My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:14 pm

Thinking about it, I doubt this wouldn't happen. Cool idea though. Maybe we make a fan short of that. ;)
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Dibullba » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:40 am

Awesome collab music here.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:14 am

Wow, that new ep. of FiW is freakin amazing. Looks like they put a LOT of effort into it. It really shows. And I loved the song. Got to see clips of it before it was done on his Tumblr, but I was not expecting what I saw in the least. They really pulled out all the stops on this one.

@ Grieffon: I didn't read a lot of what happened, so I think I'll go back and read more. But you're saying that they lost... what exactly? Do you mean assets as in "what they already made"?

Also... found another project...

http://mpp64.deviantart.com/

THEY'RE ACTUALLY MAKING A MLP VERSION OF PAPER MARIO!
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Grieffon » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:46 pm

@Sefrol: Their art asset.

We have one project ready to be released on Mar 30th.

Postby J-Dude » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:06 pm

Black Equinox update for you folks!

Chapter 11: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/23282/1 ... chapter-11

And no, there's no bankruptcy subplot, lol.

It's weird though; I submitted the new chapter to EQD, but it didn't appear in their story updates post a few hours later. Hmm, maybe I'll be at the top of the next one...
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:01 pm

Rainbow Dash Presents: My Little Dashie Commentary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ZFjvfZ8LdY

Enjoy as Petirep and friends talk over the fan animation.
I'll say it again that this is my favorite of the animations they've done. I like stories like these that are about people (or in this case apes and ponies) who just live. Yes it gets over the top silly at some point, but it still seems like a slice of life story to me. Also its damn funny and need I mention the Tubby Wubby Dashie in a Harley outfit.
Also, I had a feeling that the creators of this fan animation didn't like the character who they call Harry in the animation who took care of Dash in the fanfic and the commentary sort of confirms it a little, they at least didn't like the way he took care of Dash.

Also isn't there a guy who visits this forum who like Octavia? Whoever you are this is for you:

Octavia in Navy gear:
Bark

Postby J-Dude » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:48 pm

Yeesh, does anyone know if someone has managed to map Canterlot in some consistent way?

I get the odd urge some days to go model it, but I watch the show and it just confuses me. Clearly we can see the distinct shape from far off, but when we see how big the ponies are compared to the architecture, you KNOW there has to be more to it than that, because in other scenes you see the city at large, and there's a LOT of it. WAY more than the tiny bit we see on the horizon.

I know the answer is probably, "it's 2D, so they're cheating with the space like a motherfucker from shot to shot" but it would be nice to have some way to reconcile it as a whole.
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:13 pm

Found this:

Bark

Postby Dibullba » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:43 pm

Postby Saint Soul » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:35 pm

I can no longer tolerate the derpy fans. They lost their creativity. And they made her a gag character.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Dibullba » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:08 am

Sir Soulchild wrote:I can no longer tolerate the derpy fans. They lost their creativity. And they made her a gag character.

She just don't know what went wrong.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:35 am

Soul... she's always been a gag character. ALWAYS :I

Also, anyone remember that Sonic vs. Rainbow Dash video? Well, he made one for Tails and Twilight now :D

An Optimist

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:41 am

VERY important!
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Saint Soul » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:43 am

But its to the point that the fans have run out of actual funny and quality for here. Art wise anyway

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:52 am

You gotta except some "creative decay" in the fandom. It's been three years already. It's gonna run out of ideas. Unless you want Family Guy humor on Derpy.

No, sir, no you don't.
Not-an-animator

Postby Saint Soul » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:24 pm

I happen to enjoy family guy ... till last season.

Postby J-Dude » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:50 pm

Ugh... the Twilight vs Tails thing PAINS ME...

Firstly, what the hell, first thirty seconds, what's with the two sets of fascination with heads shoved into asses???

Second... Tails the "skeptic." Skeptics don't just dismiss fantastical things out of hand, y'know? If I saw a unicorn teleport me somewhere and telekinetically move shit, I might suspect there was a functional mechanism making that happen, but I'd want to learn more about it. Not just go, "Feh, mirrors" like an asshole.

Then Twilight. You wanna do something that would baffle a scientist? Transfigure something. Turn a frog into an orange again. The total restructuring of matter from one complex form instantaneously into another complex form might be possible in the far damn future, but I couldn't imagine how.

The "Celestia controls the sun" thing would have worked, if they didn't make it a cheap punchline.

"Christianity MAY not all be bullshit."

The fuck does Celestia have to do with Christianity? I'd think you'd more keen to join the Church of Pony-Christ given what just happened.

See, this is how religious people THINK skeptics and atheists behave: that we're snooty people with a god complex that will ignore the supernatural because apparently we WANT to disbelieve the supernatural.

