My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 02, 2013 8:41 pm

Grieffon wrote:Anyone here reads the official comic? Unlike the show, they get away with everything, so they have even more potential than the show.

It maybe alternate canon, but it's still canon.

What's the name of the official comic?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Grivous » Thu May 02, 2013 8:56 pm

Grieffon wrote:Anyone here reads the official comic? Unlike the show, they get away with everything, so they have even more potential than the show.

I sure do. The artists are just wonderful.
And I do love the writters. You can see in the comics things that you really won't see in the show(which is really cool).

And welcome to the thread, Rukair and Dragon! Take a seat and a cupcake.

Blood Lord wrote:

What's the name of the official comic?

I know them as "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Comic Book".
But there are other versions and more especific like "Rainbow Dash Micro Series", "Twilight Sparkle Micro Series" and "Rarity Micro Series".
The pictures that Grieffon posted are from the Main Comic Book. The last pic calling as "Nightmare Rarity" is the last version on sale.
$1.99 or $3.99 for a comic book? You guys so damn lucky......

Dibullba wrote:...and one other that shall not be mentioned for confidential reasons.

Interesting... Can you tell us more about it? #curious

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Rukair » Thu May 02, 2013 9:11 pm

Thanks everyone for welcoming me
@LivingCouch
The only thing I got to say about Substitute Harmony is that it has some tiwsts that are very surpirsing. Now about Perticulture I agree with you about Pinkie being her own mare but you have to agree with some the comedy that was put into it. Well any way its time for me to sign off bye.

Postby Dibullba » Fri May 03, 2013 9:10 pm

Keep hands and feet inside the ride at all times

Postby TheLivingCouch » Fri May 03, 2013 9:59 pm

J-Dude! So I went and read Chapters 8-10 last night. I tried to start on 11 but after that last chapter I just couldn't. Will continue tonight though should I find the time. First off I have to say that you have some guts to do what you did in Chapter 10. Second I've read a great deal of fic but yours has the special distinction of the first one that has made me out right angry. Not since Death Note have I wanted a character so badly to receive their comeuppance. Oy. Reviewy/Spoliery type comments to follow.

I was with you when you offed Spike at the beginning. I was with you through the branding of the Mane Six and all the torture all the captured ponies were put through. I was even with you when you killed off Trixie right as she was just about to escape. Now, all in one chapter you manage to have Mandeville kill of Celestia, Luna, and Twilight all in one fell swoop. I don't think it was supposed to but this chapter was not one that made me happy. I'll give you props for setting up and not using such an obvious dues ex machina with the phoenix tears, but what the hell? The whole story up to this point seems to have been in order to Shoot The Shaggy Dog, to name a trope. Was there a point? Was it just to show the reader that Mandeville is right? I'm just not sure, and from this point I just can't see where the story is going from here. The princesses are dead, Twi is dead, Shining Armor is incapacitated, the Elements have been stolen, Mandeville's robots are everywhere, and I have no fracking clue what happened to Corey. He seemed to disappear 2/3 the way through the chapter. It all just seems so cruel and hopeless, and I don't see a clear or even hopeful path out of the current situation. Mandeville's epic domination over everything has kind of turned me off to be honest. For not though I will keep reading if only to see him get what's coming to him. I won't forgive you if he doesn't so don't try and Giaus Baltar your way out of this one. There is no redemption for him.   

That being said, I have to ask J-Dude since I'm curious. About how far are you through your story? How many more chapters do you anticipate there being?

Rukair wrote:Thanks everyone for welcoming me
@LivingCouch
The only thing I got to say about Substitute Harmony is that it has some tiwsts that are very surpirsing. Now about Perticulture I agree with you about Pinkie being her own mare but you have to agree with some the comedy that was put into it. Well any way its time for me to sign off bye.

*shrug* It's been a while since I've listened to it but I don't remember having a problem at all with the writing or the comedy. It was just that final twist that was such a turn off.
Last edited by TheLivingCouch on Sat May 04, 2013 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat May 04, 2013 12:54 am

Tara Strong pony... Canon now... Yes~
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat May 04, 2013 2:07 am

So is the character designer of Tara pony get a royalty from this?

@JD: The picture you posted is a nice representation of the kingdom. However, I imagine the Canterlot being less open than in the picture. I think I liken Canterlot to Mon St. Michel. It's a huge palace surrounded by water with a long bridge extending out of the kindom. Things is, Canterlot is dangling on the side of a waterfall. Maybe you can use this for reference?
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby J-Dude » Sat May 04, 2013 4:39 am

TheLivingCouch wrote:J-Dude! So I went and read Chapters 8-10 last night. I tried to start on 11 but after that last chapter I just couldn't. Will continue tonight though should I find the time. First off I have to say that you have some guts to do what you did in Chapter 10. Second I've read a great deal of fic but yours has the special distinction of the first one that has made me out right angry. Not since Death Note have I wanted a character so badly to receive their comeuppance. Oy. Reviewy/Spoliery type comments to follow.

