My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:21 pm

Don't think I've ever seen a series that's given up their Deus Ex Machina before it's over without something to replace it right after, all while on a good note and not having an urgency to replace it. It's unexpected and refreshing to think what will let them prevail in their next disastrous encounter with evil forces. A large scale battle? Epic new armor? Dragon allies? Who knows.

Also, another thing no one hasn't mentioned is premier had the saddest moments in the series. That atmosphere in the castle when Celestia was blasted. Her painful wail... Twilight actually thought she was dead for a few moments before she rose back up. She drew back in shock and cried so sadly it hurt. Like... damn.   
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby tonightscake » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:34 pm

Page 666, time for demonic mlp art.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:37 pm

Oh crap. Wait, does it mean anything being the first person that posts on the 666th page? Or is it the 6th person that posts on the 666th page?
An Optimist

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:03 pm

Grieffon wrote:Also slap them in the face for us, for making that potion white of all colors.

Huh, what are you talking about? I didn't get any of that. I think some of you saw way too many weird shit before watching the premiere.

Watched episode one. This shit is intense!

Page 666, time for demonic mlp art.

Someone asking for a Tirek fan art?
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Re: Definitely should have taken the cannon

Postby Drago2552 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:16 am

How saw season 4 of mlp today

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:56 am

Think he meant 'who'.

I just saw it :3
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:58 am

Safe assumption
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:02 am

Fear of Season 4 bombing shriveled like black vines.

Success!
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:21 am

Not really nightmare fuel, but it's an interesting crossover for page 666.

An Optimist

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:58 am

Haruhi5 wrote:    I was sort of upset that at the beginning of the premiere we see Twilight stumbling about and worrying about her new wings yet at the end, she somehow managed to master the final swoop that she had no time to practice due to plot... pretty strange   

Actually that brings up something that occured to me that, despite her talent    Rainbow Dash may not be able to teach Twilight to fly, at least not to fly the way she's supposed to. Twilight's wings are alicorn wings, not pegasus wings; proportional to her body, they are way, way bigger (at least when opened; when closed they look more or less the same size. Alicorn magic, I guess.) Big wings like that are really designed to only take a few beats to get up, and then rely more on soaring and gliding to stay aloft. Rainbow Dash may be able to give her pointers, but ultimatey, Alicorn wings may simply run on somewhat different principles. In bird terms, Alicorns probably fly like eagles, normal pegasi fly like something between sparrows and hummingbirds (for the moment, We'll leave Snowflake [aka Roid Pony] out of things, since his ability to fly must be a literal example of the old saw about the bumblebee) .That also might explain how she managed the swoop; if there is one thing eagle wings are good for, its swooping. Just a theory   
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:09 am

That theory would make a lot of sense,    and if it's true we might not get a full fledged episode with RD training Twi, or if there is one it'll ultimately lead to the revelation that one of the other alicorns will have to teach her about it and possibly open up more time getting some insight to more alicorn traits and background, which would be pretty nice.   
An Optimist

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:23 am

Actually it occurred to me that    we could also possibly get another episode with, of all people; Gilda coming in as Twilight's teacher or one of her kind. Since ALL griffins are part eagle, they ALL have that kind of wings and at least in the MLP world, they're roughly the same size (in tradtional folklore, griffins are about eight times the size of a horse. Then again, in traditional folklore, griffins EAT horses.)
If it is an alicorn who has to teach her, I'd say it'd most likely and usefully be Cadence, since she would also know how to handle starting with memories of being a grounded pony (we still have not been told if Celestia and Luna were BORN alicorns yet) with Luna a possible second. Celestia is a no go, her current body shape means she'd have the problems from the other side.   
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Gundam » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:44 pm

Sums up how I feel about the ending in a nutshell
One weird Snafu

Postby Biostar » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:34 pm

Haruhi5 wrote:   i'm quite curious about why the seeds suddenly sprouted now - hopefully the box has the answer to this   

I figure that without the Elements the Tree of Harmony had a finite amount of power and it was just expended keeping the vines from taking over for more than 1,000 years. Now that it has them back, it's probably "charging" since apparently they can't them back out now.   

