My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Grivous » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:08 am

Mad-Mutt wrote:You know, one of my favorite things to come out of the fandom is the friendship that fans have created between Octavia and Vinyl. Who are very opposite characters. Even in the drawings of them are like night and day. Octavia's usually have muted and soft colors that create a sort of calmness to the work even when she's in front of a whole crowd like the last one. While on the other hand Vinyl's drawings are bright, colorful, loud, and just reach out and grab ahold of your attention.
Both of them catch the eye in their own different way and it obviously reflects the way these background characters have grabbed our attention in the show.
Its kind of nice that the fans have taken these two characters and saw them as possible friends despite the fact that they have different tastes in music, but they both share that same passion and that is where their friendship comes from, that passion for music. That's just my interpretation of it though.
I've rarely seen the fandom have them view each other in an antagonistic light, sure they might get a little annoyed by each other, but that happens with friends sometimes, at the end of the day their still buddies. (I mean in the comics animations and what-not I've seen of them)
Its just a cool little friendship that the fandom helped create.

Like this:

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Brother Orin » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:35 am

Grivous wrote:And her eyes should be red or magenta.

Why should her eyes be red? Can't people choose between fandom or cannon eyes?
At your service.

Postby TheLivingCouch » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:43 pm

Grieffon wrote:Couch, if I'm not mistaken, you are going right?

This is true! I wouldn't miss it for the world! As for your proposition Grieffon I hath responded to your PM.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:55 am

This is just too damn awesome... Seriously. The voice of Applebloom sang this... along with someone from/for the fandom... and she's just... *melts*

However Black Gryphon keeps surprising me is beyond me. If you're interested, there's more info under the video if you go to the youtube page for it.

P.S. Apparently this isn't the only song they're singing together... He taunts me so...
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby punzil504 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:26 am

Michelle's the VA for Applebloom, but isn't she the singing voice for both AB and Sweetie Belle?

Nifty cover.

*EDIT* according to a tweet, Claire (SB's VA) will be performing Sweetie Belle's singing duties starting with S4!
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby J-Dude » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:19 pm

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/23282/1 ... chapter-13

Chapter 13 of Black Equinox is up, to anyone following *coughCouchcough*.
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:01 am

@Grivous:
Some of the most closest friends are the ones who annoy each other from time to time.

Mr. Poniator made another animation. Its random and pointless as hell and I like it. Behold:
Bark

Postby J-Dude » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:18 am

Oh my god, what IS this?!

I'm fascinated, terrified and so very, VERY confused...

This looks like what would happen if Bleedman went sledgehammer-crazy through the DHX studio!

I mean, context! I need a grounding, I think I'm starting to lose it!
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:44 am

He... He made another... Just... What?

Found this semi-accurate translation in the comments too:

0:05 - Twilight
0:10 - Twilight Sparkle
0:14 - Calling to me...who is it?
0:28 - This place...isn't Ponyville?
0:44 - I am no longer myself!?
0:52 - Surely this is the work of Discord, right? But, thanks to Fluttershy, he...
1:03 - What was that?!
1:05 - (on wall) G Storage [sign too bleeding small to read]
1:21 - TO BE CONTINUED
1:23 - The Stolen City
1:32 - A suspicious robot that shakes the earth...
1:40 - Without regard for the confused Twilight, the city is in flames.
1:44 - However, at that time...
1:46 - Two warriors swoop down from the sky!
1:49 - Next time! Episode-2: The Name is Dynamo

Seriously, this guy. I want to know what's going on so bad. It's like I'm watching some sort of abstract indie movie. From Japan. With a Cowboy Bebop "end-of-episode preview for the next one" feeling. With so many of my childhood and currently loved cartoons... Just. What? I'm with you on this one, J-Dude. Starting to feel the crazy creeping up on me.
An Optimist

Postby Biostar » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:19 pm

This is probably one of the oddest westaboo projects I've ever seen.

Cheerilee playing chess with Brain...

Postby Creppy Eggy » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:27 pm

Okay, I really need to comment on those videos:
I. Am. Sooooo. Confused.
There are so many characters there that has left me clueless how they even made it into the video. This is like literally a fanfic gone horrible awry.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:53 pm

And here's another crazy image.

"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Grieffon » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:53 pm

Postby Joker-Undead » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:48 pm

Grieffon wrote:S4 animatic

S4 info from SDCC

Let's see what we have here. An episode dealing with Scootaloo's lack of flying, a superhero-team episode, Pinkie-Pie singing with the Apple-Family and the return of Nightmare-Moon. This is going to be a good season=^w^=
The Bringer of the next Undead-War!!
"Why so Serious?"
The Ultimate Undead-kaijin.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:09 am

Well, that was interesting.
Looks like I might actually get my wish this season for some more excitement and adventure. As well as some episodes that take on some less than upbeat subject matter. I wonder if Scoot will learn to fly or stick to being grounded.
Bark

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:40 pm

Hey guys! Look what I did.

"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:17 pm

Trollight Sparkle's little dance and her eating animation was really cute.

Edit: One of my most favorite Rooster Teeth sketches has been ponified:

My two favorite parts are Applejack as Sarge and the politics joke.
Bark

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:26 pm

J-Dude wrote:http://www.fimfiction.net/story/23282/15/black-equinox/chapter-13

Chapter 13 of Black Equinox is up, to anyone following *coughCouchcough*.

