My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:01 pm

ANDY PRICE IS A WONDERFUL PERSON AND NEEDS MORE LOVE!!!
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:16 pm

For some reason #3 reminds me of that dream I had a week or so ago about Fluttershy Applejack, a milk pail, and a grue (I've got to stop killing time by playing Zork or at least stop before I fall asleep at the keyboard)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby BeeAre » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:50 pm

Giant Blue Horse Dick Is Pretty Funny. :O

This guy has a good style for comicking, because it's got a very tangibly "drawn" feel to it, and a nice stretching fluidity to the character expressions.

I will say this again and again, but I believe in fluidity in comic stories pretty heavily. Mind you, a fluid can be viscous as fuck. That makes for a slow fluid. But fluidity must be maintained in all cases.

Seeing it as an apparent concept in the very nature of the comic artist's drawing methods is very refreshing. Because, see, the bouncy expressions imply a good understanding of how things must always connect in even pulses. It's a noticeable pliance (pliability, i just like pliance better.) of rhythm. Very good.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Grieffon » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:26 pm

Short S4 promo (SPOILER)

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:34 pm

OPENING'S DIFFERENT! YES! VICTORY!!!

Edit:

Mmmm~ That's some good nightmare fuel.
An Optimist

Postby J-Dude » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:09 am

Holy shit!!! Footage already!?

Kickass...

As to Equestria Girls, I've posted my review of it before:

http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/177097/r ... er-warning

Basically, I really really like it personally. It's not half what a pony movie could be, or even what a pony-human in human-world movie could be, but I don't so much blame the writers for that, because it's clear they were contractually obligated to center the story within specific parameters, since the whole thing is just a ploy to sell dolls to compete with Monster High.

For that I blame Hasbro alone. It's clear they said, "We need the ponies to be humans, wear fashionable outfits, be of high school age, and compete for prom queen. By the end they need to transform into anthro-ponies so we can sell different models of the dolls. The lead character also needs a romance subplot. Now get to work, puppet."

I mean, that's obvious the moment you watch the thing, and see how little Flash Sentry matters to the plot and just how often his scenes get marginalized because the writers are like, "Okay, we have our very basic bullshit teenage romance... happy? Kay, now let's get on with this fucking thing..."

I can't so much blame Hasbro for the numerous plotholes, like just how impossibly tenuous the girls' split-friendship was. Perpetrated by Sunset Shimmer for no given reason (did she KNOW they were Twilight's buds and that they might one day interfere, or is she just THAT much of a bitch?) with ploys so thinly veiled that the slightest investigation would have blown the entire facade open... which is exactly what happens the second Twilight offers a baseless accusation that Sunset Shimmer was responsible for the group breaking up. Which, by the way, means the human mane six were really prepared to believe the very worst of their best friends instead of going, "hey what the hell happened man! You said you'd show up for my *insert_thing_meaningufl_to_character_here*"

Yeah, THOSE bits are just the story fucking up.

Otherwise, I actually really love how they turned the Fall Formal vote on its head. Something that's normally a shallow popularity contest is approached by Twilight with an effort to unite a divided school (which is ALSO kinda suspect... What, the school has cliques according to students having similar interest? The horror...? I mean, there was never any real indication that the students were all suspicious of the other groups or that ill-intent factored into the thing) by getting the students to unite under a single banner. She's chosen NOT by doing stupid shit to make herself popular, but by trying to bring people together, which speaks to her ability to LEAD, and grants her the confidence to be a princess back in Equestria.

That, and how they relate her getting used to her wings by turning her into a human with utterly different biology, and making her get used to something far worse than wings.

Plus, the movie is incredibly funny, the music kicks ass... and I'm just a sucker for all the HiE stuff we got to see in it.

I see it like the movie "Hook." There are people who LOVE it, and people who HATE it, and they're both kinda right. There's a lot to love about it, if you're inclined to, but there's also PLENTY wrong with it that you can rip in to. It's a mixed bag, and I can understand most any feeling over it, as it's very much to taste.
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby BeeAre » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:49 am

Dude, J-Dude, I dunno what you're on about with Hook. Everyone I know loves it for even the ridiculous parts. Hook's pretty bangarang.

To be less directly circumstantial with my evidence: Equestria Girls is a BIT too transparent as a moneymaking grab as the basis for its existence, rather than an artist getting a budget, as is generally the accepted case with Steven Spielberg. :X

RUUUUUUU FIIIIII OOOOOO

No, no, I compare it more to, I dunno, something like... A Fast and Furious movie. They're fairly rote at this point as far as franchise pieces go, to my understanding. Or a Saw film.

