My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Found this pretty cool looking picture of Lyra on Discord's Domain, I kind of like the riff-raff characterization of Lyra:
--
Image
Bark
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:44 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:53 pm

@ Kusang: I love how much the internet is just GIVING us awesome little things like this to enjoy~

And nice pic. Reminds me of the look of Lyra in that Background Pony fanfic.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4044
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: where there's garlic
Gender: Male

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:19 pm

Not a bad pic. My only complaint is that I really wish the artists had given Lyra a skirt or some shorts or something. Whenever they do one of these upright pony pics and just give them upper body clothing, particularly in a case like this, where they have humanized the proportions a little (pelvis in human postion, face a little rounder than it normally would be, slight bulge around the chest area) they are trying to draw the eye to the characters crotch (the fact that she is blushing doesn't help). It makes me feel a little dirty. Or at least that's how I see it (I think I've looked at too much stuff on Danbooru)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:59 am
Location: The Kingdom of the Tall Trees
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:39 pm

My last pony rant comic got a little spot on Discord's Domain and while I was there to see it I decided to look around a bit more at their Artsy stuff and I found these, the first one made me laugh, the second made me go dawww, the third made me go, "YES!" and the fourth one made me go, "Holy shit, that's one brave pony!" (Colgate is bushing a full grown dragon's teeth by the way):
Image
Image
Image
Image
Bark
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:44 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby BeeAre » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:30 pm

Mad-Mutt wrote:Image


I really don't know why this hasn't been a focus in the fandom yet, but I will try some way to exploit it. It seems so obvious: Pinkie vs Celestia. The accidental god vs the all-but-proclaimed divinity. The greatest prank war the world has ever seen.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5638
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:52 pm

@BeeAre:
If something like that happened in the fandom I'd be on board in a second. Its crazier than I signed up for, but I'm not complaining.

Also, I found out of this thing just now:
Much to my surprise something of mind has actually been added to one of Equestria Daily's drawfriend's:
(I'm number 7)
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/08/d ... f-893.html

Someone actually had to tell me my "Apple Siblings" drawing had been added to the drawfriend and its even more surprising for me because I emailed this to them months ago and I assumed it was lost to the ether because they probably get like a bazzilion and one emails a day. It does feel kind of weird to me though because the art by other artists in this one is really good and some of it is just plane stunning. My personal favorites are number 44 (http://zutheskunk.deviantart.com/art/Co ... -392346060) because of how cutely funny it is and number 5 (http://kysss90.deviantart.com/art/Vecto ... -392475050) because it has Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo in it and that's always an instant win for me.

I'm guessing the cuteness is what helped me make it in, or maybe I should give my own art a bit more credit. Anyways first time I've gotten anything of mine added to EQD, woo hoo!

The rest of the art there is really good also and I'd recommend checking it out those two I listed were just my personal favorites.
Bark
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:44 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Dibullba » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:22 am

No idea why, but this 4 part comic blew my freakin mind!
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:29 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Gentlemuffin » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:48 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:Not a bad pic. My only complaint is that I really wish the artists had given Lyra a skirt or some shorts or something. Whenever they do one of these upright pony pics and just give them upper body clothing, particularly in a case like this, where they have humanized the proportions a little (pelvis in human postion, face a little rounder than it normally would be, slight bulge around the chest area) they are trying to draw the eye to the characters crotch (the fact that she is blushing doesn't help). It makes me feel a little dirty. Or at least that's how I see it (I think I've looked at too much stuff on Danbooru)


It's anthro isn't it? Wouldn't that be a fetish on it's own?

Besides, I don't think Lyra is suited for a dress. Bonbon maybe.
Image
Still New
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:02 pm
Gender: Male

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:18 pm

Who says a pic can be appealing to more than one fetish? And it doesn't have to be a dress. they could have given her shorts, or made the Jacket longer, or even just moved the legs a little. I just think it's a little blatant (she practically has a Mound of Venus)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:59 am
Location: The Kingdom of the Tall Trees
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Gentlemuffin » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:24 pm

Considering how much r34 there is of her, Id say this is pretty tame. But I get your point.
Still, there is the likelihood that the thunder down under was intentional. Either way, this makes her look sexy.
Image
Still New
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:02 pm
Gender: Male

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:25 pm

I think you guys are reading too much into it.
I don't see anything that's meant to be taken as "sexy" in this and I doubt that was the artists intent.

