My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:22 pm

Krest wrote:--

As for Luna's castle, I'm also surprised. The batponies would be interesting. They must have been Pegasi that got altered by Nightmare Moon's power.

Possibly, though in that case it's a little odd that they didn't change back when she did (unless she only held that much power AS Nightmare Moon, and upon returning to Luna state, was unable to turn them back.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Krest » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:34 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:unless she only held that much power AS Nightmare Moon, and upon returning to Luna state, was unable to turn them back

That's what I was thinking. xD

MissTikilicious wrote:Is it that weird to be the one who watches their shows and cheer for the villain?

Psssshhh, no. The only villain I HAVEN'T cheered for would be Sword Art Online's Sugou Nobuyuki. Creepy ass motherf*cker...

For example, I love Bleach's Jin Kariya and Samurai 7's Ukyo. Two of my fav characters. Surprisingly, I even like Fate Zero's Kirei Kotomine.

I also love the idea of a society of Eternal Night <3 (YAY NIGHTMARE MOON :D)

--

This:

Someone is very, VERY high.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby BeeAre » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:34 pm

Is there evidence supporting a connection? It seems like someone just went "uh... her!" to make it the Mayor's brother.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Krest » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:55 pm

Like I said, high as the Lynx!

Must've been on LSD.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:07 pm

Interesting connection for the batponies. I do wonder if they will keep it though, Faust hasn't been credited for helping MLP since season 2.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauren_Faust#Filmography

Some fanfic I was reading had an interesting twist on the batponies. I believe it said they died out after Luna's imprisonment and the current ones we see are pegasi wearing magically enchanted armor that alters their appearance.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Krest » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:36 pm

Interesting...

Has any seen this?

We just talked about a secret castle for Luna... What if it's also a kingdom...?

--

LOL

I just disproved the My Little Pony Theory. Feels good.

Postby Grivous » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:57 am

Eeyup. We already posted this.
Gorgeous animation as always. *-*

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:42 am

Blood Lord wrote:
Some fanfic I was reading had an interesting twist on the batponies. I believe it said they died out after Luna's imprisonment and the current ones we see are pegasi wearing magically enchanted armor that alters their appearance.

Possible, though it'd have to be armor that changed their whole appearance, not merely that of the bits it touched, since there is the matter of the eyes. (I'm not 100% sure but based on the close-ups it looks like the batponies also have slit pupils so they probably DO live in darkness [most slit pupiled animals are nocturnal.])
For the record, in my stuff the Batponies were created by Soulbreaker (not an inspired choice on my part, but since Soulbreaker is batwinged as well, I didn't see how I could not address the conncetion.) and co-opted by Luna after his initial imprisonment.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:30 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:Possible, though it'd have to be armor that changed their whole appearance, not merely that of the bits it touched, since there is the matter of the eyes.

Yup. The chest piece was what caused the transformation to occur. The rest of the armor either functioned as a decor or worked to emit and maintain the spell over the rest of the body. The character wearing the armor changed back to their natural form once the chest piece was removed.

I wish I saved that fanfic. It was a pretty good one, but went on a indefinite hiatus so I moved on once it was finished.

Mon-Kitsune wrote:For the record, in my stuff

where is your stuff? I'd like to read it.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:41 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:For the record, in my stuff

where is your stuff? I'd like to read it.

In my head mostly, at this point. I have a really bad tendency to carpal tunnel, so typing longer than a few paragraphs for me is a very long very slow very painful process. Maybe if I get lucky this holiday season (and finally have enough wiggle room between the money I get for gifts and the stuff I end up having pre-spent by this period) I can get my hands on something like Dragon (or something else to let me talk into the computer and have it type for me) Then maybe things will get a little better

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:44 pm

Hmm, that sucks. Well let me know when you get it up, I'd like to read it.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Krest » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:46 pm

Ah, Dragon. It's hellanoyin' to get it to start working right. And even after you do, you still have to edit pretty much everything. Although, it has a DANG good microphone.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:00 pm

NOT ENOUGH LASERS!
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Krest » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:48 pm

LOL "Mother of ME!"

EDIT: Posted vids before, cancelled.
Last edited by Krest on Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:35 am

Yeah, those have been posted before of course since they're the folks who made the one I posted. Also, probably a better idea to not have your text on the same line as a vid you're posting unless the text is after. Better it be above or below.
An Optimist

Postby Joker-Undead » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:24 am

Hey guys. I just thought I'd say that Iam been working on a MLP FIM fanficton called My Little Pony: Samurai of Justice, here's the fic for you guys to check it out http://www.fimfiction.net/story/127805/my-little-pony-samurai-of-justice
The Bringer of the next Undead-War!!
"Why so Serious?"
The Ultimate Undead-kaijin.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:26 am

Wow, Derpy got super mad in that video.

I kind of liked her voice in that one. It sounded kind of husky or maybe older than how people have usually made her sound in the past. Considering the fandom likes to portray her as a pony old enough to be a mother I think it kind of suits her. Still kind of like BDR voice for her though, but that voice was pretty cool to.
Bark

Postby BeeAre » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:03 am

Mad-Mutt wrote:Wow, Derpy got super mad in that video.

I kind of liked her voice in that one. It sounded kind of husky or maybe older than how people have usually made her sound in the past. Considering the fandom likes to portray her as a pony old enough to be a mother I think it kind of suits her. Still kind of like BDR voice for her though, but that voice was pretty cool to.

It was Azula/Mandy/etc.

I liked a lot of it. Hated Vinyl Scratch, as per the norm. :0)
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
BR

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:59 am

Joker-Undead wrote:Hey guys. I just thought I'd say that Iam been working on a MLP FIM fanficton called My Little Pony: Samurai of Justice, here's the fic for you guys to check it out http://www.fimfiction.net/story/127805/my-little-pony-samurai-of-justice

7 Poni-rai? This should be good.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Dibullba » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:25 am

BeeAre wrote: Hated Vinyl Scratch, as per the norm. :0)

Boo! More Vinyl Scratch!

Postby Krest » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Dibullba wrote:
BeeAre wrote: Hated Vinyl Scratch, as per the norm. :0)

Boo! More Vinyl Scratch!

I agree. Vinyl is awesome.

She's got the WUBS :D

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:33 pm

Funny thing.

And a cute thing.
An Optimist

Postby BeeAre » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:57 pm

Sorry, guys, but the fanon personality of Vinyl Scratch is shit. She is flat and unlikeable as a character. She has no discerning characteristics but her precious wubs, and comes off as borderline autistic with her inability to be interesting beyond those wubs.

At least that's the personality the fandom has given her. Which is embarrassing. Octavia is much more interesting, having a more easily understood degree of conflict inside her. Vinyl comes off as someone alienating everyone around her, without any of the consequences, because see, she's so cool. :\

She could be a decent character, but so far has not been. Blame the voice actress and the people making videos for not understanding how cool people actually think. *SHRUG*
Puff Most Epic.
BR

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:02 pm

GOD DAMN IT, BR! IF YOU WANT A COOL VINYL THEN MAKE IT HAPPEN! You've complained about this for so long, so why not give it a shot? Organize something.
An Optimist

Postby BeeAre » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:21 pm

It's not my job to make it cool. I'm expressing my opinion.

If you want me to be a part of something, find me an opportunity. I am not seeking out to improve something broken without an invitation.

I am merely commenting on the fact. Feel free to disagree in kind, but be conscientious and aware of the criticisms without automatically considering them mere invalidity. I've come to my decision after considering the evidence.
Puff Most Epic.
BR

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)