My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue May 14, 2013 9:57 am

I thought she would grow bigger. Hallucinations are too generic.
Never anger a magician

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue May 14, 2013 10:24 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:I thought she would grow bigger. Hallucinations are too generic.

Ha, you mean like in Lewis Carrol's Alice in Wonderland.
Funny.

I still kind of laugh at drug related humor. I use to live in a shitty neighborhood so even though it does hit close to home for me, I think its funny. Maybe its a coping mechanism.
And no, I never did drugs, unfortunately a few people I know did, I hope their better now though.

Anyways here's something Grivous might like.

Octavia being a bad-ass:

Bark

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue May 14, 2013 10:33 am

Mad-Mutt wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:I thought she would grow bigger. Hallucinations are too generic.

Funny.

No, I actually meant Super Mario. But Alice in Wonderland works too.
Never anger a magician

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue May 14, 2013 12:29 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:
Mad-Mutt wrote:

Funny.

No, I actually meant Super Mario. But Alice in Wonderland works too.

Well both are gerenally assumed to be based on Amanita muscaria and that IS the mushroon pinkie has just chowed down on (you can tell from the red cap)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Grivous » Tue May 14, 2013 4:39 pm

@Mad-Mutt: Nope, this is Octavia being a badass:

Mafia Octavia or anything close to it is nonsense.
Like Octaviapuss. Ew

Now something to joy at:

Pinkie Pie:

"Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat...
What are they feeding you?
Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat...
It's not your fault

They won't take you to the vet
You're obviously not their favorite pet
You may not be a bed of roses
You're not friend to those with noses"

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue May 14, 2013 5:41 pm

Quick question Grivous, why do you type your username at the end of every one of your posts like it's a signature?
Never anger a magician

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue May 14, 2013 7:05 pm

Grivous wrote:@Mad-Mutt: Nope, this is Octavia being a badass.

That's cool.
To each his own.

Now shhh everyone, only cuteness for this post:

Bark

Postby Grivous » Tue May 14, 2013 8:26 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:Quick question Grivous, why do you type your username at the end of every one of your posts like it's a signature?

Well, you see: When I joined this forum in 2008, it was some kind of silly protection that I planned to don't let some hacker(or someone kinda smart) get my account and start bringing me trouble with nonsense or even offensive posts. Who knows me, probably will understand that it wasn't me whom was posting.

But in the end, everybody liked and girls faint when I write it. *shrug*

@Mad-Mutt: Awn...

Cuteness? You betcha:

We all died.

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby dj1107 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:39 pm

So yeah EG trailer popped up. I really don't know how to feel right now.

Also:
SONO CHIO SADAME! FLLLLLUUUUUU-TERS!!
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/ ... 63q564.png
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby J-Dude » Wed May 15, 2013 4:55 am

Hmm...

So, more interesting Equestria Girls news. Small bit is that dog-Spike isn't just a dog Twilight happens to bump into, Spike DOES in fact come with, and literally gets turned into a dog.

I actually kinda like that, since we'll at least know he understands what's going on. Silent companion Spike allows Twilight to have a source of comfort while still feeling detached enough from home that she can feel melancholy about it.

Bigger news: Uncovered DVD blurbs have told us that the five human analogs to Twilight's friends do NOT in fact just have the same names, and most of them have distinctly human names. You guys sitting down?

Pinkie Pie = Paulina Pettifer (wonder if her middle name is still Dianne)
Applejack = Amelia Jems
Rainbow Dash = Roxy Dodgers
Fluttershy = Faith Summers
Rarity = Rowellina Beattie

So yeah, that happened. I can't say they're not fitting names. I especially like Fluttershy's, that's a straightup bullseye. Confused about AJ's though, given the "Jems" thing makes me think of Rarity. Also, can't say I've ever met a "Rowellina," but a rare name would be fitting, wouldn't it...

That's not where it ends either! Sunset Shimmer gets the name "Susan Shelby," which I'm guessing is her cover.

But then there's THIS...

Our dear new friend and potential love-interest "Brad," is purportedly dubbed "Jock Fastflash."

Jock... Fastflash...

Hmm... ♪One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong...♪

I mean, seriously, in a world with evidently more CONVENTIONAL names, his name sounds awfully Equestrian, don't it?

Okay, I'm calling it: we have a few possibilities here.

1: Sunset Shimmer is a red herring. She was either never a pony, or else stepped through the mirror long before these events, and is ACTUALLY just a bitchy teenage pissant in a human high school. Twilight cozies up to Jock, too laser-focused on Shimmer's transparent unpleasantness to realize the TRUE mastermind is playing her for a fool.

2: Shimmer and Jock are incahoots, same basic scenario, but Shimmer just isn't the only villain.

Okay, you tell me: wouldn't that just be PERFECT? Like DHX is purposely propping up lame, entirely controversial setups to lull us all into a false sense of apathy?

No, I'm completely serious. This all sets up to be a dime a dozen vacuous high school story about a popularity contest to win back a crown, while our leading lady suddenly meets a hunky and unlikable love-interest that the audience is going to reject on sight.

What if they're trolling us?! We're all resigned to see a well-constructed but lame special, and then BAM!

Jock simultaneously creeps from the shadows as the true villain, breaks Twilight's heart, and in turn makes our general dislike for the character vindicated, as we realize they were never ACTUALLY going to set Twilight up for love in some one-shot adventure that might not even be canon to begin with.

On top of that, what was before to end like every stupid Disney channel special evar suddenly busts out into this crazy supernatural climax, likely wrapping both worlds into the fray, perhaps even having the M6 meet their alternate selves and team up!

Okay, you can say I'm handing out a lot of hypotheticals, but damnit, this is the crew of DHX we're talking about here! These are the guys who took a mandate from Hasbro to cap season 2 off with a royal wedding between two unknowns, and turned it into an AWESOME set of episodes involving an invasion by shape-shifting succubi, the lead characters brawling, Celestia joining the fight for once, and some of the best musical numbers to grace the series.

...Okay, it was also one of the worst written, with a well-designed by bafflingly stupid villain in Chrysalis and plotholes you'd be hard-pressed to plug even with the aid of Shining Armor's forcefield powers, but it sure as shit wasn't conventional, nor boring...
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed May 15, 2013 6:12 am

Another issue I have with the name of the AJA (Applejack analog) is, not to get racist (regionalist?) it doesn't sound really, well....Southern. Assuming AJA is basically a humanified version of AJ in all things, I'd have though they'd go with something like Annabel, or Abagail (or even somethng hypenated like Annie-Jo),
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Grivous » Wed May 15, 2013 8:05 am

Didn't see it yet, can't say noting yet sadly.

But here's a hilarious thing:

Incredibly, this makes much more sense(and the idea is much more interesting) than the official plot itself.

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Dibullba » Thu May 16, 2013 2:15 am

The horror... the epic horror

Relative to a previous discussion XD

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu May 16, 2013 6:57 am

Two things about the above

1. Given that the vast majority of ponies have one of a very small number of body types, isn't winding up with somepony who looks eerily like one of your family members more the norm? Shining Armor seems to share more or less the same build with most of the Guardponies. On one level I know this is simply trying to apply internal logic to what is simply a conseqence of the animation (the ponies mostly look the same because that saves on animation costs) But maybe the Ponies really do usually only come in a few body types (actually that would be really convient for groups like the Guards, it'd mean all of the armor would be interchangable and not need a lot of refitting.) And if they don't if we simply see the ponies as having mostly the same appearance beacuse of animators conceit, then whose to say that, by pony standards, Shining Armor and Brad look similar enough to cause comment among ponies.

2. Ponies eating corndogs? The whole "meat eating ponies thing" again (I'm beginning to think that waay back in ancient history, the inhabitants of Equestria can trace their ancestry back to the Mares of Diomedes). Yes you can make vegetarian corndogs (same as the vegetarian gravy an non-animal renneted cheese) but how would the ponies have even come up with the idea? When faced with things you can do with vegetables, making them into sausages is not normally one that automatically comes to mind.

Postby Grivous » Thu May 16, 2013 8:45 am

Shining Armor and Brad? Similar?

Their looks don't match at all! Even in pony style as the comic above. Where in the world bronies think that Brad is Shining Armor as human?

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby J-Dude » Thu May 16, 2013 12:19 pm

I don't know how people know this, but my understanding is that both of them have the same voice actor.
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu May 16, 2013 1:55 pm

Its been ages since I last drew some MLP: FIM art. I was working on this in my spare time while I was working on a comic of mine. I think it came out looking kind of cute.

Apple Siblings:

Applejack, Apple Bloom and Big Macintosh sitting together.

I drew this on a black canvas.

Bark

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Thu May 16, 2013 8:16 pm

That Comic wrote:Corndogs...

Why do I feel that's some sort of reference?
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Dibullba » Thu May 16, 2013 9:41 pm

Mr. Sefrol wrote:
That Comic wrote:Corndogs...

Why do I feel that's some sort of reference?

References Friendship is Witchcraft which references Sonic's obsession with Chili Dogs.

Postby punzil504 » Fri May 17, 2013 7:12 am

Saw these on EQD... if you like literal videos, or if you at least liked the literal video of The Smile Song, you may like them. Personally, I think the Flim Flam Brothers one is better, but Babs Seed is a lot more literal.

Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri May 17, 2013 12:22 pm

Discord's Domain (a pony related blog similar to EQD) recently added my drawing of the Apple siblings to their version of Draw Friends. Here's some of my favorite pictures from that very same draw friend.

Even as changelings their adorable:

She can't seem to get this song out of head. I know the feeling. Or more likely she's just thinking up a new one:

A cyberpunk Gilda. I'm okay with this:

Leave it to Fluttershy to bring the nice out of a Creeper:

There were a lot more great drawings there, but I thought it would best to limit this to my personal top four.
Bark

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Fri May 17, 2013 8:01 pm

There is a sudden spike of Equestria Girl related stuff.

One example is this.

"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Dibullba » Fri May 17, 2013 9:33 pm

OUCH MY SIDES XD. God forbid the artist that figures out Twilight goes to that universe naked. If it were not for Hasbro having to be sure that the cartoon is kid friendly, I am sure she would not know the difference between being naked and wearing clothes XD.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat May 18, 2013 5:22 am

Nah, Twilight would have only showed up naked if this was made in Japan, and spike would be able to talk and maybe do a whole transformation sequence where he turns into a dragon dog (actually that part sounds pretty awesome) and Spike would on occasion get trapped in her cleavage or looking up her skirt. You know what, if Equestria Girls was made in Japan it would probably turn out like that one MLP/Sailor Moon comic that's been posted here before. Only Twilight wouldn't know how to put on cloths for the first few minutes. Then the CMC would stumble upon a bloody murder where the guy's head is cut off and put on a pike, even though this is suppose to be a show for kids and have to solve it because it turns out that Sweetie Bele is secretly a genius detective.
I could go on and on, but I'm done poking fun at anime.

This would be one of the best selling games of all time:

Now behold the cuteness:
Bark

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat May 18, 2013 6:55 am

I'm a muthafucking T-REX!

~T-REX!

"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)