I was with you when you offed Spike at the beginning. I was with you through the branding of the Mane Six and all the torture all the captured ponies were put through. I was even with you when you killed off Trixie right as she was just about to escape. Now, all in one chapter you manage to have Mandeville kill of Celestia, Luna, and Twilight all in one fell swoop. I don't think it was supposed to but this chapter was not one that made me happy. I'll give you props for setting up and not using such an obvious dues ex machina with the phoenix tears, but what the hell? The whole story up to this point seems to have been in order to Shoot The Shaggy Dog, to name a trope.   

Aiy aiy aiy, TV Tropes... why did you make me look up what that meant? lol   

Was there a point? Was it just to show the reader that Mandeville is right?   

Believe it or not, yes, there WAS a point to that aside from raw shock value. I don't want to give away your next few chapters, but... I'd say this chapter set the stage for the rest of the story and put all the movers and shakers in motion, but that sounds like a massive "fucking doy." I guess what I can say is that there's a lot more going on under the hood than the reader is truly privy to by the end of chapter ten. And even by the current chapter twelve everything is weaving together the coming finale.

And "Mandeville is right??"

HELL no! Hahaha, oh me oh my, no.

Celestia and Luna I took to be some perceptive motherfuckers, and they got the right of Mandeville to the point that the guy will NEVER rid his dreams of Celestia's soul-piercing gaze.

Mandeville wasn't really a bad guy. He DID intend to do good back in the day, and while he IS a sort of anti-Tony Stark, he was well intentioned and ultimately felled by a failure to take responsibility for himself and his actions.

The Paris incident was clerical error, but it was still his fault, delegating nearly every task in Mandeville Arms to the judgement of his own personal pet Skynet and not taking a vested interest in making sure everything was handled properly. CAIRO is smart, but he can't always monitor himself objectively, and Mandeville fell way too easily into a sedentary lifestyle in which the computer did his job and he just had to spend his money how he liked. If he'd been doing ANYTHING to make sure CAIRO was making proper decisions, terrorists would never have gotten a shipment of heavy weapons delivered to their door.

He apologized, but publicly he blamed computer error and not his own negligence. He ducked responsibility and made himself so suspicious looking that he got his ass sucked into another universe by the American military on a black-op. Was it a grievous disregard for human rights, due process and all that jazz? Oh HELL yes! Corey was right to feel guilty about it, even without Equestria being a factor. But still, Mandeville could have prevented this had he not rested on his laurels.

So he arrives, cut off from everything, and he's good and pissed off. He meets some ponies, and in the back of his mind he's just LOOKING for an excuse to go total war on something. With none of his enemies within evident reach, he turns on ponykind the moment he can start justifying it. He's in no mood to be judged, and he's overreacting to simple culture hiccups. Like Luna and Celestia say, his lashing out on Equestria is a tantrum. He wanted an excuse to use his ballistic nuclear cock on something.

None of this is something he did consciously, really. He built the tapestry of bullshit he fed Twilight in chapter five out of a psychological need to justify his actions. He sees himself as a good guy, so he can't just kill sapient beings for no good reason. He has to believe he has a cause to fight for.

Not too long into it all through and his hate-boner kinda vanishes. He realizes, (about when he encountered Spike) that he's not so into this whole thing. But like before, he's not interested in doing time. He'd rather hide away safe in his cage, walled-off from reality and dreaded responsibility.

He doesn't WANT to do these things by chapter ten, and especially less after, but he'll be damned if he's spending his life in a cell, and he doesn't do suicide. In his mind, the only way to keep his freedom after all he's done is to keep everyone who threatens him from being able to do anything to him. The only way out for him, is forward, to stay the bloody course and keep responsibility at bay.

So no, Mandeville is most CERTAINLY not right, and what he's done is undeniably monstrous. The only way I'd learn from him is as a cautionary tale. He's a slothful coward, a lazy genius. A man who on any other day would just be kind of a loser, but here with all his power, where he can flip a switch and call down the thunder, he is incredibly dangerous.   

I'm just not sure, and from this point I just can't see where the story is going from here. The princesses are dead, Twi is dead, Shining Armor is incapacitated, the Elements have been stolen, Mandeville's robots are everywhere, and I have no fracking clue what happened to Corey. He seemed to disappear 2/3 the way through the chapter. It all just seems so cruel and hopeless, and I don't see a clear or even hopeful path out of the current situation. Mandeville's epic domination over everything has kind of turned me off to be honest. For not though I will keep reading if only to see him get what's coming to him. I won't forgive you if he doesn't so don't try and Giaus Baltar your way out of this one. There is no redemption for him.   

