9/20/09 PPGD Update, Pink Makes You Look Fat!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: 9/20/09 PPGD Update, Pink Makes You Look Fat!

Postby Ryley » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:47 pm

Q.U. wrote:The whole "Bubbles reminds Dex about DeeDee" concept could have been exploited much better. Unless there's still something more awaiting in the next page, but so far it looks like it slipped by barely mentioned while being potentially very useful.

Actually, it was pretty much exactly what I was hoping far. Dexter's drawn out speech really draws attention to his conflict, and it's even cuter with Blossom being insecure, and worrying that Dexter doesn't like the way she looks, then suddenly realizing what is going on, and worrying about Dexter for another reason. It's subtle, but really, the whole page is about it.

It might be nice to see Blossom awkwardly try to comfort him in the next page, but probably we'll move on to how Olga intends to make use of this.

Anyway, I like the hairstyle change.

Yeah, and again, so much cuter because we obviously can tell Blossom is cute, but she's not sure, and afraid Dexter won't think so. :D

Also, it's obviously not the same two kids (their hair colors aren't brown and blonde) but they still remind me of the switched Junior and Minnie. Maybe it's just the expression on "Junior's" face. :D

Postby Ryley » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:01 pm

Griddles wrote:Image

Well, keep in mind that the whole concept of that character is that she is developing much faster than the rest of her class. And that her emotional maturity is in contrast to that, she's normally very innocent and naive. It's an unusual situation, which is not going to be common, certainly among sisters who are, if not truly sisters in the usual sense, pretty much born from the same source.

They ARE old enough for Blossom to be worried about her body image. She would probably be jealous of someone like Mimi (the character above, not Her), for the obvious reason, but I'm got to agree she pretty much looks the way she should.

I wouldn't be opposed to Seir's take, but it would have to be subtle. :D

Postby gizmo2300 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:52 pm

man, i didnt realise it was Olga till now.. i lose =(

Good page though ^_^

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:11 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Dexter is getting a mild case of mind-fuck.

Does anyone know what font bleedman uses?
Patt-Ytto Productions | Dickwaffles

Postby Unlimited » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:12 pm

Wha?!
Where did you get that?
Memento mori

Postby Emerald Emblem » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:14 pm

I'd hazard a guess at comic Sans MS.

I'm glad to see Blossom with a different doo.
Lily: few people here are worthy of my rape

Postby Fenrisulfr » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:14 pm

It's not that hard to edit text.
Last edited by Fenrisulfr on Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:15 pm

Digimonadvent wrote:Wha?!
Where did you get that?

Where did i get what?

@EmEm: No i don't think it's comic sans. Looks different.

Postby Unlimited » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:19 pm

I mean't that picture.
Did...you edit the text?
Memento mori

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:21 pm

Duh how did you notice?
No but really, open paint. :|

Postby Unlimited » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:22 pm

I...never use paint.
That's why I sound kind of stupid.
Memento mori

Postby Emerald Emblem » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:22 pm

I think then, it's probably Anime Ace, a font you have to download and isn't pre installed on a computer
Lily: few people here are worthy of my rape

Postby Mirak's Mod Ghost » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:25 pm

Did...you edit the text?
a font you have to download and isn't pre installed on a computer
People are filled with "duh" moments today. Slow day eh?

Postby Firehazard » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:10 pm

Damn, Dexter looks extremely troubled. Like, it's extremely noticable . . very good thing. Makes it obvious as to why.

And now Bubbles' chest is more defined.
"It's nice, Kryts, really nice." "It's really great." "In fact, it's better than nice, it's fantastic." "Isn't it great?" "It's really great." "Really, really great."
". . . Are we eating the same stuff?"

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:40 pm

Creepy, but kinda funny.
I use photoshop.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:44 pm

Does anyone know what font bleedman uses?

I think Q.U and Ryley know. I've seen them edit the comics the same way a few times.

Seir and BR should know.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby RaenirSalazar » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:54 pm

If Ryuuga Rena from When They Cry was here I can just imagine the scene.

*Buttercup starts dancing*

*Rena spots this and gets a nosebleed*

"I-I... I am taking her home with me! HAUU~!" Hilarity Ensues.
" Disjunction, Improved Quickened Improved Maximized Improved Empowered Bigby's Crushing Hand "

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:58 pm

... Interesting.

I can use this
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:06 pm

The whole "Bubbles reminds Dex about DeeDee" concept could have been exploited much better. Unless there's still something more awaiting in the next page, but so far it looks like it slipped by barely mentioned while being potentially very useful.

