existing audience, it would be sure to be popular.

It will definitely be popular, but it may also bring some unwanted problems. If you dig deeper, this fandom can be quite troublesome.

Postby dj1107 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:24 am

2 things about the Luffy cameo. 1. Sanji & Zorro made a cameo as well. 2. I'm floored on no Edward Kenway pony in the recent issue.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:34 am

I remember that panel with Neptune and Uranus, but didn't realize that was who they were supposed to be. Wow, I need to look into these pages a lot more.

@ Mention of RD's house: Huh, I didn't even think about that. Yeah, that is pretty nice. Before we'd only really seen one room inside her house, being her room I believe, which looked a lot more structured out of clouds. Here it looks like an actual stone crafted building. How... does that work exactly? Is it some sort of material that can sit on a cloud like a pegasus? Or is it just really fancily crafted cloud work?
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:42 am

St. Sefrol wrote: Is it some sort of material that can sit on a cloud like a pegasus? Or is it just really fancily crafted cloud work?

Some sort of foamy material (plaster,stucco,sythetic pumice), with helium in place of the air? Covered with ultrathin marble veneers? (I mnetion the latter only because the surfaces and columns in the foyer look like marble; all of the above alone alone would be full of little pits and wouldn't have those sharp lines and smooth surfaces.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:14 am

St. Sefrol wrote:Sailor moon... cameos? I've seen plenty of cameos, One Piece's Luffy being in the latest comic, which started the pirate adventure arc, but haven't seen a Sailor Moon one.

Getting back to that Luffy cameo though... Like, yes. I approve 1000%. Your move, Eiichiro Oda~

In the following issue, we might see Rarity actually fighting a GIANT crab.

2 things about the Luffy cameo. 1. Sanji & Zorro made a cameo as well. 2. I'm floored on no Edward Kenway pony in the recent issue.

That or they have a pirate ship combat in next issue. :3

"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:53 am

Grieffon wrote:Anyone else noticed that Dash has a really nice house? Either her family is rich or weather control pays really well.

I wonder if being with the Wonderbolts helps at all, but personally I think her family is rich. Her house undergoes a few exterior renovations as well through out the series.

Grieffon wrote:
ari-6 wrote:I had sometimes wondered, with all of Bleed's popular mlp, that he never considered making an mlp webcomic. I just thought, considering it already has a large pre-existing audience, it would be sure to be popular.

It will definitely be popular, but it may also bring some unwanted problems. If you dig deeper, this fandom can be quite troublesome.

I think it would be cool for him to do a MLP comic or at least have the site host a MLP comic. It'd really push numbers up and I would think, overshadow the 2006 year. I think the biggest problem with Bleed is that he is more into little girls than little ponies.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:06 pm

At the risk of starting something I'd rather not, I've never been a fan of Bleedman's. I agree that his art is great, but I tend to disagree with some of his... tastes.
I mainly started reading PPGD because BeeAre was the writer and I liked PME.

I don't mind the idea of an MLP comic, its obvious there's already an audience for it right here in this thread. I'd read it even if Bleedman drew it, but like BL said, I'd doubt he's interested.

Hell, I once asked BeeAre if I'd ever have a shot at being involved with anything on the site and he'd said I'd might be better suited as a writer (which coming from him was a really nice complement), if I ever decide to actually take a shot at making content for the site and actually manage to succeed by some miracle I'd might try to come up with something pony related. I'd be honored if I actually pulled it off.
That is if people are still wanting it by then or if someone else has already taken up the cause. Or if I ever work up the nerve to actually attempt and go through with it.

I wouldn't be surprised if BeeAre hasn't already kicked around the idea of an MLP story in his head. Most of us around here probably have, even I've got a fanfic or two floating around out there somewhere, they're just old and from my crappy days.

As for the troublesome parts of the fandom it might attract, there are people like that in any fandom. MLP is no different or worse, it just happens to be a really big fandom. Its all about percentages.
Bark

Postby ari-6 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:00 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I think it would be cool for him to do a MLP comic or at least have the site host a MLP comic. It'd really push numbers up and I would think, overshadow the 2006 year. I think the biggest problem with Bleed is that he is more into little girls than little ponies.
I thought that a comic where the characters are represented as humans might be interesting to see. Coming up with a story to still captures the feel of the original would be difficult though, I imagine.

Mad-Mutt wrote:Hell, I once asked BeeAre if I'd ever have a shot at being involved with anything on the site and he'd said I'd might be better suited as a writer (which coming from him was a really nice complement), if I ever decide to actually take a shot at making content for the site and actually manage to succeed by some miracle I'd might try to come up with something pony related. I'd be honored if I actually pulled it off.

I always thought that your ideas were something really excellent. If you were to write something that were featured on the site I would definitely be reading it. I have never been very good at writing which is why I have never really had any interest in writing fanfics. Having ideas is one thing but getting them on paper in an order that makes sense and them still looking like good ideas takes skill.
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Postby BeeAre » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:32 pm

I had a pretty engaging idea for a vast sweeping ethical saga for an MLP story, sure.

It was about the far-reaching effects of Pinkie and Celestia engaged in the Final Prank War some 600 years after the fact inside a museum full of artifacts from the current canon's time. The first artifact would be a Twilight "Dear Princess Celestia" letter that, heyo, sparks the initial conflict. Each chapter begins in the museum, and flashes back to the important historical dates.

"The Last Celestine Prank War".

Not bad, if I do say so myself.
Puff Most Epic.
BR

Postby ari-6 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:50 pm

Would Pinkie be you favourite character then, if you don't mind my asking?
Don't hug me I'm scared
Eye of the Tiger

Re: MLP: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:02 am

I believe BeeAre's exact words were:

BeeAre wrote:oh man when Pinkie Pie starting one-pony banding against the little reproduce by barfing up a child Navi fairy things
I was like "hell yes" up in this bitch
Pinkie Pie 2012
Pinkie Pie owns. Owns.

(I made a point of reading the first page of this forum before chatting in it)

I'm more of a Rainbow Dash kind of person myself, but I agree that Pinkie is awesome.
Bark

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)