My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Grieffon » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:17 am

Mad-Mutt wrote:Here's the picture I made that they added to their version of the Drawfriends. I didn't even have to submit it to them and it was added like a day after I submitted it.
http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/018/e/0/the_princess_and_the_dragon_by_mad_mutt-d5ry91z.png

That one is quite good. Try submitting it to EqD when the episode hype died down a bit.

Sir Soulchild wrote:I don't think I have any hopes left for and real villain potential in this show.

God, why do people whine so much about things that hasn't even happened?

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:56 am

Dibullba wrote:This comic is so simple and yet it nearly killed me from laughter.
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/ ... 5rzsza.png

Oh my god, I couldn't help laughing at this for a good few minutes. Well executed, Karzahnii...

Dibullba wrote:Lilo and Stitch. Sort of makes sense since Discord did reference like two Disney Movies in this ep.

He made some references? I don't think I caught them...

So yeah, as for the new episode... Not how I expected it to go.    Was thinking it'd go with everyone trying their hand at it, but then Fluttershy stepping up and succeeding instead of going straight to Fluttershy to lead into some awkward-to-watch moments up until the last few minutes. I feel a few moments were overplayed, even though it looks as if Discord is being a LOT more subtle about things with the Elements of Harmony right in front of his face if he steps too far. It's weird... Because they did less, things became more noticeable? I guess compared to his first appearance, and this only being a single episode instead of an hour special it didn't have time enough for Discord to really strut his stuff, or show his evolution. I'm okay with the last part, but then it still felt a little rushed, going from self-centered god to good guy in less than a minute. If they added some more moments where Discord doubted his actions, things would have flowed better. But that's my opinion right after watching the Ep. and not reading anyone else's spoilers.   
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:07 am

Time surely passed by so fast . Two more episodes and we're done with Season 3.

Whether or not Twilight becomes what you think she will be, I'm praying for a DVD release of this season. Or at least bundled in Steam (which will NEVER happen).

You think Hub should a make its own Hub Pub (House of Mouse)?
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Dibullba » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:13 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:
Dibullba wrote:Lilo and Stitch. Sort of makes sense since Discord did reference like two Disney Movies in this ep.

He made some references? I don't think I caught them...

The references were:
1.When Discord was being released from stone, the initial stretch and forward lean referenced the Genie from Aladdin. It would be very easy to miss though.
2. When the Mane 6 were at the dinner party, Discord made the dishes move and candles dance. An easy to see reference to Beauty and the Beast's "Be our Guest"   

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:20 am

@ Kusang: ... Oh my god. That'd be amazing. You'd have a hell of a lot more Dan vs. Pinkie antics. But...it'd be a lot less crowded. If anything like that were to happen, they'd have to be short animations instead of full episodes. Unless Disney actually buys Hasbro one day... Also, they have a lot of cgi shows, so that'd something to work with to either make the 2d characters 3d, the reverse, or make the 2d and 3d animation work well enough together no not look thrown together.

@ Dib: Ohhhhhhhhh right...    I noticed the candle dancing and thought of Beauty and the Beast too. Didn't think of the stretching though.   
An Optimist

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:27 am

... OMG, THEY DID IT!

4th season :'D
An Optimist

Postby Dibullba » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:46 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:... OMG, THEY DID IT!

4th season :'D

Also the Brony Documentary has finally been released. You can buy it here. It is at an ok price, but John De Lancie himself has stated that with all the work that had been put into over 8 months that this would be the only way alongside two others would get compensation in the work. Everything put in from the Kickstarter was dispersed across everything needed for the documentary. Also very important, again stated by John, do not upload the documentary to youtube or other freesharing sites. This is so he can be able to bring the documentary to cons and festivals.
Last edited by Dibullba on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:50 am

^ Yes.

Also, here's an update on the MLP:Fighting is Magic at EVO situation.

http://www.mane6.com/2013/01/yet-anothe ... .html#more
http://evo.shoryuken.com/2013/01/13/evo ... le-update/

Basically, if Fighting is Magic wins getting into the 8th spot to be on the official floor 2nd place wins too. So. If Skullgirls gets boosted to 2nd, it's win-win :D That'd be amazingly awesome. Both games deserve to be on the floor getting the attention they deserve. But lot's of people are pushing Melee, so it'll be a close call for Skullgirls. No fears about FiM though. It's pretty safe at 1st.
An Optimist

Postby sinistra-sundown » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:51 am

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:28 am

AND SAFE! Just got it downloaded and I can watch it whenever I want... forever ._.