Yeah, I'm going to pretend that you are talking about the events in the comic, and not the discussion in the forums.

@ Mir: I laughed.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Sable » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:07 pm

Lemon wrote:And how they jump to fourth grade. Weren't they in kindergarten before.
SableTheFabled wrote:Blossom standing in the mirror could be seen as a 13 year old.

Most girls are like that now. The younger ones stick with the older ones and become more like them.

Ummm. The girls don't "hang out" with anyone older then them in this comic, as far as we've seen, so I don't think that applies...
RacialslurX2

Postby Q.U. » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:41 pm

Yeah, I'm going to pretend that you are talking about the events in the comic, and not the discussion in the forums.

I am in fact.

@EmEm: No i don't think it's comic sans. Looks different.

It looks similar to Comic Sans, but has differences, mostly in Ds and Gs.

They ARE old enough for Blossom to be worried about her body image. She would probably be jealous of someone like Mimi (the character above, not Her), for the obvious reason, but I'm got to agree she pretty much looks the way she should.

Oh, I can so imagine Blossom trying to impress Dexter by getting a smallest bra and stuffing it with something to make herself look more womanlike.

Also, it's obviously not the same two kids (their hair colors aren't brown and blonde) but they still remind me of the switched Junior and Minnie. Maybe it's just the expression on "Junior's" face.

I thought it's already been established that Bleed has no imagination when it comes to "nobodies", their faces and their hair styles.

Actually, it was pretty much exactly what I was hoping far. Dexter's drawn out speech really draws attention to his conflict, and it's even cuter with Blossom being insecure, and worrying that Dexter doesn't like the way she looks, then suddenly realizing what is going on, and worrying about Dexter for another reason. It's subtle, but really, the whole page is about it.

It is what the page is about, but I'd prefer to see Blossom force Dexter into spilling his guts, and talking about it. That would have been more of her style, trying to talk him through that problem.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Random Wanderer » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:01 pm

Q.U. wrote:It is what the page is about, but I'd prefer to see Blossom force Dexter into spilling his guts, and talking about it. That would have been more of her style, trying to talk him through that problem.

She's only just recognized the problem in the last panel. Give her some time.

Postby k_money516 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:36 pm

Dex, man...
I feel real bad for him.
Dealing with all that shit...
K_Money516... All Day Every Day

Postby Ryley » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:20 pm

Random Wanderer wrote:
Q.U. wrote:It is what the page is about, but I'd prefer to see Blossom force Dexter into spilling his guts, and talking about it. That would have been more of her style, trying to talk him through that problem.

She's only just recognized the problem in the last panel. Give her some time.

And really, she's very uncomfortable about the issue. They've already talked about it the last chapter, and so she knows Dexter is very upset by it, and she's a little frightened and disturbed by the subject herself. She knows how she would feel if she lost Bubbles or Buttercup, and so she's not really sure how to comfort him, or even if she can.

It would be nice to see if this continues in the next few pages, though. One thing that occured to me is that if Mee Mee and Lee Lee show up, they are likely to be as shocked by Bubbles' appearance as Dexter. (Moreso since it will catch them by surprise) This could lead to an even more uncomfortable situation, as they notice Dexter sitting off to the side watching them. Likely Dexter hasn't been anywhere near anyone from the dance troupe since Dee Dee died, although he probably never attended recitals anyway.

That's a big if, though. Either way, as mentioned, it'll be interesting to see if Dexter decides he can't handle it and leaves, or if he decides to stay to see Blossom, who becomes worried about him, and tries to comfort him, or to reassure him that she won't be hurt if he leaves. She could also do so well trying to impress Dexter and get his mind off Dee Dee that she ends up doing better in the tryout than she originally intended. (I suspect this is the more likely scenario)

Postby LostinHeaven » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:58 pm

Ryley wrote: It would be nice to see if this continues in the next few pages, though. One thing that occured to me is that if Mee Mee and Lee Lee show up, they are likely to be as shocked by Bubbles' appearance as Dexter. (Moreso since it will catch them by surprise) This could lead to an even more uncomfortable situation, as they notice Dexter sitting off to the side watching them. Likely Dexter hasn't been anywhere near anyone from the dance troupe since Dee Dee died, although he probably never attended recitals anyway.

I would love it if Mee Mee, Lee Lee, or Dexter's parents showed up in the next few pages. I would especially love to see how they would react to Bubbles appearance and what not.

I'm also curious to see if Lee Lee still has her old crush on Dexter.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)