My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: MLP: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Grieffon » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:05 pm

Some great songs:
Long way from Equestria by Mando + Acoustic
Memory lane by Forest Rain
Great to be different by Forest Rain

... I'm not the only one here who look for MLP songs am I?
Last edited by Grieffon on Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:43 pm

Grieffon wrote:Some great songs:
Long way from Equestria by Mando + Acoustic
Memory lane by Forest Rain
Great to be different by Forest Rain

... I'm not the only one here who look for MLP songs am I?

No, I've put up a few, I added one of Creature Feature and the Natalirap just recently.
Bark

Postby Dibullba » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:43 am

Would add songs, but I am more interested in PMVs honestly.

Edit: Also does not help that SimGretina posts a song every single day....

Postby True Order » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:46 am

PONY DREAM

I was a unicorn.

The setting appeared to be the innards of Canterlot Castle, specifically an Assembly Room.

It seemed to be an award banquet, there were many tables set up each with a bowl of mixed nuts in the center the nuts were the appetizers I assume, later we got actual meals and etc etc.

Shining Armor, a few other guards, and some if not all of the mane 6 were receiving awards for Saving Equestria in its time of need.

When Twilight was making a speech there was an incredible rumble outside, we tried to check it out but the doors were sealed. Some guards and Twilight tried to open it with both brute and magic but to no avail. Some kind of magical quarantine from what I heard the guards murmuring about.

We all sort of camped in the castle for a day or so and had yet to bypass the doors, the guards were now watching over them and were not allowing any citizens to attempt to open them.

Welp, push came to shove and I was getting stir crazy, I would have killed to get out of there.

For some reason Fluttershy was selling weapons, all kinds of weapons, and she only accepted almonds?! as currency, she said she needed them to feed her animals even though no animals were with her.

I ended up stealing a small quantity of almonds from her in order to buy a simple pistol and combat knife from her, she fell for it but she was NOT happy when she figured out I had jipped her.

But luckily I was on the other side of the castle by the time she did figure it out.

A bunch of royal guards rush me and knock me out, end dream.
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:55 pm

Well this was pretty damn well amazing...

Rhyth is Magic - EVERYTHING!

EDIT: Hey, found another interesting thing. Anyone remember that    Lauren Faust comment about an RD BF   ? Yeah, that's legit. Before, I was just told it was an edited comment.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Grivous » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:37 am

But if she posted that just to see the world burn?

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Grieffon » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:41 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:EDIT: Hey, found another interesting thing. Anyone remember that    Lauren Faust comment about an RD BF   ? Yeah, that's legit. Before, I was just told it was an edited comment.

And it still is an edited comment. If you look at the url, it's http://fyre-flyee.tumblr.com/. Someone just made their tumblr look exactly like dA, and putting links to dA accordingly.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:21 pm

... DAMN IT! Well that's messed up :I
An Optimist

Postby True Order » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:16 pm

Hmm. I was thinking about looking into making a Shadow of the Colossus ponified fanfic, inspired by KKAT's style of writing.

After a fair bit of searching I see that the idea of Shadow of the Colossus + Ponies has been done to what some might call death.

Yet strangely nobody has quite done what I was thinking of.

Even so, the idea sounds far too overdone for me to even consider to try my take on it. Pity.
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Grieffon » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:23 pm

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:39 pm

Whatever Secreta Altare is supposed to be, I like it.
An Optimist

Postby Mad-Mutt » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:42 pm

Grieffon wrote:Image

HOLY SHIT!! That... that is... (cries a little) that is just... (cries some more) that is just beautiful man. It's so adorable! I just... Oh man, its so cute... Dammit, this is beautiful, I just... (cries again) I can't take it! Its so cute. This picture tells me there's no reason to be afraid or sad ever again, its so damn cute! :D :'( :grin: :'( :) :mrgreen:
Bark

Postby Dibullba » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:37 am

Getting close to two years since FiM started and this fandom still continues to amaze me

Postby Grivous » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:41 am

Wow, now this is WAY to epic!
What a amazing trailer. o.O

EDIT:

It's coming!

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:13 pm

Bark

Postby Grieffon » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:34 pm

Fan project: Children of the Night preview

Funny how people are saying this actually looks better than the show just because of the art style. It looks great, but in term of animation it's still stiff here and there.

I think anyone can edit the page, but considering that the dvd will be released in December, October sounds about right.