Okay, not really. But I wanted to make sure I could see it later since I have to go to bed now. And if it does get taken down, I'll see if I can help with getting you a viewing of it. *takes the warning at the beginning very seriously*
An Optimist

Postby Grieffon » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:12 pm

Mr. Sefrol wrote:Basically, if Fighting is Magic wins getting into the 8th spot to be on the official floor 2nd place wins too. So. If Skullgirls gets boosted to 2nd, it's win-win :D That'd be amazingly awesome. Both games deserve to be on the floor getting the attention they deserve. But lot's of people are pushing Melee, so it'll be a close call for Skullgirls. No fears about FiM though. It's pretty safe at 1st.

In the past few days, Melee pushed forward with a huge lead. FiM has no chance now.

And it doesn't seem worth it anyway. Their explanation for pulling out FiM for the 8th spot sounds reasonable, but why does it only happen when FiM pushed through to the #1 spot. It's more like they never expected a pony game to get so much support, and when they realized it, they had to find a way to ensure another game wins.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Here's two pictures of Twilight and Spike. One's kind of funny and the others is just plain awesome.

Here's this:

Well, he's got to learn about this stuff at some point:

Bark

Postby Biostar » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:26 am

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:51 am

Because of that last panel I got to post this now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtvKhmjmfHM

And here's Luna channeling Akuma: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_1x1G5Um0g
Bark

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:24 am

Grieffon wrote:And it doesn't seem worth it anyway. Their explanation for pulling out FiM for the 8th spot sounds reasonable, but why does it only happen when FiM pushed through to the #1 spot. It's more like they never expected a pony game to get so much support, and when they realized it, they had to find a way to ensure another game wins.

I think it was more that the game isn't finished over that it's pony. It was expected that the game was going to get a lot of support despite the Mane6's wanting people to vote for other stuff if they were only going to vote for theirs because it was pony. There are other games on their list that are also not finished entirely, and when Fighting is Magic got enough of a lead earlier there was a need to put up some special rulings around it. It would have happened for any of the games that weren't finished yet if they had gotten enough support and the finished product wasn't something that could be seen to be entirely finished by the time EVO rolled around. The staff didn't want to push the Mane6 crew to be put on the spot like that and make them hurry or anything.
An Optimist

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:49 am

I hope your right Sefrol, but bad things can happen when developers are pushed to finish parts of a game early. As an avid gamer, I've played a lot of games that were rushed during development and they are NOT pretty.
Bark

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:58 am

Well, they did all that just for the sake of not pressuring them to rush if they did win. At least that's my belief.

And you're right. You know the remade Sonic the Hedgehog game that was god awful? Well, it was rushed because the fans kept pushing for it to be released when it wasn't ready so it'd be out for Sonic's 25th anniversary. Just imagine how much suck would have been taken out of it if they had gotten that extra year they were planning on. It probably wouldn't have been a best seller, but at least it would have been bearable.
An Optimist

Postby Dibullba » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:58 am

If you enjoyed that New Math vid, you are going to have a blast with this one!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:14 am

I like how John de Lancie blushes when he himself brings up clopping without thinking about it... But then... from 3:27 to 3:33... the animation style changes up to something that's far from simple tweening. It was fun having him and Tara join in on this project. Didn't even know John had an OC representation before this.

Well isn't this adorable...

(click on the pic to read a comic)
An Optimist

Postby dj1107 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:46 pm

@Mr. Sefrol

Well that & The main plot for Sonic 06 felt like a terrible Final Fantasy game. That & more "realistic" Eggman looks stupid as all hell.

Anyway it's Monday so that means I can talk about the latest episode without spoilers right?
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:33 am

Eeyup.

An Optimist

Postby Saint Soul » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:07 am

Well that was refreshing.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:48 am

I mentioned this earlier (and am sure it is just coincidence) but Derpy's cutie mark looks EXACTLY like the logo of Dry brand soda (the one they print on the bottlecaps). To make it a little creepier, one of the flavors (the juniper) has a label that is also more or less Derpy's bluish grey color. So maybe it should be the official beverage of Derpy Hooves Day possily along with the lavender flavor (since many of us think Dinky is Derpy's daughter, and she is purple)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:11 am

Don't remember that being said before, but I like the idea. Also, I've never heard of this brand of soda either. So. Hmm.

How is it?
An Optimist

Postby Mimeme » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:39 am

A friend was showing off her 2-year-old's collection. I think it will continue to grow.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)