My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Guardian » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:28 pm

I think its interesting that a background character has gotten so much attention. There are some fanfics that have portrayed her in a better light.

But generally speaking, I believe BR's assessment is correct about her being borderline autistic with wubs. I think that is the image that many get because she is shown in the same light just about every time. There isn't anything "more" about her than wubs, and the relationship with Octavia. Octavia even has some more depth than Vinyl.

But I'm just guessing that BR is going off of videos he's seen and art. I don't know about stories and the such.

I would like to do a fanfic of her being a little bit more in depth, perhaps explaining why she is so focused on her music. Hmm.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Grivous » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:00 pm

I already have made my personal argument about those two on my fanfic.
I agree with BR about Vinyl in this fandom; he has his rights to express his opinion.

I hate the fandom when it puts Octavia and Vinyl together as in love with each other. It doesn't make sense.
They work better just being very friendly, not as close as this. And they have different opinions about music and the philosophy in it.
A pop music or a remix is a mix of sounds and vibrations; too much energy and dinamic. Your body can't stop moving from the sound. This is too much for Octavia, who is very gentle and delicate with strings and notes. She makes music to hear and feel, not to move like a crazy.
It's like Octavia makes harmony with the music. So Vinyl can create harmony with disarmony in the music; it's a very interesting thought.

Octavia indeed has more deph than Vinyl, my very own fanfic already has more than 100 pages just talking about her and how it is her life in day by day, with her friends(Flute Solitude, Dante, Fréderic, Vinyl, Loud Noise and so on) and her butler, White Glove.

Why? I guess because she must have her own a story; a background. As goes to Vinyl.

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:31 pm

Wait... Have none of you seen...?

Hmmm, try this:

Dunno if that's been posted yet, but it gives her more depth.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Guardian » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:53 pm

Ehh, didn't really impress me when I first saw it.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:58 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Ehh, didn't really impress me when I first saw it.

There definitely needs to be more, but it atleast shows that she isn't pure wubs.

It also shows that a well-known DJ can barely afford a single music CD. That economy SUCKS..!

Hopefully someone in our community can make a proper vinylfic. I don't know enough about the vinyl fic community to make one, myself...

Postby Guardian » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:00 pm

I'd have to do research.

I think most of the people here do fanfics. J-dude had something going on, not sure what, and then Ganon is doing something too. I think.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:05 am

@ BR: Actually, I totally agree with you and have been since you first brought it up. But I'm not really seeing anyone else agree with your opinion outside of here, so... *shrugs* Thought I'd recommend you trying something to try and make some variety for her. Still love the "Scatman's daughter" idea where she stutters.

Edit: Did not even know that was the end of the page and it had moved on... I still hate when I miss that...
Last edited by Mr. Sefrol on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:14 am

BeeAre wrote:It was Azula/Mandy/etc.

Oh, cool. Surprised I didn't recognize it. Mrs DeLisle has been in a lot of shows I liked. I probably didn't notice it because it was a fan project.

As for the whole Vinyl thing, I don't mind the party girl thing at all, but she can be way too over the top. I rarely write fanfics anymore unless I have an idea I really like because I'm started doing comics and stuff, but if I wrote Vinyl she'd be way different than the animations.

I'm not as bothered by how over the top Vinyl is as BR is, but I get where he's coming from. Especially since I didn't like the way they made Dash act in Double Rainboom (or the PPG), but I'm sure that's been talked about to death in other places.

If they were going for a parody of what Vinyl might actually be like then I think it would work better, but I don't know if that's what they're going for. As a parody its okay I guess, but as an actual character I'm not as sure.

Then again me and BR might just be some cynical curmudgeons, people seem to like the over the top Vinyl.

EDIT:
Also, here's a comic I just found that made me laugh. I'm going to post it as a link because of its long size:
http://theflashguy.deviantart.com/art/C ... -381297895
Bark

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:14 am

Grivous wrote:
punzil504 wrote:Any bronies watching EQG this morning on the Hub after the Fluttershy episode marathon?

EQG on the Hub? Are you talking about... this?

Grivous.

Am I the only one who thinks this dance is Gangnam Style--only very slow and horrble?
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Hiroko » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:09 pm

It did remind me a quite a bit of Gangnam Style, yeah. o3o
The Sentimental One

Postby Krest » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:49 pm

Kusang_Manalo wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this dance is Gangnam Style--only very slow and horrble?

So terribad...

Hey, Blood Lord. I just had a GREAT idea. You know that whole Tower Jam project going on? What if the Vinylfic was a Tower Jam?! :D

Postby Guardian » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:33 pm

So like all the stories in MLP were told from her point of view?

Semper Vigilans

Postby Krest » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:49 pm

Um...

No, I meant that she'd be held captive - or in a similar position - and there would be a story built around that. Isn't that what the Tower Jam is about?

Different choices would give her different reactions. Studying those reactions, we can gauge her personality, habits, beliefs, etc. With tons of monologues to boot!

I'd hope most of it is original content, though. Like with her own nemesis... Or something.

Postby Grieffon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:22 pm

Voice by Azula. No, seriously, Grey DeLisle voiced Derpy in this one.

Postby BeeAre » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:44 pm

Pabst showed us that and we commented last page. Take the time to read the last page. Sweep past youtube links. It is not difficult.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:00 pm

Some people have trouble looking into the past.

I have trouble looking into the future.

There is no need to be upset~
An Optimist

Postby BeeAre » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:06 pm

I'm an administrator making a note of protocol. You, Pabst, are a poster attempting to subvert my attempt to do that job when you post about my decisions as the sole measure of content in your post. Backseat moderating. I thought I would not have to note that I would not be needing commentary on my post given its explanation of protocol. Sadly, I must make that note now.

I also don't expect to see any commentary on anything before this sentence in my post. :0)

To go over a point I did not bring up in the discussion earlier that I would in fact love commentary on: I often find myself surprised and a bit disappointed there aren't any good Celestia voices out there. You'd think some moms would be all over that sort of time-wasting nonsense.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
BR

Postby Krest » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Mr. Sefrol wrote:Some people have trouble looking into the past.

I have trouble looking into the future.

There is no need to be upset~

I'm like Amon (demon) - I have trouble looking at the present. No, seriously.

--

What do you mean by Celestia voices?

Postby BeeAre » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:12 pm

Voice Actresses who do passable impressions of the actual voice actress who does Celestia. She sounds obviously about 40 or so, and is also the voice of the Mayor.

All Celestias so far sound like really obvious attempts by much younger women trying to do the voice of an older woman.
BR

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:17 pm

Never thought about it before, but looking back at that Derpy vid it does show.
An Optimist

Postby Grieffon » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:04 am

BeeAre wrote:Pabst showed us that and we commented last page. Take the time to read the last page. Sweep past youtube links. It is not difficult.

I did scan through the few last pages, but for some reason I missed it completely. Sorry about that.

There may be a voice fit for Celestia somewhere, but there haven't been many attempts in voicing her correctly. The ones I remember doesn't even make her sound female.

Postby Grivous » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:27 am

BeeAre wrote:Voice Actresses who do passable impressions of the actual voice actress who does Celestia. She sounds obviously about 40 or so, and is also the voice of the Mayor.

All Celestias so far sound like really obvious attempts by much younger women trying to do the voice of an older woman.

Did you see "Fall of the Empire" trailer yet?

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby BeeAre » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:45 am

Yes.
BR

Postby Dibullba » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:17 am

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:56 am

Before watching that, recite the oath first.

"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)