My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Guardian » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:59 pm

Huh. I just don't remember that scene with that specific animation. Cool to know though.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:43 am

Kusang_Manalo wrote:This is one of the challenging aspects in animations: where you have to figure out how to effectively express those emotions in that one scene. The animator has to translate that from the storyboards. That's is why he has to understand what is going on the scene. It helps a lot if you have someone like Sibsy doing the boards though.

I'd bet she's really awesome at her job, but can you explain why? Does she do anything differently? Like express emotions while showing off each panel very well? Very good at explaining with her words? What's her process?

And yes, to listen to Lauren narrate a mindfuck of a story that is the Stanley Parable would be a mindfuck in itself.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Grivous » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:28 am

@Mr. Sefrol: I bet John de Lancie being the narrator would be pretty neat too.

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:51 am

Say that actually did happen and they got Mr. John de Lancie to do the narration, which would be better:
Him doing it as Discord or just a narrator guy?
Bark

Postby Guardian » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:34 am

Could he be the narrator as Discord?
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:09 pm

@Sefrol: Sibsy's really great at her job. When watching the animatic of her boards, I don't think I need to see the finished episode to know that it will come out awesome. She is very expressive with her poses and expressions. Her boards are clean! I don't have to second-guess how to animate the scene because, in some cases, she layed out most of it. You can say she's the "Andy Price" in storyboards. Her being the Senior Storyboard Artist is very well deserved. I just don't understand how she does her boards in Sketchbook Pro... :/

Grivous wrote:@Mr. Sefrol: I bet John de Lancie being the narrator would be pretty neat too.

Grivous.

John de Lancie can do it, no problem. He was a character in the game "Quantum Conundrum" as the Uncle of the protagonist. He keeps on mentioning ponies in the game. He also told a story about this one pet he had was cross-eyed. He called the pet "Derp".
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:12 am

It's been a pretty long while since I made a pony comic and this weird little idea popped into my head a while ago:

Trolling with Ponies: The Challenge Has Been Made
--
Just a little gag thingy that I had in my head. Its mainly because I wanted to see Twilight act like a troll (Trollight Sparkle?) and draw a giant monster version of Spike again. Also, I wanted to draw Queen Chrysalis looking all cute and stuff. Its mainly just me being silly for the sake of sillyness.
--
Bark

Postby Guardian » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:52 pm

I have something to share with you guys.

It's my own story.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/145133/ ... h-birthday

Semper Vigilans

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:10 pm

Awesome BL, I didn't know you where also interested in being a story teller!

I'm kind of busy at the moment, but I'm definitely going to read it as soon as I get the chance to sit down and relax. I already read the synopsis and it sound interesting.
Bark

Postby Guardian » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:27 am

Mad-Mutt wrote:Awesome BL, I didn't know you where also interested in being a story teller!

Yup.

Thanks for reading it and your comment!

Semper Vigilans

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:13 pm

Its... its just... its just so adorable.
Bark

Postby Krest » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:08 pm

We as a generation have a huge problem with making villains...good or cute....

Why do we do this?

^ And as such, a new school of thought is born to find the answer! xD

Philomalumology >.>
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:36 pm

I found out about a little episode synopsis for the up coming forth season that got my attention...
Mainly because it sounds A LOT like a certain something I hold in high regard:

“Castle-Mania” — Twilight and Spike are sent by Celestia to the ruins of her old castle for research, and unknown to each other, the rest of the ponies find their way there as well. Meanwhile, trap doors, secret passages and a dark presence known only as the Shadow Pony await them, on “My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic,” Saturday, November 30 at 10:30 a.m. ET/ 7:30 a.m. PT on the Hub Network.   

I'ts a Castlevania reference episode!
If this is real and not some joke then that is AWESOME!!!   

Source: http://eqmegathreads.blogspot.com/2013/ ... opsis.html
(Note: The sources synopsis isn't cover by a spoiler thingy)

On a side note here's something else I found made by 2snacks:

If its not obvious by now I'm a bit of a fan of Castlevania.
Bark

Postby Grieffon » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:31 pm

That was an interesting read Blordy. Rarity is definitely in-character and Sapphire is interesting. I'll be waiting for the next parts.

Coincidentally, I also just finished something.

