My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:48 pm

I do not dispute this, that theory is as valid as any other. Though I will point out that dragons fly to migrate so the inability to fly is a fairly serios problem especially if your guess about them not being accepted is right. About the only way I can see around it would be if another theory (that Spike is in fact Dragon royalty) is in fact correct (though in that case, you'd think the dragons in the Dragon migration would have shown a little more respect to someone who was visiby a member of the royal family). In that case, the wings may not be neccecary, as the king is simply carried by his subjects along the route That, or at some point Spike's innate magic grows to include levitation (Asian loong dragons manage to fly just fine with no wings after all, and that sea serpent serpent thing always looked a lot like one of those to me (loongs are after all water dragons, so the line between water dragon and serpent may be foggy.)
And it does look like pretty much EVERY animal in Equestria is highly intellegent. Angel certinly doesn't behave like a rabbit in our world would, nor does Tank, or Opal or Owlowishus. In fact Winona seems about the only one that does behave sort of like her species would here (I'm not sure where to assign gummy, since his primary character trait is basically not doing anything, he's less a pet than a living action figure for Pinkie). So I guess sentience is the wrong word, being able to talk seems the defining point.
I'm not going to try and work out which group are the most powerful, but it seems to me that all of the major groups seem to have some sort of agreement that a citizen of one empire is accepted as a citizen of the others. After all, there seemed to be no issue in having a Griffin as a canditate in an Equestrian run contest, and, had he won, he would presumably have been awarded his prize the same as any other (no, "you can't enter, you're not a pony) No one seems to think it odd to have a self help course run by a minotaur either, and Iron Will seems to be able to run his buisness without any species based legal trouble. It sort of goes back to what I said originally, it appear that, if you can think and you can talk, you have equal rights under the Equestrian law. Where friendship is king, there is no room for racisim (specieism).
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby TheLivingCouch » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:28 pm

J-Dude wrote:@Couch

Yoink!

Happy to oblige J-Dude. Happy to oblige. :mrgreen:

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:06 am

Found my new Halloween Music.

*throws a crazy party

Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiroko » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:58 am

Just saw these on Tumblr, thought they were amazing.

All from this artist, apparently.
The Sentimental One

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:52 am

@Mon-Kitsune:

Now its my turn to put forth a rather sad theory. I think one of the reasons why we don't see a lot of dragons like Spike is because most of them are extinct. Since they can't fly, they can't migrate with the others and the other dragons won't wait up for them because they'll just slow them down. So most of Spike's species might be long dead with only the ones who found out a way of surviving during the migration time because of this. I'm assuming that dragons migrate for the same reasons birds do, because its too cold, which would be an even bigger problem for them because dragons are of course cold blooded. That could be another reason why we've seen so few of Spike's kind, because most of them are gone.

Okay, I so yeah, I found some cute pictures on deviantart:

One heck of a team the Doctor and Derpy has there.

A ponyfied version of my favorite Persona character.

This just looks cool.

Now prepare for me to assault you all with cuteness!
Bark

Postby Dibullba » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:04 am

Mad-Mutt wrote:One heck of a team the Doctor and Derpy has there.
http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2013/166/d/c/tt_type_42_by_saturnspace-d6955d4.png

That is actually art for the tumblr known as Clockwise Whooves. So technically the character goes by the name Time Turner and not the Doctor.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:35 am

Mad-Mutt wrote:@Mon-Kitsune:

Now its my turn to put forth a rather sad theory. I think one of the reasons why we don't see a lot of dragons like Spike is because most of them are extinct. Since they can't fly, they can't migrate with the others and the other dragons won't wait up for them because they'll just slow them down. So most of Spike's species might be long dead with only the ones who found out a way of surviving during the migration time because of this. I'm assuming that dragons migrate for the same reasons birds do, because its too cold, which would be an even bigger problem for them because dragons are of course cold blooded. That could be another reason why we've seen so few of Spike's kind, because most of them are gone.

Maybe though I will point out that most hard fanatasists genrally assume dragons are NOT cold blooded, since in fantasy evolution, they are generally assumed to be closer related to dinosaurs than reptiles (some of them do have "hair" like how some dinosaurs had fur like feathers. Flying (even if you do have wings) takes a lot of energy, WAAY more than a ectotherm can muster, or why while there are quite a few reptiles that can glide there are none that actually fly (While not true dinosaurs, Pterosaurs are also assumed to have probably been endotherms) Also, we've seen Spike wandering around in the winter, and while he sometimes wears warm clothes, he doesn't seem to need any more than any of the ponies do (and I'm not sure that clothes would be enough, most reptiles have to hibernate to survive the cold. And of course dragons can breathe fire, so it's a little hard to imagine they can't keep themselves warm. Dragon migration is probably like bird migration but thats more about food than warmth, Spike's kind would have starved, not froze. Maybe they only survive by pony intervention (the wheeled out spikes egg for Twilights test, maybe that's how they always test, and Spike has a whole clutch of brother and sisters back in Canterlot.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:09 am

2snack has just released a new Two Best Sister Play animation. Join Luna and Celestia as they fight shadows, screw with Japanese people, troll the hell out of little girls who just want to watch TV, and marvel as Luna screws up Celestia's saved game data. Man that is a low blow. Its still funny as hell though.

Edit: Also, for those of you wondering why this one isn't Smash Bros, its because 2snacks had to put that one on hiatus for some reason. Here's to hoping he is able to finish it.
Bark

Postby Cerulean » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:09 pm

Picked this up at a con nearby. There was a Fluttershy one too, but couldn't get both.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Grieffon » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:17 pm

Equestria Girls finally leaks. Awful quality though, only half the screen is shown.

https://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/8603846

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:25 am

Mad-Mutt wrote:2snack has just released a new Two Best Sister Play animation. Join Luna and Celestia as they fight shadows, screw with Japanese people, troll the hell out of little girls who just want to watch TV, and marvel as Luna screws up Celestia's saved game data. Man that is a low blow. Its still funny as hell though.

Edit: Also, for those of you wondering why this one isn't Smash Bros, its because 2snacks had to put that one on hiatus for some reason. Here's to hoping he is able to finish it.

... My insides are bleeding...

MY INSIDES ARE BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! *dies a horrible death of laughter and tears from the Universe still pushing Persona into my life*

Oh, and before death, here's a comic.

It's a silly edit, but it made me giggle.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:30 am

This tickled me (you know how I feel about the "veggie ponies" theory)

I now have nasty thoughs of a future EQG movie where the six visit paris (or some other place where horse is considered both accepable and a delicacy) and Twilight finds out how tasty her OWN kind are.

Postby Grieffon » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:51 am

TheLivingCouch wrote:   I'm guessing at this point that my main problem is the inclusion of the contest at all. It's something we've all seen a million times and I was half expecting some sort of twist at the crowning. I'm not sure if this would be more cliche but I would have liked to see Twi be crowned after defeating Shimmer rather than before. Shimmer stuffing the ballot box, or simply appearing on stage with the crown having stolen it or something and then go demon transformation right in the middle of the dance. Then after Twi defeats her she is rewarded with the crown for doing the right thing. It's probably more cliche than what played out and I'm probably being nitpicky, but what they did with the scenario was phenomenal no question about it.   

When I watched up to that part I had that same scenario in my mind. It would have been more cliche than what happened, but I think cliche may have worked better in this case. Also, Sunset Shimmer's redemption at the end felt out of place. As you said, she is like Chrysalis, it would be more likely for her to run to the portal than sit there crying and being sorry. Of course, given the nature of MLP that wouldn't happen, but if only they could have squeezed in some sign of remorse throughout the course of the movie (like that one time of Azula at the beach in Avatar: TLA), that would have made the redemption less abrupt.   

As for everything else you already covered them in your post. Given the premise they had to work with, the FiM crew did an excellent job. Still, this is best not made into anything further than a one-shot movie.

Here's a better leak of EqG. Only torrent for now.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:AC9FB0168BE6B9E5C1EEBFF32BBC51141B1F27C0&dn=Equestria%20Girls%20part%201.mp4&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6AC182373984D030E9567EB67363BDFB680114CA&dn=Equestria%20Girls%20part%202%20section%201.mp4&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ccc.de%3a80%2fannounce

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:DC66FDCBE2BD56F7EC3EEFA72024C0A763CA95BF&dn=Equestria%20Girls%20part%202%20section%202.mp4&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ccc.de%3a80%2fannounce

Postby J-Dude » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:40 pm

Oh, you gotta be kidding me! :frown:

A full goddamn week with NO proper leak, and the day I decide to try my OWN hand at it with my cell phone, NOW someone decides to get on that shit?!

Fuck, I even bought a cupholder mount for my cell phone so it could stay steady.

Is it at LEAST in a resolution inferior to 720p, because that's what I'll be shooting in, provided the theater isn't full and I'm not surrounded by people in the back row...
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:49 pm

I never try to do that stupid shit at the theatre. They regularly check the theatre for anyone recording or something like that.
Not Space Jesus

Postby J-Dude » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:57 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:I never try to do that stupid shit at the theatre. They regularly check the theatre for anyone recording or something like that.

Ha, I WORK at a theater dude, I know how they operate. Typical show has the quality checker come in twice within the first half hour of the movie, at least at a mainstream theater. And believe me, these guys aren't really motivated. Typical job is just come in, check the exit door, listen for any crowd disturbances and make sure the movie is working.

They never look for pirates because nobody ever FINDS pirates, and they don't know what to look for anyway. Biggest tip they give us at my theater is to check for red recording lights.

At any rate, the place I'm going to is so dirt cheap they don't even check the theaters at all. The guy at the concessions counter is the same guy taking your ticket, and there's almost NO staff visible beyond that. They're just too small of a theater with too big of an overhead.
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."

Postby Hiroko » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:05 pm

So I saw the movie with my friend yesterday, and we both really enjoyed it. :3

Just, one thing, since I haven't seen this being mentioned in anyone's posts yet: did any of you who watched the movie stick around until the end of the credits? I ask because, if anyone else plans on watching the movie, STAY UNTIL THE END OF THE CREDITS. The little Easter Egg at the end is worth it.
The Sentimental One

Postby J-Dude » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:59 pm

Oh yes, I did indeed. Both times. Once, just in case (good decision!) and twice, because...

I GOT THAT SHIT ON TAPE, MELONFARMERS!!!

Woo hoo! Success!!!

Okay, so it'll be a bit patchy, but it'll be the most stable-looking version out there!

At first I was gonna abort, because I wasn't alone at the top row and the mounted phone in the cupholder would be conspicuous to anyone turning their head.

Then I got the fucking BRAINWAVE, to put the mount in the cupholder, RAISE THE ARM of the seat, and then bend the flexineck to face the screen just behind my head. The angle wasn't perfect, but when it went dark I chanced pushing the arm forward until I got the full frame. Inconspicuous as FUCK, just a grey rectangular tab poking over the top of a raised cupholder.

The showing itself had issues, given the monkeys in the projections aisle couldn't figure out how to get the film working, and THEN had the first minute be nothing but audio before the video finally kicked-in. Otherwise it went amazingly well. Barring a few bits of lost footage due to needing to stop and turn the exposure on high, and the forty-minute mark when the phone stopped recording altogether, it was a smash-success and nobody was the wiser.

And with my brightness down and airplane mode on, I'd only spent FORTY-PERCENT of my phone's battery. When did cell-phones get THIS badass?

Anyway, once I cut it together I'll offer a link. Don't know where to, but I'm open to suggestions.

Postby J-Dude » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:08 pm

Don't know where I'd host it, but at any rate, here's the torrent link:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:C0DD50AF4CBED04221C416644C2E19CA19C60F75&dn=eqg.mp4&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce

It's pretty noisy... not sure I'd full-screen it, but hey, gift horse in the mouth and all that.

Postby Hiroko » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:15 am

How do those links work? They just look like a long string of gibberish on my screen.
The Sentimental One

Postby Grieffon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:39 am

@Hiroko
Get BitTorrent. There should be a link-shaped button that says "Add torrent from URL", paste the whole link JD posted.

Postby Hiroko » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:41 am

Ahh, I see.
The Sentimental One

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:50 am

Mon-Kitsune wrote:This tickled me (you know how I feel about the "veggie ponies" theory)

I now have nasty thoughs of a future EQG movie where the six visit paris (or some other place where horse is considered both accepable and a delicacy) and Twilight finds out how tasty her OWN kind are.

I don't know why I hadn't posted this. I was there when Tiara was making it... There was some pretty nice music playing in that stream~

P.S. Favorite line so far while watching the movie: "Gahhhh..."
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Maru » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:30 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:
Mad-Mutt wrote:2snack has just released a new Two Best Sister Play animation. Join Luna and Celestia as they fight shadows, screw with Japanese people, troll the hell out of little girls who just want to watch TV, and marvel as Luna screws up Celestia's saved game data. Man that is a low blow. Its still funny as hell though.

... My insides are bleeding...

MY INSIDES ARE BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! *dies a horrible death of laughter and tears from the Universe still pushing Persona into my life*

Thou canst escape it, for thou art drawn to the Persona ponies.

Seriously, the animator must be a complete boss.
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Merry Christmas Bitch

Postby Biostar » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Thanks for the torrent, J-Dude

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)