Switch to full style
The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.
Post a reply

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:20 pm

so i found a pretty grimdark conspiracy theory about MLP and im curious if any of you have read it.
basically, each of the main characters are supposedly based on real life girls that all died in the same year.
obviously has to be false, but its an interesting read, i must say.
if you don't want the innocence of the characters ruined, i suggest you DO NOT read this. otherwise, enjoy.

something less traumatic:

meaning of life? apples.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:32 pm

Gawd can't believe we have to wait 2 week for ponies.....Anyway I thought "Spike at your service" was a weird episode. Part of me doesn't like the generic premise or the fact that Spike has somehow become accidental prone & Then part of me likes the Timber wolves & Pinkie mustache obsession. I'm so conflicted.... Also we need more Lightning Dust since she's clearly the better somewhat-antagonist then Trixie.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:15 am

Mon-Kitsune wrote:I'd say the latter. After all, they can't use the elements without the jewels. If they really were the weapons, you'd think the abilities would be sort of innate, to be called up at will.
And now a question of my own. Did the Mane 6 sort of shape the elements to thier own form? Each element is shaped (more or less) like the corresponding pony's Cutie Mark. So did each element shape itself like that when the corresponding pony claimed it or were they already shaped that way (in which case, was each of the main six prophesized to get that specific mark. And if they did shape themselves that way, what did the elements look like before (and since as far as we know the mane 6 are not destined to be immortal (except maybe Twilight), what will they look like when the next set take thier mantles.)

I have a theory for that. In the second episode, before the mane 6 activate them, the elements look like normal rocks that can be easily shattered, and I think that's what they really are: normal rocks, with some enchantments. The mane 6 are not just the wielders of the elements, they are the elements themselves. The enchanted rocks just act as a catalyst for them to use the magic, and taking forms based on the user. I would expect at the end of the series, the mane 6 will be able to use the power by themselves.

Mad-Mutt wrote:And I'm also one of the people who don't think Alicorns are immortal. They just live ridiculously long lives I think.

I can prove that Alicorns age at a normal rate and are neither long lived nor immortal. In Twilight's flashback (Canterlot Wedding), Cadance looked like a teenager and at the present, an adult; so Alicorns age normally. Then how did Luna aged so fast from S1 to S2, which shouldn't be that long? The only way I can think of is aging spell, which was confirmed to exist, but only to those with powerful magic. That would also explain how Cadance can be the princess of an empire that disappeared 1000 years before. Therefore, I think Alicorns can live long only because their high magic power give them the privilege of the age spell.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:19 am

ATTENTION FIC READERS: FALLOUT EQUESTRIA HARD COPY SIGNUP IS NOW OPEN
For all of you who are getting a set, whether it's your first or your second set there are going to be some actual deadlines this time and some general rules.
[*]Starting from now until February the 17th, you will be able to sign up for a set.
[*]You do not have to pay now but Do not sign up if you will not be able to pay for your books. This makes it harder for everyone.
[*]The reason you do not pay now is because we will be getting a quote after we learn how many people have signed up for books.
[*]The last sets were 73 USD if you need a general idea.
[*]If you can please include your phone number in the sign up notes so we can contact you easier.
[*]When you sign up, remember to set the project as Fallout: Equestria [Second Printing]

Here's what they look like:

Image Image

Not included but downloadable are several sets of dustjacket that you can print yourselves: Check them all here

400 sets is the limit, it's unclear whether or not they will print more, and there's already 298 sets signed up, so hurry if you want to add them to your book collection.
Last edited by Grieffon on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:28 am

Their selling Fallout Equestria stuff? Is that even legal? I'd hate to see someone get sued over this. I suppose he must have gone through some proper channels I guess. I was never that into Fallout Equestria despite being a fan of the games. And no its not because there are ocs in it. I'm actually one of the few people who enjoys ocs. I like it when someone tries to create something original even if its based off another show.
I heard about a web comic for this very site that they tried to sell, but couldn't because of the copy right laws. I'm sure it was big news back in the day, but I just got here so I barely know anything about that.

Also, the aging spell theory you just mentioned makes a lot of sense.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:22 am

Grieffon wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:I'd say the latter. After all, they can't use the elements without the jewels. If they really were the weapons, you'd think the abilities would be sort of innate, to be called up at will.
And now a question of my own. Did the Mane 6 sort of shape the elements to thier own form? Each element is shaped (more or less) like the corresponding pony's Cutie Mark. So did each element shape itself like that when the corresponding pony claimed it or were they already shaped that way (in which case, was each of the main six prophesized to get that specific mark. And if they did shape themselves that way, what did the elements look like before (and since as far as we know the mane 6 are not destined to be immortal (except maybe Twilight), what will they look like when the next set take thier mantles.)

