My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby J-Dude » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:12 pm

Hey Couch, tell me:

Those collectible coins you were urging us all to pick up earlier?

I don't suppose YOUR purchase has ALSO essentially been deemed "delivered when I get around to it" by a woman who evidently harbors no regard whatsoever for other peoples' time and money?

Because this flippant bitch has failed to lift a finger since my purchase well over a fucking MONTH ago by now. And based on her recent feedback, I'm not the only one.
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:14 pm

Have all of you watched the Equestria Girls yet?

Not sure if you guys noticed but if you look closely enough, you can see Sweetiebelle doing the robot.

I'm telling Sherclop :>
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby TheLivingCouch » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:37 pm

J-Dude wrote:Hey Couch, tell me:

I don't suppose YOUR purchase has ALSO essentially been deemed "delivered when I get around to it" by a woman who evidently harbors no regard whatsoever for other peoples' time and money?

Because this flippant bitch has failed to lift a finger since my purchase well over a fucking MONTH ago by now. And based on her recent feedback, I'm not the only one.

Nope. Can't say mine has been delivered yet either. It also seems that she will be selling more of said coins at Bronycon. Had I known that I might have waited... Merf.

Anyway.

J-Dude wrote:   I dunno, I'd never really planned it, it just sorta happened. It led to some good jokes, and I felt encouraged to keep it going. At this point, not having payoff would be an abandonment of the subplot. If nothing else, it gives the characters something to do.

Yeah, the scene felt a bit fast, though my editor OK'd it. Really, I was going off my own personal experience. They'd been apart a few weeks, and Rarity is SERIOUSLY pleased to know he's back and okay. She was willing to press her luck with Corey. Corey on the other hand, is a guy, and not one likely to reject the advances of a cute lady. Getting past the species barrier was really all it took to make him receptive, and from there it's a matter of will.

Basically, he's just expecting a mild first-date makeout-petting session, and Rarity is willing for more if he shows he's bold enough. Simple anatomical faux pas, and she takes it for a signal to steal second.

Like I said, it's quick, and it's quick because Rarity initiates fast. You can tell reading it that Corey wasn't expecting that at all, but kinda surrendered to it and... well... guy's been stuck in pony-world for under a month now. Whether he'd admit it or not, he'd like himself some companionship.

I don't plan for it to be a major distraction, and that scene should honestly be the most indulgent it ever really gets. I don't think romantic subplots are really necessary in anything, just window-dressing, but hey, harmless fun.   

You know what I can kind of roll with that. I don't care for it but I can at least agree with your reasoning. The mood certainly could use a little lightening up before the next chapter and to that effect the seen does rather well. So long as a big deal isn't made out of it like you say all should be well.

Also my comment wasn't that the scene was too fast. It had decent pacing to it, but you probably could have achieved the same effect with half the words. It was more that I don't think there was enough build up to the scene itself over the course of the fic, but so it goes.

Postby Grieffon » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:19 am

J-Dude wrote:Hey Couch, tell me:

I'm supposed to receive mine 3 months ago. She has been saying "soon" a few times since.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:18 am

Kusang_Manalo wrote:Have all of you watched the Equestria Girls yet?

Not sure if you guys noticed but if you look closely enough, you can see Sweetiebelle doing the robot.

There's also Gagnam Style thrown in there uwu

"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:37 am

Yeah, I saw that bit as well. Hilarious and awesome!

@All boxed up:

Yeah, Fluffymixer's stuff are hilarious. I wish he made more Dan-shenanigans though. He's getting no screen time ever since this shipping went crazy popular.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Grivous » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:52 am

Kusang_Manalo wrote:Have all of you watched the Equestria Girls yet?

You can see Applejack as the only one with definetely pony ears too. lol

And, no, I didn't watch it yet.
It will take awhile to come to theaters around here.

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Grieffon » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:54 pm

Not sure if I have posted this yet.

Maybe we can see something about it in the upcoming Big Macintosh story in the IDW comic.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:56 pm

These comics, yo... Just... Yes.

Also, more dance things!

An Optimist

Postby dj1107 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:52 am

Guess who's back motherbuckers?

Yeah finally watched a good HD video of Equestria Girls. & Hoo boy where do I begin. Well first off I enjoyed it yeah I generally did think it was quite good, Not theatrical worthy good but I'll get to that. In terms of the premise it was alright I actually did like the human design (save for Luna's which I thought was lazily handled.), music was great, & got a few good laughs.

Now for the negative point. There are some things that made me raise an eyebrow quite a few times. For example Luna stating it would take "30 moons" tor return to Equestria if Twilight didn't hurry. Now I get she ment "30 years" but when I think 30 moons it generally translate to a month which honestly isn't that terrible. 2nd problem would be that how exactly does Twilight not know what a school is & if this is a highschool then why are characters like the CMC here? 3rd problem is Sunset Shimmer who is TEETH GRINDING RAGE.
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Dibullba » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:11 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:These comics, yo... Just... Yes.

Also, more dance things!

GOD DAMN IT!!!! HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS!!!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:21 am

dj1107 wrote:. 2nd problem would be that how exactly does Twilight not know what a school is & if this is a highschool then why are characters like the CMC here?