The Twilight Scepter has really gotten popular. It even has a tumblr.

Postby BeeAre » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:13 pm

all i wanted to see was some of the animatics done full-version. got that.

then i wanted discord. got that.

then discord got even fuckin' better than he's ever been? SWEET SHIT.

I'm okay with this opener. I am okay with it.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Grieffon » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:55 pm

Here's the link to the Twilight Scepter tumblr.

They also made a version for TF2 and SFM. These probably will be added as well.

Postby Grivous » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:00 pm

You guys answered and expressed all my emotions that could be released by this premiere. Wow, I am amazed and very anxious!

J-Dude wrote:   Also, thanks DHX, was it necessary to have the potion turn WHITE of all colors? Fucking WHITE? It couldn't be blue or something? Now the fucking semen jokes are never gonna end! Princess Twilight "Cum-Guzzler" Sparkle!   

I liked the idea of    the potion turning to white(keep away the NSFW ideas from that)   . It's the    junction of all colors; which also represents harmony   , after all.

EDIT: About the 666th page:

Done.

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:32 pm

Postby Drago2552 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:36 pm

I wonder what is inside the box. New elements of harmony? I wonder with they are going to build off it in some episodes or save for the finale. I Hope they build of it a bit like finding a key an episode or something.

Postby Dibullba » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:42 pm

6 locks
6 keys
6 mane ponies
666 page...... Half-Life 3 confirmed

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:45 pm

@Grivous:
"I just stood there waving good-bye. I just stood there waving good-bye. I just stood there waving good-bye."
--

You know what, since this seems like the page for it I say bring on the spooky stuff.
I'll put the more freakish ones as links first.

This first ones a doozy, but I like to think Luna is just trolling with Pip:
http://super-zombie.deviantart.com/art/ ... -407471081
http://kitschyspookykitty.deviantart.co ... -334601638

Two little drawings from my earlier and rather... moody days:
http://mad-mutt.deviantart.com/art/Lyra ... -315037522
http://mad-mutt.deviantart.com/art/The- ... -351712572

This one's a gif:
http://whrrlr.deviantart.com/art/Spooky-Six-407722927

Now for something a little less graphic:

And as I've mentioned before I really like Castlevania:

Now just cuteness:

...I really should have done this for Halloween...
Bark

Postby Krest » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:44 pm

I'm seriously getting tired of all those spoilers...

This is the MLP thread. You honestly can't expect people to be surprised when you mention something from the most recent episode.

That being said, I was disappointed by Rarity's voice. It's like it...changed, a bit. Maybe the voice actress got older? I dunno... Something was different tho.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:47 pm

Maybe she was trying something new. Dunno. Didn't really notice it I guess. Also, we do that for anyone that might not have seen the episode yet, but still wants to visit the thread here. We don't want to have all these spoilers around for someone that might not have watched it yet, so we do that until the following Monday as a common courtesy.

That link is a lie! I don't want to see the saddest pony moment again D:

@ Mutt: Yes, Castlevania is wonderful, and crossovers with it are also nice.
An Optimist

Postby Hiroko » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:14 am

Basically what Pwned said, though I guess now's a good time as any to repost this as a reminder:

Marquis de Soth wrote:ATTENTION

Alrighty, since the first episode is tomorrow, I'm going enforce a no spoiler policy in this thread. I've looked over the suggestions and I've decided that no open spoilers until 2 days (the entire weekend) has passed. This includes no pictures as well. Any picture/screenshot needs to be in link form and be clearly tagged as a spoiler. If an old character from the previous 2 seasons is returning, let's not mention it until the Sunday after the episode airs. That'll give anyone who hasn't found out by general osmosis from the internet time to watch the episode. Otherwise, just be smart about spoilers and try to keep the pages from looking like a FBI report on the Kennedy assassination with the spoiler bars.

I will be enforcing this with automatic profile warnings.

Though Soth isn't here anymore, those are our rules for this thread with regards to spoilers. We spoiler-tag things for the whole weekend, then stop once it's Monday.
The Sentimental One

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:41 am

He needs to come back and be all Zen again.
An Optimist

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)