I have a theory for that. In the second episode, before the mane 6 activate them, the elements look like normal rocks that can be easily shattered, and I think that's what they really are: normal rocks, with some enchantments. The mane 6 are not just the wielders of the elements, they are the elements themselves. The enchanted rocks just act as a catalyst for them to use the magic, and taking forms based on the user. I would expect at the end of the series, the mane 6 will be able to use the power by themselves.

Maybe, but if that were the case, why would Celestia need to keep them locked up afterwards. If the elements are just rocks until the ponies take them, then presumably they are just rocks when not in use; useless to anyone but them and if lost simply replacable with any other rocks lying around, unless we are in a "Dumbo's magic feather" situation, or they bonded with the rocks when they took thier elements (so that the rocks actually ARE physically jewels now, even when the ponies arent wearing them, and are not interchangable.)

Grieffon wrote:
Mad-Mutt wrote:And I'm also one of the people who don't think Alicorns are immortal. They just live ridiculously long lives I think.

I can prove that Alicorns age at a normal rate and are neither long lived nor immortal. In Twilight's flashback (Canterlot Wedding), Cadance looked like a teenager and at the present, an adult; so Alicorns age normally. Then how did Luna aged so fast from S1 to S2, which shouldn't be that long? The only way I can think of is aging spell, which was confirmed to exist, but only to those with powerful magic. That would also explain how Cadance can be the princess of an empire that disappeared 1000 years before. Therefore, I think Alicorns can live long only because their high magic power give them the privilege of the age spell.

Likey, though I will point out that a lot of fantasy characters who are immortal don't age in a uniform manner (they age normally until they are grown up, and then simply stop) And even with the spell I tend to think Cadence is at least second generation to the throne (i.e. the Princess of the Crystal empire when it dissapeared 1000 yeas ago was her mother and the inhabitant recognize Cadence as thier princess because she looks like her) After all if we are backing on the ageing spell, that would mean Cadence decided to stay a teenager for 1000 years as opposed to an adult, unless you want to believe some really convoluted plans (i.e. that Twilight is so important to Equestria, and Celestia so good at precognition, that Cadance de-aged herself back into a teenager for 15 or so years just so she could babysit Twilight as a child. Or that it was falling in love with Shining Armor that made her decide to age herself into an adult, and otherwise, she would have stayed a teenager forever (peter pan compex?))

Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:10 pm

If I had the software I'd be making an animated music video for this right now. If I could I'd probably have Pip be the one singing it cos the guy singing this sounds like he lives in the UK.

Dinky's Mum: (Who's our loveable Derpy)
a parody of Stacy's Mom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZQ4DLF-OIY

And here's this thing with Scootaloo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPSk4n18i6s

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:16 pm

@Mad-mutt:
The FoE books are sold at printing cost, and combined with the work put into the project, they are essentially selling them at a loss, therefore it's not threatening copyrights. This is already the second print, the first print was completed without any complaints, so I really doubt anyone will sue them.

@Mon
Since the two times the magic was used on NMM yielded different results, I doubt even Celestia know how the element works, so (still going by my theory) maybe she doesn't that the rocks are not truly needed?
For the other point, I think they will return to rocks only when they are not owned, like when Celestia was no longer the elements, but the mane 6 hadn't come to claim them yet.

About Cadance, without the burden of being the ruler, perhaps Cadance chose to be a teenager so that other ponies will treat her with less fear, and she can have some fun to herself.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:50 pm

Grieffon wrote:@Mad-mutt:
About Cadance, without the burden of being the ruler, perhaps Cadance chose to be a teenager so that other ponies will treat her with less fear, and she can have some fun to herself.

Maybe, But I would imagine an adult princess with no responsabilities would be able to have as much, if not more fun than a teenage one. But that's just me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u5igvzNXJk

I like this parody (it's quite catchy) though my anal retentive side want to scream at whoever came up with those bottles (you can't make a product called Appejack appelwein (note appelwein or apfelwein is the German for cider). It would be like making something called Whiskey Brand beer) (Anal rant over)

Now I wonder what kind of drinking songs are Sung in equestria (assume for the moment that it has a little more depth than the kiddie nature will allow, and that alcohol does exist there) My mind is now going "Three Jolly Coachmares sat at a roadside tavern......"

Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:29 pm

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s480x480/284504_187187714757652_2098200427_n.png

Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:10 pm

Care to give the class some background or is that image just sanguinary for its own sake?

Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:31 am

twas an image found on my facebook stream. tis all i know.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:34 am

Well let's avoid low content like that yeah? It's easier to be lenient when there is an obvious humor or interest value to it.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:43 am

its not low content.

BTW

what is 'low content"?

Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:50 am

It's content that I'm having the trouble in seeing the intrinsic value that makes it worth posting. Now you can go and pop into PMs if you're still having trouble with that.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:17 am

Sir Soulchild wrote:https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s480x480/284504_187187714757652_2098200427_n.png

A picture of Dash battered and bruised with a "Come at me, bro" expression is simply not enough for Lord Soth.

Kinda reminds of that new Lara Croft game. Can't wait for it to get released. Gaah~!

Rarity fans, Behold!

Crystal Rarity!

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:38 am

He meaned don't post something that is just a simple vector with blood edit.

Though I have to admit, this fanbase, for all its gory fanfic and fanon, has surprisingly few bloody picture with quality. In fact this is the closest thing I can remember.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:14 am

Yeah, but that one is over the top! Wow.

Putting that aside, here's a Fix-it Felix Pony.

I give props to drud14 who made the pony walk cycle from scratch. Really well made.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:22 am

Funny thing, I really like to watch people who watch MLP. A few weeks back I found this new guy who just recently got into watching S3 and by god he is entertaining. Feel free to check him out if you are looking for a fun way to rewatch episodes.

I also have a lot of others I could share if people are interested, but I was just amazed at how quickly this guy jumped to the my favorite let's watcher.

Edit: Oh yeah almost forgot. FEAST YOUR EYES ON THIS!!!

Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:13 am

I don't recall... Is she in the mix of having/planning on voicing a character in the show? Or is she a fan? I'm drawing a blank.

But, on the topic of actors and ponies intertwining... Here's Hot in Cleveland - Elevator and Bronies

I. Have. No. Words.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:22 pm

i swear all i do is post pony art on here these days, nothing more... i wonder if any of ya'll actually enjoys it anyway

I can never get enough Luna
Rulers of Badass
Deliciously Adorable

so...... Grivous.... (NSFW)
Last edited by Harumii on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:01 pm

Mr. Sefrol wrote:I don't recall... Is she in the mix of having/planning on voicing a character in the show? Or is she a fan? I'm drawing a blank.

But, on the topic of actors and ponies intertwining... Here's Hot in Cleveland - Elevator and Bronies

I. Have. No. Words.

Grey DeLisle is Azula from Avatar. It has been confirmed that she will be voicing for a fan project, most likely Derpy.

As for the video I'm not sure if it means any offense.

Here's another video, watch the whole thing. He made a full pony video before, so that bit is just for humor.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:20 pm

1rst off: I may be late to this, but... FINALLY! I get to see how Rainbow Dash plays in Fighting is Magic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIXCn_rgrW4

2nd off: Here's a little behind the scenes look at how 2snacks animates:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fysNTEl ... sg&index=1
Who's 2snacks you ask? Remember the Two Best Sister's play videos?

3rd off: Been wanting to share some Gmod pony videos here, but I haven't seen a lot of new ones that made me laugh as much as the older ones have, but here's some that made me chuckle:

The best one:
The main six with the help of Derpy and Celestia vs machines: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL9-PQ1wWLk

The 2nd best one (I would actually like to see a version of Derpy where she has a British accent):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLVoxgh4dc4

The TF2 boys save Lyra from a Chrysalis (the thing from X-com) with the help of whatever the buck that thing at the end was: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFlpKg5ImH8

Pinkie surprises Scout (this reminds me of the Slender game for some reason): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARv4C2LB45Q

Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:29 am

sred minaak brees krotek.

I am seriously considering further developing my doodle skills into drawing skills purely for her.

Also I am not dead. I merely finished my studying of the brony fandom and its parallels with other fandoms. Also I am unamused by the tightening leash.

Also I agree with who/whomever said that Alicorns are not immortal they just live long. Without death there is no life!

Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:29 am

Unless they're like a phoenix.

I don't think that's how alicorns send letters...

I'm so reading in THIS library~!
Post a reply