It only SEEMS like that because we have higher standards of evidence than you do! It doesn't take much to convince you people, so you fall for logical fallacies at the drop of a hat! We don't need everything we believe in SHOVED under our noses, but we need SOME reason to think your supernatural claims ARE in fact "supernatural" and don't have a natural explanation. Because in about every circumstance, the natural explanation is the simpler one!

Fuck! People and their disdain for NOT jumping to the first horseshit explanation your local bigfoot-hunting group hacks up!

Postby Guardian » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:14 pm

J-Dude wrote: Skeptics don't just dismiss fantastical things out of hand, y'know?

Uhh, yeah they do man. I don't know what part of the world you live, but they universally dismiss things without considering the other side or seek to prove it wrong.

J-Dude wrote:Fuck! People and their disdain for NOT jumping to the first horseshit explanation your local bigfoot-hunting group hacks up!

J-Dude, I advise you to chill the fuck out and think again before you go off on another ranting spree.

Next time something comes up that offends you, calmly explain the issue, and misconceptions. MLP has a massive range of members that stretch from toddlers to seniors, elementary school students to members of the military, religious to atheist, and conservative to liberal. Its not surprising that you find that people's interest seep into their fanfiction works. Did you even catch the joke in the beginning towards Obama?
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby J-Dude » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:42 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Uhh, yeah they do man. I don't know what part of the world you live, but they universally dismiss things without considering the other side or seek to prove it wrong.

I'll do as you say and cool down, as this IS a rage-button for me, but the quoted statement is something I have to address, with respect, as I vehemently disagree with it.

We are skeptical to the existence of the speculated until such time as evidence for it is forthcoming. This is due to the application of critical thinking.

We don't HAVE to prove someone wrong about the existence of a thing. We don't try to disprove things, yes. We don't do it at all, because it's a waste of time. You cannot prove a negative. I cannot tell you, with certainty, that Sasquatch doesn't exist at all. To do so is dishonest, because no matter what, the point-zero-zero-zero et cetera odds STILL allow for the possibility.

It's a thing we call "the burden of proof." For the aforementioned reasons, the burden of proof is ALWAYS upon the CLAIMANT: the person making the claim for existence. If it were otherwise, we would be forced to believe every absurdity presented to us, and every absurdity cannot possibly be reconciled with reality.

The thing is, we DO consider the other side. We hear their arguments. We don't go into this TRYING to prove them wrong, we ask them to CONVINCE us. But we find, time and time again, that the claims, the evidence put forth and the reasoning behind simply aren't compelling, and are more often than not patently dishonest or —in some cases— intentionally misleading.

We HAVE given these ideas a fair shake, and we're still open to the possibilities. But naturally, there comes a time when you find REASONABLE certainty as opposed to ABSOLUTE certainty, and it all becomes so much white noise. That's where you get the stereotype of the jaded, sneering skeptic. But if Twilight Sparkle suddenly teleported into my room, I wouldn't dismiss the existence of unicorns. I'd take pictures, get opinions outside myself and seriously wonder as to my sanity, but I think it would be proof enough.

Postby Guardian » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:37 pm

My experience has proven otherwise. However, as interesting as this subject is, I'm not going to throw this thread off track by continuing this subject. Sorry. If you want to take it elsewhere (not my PM box) and can maintain a calmness then I'm down for it.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Dibullba » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:29 am

Answering one of your gripes J-Dude with the heads to asses thing. You have to watch Rainbow Dash vs. Sonic vid to understand why that happened.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:13 am

It's a continuation from that and all, yes. After seeing Amy and Pinkie, I was sort of expecting to see the others pop up in the background as well at one point or another.

Didn't know me posting that would cause a fit, but oh well. Got some sorta good news anyways.

http://www.mane6.com/2013/02/c-megapost.html#more

the Fighting is Magic staff updated about the goings-on and answered a bunch of questions. Nothing saying if they will be able to continue (they just don't know yet), but it's something.
An Optimist

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:30 am

Specula has it that they may work on the Galaxy Girls Franchise? That's Lauren Faust pet project that didn't seem to take flight.

If this ever happens, can have something like Rayman Origins? Music scoring and gameplay-wise?

Or maybe a castlevania type of game?
Not-an-animator

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:15 am

I think she's brought up nothing connected to her, but ideas of other equine or deer like species were brought up. In one of her tweets, she asked what was cuter between lambs or fawns and people believe that's the idea she's working off of instead of parting from quadrapedal beings.
An Optimist

Postby Mad-Mutt » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:42 pm

Gonna dump some stuff I found on Devaintart on you guys here:

Fist, something awesome:

Second, something cute:

And third, something animated:

Bark

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)