I don't have the skill to do something really interesting yet (still learning art fundementals), so I just make a simple portrait with a simple background. I'm glad it doesn't turn out too bad.

Postby Guardian » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:06 pm

I like the detail you have in the hair for the mane.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Grieffon » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:34 pm

Thanks. Yeah, details, that's all I can do for now, without the skill of composition, perspective, anatomy, color choice... you know, the things that supposed to be present before putting in the details?

Beginner's mistake: adding a shit ton of details on a boring picture to make it look good. But it's something I just made for fun, so...

Just for comparison, this is the look for mane I want to achieve eventually:

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:34 am

That level of detail reminds me of Sully. And Grief, that's simply beautiful. God jyob.

Also, anyone get to play that Ponyvania game that was in that video previously? I would love to... but apparently I forgot I don't have a graphics card.

EDIT: Always wondered about how they'd do it...

"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:02 am

^ The Ultimate battle of wits is about to begin! Hardcore fans have been eagerly anticipating this event, and the wait is finally over. Check your training wheels at the door ladies and gentle men! This is going to be one incredible battle that will not easily be forgotten because history is about to unfold. At least it would if they could both choose anything other than rock... or are they trying to throwing paper?

@Grieffon:
Your work is a joy to the eyes already dude, I'm sure you can achieve the level of detail you want soon.

Also I recently found out that little comic I showed you guys a few posts back got featured on Equestria Daily along with a few other comics:
Link: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/11/c ... -container

Needless to say this kind of surprised me. Also, I'd recommend check out the other comics in that post if you can. My favorite is the first one mainly for how the artist drew Celestia in her "Natural State". It was kind of funny to me.
Bark

Postby Grivous » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:11 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:EDIT: Always wondered about how they'd do it...

I randomly think in a pony game called "Tail, Face, Plot".
It simply works like this: Tail snaps Plot; Plot bumps Face; Face push Tail(you're suppose to bite the tail though).
And, if you got a "Plot bumps Face", you can even say "IN YOUR FACE" for fun.

This could be a comic made by CSImadmax.

@Grieffon: Wow, it looks awesome! The shadows are well painted but the hair is the best.

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Dibullba » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:45 pm

Mr. Sefrol wrote:Image

Quick Twilight!!! Use harden!!!

Postby punzil504 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:39 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:That level of detail reminds me of Sully. And Grief, that's simply beautiful. God jyob.

Also, anyone get to play that Ponyvania game that was in that video previously? I would love to... but apparently I forgot I don't have a graphics card.

EDIT: Always wondered about how they'd do it...

They'd still win against Mimi. Unless that's considered paper...
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:47 pm

My friend from DA, Sand_Josieph just released the final audio version of "Mother Changeling" if anyone wants to hear it. If any of you remember me talking about it a while back, I also did some concept art for the song that I showed you guys. My contribution is the Second one to be seen right at the title card and it shows up at the end since it was made with the intention to be the "Cover Art" of the song. There also some other cute changeling art that makes me just go, "Awww." I think the song is great, but then again I might be a bit biased being a fan of this guy's work and all:

Bark

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:24 am

That's a pretty trippy song. It has the same vibe as Scar's "Be Prepared" (Lion King). No one made of spoof out of that song yet. Mother Changeling would be a nice musical. You know, a good intro for the Chrysalis arc in the pony comics if they decided to animate it?

Has there been a time when Hasbro promoted a fan work, or featured it in their website?
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:00 pm

Yeah, Sand-J does good work. I don't know if Hasbro has ever done something like that, I kind of doubt it though.

Also, I drew this little comic and finished it just last night.

Due to the size of the comic some of it may be cut off at the end, if that bothers you here's a link where you can see it better: http://mad-mutt.deviantart.com/art/No-F ... -414511984

No Force in the Universe Can Stop Us
--
--
And the word for today is, Tone Whiplash.
This is a little comic I made of Twilight and Spike that takes place in a rather darkish future where they go off to defeat some unknown enemy, complete with a short flashback of simpler times. I've drawn Twilight and Spike like this a few times before before, but this is the first time I've gone and made a short one page comic of it. Unless you count that one last one...
As for the Evil Sogerbob, I basically mumbled out some random word and that became its name. The phrase this comic derives its name from is something I've seen used in sci-fi a few times, but hardly ever fantasy.
Bark

Postby Dibullba » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:21 am

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)