By the way, the person who drew this is a woman who focuses on cute art and doesn't do "sexy" stuff.

I don't think the drawing draws the eye to the crotch area especially because the whole rest of the drawing is so busy it makes the eyes go around it in a more circle formation. Its a style I recognize because I often do it myself, it involves making an evenly spaced out environment that draws the eye to multiple areas such as the glowing horn, the graffiti, the spray paint can, and the hoodie. The blushing is meant to look cute and most artist understand that cute and sexy should never overlap. The layout of the drawing leads me to believe that the crotch should be the last place (if even at all) that draws the eye. Believe me if the artist intended you to focus on that part of the body, it would be overtly obvious. Even Lyra's tail draws the eye more (even though its a sneaky way to avoid drawing the rest of her legs) because of the multiple color tones it has and it puts that area of her body more in the foreground and further distances it from us. The shiney eyes and glow and shading also draws the eye to Lyra's face first because its made to make you say, "Aw, look how cute she looks."
Also her slightly anthro appearance is more likely chalked up to the fact that the artist didn't know how else to draw an upright pony, and to her credit it is an odd position to draw a normally four legged creature so she went with what she knew to avoid making her stance look to awkward and clunky. Hell, even the creators of the show seem to have a slight problem with this and bend the characters to their will to make a more natural (if off model) appearance by using the rules of what I THINK may be squash and stretch animation.
As someone whose drawn upright ponies before, you have to be careful and make sure the character looks natural in that state, otherwise you run the risk of making it look like an uncomfortable pose and what was intended to be a relaxing piece of work is slightly ruined because the character doesn't look comfortable. As for her just wearing a hoodie, to quote AJ: "Ponies don't normally wear cloths." they can as has been proven, but too much makes the character look unnatural. Also, whenever I've seen a drawing of ponies wearing pants, its just kind of look weird, that's why ponies in pants is usually reserved for comedy.

In short I don't think this is meant as some kind perverted thing and I think you guys might have jumped to a pretty big conclusion.

But, then again what the buck do I know about anything. I could just be completely wrong and the young lady who drew this really did want to make a sexy Lyra. I doubt it though based off of her other work.

(If she did though she did a very bad job. But she did a great job if she just wanted to make a cute little drawing of Lyra being a bit of a graffiti spraying adorable delinquent, which in my opinion is a lot more likely.)

Here's her devaintart page if anyone is interested in her work, she makes really cute drawings:
http://pridark.deviantart.com/
Bark
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:44 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:08 pm

Your point is perfectly valid. I didn't say that I necessarily believed that it was the artist's intent to draw an indecent Lyra, just that it felt indecent to me. It's my hang-up, not the artist's. Like I said, I've probably surfed around Danbooru way too often, to the point where I am seeing dirty where dirty is not meant to be. There was something about Lyra's body position that reminded me of things I'd seen there that I wish I never had (I grew up very repressed). it's probably just my imagination (after all as Tom Lehrer said "when correctly viewed, EVERYTHING is lewd.")
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:59 am
Location: The Kingdom of the Tall Trees
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Grieffon » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:09 pm

Something sad and something fun. Watch in any order you like.



User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1203
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:12 am
Gender: Male

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:27 pm

The Sunrise surprise was the best, and I've been listening to the "I am Octavia" Platnuim parody for a while now.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18963
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Gentlemuffin » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:07 am

Mad-Mutt wrote:I think you guys are reading too much into it.
I don't see anything that's meant to be taken as "sexy" in this and I doubt that was the artists intent.

By the way, the person who drew this is a woman who focuses on cute art and doesn't do "sexy" stuff.