Indeed. Just finished reading it, and for the most part it was a nice middle of the road chapter. A nice transitioning chapter from one major set piece to another. You were right though, I wasn't able to guess who was going to be showing up in this chapter, and I was pleasantly surprised. That was some very clever thinking on your part.    Also there just isn't enough Little Strongheart in fic. That girl really needs some more love.    Our friend there was two or three guesses down the line from the two I posed, Daring Do would have been my third guess because, why the hell not. There was only one part I wasn't into at all.    As you may or may not be able to guess, that would be the whole CorreyxRarity shipping. I could say a quite a few things about the scene, but for the most part it simply boils down to the fact that I just don't like shipping. It takes a hell of a lot of build up to do properly and I don't think you nailed it at all. Things got hot and heavy way too quickly and that is a major turn off. Heck the fact that it got hot and heavy at all was a turn off. I'm glad you shut it down before it got too far. I honestly just don't understand why it needed to be there and how it advances the story or the characters at all. I suppose there are some arguments to be made about character building and demonstrating transcultural/species barriers but I would think there are better ways to do it.   

Anywho ignoring that whole scene I like it. Looking forward to more.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:28 pm

I declare this page full of videos all sorts of fun. Would visit it again in the future. Ten stars.

Like... god. I'm so psyched about the next season now after those snippets. MORE SCOOTS AND LUNA, YEAH! And even a villain in the middle of the season that's not a monster. That's a first. So super pumped. And can't forget Kusang just being downright awesome! So much joy to be had here...
An Optimist

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:10 am

Yeah, awesome page, this one! Happy to know that you liked my vid. I want more to people to see this. Share it. I was thinking of posting this in Equestria Daily... What do I need to do?
Not-an-animator

Postby Dibullba » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:52 am

I sent mail to Sethisto with your vid Kusang when you had just shown it in this thread. I added that it was made by an animator for DHX so hopefully that might help in getting it featured if even in just a roundup. Will have to see if he even believes that since I did avoid telling him about this forum to protect your anonymity outside your youtube channel.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:24 am

Awesome! Thank you so much, Dibulba. I appreciate the help.

I know mean well but telling him that I worked for DHX is a tiny bit too much. he he.

Hopefully, he'd still bite but leave out the DHX part.
Not-an-animator

Postby J-Dude » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:11 pm

TheLivingCouch wrote:Indeed. Just finished reading it, and for the most part it was a nice middle of the road chapter. A nice transitioning chapter from one major set piece to another. You were right though, I wasn't able to guess who was going to be showing up in this chapter, and I was pleasantly surprised. That was some very clever thinking on your part.

Thanks, it was something I thought up when considering what kind of allies Equestria might have. When I considered the bison herd, I wanted to involve them without having them fight, because let's face it: it would've been a massacre. Their connection to the dragons seemed a worthy idea, and the worldbuilding blossomed from that. I just hope everything with Gaunt and the dragons didn't feel too heavy-handed or out of place for the setting. Up until the last draft, Gaunt was originally named "Ingleknell," but then I pulled my head out of my ass. Simpler was better, though even FINDING a friggin' simple name was hard. I kept accidentally choosing names used in stuff like the Spyro games.   
There was only one part I wasn't into at all.    As you may or may not be able to guess, that would be the whole CorreyxRarity shipping. I could say a quite a few things about the scene, but for the most part it simply boils down to the fact that I just don't like shipping. It takes a hell of a lot of build up to do properly and I don't think you nailed it at all. Things got hot and heavy way too quickly and that is a major turn off. Heck the fact that it got hot and heavy at all was a turn off. I'm glad you shut it down before it got too far. I honestly just don't understand why it needed to be there and how it advances the story or the characters at all. I suppose there are some arguments to be made about character building and demonstrating transcultural/species barriers but I would think there are better ways to do it.   

I dunno, I'd never really planned it, it just sorta happened. It led to some good jokes, and I felt encouraged to keep it going. At this point, not having payoff would be an abandonment of the subplot. If nothing else, it gives the characters something to do.

Yeah, the scene felt a bit fast, though my editor OK'd it. Really, I was going off my own personal experience. They'd been apart a few weeks, and Rarity is SERIOUSLY pleased to know he's back and okay. She was willing to press her luck with Corey. Corey on the other hand, is a guy, and not one likely to reject the advances of a cute lady. Getting past the species barrier was really all it took to make him receptive, and from there it's a matter of will.

Basically, he's just expecting a mild first-date makeout-petting session, and Rarity is willing for more if he shows he's bold enough. Simple anatomical faux pas, and she takes it for a signal to steal second.

Like I said, it's quick, and it's quick because Rarity initiates fast. You can tell reading it that Corey wasn't expecting that at all, but kinda surrendered to it and... well... guy's been stuck in pony-world for under a month now. Whether he'd admit it or not, he'd like himself some companionship.

I don't plan for it to be a major distraction, and that scene should honestly be the most indulgent it ever really gets. I don't think romantic subplots are really necessary in anything, just window-dressing, but hey, harmless fun.   

Anywho ignoring that whole scene I like it. Looking forward to more.

Always glad to hear from ya!

Postby Grivous » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:48 pm

@Joker-Undead: These should be in spoiler...

THESE SHOULD BE IN SPOILER--

Now I read it. D:
I was avoiding the video until now.
Now I know what is comming to S4.

BTW, a picture:

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Brother Orin » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:21 pm

Grieffon wrote:S4 animatic

S4 info from SDCC

I wonder if Sombra's back messing with Twilight's head and putting her in Celestia's place when Luna turned into Nightmare Moon 1000 years ago.

Also, warm fuzzies from that song, I'm hoping it's a road trip to the Rock Farm.
At your service.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)