Maybe it's one of those places where the high school and junior high are the same building. In my town they were, the junior high had the lower floor the high the upper (and we shared the physical grounds with the kindergarten-2nd grade building). We also don't know how much the age difference is over on this side. The characters can't all be the same ages their analogs are in Equestria, or they wouldn't all be in school together; Rarity and AJ are probably old enough they'd have graduated (actually since all of the ponies live on their own, in terms of human scale their probably ALL past schooling age, Twilight's "lessons" are roughly equivalent to something like graduate school/post doctorate (which I suppose means Celestia's "now we will learn from you" comment would be the equivalent of being made a Fellow of the College.) ) Plus the ponies don't age on the same scale as we do, Granny is the oldest pony in Ponyville and if I recall she's only 43. So it's a little hard to say what the CMC's ages translate out to in human terms.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:26 am

I'd kind of think they'd be 4-6 in my opinion, but I can see them being first year junior high students. I remember my junior high used to be both that and a high school back in my father's day with half for 7-9 grades and the other being 10-12. But I'm assuming with how the town grew they needed to expand and such. As for Twilight's knowledge I can see her breezing through certain subjects, but definitely needing some "from-square-one" tutoring in subjects like history, science and classes of the like with many differences between both worlds. It'd be kind of fun seeing her not knowing something for a change that a bookworm would or be able to reference something for at least a theory. It was cute her fiddle with modern technology and conveniences, but taking that a little further would be a hoot for me.

Also, wanting to try and look over this dance number again... All of these different references I'm seeing being posted now makes me want to see how many more there could be.
An Optimist

Postby kinetik07 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:54 am

dj1107 wrote:...Luna stating it would take "30 moons" tor return to Equestria if Twilight didn't hurry. Now I get she ment "30 years" but when I think 30 moons it generally translate to a month which honestly isn't that terrible...

I interpreted that as 30 lunar cycles, or roughly 30 months..

Granny Smith mentioned that the Apple Family Reunions occur each 100 moons. Every hundred moons would amount to about one family reunion every 2,953 days. So... Every eight years, and then some.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:19 am

Dibullba wrote:
Mr. Sefrol wrote:These comics, yo... Just... Yes.

Also, more dance things!

GOD DAMN IT!!!! HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS!!!

That sly bastard. I'm gonna have a talk to him. haha!
Not-an-animator

Postby dj1107 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:12 pm

Well in terms of characters I guess technically The EG versions of everyone are new I have to say they fill their roles fine albeit EG Fluttershy is bigger a Waifu trap then her pony counterpart & EG Trixie doesn't make me want to burn things with combustable bricks like her pony counterpart. EG Snips & Snails are bigger tools then their pony counterparts & that's sad. As I said before hated EG Luna's design since it need more dark blue surprisingly though liked EG Celestia alot more then normal Celestia.

As for the actual new characters Flash Sentry wasn't on screen enough for me to venomously hate like most of the fandom, But I did generally find him a bore.

& Then theres Sunset Shimmer. FUCK SUNSET SHIMMER. Goddamn I knew I was generally going to hate the character for being stock but I had no idea how stupid she was. By the end of the movie I just wanted Jotaro Kujo to pop down in the crater & ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA her for 3 straight minutes right into the wall of the school.
Last edited by dj1107 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:51 pm

KUSANG, TELL US WHAT HE SAYS! I NEED TO KNOW HIS RESPONSE!
An Optimist

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:03 am

Found some videos on youtube:

Babs gets tired of Apple Blooms uncouth behavior and lets everyone know who the REAL main character is, Rainbow Dash shows us her best Bane impression, Spike doesn't find snakes attractive while Pinkie lets Gummy know how good looking he really is, Spike inspires a rap song, Pinkie does some parkour and Twilight gets mad at Discord while Pinkie finds a butt tree:

Twilight gets really, really mad while Pinkie hypes the crowd:

And I'm actually glad this guy is still making these:
Bark

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:49 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:KUSANG, TELL US WHAT HE SAYS! I NEED TO KNOW HIS RESPONSE!

Nope. He wasn't the one who did it. Dang. I'm still searching, so I'll get back to you later.

Anyone participating jhaller's Top 10 pony vids? If it's not asking too much, please add Sunset Wants cake on your voting list. he he. Thanks!
Not-an-animator

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:18 am

This is actually a pretty cool Octavia Mecha:

Bark

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:42 am

I found Sherclop made his 9th episode, "Seed no Evil"

Don't know if it will be on youtube with how FiW was pulled and might be done again if he posts it there.
An Optimist

Postby Dibullba » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:01 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:I found Sherclop made his 9th episode, "Seed no Evil"

Don't know if it will be on youtube with how FiW was pulled and might be done again if he posts it there.

They will post the vimeo video to their website. As for youtube, they will likely go ahead and do it their as well. If it does get taken down causing them to receive a strike, then the next step is posting videos on youtube to go to the link below.

Youtube Version:

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:44 pm

I put this up in my art thread, but I also want to show you guys if you all don't care.

Twilight and Spike: Defenders of Equestria
--
Been a while since I last did some MLP:FIM art.
Decided to try something a little (or a lot) different this time and now we have A giant Godzilla Spike and a battle scared Twilight on their way to some off screen battle.
Will they succeed? Considering ones a Kaiju by this point and the other's an alicorn, probably.

Bark

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:55 pm

Actually, to me, Spike looks more like Smaug from the Rankin Bass animated version of The Hobbit (or since it is Twilight in the picture, the dragon from their version of The Last Unicorn) I think it's the semi-feline head
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:35 pm

I remember seeing that version of the Hobbit as a kid, never saw Last Unicorn though.
I played around a lot with the looks of Spike's adult form than I did with Twilight, I mostly drew inspiration from Heisei era Kaiju films for Spike.
Bark

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)