I don't think the drawing draws the eye to the crotch area especially because the whole rest of the drawing is so busy it makes the eyes go around it in a more circle formation. Its a style I recognize because I often do it myself, it involves making an evenly spaced out environment that draws the eye to multiple areas such as the glowing horn, the graffiti, the spray paint can, and the hoodie. The blushing is meant to look cute and most artist understand that cute and sexy should never overlap. The layout of the drawing leads me to believe that the crotch should be the last place (if even at all) that draws the eye. Believe me if the artist intended you to focus on that part of the body, it would be overtly obvious. Even Lyra's tail draws the eye more (even though its a sneaky way to avoid drawing the rest of her legs) because of the multiple color tones it has and it puts that area of her body more in the foreground and further distances it from us. The shiney eyes and glow and shading also draws the eye to Lyra's face first because its made to make you say, "Aw, look how cute she looks."
Also her slightly anthro appearance is more likely chalked up to the fact that the artist didn't know how else to draw an upright pony, and to her credit it is an odd position to draw a normally four legged creature so she went with what she knew to avoid making her stance look to awkward and clunky. Hell, even the creators of the show seem to have a slight problem with this and bend the characters to their will to make a more natural (if off model) appearance by using the rules of what I THINK may be squash and stretch animation.
As someone whose drawn upright ponies before, you have to be careful and make sure the character looks natural in that state, otherwise you run the risk of making it look like an uncomfortable pose and what was intended to be a relaxing piece of work is slightly ruined because the character doesn't look comfortable. As for her just wearing a hoodie, to quote AJ: "Ponies don't normally wear cloths." they can as has been proven, but too much makes the character look unnatural. Also, whenever I've seen a drawing of ponies wearing pants, its just kind of look weird, that's why ponies in pants is usually reserved for comedy.

In short I don't think this is meant as some kind perverted thing and I think you guys might have jumped to a pretty big conclusion.

But, then again what the buck do I know about anything. I could just be completely wrong and the young lady who drew this really did want to make a sexy Lyra. I doubt it though based off of her other work.

(If she did though she did a very bad job. But she did a great job if she just wanted to make a cute little drawing of Lyra being a bit of a graffiti spraying adorable delinquent, which in my opinion is a lot more likely.)

Here's her devaintart page if anyone is interested in her work, she makes really cute drawings:
http://pridark.deviantart.com/


TL;DR

lel j/k

I think the purpose of that drawing was to feature the concept that is shown so blatantly on the wall. That being Lyra's fascination with humans. Lyra's standing upright and wearing clothes attribute to this. Whether or not it was the artist's intention to make it cute or sexy is purely coincidental likely.

Still I find it sexy.
Image
Still New
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:02 pm
Gender: Male

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Dibullba » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:48 am

I hope your body is ready Grieffon
Image
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:29 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby BeeAre » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:31 am

I despise the fanon's apparent need to make Vinyl a caricature of cool instead of ACTUALLY cool.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5638
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:42 am

Grumpy BeeAre is grumpy.

Allow me to relieve said grumpness with cute art:

Image

(slightly relevant I guess)
Image

And lastly I rather like this style:
Image
Bark
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:44 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:27 pm

I like the first and third one. Octavia and Vinyl are cool, but just haven't clicked in for me yet.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18963
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Gentlemuffin » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:29 am

Mad-Mutt wrote:Image


This is one of my personal headcanons. Scootaloo is Fluttershy's younger sister. Am actually very tempted to write about it.
Image
Still New
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:02 pm
Gender: Male

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Dibullba » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:06 am

Gentlemuffin wrote:This is one of my personal headcanons. Scootaloo is Fluttershy's younger sister. Am actually very tempted to write about it.

Believe it or not, Lauren originally intended for Fluttershy to be a role model for Scootaloo which makes sense since Fluttershy prefers to be close to the ground. However, I like the direction they went in having Rainbow Dash be the role model as they wanted Scootaloo to be an athletic tomboy.
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:29 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:39 pm

Gentlemuffin wrote:This is one of my personal headcanons. Scootaloo is Fluttershy's younger sister. Am actually very tempted to write about it.


I've seen stranger stuff pop up in the fandom.
Like how Derpy adopted Scootaloo and her and Dinky are stepsisters:


Image
Bark
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:44 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Gentlemuffin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:42 am

Mad-Mutt wrote:
Gentlemuffin wrote:This is one of my personal headcanons. Scootaloo is Fluttershy's younger sister. Am actually very tempted to write about it.


I've seen stranger stuff pop up in the fandom.
Like how Derpy adopted Scootaloo and her and Dinky are stepsisters:


Image


FUCK! That is cute.

I've always had a fancy in painting Derpy as RD's mom. As it would explain her behavior. Like Coach Sylvester and her retard sister (Yes, I watch Glee with my girlfriend. Piss off)

Scootaloo has always been a mystery. I wonder if her life will be brought more to the spotlight in season 4. Certainly hope so.
Image
Still New
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:02 pm
Gender: Male

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:44 am

I've always been partial to the interpretation of Aurora Dawn.

That fanfic is what got me interested in this pony business in the first place.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18963
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Brother Orin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:45 pm

Who wants pie?

At your service.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 6:37 pm
Location: Reno, NV
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests