Dynamos????

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Dynamos????

Postby Possiblekim » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:04 am

Which one you prefer, the awakening of PPG's Dynamo or PPGZ's Dynamo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu1602iBtkI

Re: Dynamos????

Postby JinJoe » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:28 am

Original Dynamo is more "actiony" and is an amalgamation of the tree girl's appearance.

Z Dynamo is actually three robots that look like the original PPG and combines into a Z Blossom bot.
Kind of biased don't you think?

I vote for original.

Postby Symphonian » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:21 am

I like the original Dynamo better, but I like how the Z Dynamo looks exactly like Blossom. (I think it needs alternate forms)
Pinoys rule! :P

Postby Ryley » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:04 am

The original was obviously a parody of giant robot Animes, with all the technical jargon and dramatic music, so it's already poking (good natured) fun at the PPGZ version. On the other hand, I've always through combining robots were the coolest of the bunch, particularly Getter Robo G.

Symphonian wrote:I like the original Dynamo better, but I like how the Z Dynamo looks exactly like Blossom. (I think it needs alternate forms)

If it's anything like Getter Robo, it DOES have alternate forms. It assembed in the counterpart of Getter Robo's Dragun form, with Blossom's head on top, so it took on the form of Blossom. If Bubbles or Buttercup had taken the top position, though, it could have taken on their form.

I'm guessing the Blossom form is strongest, though (again, like Dragun) as Blossom is the brains (head), Buttercup is the physical strength (arms), and Bubbles is the speed and agility. (legs)

Postby Possiblekim » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:09 pm

Ryley: WHat you said is true

They also have 2 additional mode. One is the Buttercup form which can definetly for offensive (her hand is a hammer an drill) and Bubbles form (can lift very heavy object).

Unlike PPG's Dynamo, PPGZ's Dynamo is not made for battle but time travelling but in later episode, PPGZ's Dynamo has it's own will and start bashing Mojo's Robot.

Postby Ryley » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:27 pm

Possiblekim wrote:They also have 2 additional mode. One is the Buttercup form which can definetly for offensive (her hand is a hammer an drill) and Bubbles form (can lift very heavy object).

That's pretty much exactly like Getter Robo. :D Although I would have expected Buttercup's robot to be the physically strongest one. I'm sure they were making it more of a homage to Getter Robo than making it fit the PPG, though.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:39 pm

I could care less for either one.

PpGD needs Dynamo MkII.

A new one, completely different, and one that pays homage to Wing Gundum.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Seiryuga » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:53 pm

There shall be no homage to anything Gundam in PPGD, ever.
copyrights are a bitch ain't it?

Postby Archrival » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:03 am

Seiryuga wrote:There shall be no homage to anything Gundam in PPGD, ever.

Well Bleed enjoy Gundam from what I've seen of screenshots and BR is writing the story, maybe a megas tribute or summat else perhaps like Mighty Morphin power rangers.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Possiblekim » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:34 am

Actually we had seen the draft of Dynamo for PPGD. But hey like I say it was a draft. Maybe there will be an improvement on it. BeeAre mentioned that Dexter will modify Dynamo.

Postby Ntoonz » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:27 am

But it doesn't appear that Bleed's drawing in that style any more. The large feet and hands are yesterday's news. More's the pity.
Unauthorized Bleedman maquettes and ornaments! Get 'em at http://www.ntoonz.com
And join the adventure at http://rangers.comicgenesis.com
http://ntoonz.deviantart.com

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:20 pm

Possiblekim wrote:Actually we had seen the draft of Dynamo for PPGD. But hey like I say it was a draft. Maybe there will be an improvement on it. BeeAre mentioned that Dexter will modify Dynamo.

Mk II, later it will be Mk III.

Ntoonz wrote:But it doesn't appear that Bleed's drawing in that style any more. The large feet and hands are yesterday's news. More's the pity.

It probably won't appear in the same way, but I think we can still take basic points from it.

... Damn.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Seiryuga » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:44 pm

Archrival wrote:

Well Bleed enjoy Gundam from what I've seen of screenshots and BR is writing the story, maybe a megas tribute or summat else perhaps like Mighty Morphin power rangers.

Bleed enjoys giant robots, but not the Gundams.

Seriously though, fuck gundams.
copyrights are a bitch ain't it?