Postby Grieffon » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:06 pm

For Grivous's late birthday:

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:10 am

An Optimist

Postby Grivous » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:58 am

@Grieffon: An arrow in the knee. *bah dum tish*

Haha! Thanks, Grieffon! :D

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Mir@k » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:44 pm

So i saw an interesting theory on 4chan pony board the other day, cutie marks are the human equivalent of tramp stamps? =O
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Marquis de Soth » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:11 pm

In a vacuum? Kind of. In universe? Not at all.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Grieffon » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:08 pm

Free promo MLP TCG card from Enterplay for completing a survey. It will end on Sep 16th, so hurry.

Also, last chance to sign up for Past Sins hard copies. It will also end on Sep 16th.

Mir@k wrote:So i saw an interesting theory on 4chan pony board the other day, cutie marks are the human equivalent of tramp stamps? =O

Pony tattoo is becoming a trend, we will some tramp stamps soon enough. Just hope that it won't be a guy.

Postby Hiroko » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:44 pm

Mir@k wrote:So i saw an interesting theory on 4chan pony board the other day, cutie marks are the human equivalent of tramp stamps? =O

In-universe, cutie marks are symbolic of puberty/coming of age. Young school ponies with cutie marks tend to make fun of those who haven't gotten their cutie marks yet, and to drive the point home, they have "Cute-ceañeras," an obvious play on the word "quinceañera," to celebrate a pony receiving their cutie mark.
The Sentimental One

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:53 pm

I've seen a girl with pony tattoos come through my store a few months ago. They were in the series 1 style, but I respected it. Then we brohooved and we laughed.
An Optimist

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:08 am

So I think it's been long enough so here is a bother fanfic report, as I do so love gobbling it up when I get the chance.

First up is School Daze. This one is about what happens to Cheerilee after she gets booted from her job in Ponyville after the Discord incident and sent to a run down school in the mining town of Old Canterlot. It's a darn good read. She move in turns the school around, really shows her stuff in the process and 80's music references abound. Quite a good read if I do say so. My only problem with it is thus. Spoilers beyond.

The only thing that irks me about this story is the inclusion of Discord. It would have been fine if whatever he was planning amounted to something. He acted as if he had some grand scheme afoot and I feel it could have been handled better. It just seems to be a haphazard attempt at setting up the plot of the sequel. Haven't read it yet but will probably get to it at some point.   

Either way still a great read.
Live reading here for anyone interested.

///

Upheval: Breaking Point

This one is absolutely delicious. Twilight finds something she shouldn't have an ends up teleported into the Equestrian Barrier lands, a place Celestia has hidden from the Heartland for a great many years. This puts a great many events in motion and ends up with the Mane Six banished and fighting a war against the invading Wolven. Its a bit hard to keep track of with so many characters wheeling their plans around the plot but it's totally worth it and the chapters tend to be pretty short.

Live reading here.

///

Mortality Report

I kind of like this one it's short and rather interesting if a little sad. Celestia is with Twilight and the rest of her friends as she is about to pass from old age. As this happens Celestia send a letter to her teacher, the queen and what she has learned about mortality. Celestia makes a big decision after writing the letter and it's very telling about Celestia the proposed queen and what she expects of/knows of Twilight. I quite enjoyed it.

///

W.O.M.P.

Another short fic about Twilight taking a new automated test to graduate from Celestia's School For Gifted Unicorns. It's mildly funny but I have one big issue with it. Spoilers ahead.

The big twist at the end is that Luna messed with the test to make it so that it would insult her at every possible moment and make it impossible to complete the test in the first place. Twi comes out the other end a total wreck. It was just way too mean spirited for my tastes. Might have been a little more ok with it if it were Trollestia as opposed to Luna but not by much.   

That being said good for a few laughs and not much else.

///

Sisters

Yet another short fic. This time Celestia and Luna have given up the better part of their authority transferring things to a more set rule of law standard. Hilarity ensues. Crazy old laws on the books, Luna betting away the moon, socks... all that goodness. Not the greatest thing in the world and not to be taken seriously but an enjoyable enough read.

///

MLP Anthology of Interest

Here is a fun read for you guys. This one rips off Futurama's 'what if machine' if hilarious results. What if AJ planted beans and not apples, what if Fluttershy was empress of all, what if ponies wore clothes all the time... all these questions and more are answered for your reading pleasure. Very fun read.

Happy reading everyone.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)