My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:52 pm

The same thing that's wrong with me. Horror is super fun to write, watch, read, play, make, whatever.

Also:
Kusang_Manalo wrote:These sketches lead to something big. ;)

Um... *excited*
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:47 am

I just finished the Rainbow Factory, along with the music video, and the the sequal to it.

What. The. Bloody. Fuck.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:52 am

@Blood Lord:

This might help drive the "What. The. Bloody. Fuck." away:

Its a parody with a much more upbeat tone story and ending.
Also, its pretty damn funny in a clever kind of way.
Bark

Postby Dibullba » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:17 am

Adding to Mad-Mutt's post

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:37 am

Adding to the thread for reasons.

An Optimist

Postby punzil504 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:02 am

Classic Goofy "How To" (or in Goofy's case, How Not To) shorts. It was only a matter of time before someone Derpified one.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:05 am

My childhood smiled when I found this.
An Optimist

Postby Grieffon » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:18 pm

Good old disney... have to watch it again sometimes.

Postby Dibullba » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:16 pm

Your heart is not prepared!

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:32 pm

For a second I thought that comic was going to end all sad with Chrysalis swearing vengeance on all pony kind or something because she gets chased out of the kingdom or beaten up because of a certain prejudice against Changelings.

Glad to see that it went along the more cuter rout.
Bark

Postby Dibullba » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:12 am

An odd thought came to me. What if Vanity Smurf was a changeling XD

Postby punzil504 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:06 am

I think even a Narcissistic changeling would still need to feed off of somepony else... I've heard self love tastes like crap.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:59 pm

O.O

I found Rainbow Factory on iTunes. Shi-

SOMEONE TAKE THE COMPUTER AWAY FROM ME BEFORE I DOWNLOAD IT.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:58 am

Doitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoit-

*gasp*

doitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitDOIT!
An Optimist

Postby Dibullba » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:53 am

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:10 am

Found a fan made Equestrian alphabet thanks to a link under this drawing of Dash with a badass looking sword that says "Loyalty" on it:

No idea if this was posted here or not, but here's the Equestrian Alphabet (I think its fan made but I'm not sure):

Bark

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:36 am

Don't know who came up with the alphabet but I'm impressed. While I doubt that this is the "official" Equestrian language (if it was, they probably wouldn't use quills, which are fine for curvy lines, but not that great for big thick heavy blocks like that) but I find the amount of thought that went into this inspiring (there's a bit of self aggrandizement in there; one of the big reasons I find the amount of thought that went into this so impressive is that most of the logical conclusions the creator came to about why the language should look the way it did are the same ones I used in my own work when I was working on the written form of Tenguspeak.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:19 pm

Why big blocks? I don't get that.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
Blighttown is easy

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:48 pm

My best guess is that it is a function of the method. The shape of the characters of most languages are usually largely influenced by what was usually used originally to write them. Chinese and Japanese have all of those curvy lines and strokes of varying thicknesses BECAUSE it is written with a brush dipped in ink (actually there is a school of thought that if they hadn't adopted the brush they characters would be a lot more angular; since a lot of the early Chinese characters were supposedly based on the shapes taken from cracks in fire roasted sheep shoulder bones in ancient sacrafices). Cuneiform is made up of little triangles becuse it was made by pressing a trinagular stylus (probably a sedge stalk) into wet clay. Greco-Roman letters look sort of like they do becuse those shapes were easy to scratch into a wax tablet with a stylus and or engrave into stone with a chisel (with the curvier styles taking over when man moved from using stlylii and tablets to quills and parchment). Runes look like runes because they were scratched in stone (or why the curves tend to be triangles not hemispheres).
This brings matters to Equestrian, which probably orginated with hooves scraching in the ground (much as Tenguspeak originated with claw scratches on bark). THAT's probably why it is so wide, hooves really aren't exactly delicate instruments. Actually formation wise, the closest earth language to the Equestrian characters is probably Braille. Imagine each character as existing in a grid roughly 5 squares by 5 (that seems about right) Each square can either have a hoof print in it (black) or not (white). Now replace those hoofprints with simple black squares and you'd pretty much get what we have here (if there are no divisions between squares in the grid, then adjacent black sqares would attach to each other; giving us the lines). A little evolution could explain the rest of the quirks (like why the characters are now rectangular instead of square and the white spaces are smaller than the black ones). That's my best guess at least
Last edited by Mon-Kitsune on Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:52 pm

Yeah, I can see that.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:33 am

Here's some art.

Kinda wish this one didn't have watermarks, but it's lovely nonetheless.
An Optimist

Postby punzil504 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:36 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:Don't know who came up with the alphabet but I'm impressed. While I doubt that this is the "official" Equestrian language (if it was, they probably wouldn't use quills, which are fine for curvy lines, but not that great for big thick heavy blocks like that) but I find the amount of thought that went into this inspiring (there's a bit of self aggrandizement in there; one of the big reasons I find the amount of thought that went into this so impressive is that most of the logical conclusions the creator came to about why the language should look the way it did are the same ones I used in my own work when I was working on the written form of Tenguspeak.)

The alphabet is interesting, but they ran into an immediate issue with "Princess Celestia," or more specifically, the letter C.

The rules lump C and K together as the same letter while ignoring pronunciation. Technically, they just named her Prinkess Kelestia instead of Prinsess Selestia.

They did include /dʒ/ as its own letter (I'm assuming that they'd use it to spell both Jet Set and Giraffe).

Postby Grieffon » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:42 pm

So Sunset Shimmer was never as good as Twilight, so when she heard about the coronation she stole the crown as revenge.

Also someone who got to see the pre-screening posted a bunch of pics. Very spoiler.

Postby dj1107 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:08 pm

Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:01 pm

punzil504 wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:Don't know who came up with the alphabet but I'm impressed. While I doubt that this is the "official" Equestrian language (if it was, they probably wouldn't use quills, which are fine for curvy lines, but not that great for big thick heavy blocks like that) but I find the amount of thought that went into this inspiring (there's a bit of self aggrandizement in there; one of the big reasons I find the amount of thought that went into this so impressive is that most of the logical conclusions the creator came to about why the language should look the way it did are the same ones I used in my own work when I was working on the written form of Tenguspeak.)

The alphabet is interesting, but they ran into an immediate issue with "Princess Celestia," or more specifically, the letter C.

The rules lump C and K together as the same letter while ignoring pronunciation. Technically, they just named her Prinkess Kelestia instead of Prinsess Selestia.

They did include /dʒ/ as its own letter (I'm assuming that they'd use it to spell both Jet Set and Giraffe).

Yes they shuld have made "S" "C or S".
Actually that would probably make it more archaic than be an actual problem, given the impications that Equestria has some Greco-Roman roots. Technically in both those languages "C" and "K" are the same letter. In Greek "K" (kappa) is all there is, while in Latin there is no "K' (or "Y") and "C" is prounced as "K" exclusively (Tencically "Ceasar" would have been pronouced more like the way the Germans adapted the title "Kaiser")
There is actually a funny story I have about that that helps me remeber the rule. When I was a kid one of my favorite books was a pop up called "The Dwindling Party", a relentlessly creepy pop up by Edward Gorey, all about a family who goes on an outing to a manor house and are devoured by monsters one by one. The opening lines of the book go,
"A family once, by the name of Macfizzit,
A monther, a father; six children in all
Put on thier best clothing, and went off to visit
The varied diversions of Hickyacket Hall."

At the time I just thought the name of the building was just made up. However when i got older and learned a little Latin I realized it was actually a pun. Since in Latin, there is no "K" or "Y" (Y becomes "I") It would then becomes "Hiciacet" or in other words "Hic Iacet", "Here Lies" (as in "Here lies so and so") Gorey told you everyone (except Neville) was going to die on the first page!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)