Postby JinJoe » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:42 pm

Bleedman is more into the Super Robot genre.
They're depicted as super heroes (seemingly invincible, fights giant foes in one-on-one combat, super powers, etc.) thus the "super" part.
Dynamo and Megas are in this genre.

Gundam is in the Real Robot genre.
It depicts mechas as if they were real vehicles (factory made, used for various purposes mainly war, destructable, etc.) thus the "real" part.

Postby Possiblekim » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:54 am

Oh well.. Then can Dexter's family robot consider as real robots?

Seir: BeeAre mention about Dexter modifying Dynamo. Does that mean Dynamo have different parts then combine together to become Dynamo?

Although that will not be consider as Dynamo anymore since Dynamo stands for

Dynamic, Nanotronic, Monobot

Postby Ryley » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:30 am

Possiblekim wrote:Oh well.. Then can Dexter's family robot consider as real robots?

The Dexter Family robot is based on the combining robot idea, like Getter Robo, Voltron, or the Zoids from Power Rangers. It's not mass produced by a military, but by Dexter himself, so I would call it a Super Robot. It's also really a single robot, not multiple ones.

Mandark also has his version of the Giant Robot, and Dexter actually has a couple of them, as well as his power suit which he used in the fight with the girls. That's distinct from a Giant Robot, though. I think the distinction between Super Robot and Real Robot is in the idea of the Real Robot being a common thing, which just about anyone can pilot. There are enough of them that you can have whole armies of them. (Although the main character may have a particularly strong one, such as the prototype)

It would actually be interesting to see if Dexter takes his combining robot idea and applies it to Dynamo. I get the impression, though, that Dexter only made the Family Robot a combine type because it needed to have multiple pilots because of its size. It was the largest of all of his robots, and he didn't try to use any of his regular robots against the monster, so I'm assuming they were all too small.

Dynamo also has more than one pilot, so it might actually work better as a combining type. If I know Dexter, though, he will probably have Dynamo split into three, and then recombine with his own robot as the center. Unless he takes the head, but it might be interesting to see if he recognizes Blossom's leadership skills.

Postby JinJoe » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:54 pm

Correction.
They're called "Zords".
"Zoids" is a different show (and toy line).

Postby Ryley » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:19 pm

JinJoe wrote:Correction.
They're called "Zords".
"Zoids" is a different show (and toy line).

What can I say, I don't watch either. :D

Postby fusion » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:12 am

im kinda of an originale fan or old school fan my self but iv see n ppgz and i like it but it didnt kach my attention like ppg did sooo ill go with ppg dynamo :grin:

Postby Possiblekim » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:30 am

Let us hope that Dynamo + Dexter's Robot is not like the one we see in "Let's Save the World you Jerk!". That would be funny though.

Postby JinJoe » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:57 am

I doubt that would happen anytime soon.

Postby Ryley » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:30 am

Possiblekim wrote:Let us hope that Dynamo + Dexter's Robot is not like the one we see in "Let's Save the World you Jerk!". That would be funny though.

Well, the plot there was that Dexter and Mandark were unable to be a team, each had to be the one in control. So their robot was split down the middle, instead of being made up of equal parts. It would be funny to see Dexter got through a phase like that with Dynamo, but eventually settle into the team as a partner, and not leader.

Heck, it wouldn't even have to be Dynamo. He's going through that right now, with having to defeat the blob monster all by himself, and ending up rescued by the girls. The boy's going to be taking some blows to his ego for a while. :D

Postby Possiblekim » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:29 pm

INtresting, I have not thought of that. I beginning to think pariring Blossom with Dexter is abad idea. Since both wants to be thier own leader.

Postby Ryley » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:55 pm

Possiblekim wrote:INtresting, I have not thought of that. I beginning to think pariring Blossom with Dexter is abad idea. Since both wants to be thier own leader.

But that's a quality that they have in common.

If it gets fun while they come to terms with it, it will be fun, but I think in the end they'll be able to see each other as equals. Blossom fights with Buttercup over leadership at times, but she does respect her opinions. And Dexter's hopefully learned that he was putting his ego ahead of really listening to Dee Dee and appreciating her as his sister, and that's cost him. That's really what his whole conflict was about, when Mandark hit him with his The Reason You Suck Speech, and he retreated into his own mind. Dexter had to admit to himself that it was his fault that Dee Dee died, and he was about to do the same thing to Blossom, unless he put his ego aside and saved her.

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)