See, that's more clearly an established intellectual property doing something more distinctly polarizing.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Grivous » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:16 am

J-Dude wrote:I see it like the movie "Hook." There are people who LOVE it, and people who HATE it, and they're both kinda right. There's a lot to love about it, if you're inclined to, but there's also PLENTY wrong with it that you can rip in to. It's a mixed bag, and I can understand most any feeling over it, as it's very much to taste.

With this quote, J-Dude, you said everything.

EDIT: BTW can't wait but let this here:

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby ari-6 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:21 pm

I found this on DA. It always amazes me how good some people are at sculpting epoxy clay. I was always bad at it.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Grivous wrote:Image

As a fan of the DBZ series I'd just like to say that this was one of the funniest things I've seen all day.
Bark

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:20 pm

J-dude wrote:Perpetrated by Sunset Shimmer for no given reason (did she KNOW they were Twilight's buds and that they might one day interfere, or is she just THAT much of a bitch?) with ploys so thinly veiled that the slightest investigation would have blown the entire facade open... which is exactly what happens the second Twilight offers a baseless accusation that Sunset Shimmer was responsible for the group breaking up.

Sunset breaking the group is just coincidence. I think She's just being cunty and wants to ruin everyone's day. There is no way she has the foresight that Twilight needs them. My guess is that it's just the universe setting up a challenge for Twilight to overcome, to better her character as a princess. Crazy talk, I know.

Mr. Sefrol wrote:

Ahaha, Rarity cosplaying Lydia from Beetlejuice. Just Divine!

I was expecting Pinkie to wear a box with OPTIMUS PRIME written on it... I don't get the shark costume though.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:28 am

She seems similar to Lydia from the animated Beetlejuice show, but... The hair's different, and is missing the black stockings. Might just be a beautiful vampiress costume instead.

This seemed cute.
An Optimist

Postby Dibullba » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:50 am

Kusang_Manalo wrote:
Mr. Sefrol wrote:

Ahaha, Rarity cosplaying Lydia from Beetlejuice. Just Divine!

I was expecting Pinkie to wear a box with OPTIMUS PRIME written on it... I don't get the shark costume though.

Not implausible that it is Lydia. Though I think it may actually be Cassandra Peterson a.k.a Elvira, Mistress of the Dark.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:18 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:She seems similar to Lydia from the animated Beetlejuice show, but... The hair's different, and is missing the black stockings. Might just be a beautiful vampiress costume instead.

Shoes seem wrong as well (the way Lydia was drawn in the cartoon, she didn't really have discrete shoes, but I tend to thinlk that, if they had red gems on them, those would have had to have been visible. Also the dress is missing Lydia's spiderweb pattern. I'm not saying it's IMPOSSIBLE that is meant to be Lydia, but, to me it would be on the same level of assuming AJ is cosplaying as Hagar the Horrible (and forgot her beard) rather than "generic Viking" I'm with you here.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Grivous » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:24 am

Actually, that nightmare night costume of Rarity looks like the one that she would use in Luna Eclipsed. You can see it in this peace of the storyboard episode:

But she was replaced by Carrot Top in that scene.
You can also see Rarity wearing the costume in MLP Gameloft last update.

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:40 pm

Mr. Sefrol wrote:

This seemed cute.

Today suck a fat one, and this just made me smile. Thanks!
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:37 pm

You're welcome :3
An Optimist

Postby Dibullba » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:45 am

Gotta love SFMs. Ferexes is quickly rising on my radar.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:23 am

I haven't enjoyed a SFM like that one for a while.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:58 am

Speaking of 3D ponies, have you guys seen this?

Here comes a new challenger~
Not-an-animator

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:20 pm

I've seen it...

I wish I didn't...
An Optimist

Postby Grivous » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:12 pm

That surely won't make me go in theaters.
Needs more 2D animation and meanest deeds than "stealing somepony cupcakes".

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:11 am

Damn primordial ripoffs.
An Optimist

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:15 am

I like the pony's "wtf look" before you hit the play button.

Everything after, not so much. The last time I saw ponies place so much emphases on cupcakes, some pony died.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:29 am

Found out my best friend named his dog Sweetie Belle.

Dear god I hate chihuahuas though... Mostly because whenever I get near one, or if they see me in general they start barking at me. Apparently they like barking at things that tower over them or something. I really wish I could love this dog for her name, but I just can't...
Last edited by Mr. Sefrol on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
An Optimist

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)