Sorry to say dude, but what you're feeling is a product of design. Feel lost, hopeless, drained? Can't see how things can EVER be right again?

Sorry man, that part is intentional. This is the story's nadir, the point wherein the reader sees a situation so unbelievably fubar that it looks to be beyond saving. Hell, breaking-even would be a colossal victory!

All I can tell you, is that you at LEAST need to read Chapter 11. Maybe after that, the mist might thin for you, just a tad.   

That being said, I have to ask J-Dude since I'm curious. About how far are you through your story? How many more chapters do you anticipate there being?

Good question!

Chapter ten almost audibly rings-in the end of Act II, and eleven begins Act III.

As of chapter twelve... Five? Maybe seven chapters to go?

It's hard to know. I'll find myself writing parts of the story I really hadn't thought would take much of anything, only to find they've created an entire chapter to themselves. The events of five through seven I originally thought would take a single chapter, and... well, five through seven.

Hell, Chapter eleven was such a small thought I believed it would require a mere quarter of a 12K word chapter to get across.

So yeah, we've hit the third act, and maybe after reading the rest of what's posted you'll feel a bit different. I look forward to your analysis after that :-)
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby Rukair » Sat May 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Hey guys I found more stories I want to share with you.

The Diary of Pinkamena Diana Pie
Pinkie Pie is a lot of things. Energetic, jubilant, enthusiastic, some might even mistake her as a bit superficial. But what new words might the pink party pony's friends come up with to describe her when they take a look into her past? A tale of heartbreak, conspiracies, lies, friendship, and of course, laughter awaits the five mares as they uncover the path Pinkie took to becoming who she is today. Discover it with them in The Diary of Pinkamena Diane Pie.
Here is the link http://www.fimfiction.net/story/69251/the-diary-of-pinkamena-diane-pie

Lost Time
When Rarity is given an order for a dress, a series of unfortunate circumstances lead her to request the aid of Twilight Sparkle. When she discovers that Twilight has been studying time spells, she asks if she can help her recover some of her time. Reluctantly, Twilight agrees, but when she is performing her spell, something breaks her concentration causing the spell to become unstable, sending them 15 years into the future. What awaits them in a world where they have been missing for so long? Will they ever get back to their own time? Only time will tell.
Here is the link http://www.fimfiction.net/story/2046/lost-time

Time for the last one. Now this one you can't judge the story by its title, its called "The Black Poines". This story its on hiatus, for now until the author is done with its other "successful" storys, but I don't believe that the athour will ever finish the story. I believe the reason for this is that it has not receive that much reviews, so please if you have time can you guys take a look at it and if you like it (or not) leave a comment, and can you also (this is your choice you don't have to) pass this story to other bronies. Please? And thank you.
P.S.
I just really want this story to update and be done.

The Black Poines
Disaster strikes Equestria twice: the realm is invaded by mysterious black ponies, whose goals are unclear and origin unknown. At the same time, the Elements of Harmony have disappeared, to places far beyond the reach of even Celestia and Luna. As the nation descends into war, Celestia, Luna, Twilight and the others must fight to prevent their home from being conquered by the enigmatic foes. But it is worse for Pinkie Pie: haunted by dreams of the black ponies, she must venture alone to seek out and retrieve the Elements, for only she possesses the mysterious power that can save them all: the magic of Paries Quartus, the ability to transcend the boundaries of space time...that which pony philosophers and poets have referred to as "the Fourth Wall."
Here is the link http://www.fimfiction.net/story/14573/the-black-ponies

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sat May 04, 2013 9:57 pm

J-Dude wrote:So no, Mandeville is most CERTAINLY not right, and what he's done is undeniably monstrous. The only way I'd learn from him is as a cautionary tale. He's a slothful coward, a lazy genius. A man who on any other day would just be kind of a loser, but here with all his power, where he can flip a switch and call down the thunder, he is incredibly dangerous.[/spoiler]

For the record this is incredibly good to hear. Of all the things you do right in Black Equinox, characterization is easily one of them. Not once have I questioned Mandeville's intentions or his motives. He's very well and clearly developed and all this psychological hangups are on full display. I positively loathe the character but more for his weakness as a person and his actions as opposed to any flaw in the writing on your part.

My only complaint really is that at the end of the chapter he seems to have won. Perhaps I was a bit too quick in speaking of Mandeville being 'right'. I was thinking mostly in context to his little speech about how Equestrian history would play out after he removes Celestia and Luna. Even without his prodding it could certainly go that way, and doubly so under his influence. The thought that it is even plausible is a terrifying one, and in that one regard he may just be 'right.' He certainly didn't prove it to the reader and not to the ponies of Equestria but through sheer force of victory he in a way proved it to himself.   

J-Dude wrote:   Sorry to say dude, but what you're feeling is a product of design. Feel lost, hopeless, drained? Can't see how things can EVER be right again?

Sorry man, that part is intentional. This is the story's nadir, the point wherein the reader sees a situation so unbelievably fubar that it looks to be beyond saving. Hell, breaking-even would be a colossal victory!

All I can tell you, is that you at LEAST need to read Chapter 11. Maybe after that, the mist might thin for you, just a tad.   

I expected as much, and I have to say you succeeded brilliantly. Thing is you succeeded too well.    If I may offer some criticism here, one of the last things you want to do is leave your readers feeling hopeless and that things can never ever be put right again. Even if that is the case like the way it is at the end of chapter ten you don't want them left with that impression. What point is there to read on if the villain has won, our heroes are dead, and there is nothing left to hope for? There really isn't. It's for this reason I believe those two FimFiction readers of yours jumped ship. A couple lines to a paragraph at the end giving a sort of epilogue and that somepony somewhere was plotting something or having a meeting, or stirring, or doing something somewhere would have done wonderfully to temper the mood. Just something to indicate that this wasn't in fact the end. Just my two cents anyway.   

Postby Dibullba » Sun May 05, 2013 8:05 am

This can not end well....

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun May 05, 2013 8:39 am

Um... what was with the giant moth having AJ's hat?
An Optimist

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun May 05, 2013 8:43 am

"Watership Down"

I love that book, I don't think Fluttershy will share my affection for it though. The animated movie they made based off of it was pretty good to. It doesn't hold a candle to the novel, but they had to try to fit an over 1,000 page epic novel into less than 90 minutes so I like it for what it is. The book though is incredible. My favorite character is Bigwig, I never thought that I'd call a rabbit a bad-ass, but Bigwig is a bad-ass.
Bark

Postby Grieffon » Sun May 05, 2013 10:27 am

@Sefrol:

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun May 05, 2013 3:38 pm

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW~ That's adowabibul!
An Optimist

Postby Grivous » Sun May 05, 2013 4:33 pm

Adorable? A moth is ugly as hell!

And why in tarnation this moth is so damn big?!

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun May 05, 2013 6:47 pm

Mad-Mutt wrote:"Watership Down"

I love that book, I don't think Fluttershy will share my affection for it though. The animated movie they made based off of it was pretty good to. It doesn't hold a candle to the novel, but they had to try to fit an over 1,000 page epic novel into less than 90 minutes so I like it for what it is. The book though is incredible. My favorite character is Bigwig, I never thought that I'd call a rabbit a bad-ass, but Bigwig is a bad-ass.

Well it could have been worse. She could have reached next to that book and taken Plague Dogs off the shelf.

Grivous wrote: Adorable? A moth is ugly as hell!

Depends on the Moth After all, THESE are moths too

Grivous wrote: And why in tarnation this moth is so damn big?!

Grivous.

Actually there IS a moth about that size. It's called the Ghost Moth (Thysania agrippina). It lives in Central and South America and has a wingspan of about a foot.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby BeeAre » Sun May 05, 2013 8:15 pm

moths are not gross grivous. they are big fuzzy bugs :3
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Grivous » Sun May 05, 2013 9:25 pm

@BeeAre: I am not saying that are gross. Just ugly.

@Mon-Kitsune: And, sure, those pictures are nice. And the second is even beautiful like this one:

But from above. And faaaaar away from me, on the wall.

Of course, I was meaning from the front:

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun May 05, 2013 10:59 pm

Still looks cute to me :3 Looks like it has big eyelashes.

Found some art too.

I'm blown away that someone else actually thought of this idea...
An Optimist

Postby BeeAre » Mon May 06, 2013 4:39 am

blueblood knives twilight meryl and fluttershy milly oh god what's wrong with me
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Dibullba » Mon May 06, 2013 5:38 am

BeeAre wrote:blueblood knives twilight meryl and fluttershy milly oh god what's wrong with me

Discord as Legato.... that is all

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon May 06, 2013 6:39 am

I'd think Lightning Dust would be Knives.

Also, this idea is... kinda awesome... Um... Hey, can anyone give tips on writing fanfics? This is too good to pass up.
An Optimist

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon May 06, 2013 6:57 am

Grivous wrote: @Mon-Kitsune: And, sure, those pictures are nice. And the second is even beautiful like this one:

Actually, Your pic is probably the more typical one. At least the Polyphemus moth I raised looked more like you pic than the one I posted.

These showed up on Danbooru this morning.
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts?tags=shepherd0821
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Rukair » Mon May 06, 2013 11:30 am

Nice pictures of Trigun there Sefrol. Now for the moths they do have beautiful patterns on their wings but they are not cute to me.

I found this while finding some remix of Pinkie's Brew

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)